Not to be missed…
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- iamlucky13: Father talked about the Jewish hope in the resurrecti on, coupled with the doubt that would have naturally been felt that it could be a realistic promise. Then they had renewed hope...
- Maximilian75: I noticed the same thing @Karl Keating noticed. FNC leans more Evangelica l, that may be why… Still, at least they were willing to have the good Reverend Father on, as opposed...
- MissBee: Happened to me with diaper cream once. Got as far as putting it on the toothbrush .
- Karl Keating: I guess all these Fox News commentato rs must be Catholic. They all referred to their guest as “Rev erend̶ 1; rather than as “Fat her.” ;
- JeffC64: This is precisely why I only purchase shave creams or soaps that come in a tub for use with my brush. LOL
- Josephus Corvus: Here’ ;s hoping you were being observant and not just serving as a warning to others. Have a blessed Easter, Father!
- Lurker 59: Indeed! My favorite, and too often repeated autopilot oops, is cracking my eggs right into the garbage disposal.
- GrumpyYoungMan: I’m with you – I reckon Beefeater could work in a pinch, but something more aromatic seems appropriat e. Maybe St. George Botanivore . Happy Easter, Father!
- Rob83: The point that stood out was noting that we’d just been encouraged through Lent to give things up, pray, give alms and do works of charity, and go to confession , with the idea that...
- Spinmamma: Our younger priest sang the Exultet last night. He sang it so sweetly and with such meaning it swept us away. He also has a lovely tenor voice. So beautiful.
- HvonBlumenthal: I cannot comment on Cardinal Burke’s sermon this morning as I do not speak Italian, but the almost papal applause of the crowd outside St Gaetano in Florence was worth thousands of...
- Spinmamma: A priest who used the microphone he has been given to spread the actual gospel with gentleness and intelligen ce. Amen.
- CanukFrank: Happy, glorious Easter! Thank you, Fr. Z, for these podcasts. (Hopefully , I’ll be in a position to donate one of these days).
- SanSan: Amen Amen! Alleluia Alleluia!! ! HE IS RISEN! One of my best Lents Ever. Thank you Jesus! Happy Easter Fr. Z and all who come here.
- Henry Edwards: APX: “Someone on another blog said that in the pre-1955 Easter Vigil, the Paschal candle isn’t blessed outside like it is in the reformed rite and the newer rite, but rather the...
- acardnal: Christ is risen! He has risen indeed!
- JustaSinner: Can Mass still be offered in the Notre Dame Cathedral in a state of burned distress?
- Lurker 59: Happy Easter, Fr. Z. Thank you for seeing us through Lent to Easter morning.
- Semper Gumby: Thank you Fr. Z, and a Happy Easter to all.
- Mariana2: Thanks, Father! Happy Easter, Glad Påsk! Fulton Sheen on exchange 8230;yeste rday I read in In Sinu Jesu “Eve ry sin given to Me disappears , and in exchange for every sin given...
- Clinton R.: Happy Easter, Father. Thank you so much for these podcasts. They have been very informativ e, interestin g and have really been helpful to me in having my heart and mind on Christ and...
- catholiccomelately: The Exultet is the high point of the whole Christian year for me! It breathes the love and mercy and majesty and mystery and power of God at work in the Resurrecti on of His...
- KAS: All our honey bees are European. We use smoke not because it makes them drunk but because it triggers an instinctiv e response to smoke warning of a coming fire. The bees are so busy prepar...
- Kathleen10: That is delightful about the bees, it is super happy news, thank you for it. A blessed and happy easter to you and all, Fr. Z.
- pgs: A great version here: https://ww w.youtube. com/watch? v=nP_5YxIA V2E Seems to be a bit different – maybe his order has a slightly different version? [Great … if forget that you...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- It pays to be attentive, especially when you are really tired!
- Your Easter Sunday Sermon Notes
- VIDEO: Fr. Murray on bombings, Easter and our Catholic identity
- PASCHALCAzT 47 – Easter Sunday: Leave the shrouds in the tomb
- ACTION ITEM: Help for a traditional Catholic seminarian continues! – UPDATED… for EASTER!
- Benedict XVI on the Paschal Candle
- WDTPRS and AUDIO: The Exsultet – explained, translated, sung
- JUST TOO COOL: Fr. Z kudos to Our Lady’s Bees! They survived the fire #NDParis
- LENTCAzT 2019 46 – Holy Saturday: The Harrowing of Hell
- POLL: Foot-washing on Holy Thursday where you are – ORDINARY FORM
- “Behold, I make all things new.”
- #GoodFriday and You: Prayers for Holy Souls in Purgatory and Plenary Indulgences
- STATIONS OF THE CROSS – Audio from Fr. Z
- Good Friday Reminder: Fasting, Abstaining, and You
- LENTCAzT 2019 45 – Good Friday: The ultimate pulpit
- TMSM: Holy Thursday Mass with the new vestments
- A good article in Crisis about France. Fr. Z adds a short rant.
- LENTCAzT 2019 44 – Holy Thursday: Sin is in the blood
- So a guy with gas cans walks into @StPatsNYC in Midtown Manhattan…
- ARRIVED: Tenebrae Hearse! And a successful bout with Zuhlsdorf’s Law
- PRAYERCAzT: What does the Latin Exorcism really sound like? FOR PRIESTS ONLY – UPDATED
- Fundraising idea for #NotreDame
- VIDEO: Interview with Fr. Jean-Marc Fournier
- WDTPRS – Spy Wednesday, the last Collect of Lent
- VIDEO: Interior of #NotreDame after the fire. WHEW!
- LENTCAzT 2019 43 – Wednesday of Holy Week: In a cataclysm, something must be salvaged.
- VIDEO – The last rite in #NotreDame was… this?
- About #NotreDame and the fire and the altar. Just sayin’…
- Fr. Z rants about #NotreDame fire and the Faith in the Church’s “eldest daughter”
- Inside burning #NotreDame a human chain saved relics, Blessed Sacrament. Fr. Jean-Marc Fournier – OORAH!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Tag Archives: Fr. Thomas Rosica
A long and disappointing read is available at CNA about Archbishop Francis Chullikatt the Holy See’s unfortunate former permanent observer to the UN , apparently a “nasty little man”. It’s hard to imagine – or maybe it isn’t – … Continue reading
After the 2018 Synod (“walking together”) proposed that some authority should vet Catholic websites for their acceptability, THIS pops up. Care to explain this, Fr Rosica? And, no, we won’t let you get away with claiming it’s not news because it … Continue reading
Some quick views of bits and pieces. First, Michael Cook is editor of MercatorNet. He offers is a piece that we should all just “chill out” over The Present Crisis. He manages to make a few decent points, but the … Continue reading
UPDATE 14 Aug 1355 UTC: The cat is out of the bag, but the chase is on. The quote, below, has been removed at ZENIT and replaced with ellipsis. But, for the moment at least, it is still at Rosica’s … Continue reading
In the last couple of days I’ve discovered that I’ve been blocked on Twitter by Fr. Thomas Rosica (@FatherRosica) and by Massimo “Beans” Faggioli (@massimofaggioli). I am not sure why I clicked on a tweet reference to Rosica, since I … Continue reading
You have probably seen commentaries on the recent book of homosexualist activist Jesuit Fr. James Martin concerned with “building bridges” between the Church and homosexuals. It might help to put some of the major players into a single post. Martin’s … Continue reading
1726 GMT: I just saw Card. Napier live on EWTN who had come directly from the Synod Hall. He made a bit of a correction to his own correction/addition of Fr Rosica. Be sure to pay attention to this. ____ … Continue reading
You must read this from Edward Pentin (HERE). He gives a somewhat more useful roundup of things discussed in the Synod than the presser provided. Also, Pentin shows how some can… skew the report of what was discussed. Sample with … Continue reading
Over at CWR there is an interesting summary of the interchange between the blogger of Vox Cantoris and Basilian Fr. Thomas Rosica, head of Canadian based Salt and Light and who does some side work for the Holy See Press … Continue reading
There is a piece at Brietbart by Austin Ruse (who runs C-FAM) about how Canadian Fr. Thomas Rosica, who does a lot of work with the Holy See Press Office, has threatened to sue a Canadian blogger. My emphases: VATICAN … Continue reading
Life Site has a piece about Salt and Light network’s verbal attack on Card. Burke. HERE As you may know, Fr. Thomas Rosica, who did some work for the Holy See Press Office during the Synod of Bishops, heads up … Continue reading