Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Support them with prayer and fasting.
- Chon said Priam1184: Witness? Among other things, martyrdom.
- AVL said Just as an FYI, in the picture of the tattooed men...
- Priam1184 said Very beautiful Father thank you. And thanks for t...
- CharlesG said I would agree with the Pope and the bishops that p...
- mr205 said Sadly, Obama’s court packing plan at the DC...
- Laura R. said May the Exploration Day be a blessed occasion for...
- Philip Gerard Johnson said In case it helps anyone, I learned the hard way (b...
- Lin said The health care system in the USA used to be the B...
- CordiaGrace said It is saddening, disheartening, and extremely frus...
- Michaelus said Many, many thanks for the passage from Augustine....
- Mojoron said One thing you can count on with this band of misch...
- acardnal said Remember the Regensburg Lecture by his Holiness Po...
- ad Deum said Help at: http://rescuechristians.org Featured by...
- daveams said I don’t like the idea of such a prayer being...
- Pope Francis prays for success of | Foolishness to the world said [...] I lifted this press release from the Persona...
- av8er said I flew on the border for 4 years with CBP. Yes it...
- acardnal said Jim in Seattle, I have seen a number of clergy, re...
- jhayes said There actually were two decisions today and they...
- marcelus said Pope Francis has said that the Christians of Mosul...
- Pie and Palestrina said I live in central Texas. As is usually the case,...
- Jim in Seattle said The FSSP has called for a day of prayer on August...
- SKAY said danube– “It is no exaggeration to say...
- Ben Kenobi said Thanks for extending the invitation, Father Z. I...
- albizzi said I am living about 20 miles from St Mary Magdalene&...
- Rachel K said I am very sorry reading this that the new system i...
- Suburbanbanshee said Well, obviously a dual rite priest assigned to a L...
- Cantor said Don’t sell yourself short here, Father Z. Th...
- acardnal said “Who is coming across? Why? Are there othe...
- Joseph-Mary said Glad to hear this. A much better than the “...
- JesusFreak84 said If I were a Muslim terrorist, I’d be salivat...
My wish lists
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of They people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
How about Rome in October?
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- 22 July: St. Mary Magdalene (and homonymous cookies!)
- Many illegal aliens flooding across border have criminal records
- Fed Court rules Obamacare subsidies ILLEGAL in 36 states!
- Pope Francis prays for success of initiative to convert Anglicans
- World War I – 100 years out
- ISIS targeting Christians: “The West must step in now… or we will be wiped out.”
- Ex ore infantium… perfecisti laudem!
- “Forward!” he cried, showing them the crucifix, “Victory is ours.” – St. Lawrence of Brindisi
- When the priest confessor doesn’t use the proper Form of Absolution. Wherein Fr. Z advises.
- “the very essence of our republic and our reason are being overturned in the public order”
- Bp. Matano (D. Rochester) ends decades illicit practice of “lay preaching”
- Divide et impera: KGB influence on Middle East violence
- What Did the Imam Really Say? Revisited
- Fishwrap: less than enthusiastic about new ITC document on “sensus fidei”.
- Ecumenical consequences of C of E decision on women bishops (aka “wyshyps”)
- WDTPRS 16th Ordinary Sunday: The Enemy is seeking you!
- BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPERS REPORT 1
- REVIEW: Movie “Persecuted”
- Malaysian Airlines 17, Death and You
- VIDEO Aurora: just… wow
- Are you Middle Aged yet?
- “Thanks for your blog. It saved this seminarian from a particularly mortifying purification.”
- Compare and contrast: VIDEO – 1983 Pres. Reagan about Korean Air 007
- “Are you still there? Did I do something wrong? I need to know…”
- Voice of America on Holy Innocents in Manhattan: a vibrant Catholic community
- UPDATE: 2013 Scalfari Interview now BACK on the Vatican website. Why?
- Great article in FIRST THINGS: Correcting Catholic Blindness. ACTION ITEM!
- 30 A.D. INTERVIEW OF SCALFARIUS WITH JESUS OF NAZARETH
- Thom Peters: Progress 1 year after his life-changing accident
- Pew by Pew: a lesson Christian identity suicide
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
I just bought some candy bars for the chancery staff. Sweeten up someone’s day!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
I use these great cards when I travel
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Tag Archives: Fr. Finigan
His Hermeneuticalness, Fr. Tim Finigan, has a great insight, by means of a reductio ad absurdum:
I am heartily sick of the protest “I don’t go to Mass because my parents forced me to go when I was young.” OK Son, … Continue reading
His Hermeneuticalness, Fr. Finigan and the great PP of Brighton, Fr. Blake, share their views of the Papal Mass in Glasgow today.
Be sure to visit their fine blogs.
Some comments from Fr. Finigan about the Mass today:
Liturgically, the Mass at Bellahouston … Continue reading
From His Hermeuenticalness. I think we should consider this.
Having just worked out what #followfriday is on Twitter (and indeed having posted my first #FF tweet) I thought it would be good to have an hashtag for an "Anathema Saturday" … Continue reading
Times have changed,And we’ve often rewound the clock,Since the Puritans got a shock,When they landed on Plymouth Rock.If today,Any shock they should try to stem,‘Stead of landing on Plymouth Rock,Plymouth Rock would land on them.
In olden days a glimpse of … Continue reading
At the beginning of July, a month dedicated in a special way to devotion to the Most Precious Blood of the Lord, I give you in the PODCAzT a short reflection on the Blood of the Lord, what happens at … Continue reading
In this PODCAzT we will drill into the Collect designated for the Memorial of soon-to-be Blessed John Henry Newman (+1890).
I have as a surprise, a guest appearance by Fr. Timothy Finigan, who will read one of Newman’s famous works.
We drill … Continue reading
My friend His Hermeneuticalness has hit for six.
Here is a sample. But definitely go over to his place and spike his stats even while reading the rest of this excellent entry.
My emphases and comments:
Judge not, that you may … Continue reading
Richard Dawkins is closing in on "punch line" status.
My friend the great pastor of Blackfen, His Hermeneuticalness has an excellent comment about Dawkin’s latest attack.
Damian Thompson today has a quotation from Richard … Continue reading
I am glad to post that the UK’s best Catholic weekly, The Catholic Herald, has posted a brief piece about priest bloggers.
What makes this article so congenial is that it talks about my good friend Fr. Tim Finigan, whose … Continue reading