When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- UncleBlobb said St. Lawrence Of Brindisi pray for us.
- Gratias said This may give Franciscans a bad name. [Oh hardly!...
- Rachel Pineda said I think if my eyes are working properly after that...
- JTH said Really couldn’t tell who the women in the vi...
- UncleBlobb said It’s rather exciting to use many ribbons and...
- Giuseppe said Baroque composers expected their music to be playe...
- Fr. Thomas Kocik said I say this without benefit of having Bugnini’...
- kiwiinamerica said What truly rotten fruit last October’s Synod...
- Geoffrey said Sounds messy.
- Latin Mass Type said And over at Crust er…Crux or Fishwrap (when...
- RomualdMonk said This sort of thing is what would cause St. Francis...
- AuroraChristina said I think I’ll bury my head in a capa magna an...
- MouseTemplar said I have been reading Prof. Esolen’s translati...
- Gabriel58 said I once served as subdeacon at a Mass in which the...
- ChrisRawlings said Yes, Charles, there are. The bishop of Regensburg...
- IoannesPetrus said My apologies: I should have said laws to that effe...
- Matt Robare said In Papal High Masses bishops served as deacons, bu...
- IoannesPetrus said I think it would be licit for a Bishop to act as a...
- TawdryPenitent said This is a joke…………….
- merio said Our Bishop, who had sat in choir before he was ord...
- Andrew Saucci said Perhaps a bishop who wants to learn the extraordin...
- CharlesG said It’s wonderful that these German curial card...
- Cody said Look at all those bald heads…
- John V said Maybe he studied under Stephen Colbert....
- JuliaB said Is it actually called ‘Lady Day’? Beca...
- mysticalrose said He forgot the giant bowl of fire for the focal poi...
- Michael_Thoma said I agree, but for the same reason, I generally thin...
- SimonDodd said Benedict Joseph, might I suggest that the reason m...
- John F. Kennedy said Two things; The music being played on the record o...
- JuliaB said This is funny for about two seconds before it just...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
An outstanding opportunity to get into Latin and New Testament Greek
For Easter: another ethereal music CD from the chart-topping nuns…
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- LENTCAzT 38: Friday of the 5th Week of Lent – Our Lady of Sorrows
- ASK FATHER: Can a Bishop be a Deacon for a Priest in a Solemn Mass?
- Another Cardinal stands up to Card. Marx and German bishops:
- The silly season is still in full swing!
- Wherein Fr. Z muses on a growing trend
- “Blessed are they who persecute the righteous, for they shall be called the children of God.”
- Card. Müller: Delegate doctrinal decisions to regional conferences? “absolutely anti-Catholic”!
- Card. Nichols reacts to the 500 Priests
- 25 March – D. Madison – Pontifical Mass at the Throne
- LENTCAzT 37: Thursday of the 5th Week of Lent
- 1st Joyful Mystery: The Annunciation
- Of the Premonstratensian Rite and Confessions
- WDTPRS: Annunciation – Lady Day
- 25 March: St. Dismas – The Good Thief
- LENTCAzT 36: Wednesday of the 5th Week of Lent
- Card. Cordes tackles hard the German Bishops Conference
- Brick by Brick in Greenville
- New interview with Card. Burke
- 8 major studies of identital twins prove homosexuality Is NOT genetic
- OCTOBER 2015: Summorum Pontificum Pilgrimage
- Nearly 500 faithful priests in England and Wales sign letter urging Synod to stand firm!
- LENTCAzT 35: Tuesday of the 5th Week of Lent
- ASK FATHER: Extraordinary Form “Dialogue” Masses
- ASK FATHER: Can confessions be heard during Mass in the Extraordinary Form?
- English translation problem on Vatican website of key paragraph of an important document
- LENTCAzT 34: Monday of the 5th Week of Lent – UPDATED
- Great news!
- POLL: Covering images for 1st Passion Sunday, 5th Sunday of Lent
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- LENTCAzT 33: 5th Sunday of Lent
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Tag Archives: FNC
Recently, Adam Shaw of FNC published quotes from me in a piece online about the dynamics that are developing in the Church during the pontificate of Pope Francis.
I am now getting email asking me about this.
The interview Adam Shaw conducted … Continue reading
A few minutes ago I switched on the TV and saw on Fox News an amazing commentary piece by Liz Trotta about “pro-choice”, “pro-life”, the ramifications of abortion.
Please keep your eyes peeled for the online video of that commentary.
UPDATE 21 … Continue reading
On FNC there was a great spot about the Soap Sisters in New Jersey, the Dominican Sisters of Our Lady of the Rosary.
Watch the latest video at video.foxnews.com
I have written about the “Soap Sisters” quite a few times and I … Continue reading
I saw on FNC Bill Hemmer’s interview of two talking heads, Monica Crowley (conservative pundette) and Christopher Hahn (former aide to Sen. Chuck Schumer D-NY). I hope they post the video of this surprising exchange.
The wonks were reacting to the … Continue reading
Last night His Eminence Timothy Card. Dolan was on with Bill O’Reilly on FNC. O’Reilly actually let him get a word in.
This is the first part of the interview. I understand that the rest of it will be posted elsewhere. … Continue reading
Were Charles Krauthammer to run for President I might just vote for him. Just think of the great press conferences and State of the Union addresses.
Yesterday, Dr. K had provide Special Report on Fox News Channel a blistering and at … Continue reading
Okay… grilled is a little melodramatic.
I was at the Newscorp Building where Fox News Channel is ensconced to tape some Q&A for some upcoming projects my good friend Greg Burke, FNC’s Rome correspondent, is preparing.
Some people will probably look at … Continue reading