Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Support them with prayer and fasting.
- Mike said I have long thought that ditching the “prima...
- Mike said “Love and procreation are reduced to biologi...
- Luvadoxi said What I find interesting is that in the PCUSA churc...
- gracie said I could never buy the argument that celibate relig...
- thefeds said Sounds like anything truly Catholic and orthodox c...
- majuscule said SaintJude6 says: Every time I click on a link from...
- Priam1184 said Aargh. Enough of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict...
- Legisperitus said I should have added: Infertility is a medical con...
- Kensington said Reading the comments over at Fishwrap is always a...
- Legisperitus said The infertility bit is a total red herring. Focus...
- maskaggs said I’ll confess to being confused when the issu...
- Gregg the Obscure said TheDude05 – they already said they won’...
- SaintJude6 said Thank you, Fr. Z. Your comments gave me the best...
- Quirinus said Subjective recounting of “experiences”...
- Dimitri_Cavalli said Hamas is a humanitarian organization, while the Na...
- acardnal said Pelosi is ignorant of more than just the Catholic...
- kelleyb said I think Botox has finally poached her brain cells....
- Simon_GNR said Allan S. “…. banished to penguin-la...
- TheDude05 said “But when discussing sex, the deepest human...
- jacobi said Father, I’m often reminded of that joke by t...
- LeeF said Why don’t these people just walk on down the...
- Imrahil said I’m not going in for lawbooks here, but I do...
- LarryW2LJ said Prayers for her soul (and all souls like these), t...
- Imrahil said As to temperance, there is, I guess, a certain for...
- yatzer said I know a woman who is also a “womanpriest...
- pelerin said Father – you write that you hope to have an...
- Magash said Reconverted Idiot: such temperance messages are no...
- andia said The only time I have heard applaus in church was w...
- tcreek said This books does not seem to claim that it is writt...
- JeremyB said Just switched to Acuity a few months ago. I’...
My wish lists
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
How about Rome in October?
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- Nancy Pelosi rides again!
- Meltdown Countdown: Fishwrap on the Synod
- It’s a terrible thought: dying excommunicated…
- INTERNET PRAYER UPDATE: Tagalog AUDIO added (Klingon on the way)
- Card. Pell: Holder of Vatican purse strings, celebrant of Traditional Roman Rite
- JUST TOO COOL: Acuity Flagpole Project
- ACTION ITEM! Book from 5 Cardinals in defense of marriage and tradition
- Dust up in Paraguay
- Some positive items
- Card. Müller’s book-length interview: refutes Communion for divorced and civilly remarried
- His Hermeneuticalness, priest and hacker
- Your Good News
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- 2nd Amendment wins one in DC!
- 28 July 1914 – WORLD AT WAR – 100th anniversay of WWI
- How Fishwrap celebrates Episcopalian “ordination” of women.
- St. John XXIII doesn’t like it when you clap in church. So STOP it! (VIDEO)
- Archbishop Chaput on Pope Francis
- Boy Scout held at gunpoint at Canadian border
- MS-13 gang recruiting among illegals flooding across the border
- Will IRS monitor content of sermons? Do they now?
- My View For Awhile: 77 square mile edition
- How many children have died in Hamas’ tunnels?
- ASK FATHER: Why don’t bishops wear cassocks?
- October Rome Pilgrimage – Summorum Pontificum
- WDTPRS 17 Ordinary Sunday: There is no room in Christian life for complacency.
- There’s wreckovation, and then there is this.
- Pope Francis and the Evangelicals
- Napa Institute: Day 3
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
I just bought some candy bars for the chancery staff. Sweeten up someone’s day!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
I use these great cards when I travel
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Tag Archives: Fr. Finigan
My good friend Fr. Tim Finigan, His Hermeneuticalness, has not only revamped his fine blog, but he has a post about revamping the roof of his parish church!
As Capt. Aubrey would say, “‘Up on the roof’ ain’t in it.”
Go say … Continue reading
His Hermeneuticalness, Fr. Tim Finigan, has a great insight, by means of a reductio ad absurdum:
I am heartily sick of the protest “I don’t go to Mass because my parents forced me to go when I was young.” OK Son, … Continue reading
His Hermeneuticalness, Fr. Finigan and the great PP of Brighton, Fr. Blake, share their views of the Papal Mass in Glasgow today.
Be sure to visit their fine blogs.
Some comments from Fr. Finigan about the Mass today:
Liturgically, the Mass at Bellahouston … Continue reading
From His Hermeuenticalness. I think we should consider this.
Having just worked out what #followfriday is on Twitter (and indeed having posted my first #FF tweet) I thought it would be good to have an hashtag for an "Anathema Saturday" … Continue reading
Times have changed,And we’ve often rewound the clock,Since the Puritans got a shock,When they landed on Plymouth Rock.If today,Any shock they should try to stem,‘Stead of landing on Plymouth Rock,Plymouth Rock would land on them.
In olden days a glimpse of … Continue reading
At the beginning of July, a month dedicated in a special way to devotion to the Most Precious Blood of the Lord, I give you in the PODCAzT a short reflection on the Blood of the Lord, what happens at … Continue reading
In this PODCAzT we will drill into the Collect designated for the Memorial of soon-to-be Blessed John Henry Newman (+1890).
I have as a surprise, a guest appearance by Fr. Timothy Finigan, who will read one of Newman’s famous works.
We drill … Continue reading
My friend His Hermeneuticalness has hit for six.
Here is a sample. But definitely go over to his place and spike his stats even while reading the rest of this excellent entry.
My emphases and comments:
Judge not, that you may … Continue reading
Richard Dawkins is closing in on "punch line" status.
My friend the great pastor of Blackfen, His Hermeneuticalness has an excellent comment about Dawkin’s latest attack.
Damian Thompson today has a quotation from Richard … Continue reading