Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!Enter Amazon through my link, the image below (they took away our search box!), and I will get a small percentage of what you spend. (Pssst - Can't see it? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
Here's a generic "catholic" search start point for Amazon:
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- TonyO: Awwww, ya just gotta love that look with one ear up and one ear down… ;.Barf. Ok, no, you don’ t. Even if one can imagine, as a deacon, thinking the thought ” I could go out...
- Orlando: This reminds me of a certain deacon in my former home parish (since switched to another parish that offers the TLM) that used to rap the homily to better “ connect” with the congregati on....
- WVC: Fr. Z (and others) – were you irritated / annoyed / bothered by the opening “pra yer” at the rally? Orthodox Metropolit an Tikhon offered something that seemed heretic...
- WVC: I will respectful ly write to the Holy Father, as requested, but does anyone know how to send something to Cardinal Burke? I wanted to send notes of encouragem ent to both Cardinal Burke and...
- benedetta: And there in the window behind him, Our Lady weeps.
- Grant M: We need dogma and we get dog masks. The dog lives loudly within this guy…
- Danteewoo: Been to thousands of Novus Ordo Masses over fifty years or so. Can’ t think of one that didn’ ;t leave me a little cold and distracted . Almost impossible to pray at it,...
- TonyO: The Novus Ordo forces. That, Father, is priceless. Thank you. The worst innovators of the Novus Ordo take oganically grown symbols of mystery away to denude the sanctuary and the ceremo...
- Neal: “Surely a man resolved as Pope Francis is to do what is right for mankind, was ill-served by those who counseled him on what to say in addressing a joint session of Congress.“ So, when Fr....
- Joy65: Remember this from a couple of years ago: https://ww w.westernj ournalism. com/church -receiving -criticism -seahawks- display-al tar-super- bowl/ Our Lord must be SO offended because even...
- Joy65: THANK YOU Father Z.
- Charles E Flynn: Right up there with what I had to endure in college, a woman reading from “Win nie the Pooh” ; replacing a priest reading from Matthew, Mark, Luke, or John. The priest,...
- Sawyer: Domini canis? This stunt would be utterly unthinkabl e in the Extraordin ary Form. That’ ;s not to say that the OF is intrinsica lly awful; just that there is something about the OF...
- JARay: This lunacy betokens lack of training, lack of appreciati on of the dignity required of public service, lack of respect for the Blessed Sacrament and sheer lack of common sense. And yes, I...
- MichaeltDoyle: Why is the Sanctuary holy? What does the Sanctuary hearken back to in the Old Testament? How does the presence of the Eucharist in the tabernacle change how I should act? Why is a...
- AA Cunningham: I hope that His Excellency Archbishop Chaput will give Deacon Anthony Dilenno a swift kick in the backside on his way out of the chancery and the opportunit y to find a vocation more...
- richiedel: In addition to being sacrilegio us, thoughts which would stick out in my mind even more would be: 1) Boy, this deacon sure likes to draw attention to himself. – OR – 2)...
- Mike: Thank you for the Nope Meter. I needed that on this fairly tense day.
- acardnal: “Sav e the liturgy, save the world.R 21; – Our Gracious Host
- deaconjeff: As a Permanent Deacon at a different Saint Rose of Lima, words cannot even begin to express how wrong this is, or how embarrasse d I am for this Deacon and Permanent Deacons as a whole....
- Benedict Joseph: Baffoonery is a desperate attempt for personal relevancy. It is endemic in ecclesiast ical circles from the top down, on daily display. Do good and disappear. Gravitas!
- LarryW2LJ: i would have gotten up and walked out as soon as I saw that.
- Dan: I recently heard a silence request from some people in my parish. They felt the organ playing after Mass was too loud, because they couldnR 17;t visit with their friends in the nave very...
- scrchristensen: Thank you very much for for sharing Fr. RutlerR 17;s article and for your own comments Fr. Z! This came at a very needed time for me. Question: I have been meaning to study...
- bushboar: Archbishop Chaput is one of the good guys. I have no doubt that he will address this properly.
CLICK and say your daily offering!
- Hitchens: We were told not to worry.
- Card. Burke speaks up
- #OafForADay – Deacon in vestments and a dog mask
- We Are Our Rites! Wherein Fr. Z rants after reading Peter Kwasniewski
- Rutler writes about “men with chests”. The “impossible dream”?
- The Pope wants to hear from you. No. Really. He wants the “sensus fidelium”.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- From a priest: an interesting experience saying Mass
- OLDIE PODCAzT 127: The Eve of St. Agnes and a Bleak Midwinter
- My View For A While: Counter March
- #March4Life numbers and Pres. Trump’s words
- DC March for Life 2018 – DAY 2: Forward MARCH!
- DC March for Life 2018 – DAY 1: Paintings and plots
- Canonist Ed Peters on the Papal mid-air airplane nuptials
- The Pope marries a couple on the papal airplane. Hmmm.
- Big Business Is WATCHING!
- My View For Awhile: March For Life 2018 Edition
- “The Triumph of Marcantonio Colonna” described
- ASK FATHER: Would anything prevent a priest from always using the traditional formula of absolution?
- 2 Feb – MADISON – Candlemas – Pontifical Mass at the Throne
- Card. Müller on authority of Popes, possibility of others correcting contradictory papal teachings
- ASK FATHER: If I remember a sin after confessing, should I interrupt the priest and tell him?
- Slithery misdirection from the National Sodomitical Reporter: Bishops who avoid scandal commit scandal
- An Armenian bishop “ordains” a deaconette
- Two seriously ugly signs of the times involving papal honors and the silencing of bells
- BOOK RECEIVED about Martin Luther (not King but by “King”)
- ASK FATHER: How do I find out which territorial parish I live in?
- Who cares what libs think? Boldly recover and use great traditional items and vesture of yore.
- ASK FATHER: If I confess to watching porn, must I say it was homosexual porn?
- ACTION ITEM! Petition against removal of historic Cross where Fr. Marquette died
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
A book by an old friend…
Tag Archives: Fr. Thomas Rosica
In the last couple of days I’ve discovered that I’ve been blocked on Twitter by Fr. Thomas Rosica (@FatherRosica) and by Massimo “Beans” Faggioli (@massimofaggioli).
I am not sure why I clicked on a tweet reference to Rosica, since I can’t … Continue reading
You have probably seen commentaries on the recent book of homosexualist activist Jesuit Fr. James Martin concerned with “building bridges” between the Church and homosexuals.
It might help to put some of the major players into a single post.
Martin’s basic notion … Continue reading
1726 GMT: I just saw Card. Napier live on EWTN who had come directly from the Synod Hall.
He made a bit of a correction to his own correction/addition of Fr Rosica. Be sure to pay attention to this.
ORIGINAL Published on: Oct … Continue reading
You must read this from Edward Pentin (HERE). He gives a somewhat more useful roundup of things discussed in the Synod than the presser provided.
Also, Pentin shows how some can… skew the report of what was discussed.
Sample with my emphases:
Questions … Continue reading
Over at CWR there is an interesting summary of the interchange between the blogger of Vox Cantoris and Basilian Fr. Thomas Rosica, head of Canadian based Salt and Light and who does some side work for the Holy See Press … Continue reading
There is a piece at Brietbart by Austin Ruse (who runs C-FAM) about how Canadian Fr. Thomas Rosica, who does a lot of work with the Holy See Press Office, has threatened to sue a Canadian blogger. My emphases:
VATICAN SPOKESMAN … Continue reading
Life Site has a piece about Salt and Light network’s verbal attack on Card. Burke. HERE
As you may know, Fr. Thomas Rosica, who did some work for the Holy See Press Office during the Synod of Bishops, heads up Salt … Continue reading