HAM RADIO W9FRZ STATUS
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
I had to change the way that people go to amazon to buy things because... you know... why make it easy?. So, just click the link below. Once you're in, you're good to shop.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- bibi1003: My bishop actively supports Fr. Martin and New Ways Ministry 8211;he speaks at their events. Yet he has never issued a public statement supporting the right to life. I find that incre...
- OrdinaryCatholic: Fr. Martin and those who think as he does cannot seriously be contemplat ing the the final judgment. What we see in Fr. Martin is what will become more and more prevalent in the...
- acardnal: That old radio is probably loaded with vacuum tubes (valves in England). I started my career in electronic s with tubes: diodes, triodes, tetrodes, pentodes with their filaments, cathod...
- acardnal: Seeing that old set-top radio caused my mind to think of Mussolini& #8217;s voice coming out of it.
- Kevin: No millstone deserves that fate!?
- Ms. M-S: Genesis 1: 26-28 Mark 10:7 Matthew 5:11 2 Timothy 4:3-4 I won’ t add the reference to the millstone around the neck, but I hope Fr. Martin has occasion to reflect upon it before...
- Gab: There is only one, holy, catholic and Apostolic Church which is the mystical body of Christ. Regardless of how we humans try to destroy it from within and without, the Church will remain the...
- Gab: The rose-gold, black and silver combinatio n will look stunning. And the blue/gold patterned done in a black/silv er will by outstandin g. Good choices, Father.
- TRW: What you say makes perfect sense, Fr. Fox.
- Charles E Flynn: This is what Father is avoiding by making use of his own cooking skills and his knowledge of local sources for ingredient s (admittedl y an extreme example): Outrage as restaur...
- AureEntuluva: Just exploring, sampling, and learning about all that cheese and charcuteri e could probably keep me occupied a while. And real Italian espresso! Although if it is true that Italian...
- Julia_Augusta: Thank you for posting food photos. It is indeed less expensive to cook for yourself, especially when there are so many different kinds of fresh vegetables in the market (did I see...
- Charivari Rob: Charles E Flynn, around these parts (Boston) the plumbers 8217; union might have a priest – if not on the roll, at least as a chaplain. They do have some interestin g members...
- Diana: I think both sets are lovely!
- Kathleen10: How I would enjoy an exhibit of his works! I would love to see them in person, I’m sure the colors are incredible and he does put so much into each one. Even on a tiny compu...
- JamesA: Always good to see you back “hom e”, Father. My goal is to eventually see the Eternal City in some Pilgrimage with which you are associated . Thank you so much for the benefac...
- Semper Gumby: This topic raises two questions: Is patriotism virtuous? What about not only military service, but combat service? Fr. Z has a Podcazt on Patriotism and Fulton Sheen. Here is some of...
- carndt: Thank you for exposing your readers to Daniel Mitsubishi . I have two of his works in our home. St. Patrick and his 5 x 7 Virgin and Child. His research and knowledge regarding ancient...
- semperficatholic: I love the Novena!
- Fr_Sotelo: Hell knows not the fury of an ex-priest who is obsessed with the Church treating him as a jilted lover. What’ ;s next after abolishing the priesthood ? Abolish religious life?...
- Antiquorum: Both options look gorgeous! I’m partial towards the alternativ e set. Love the use of your arms on the chasuble. The church has such a wonderful heraldic tradition. I wish we...
- teomatteo: “ 230;but for me the moment is a life markerR 21;. More like a soul darker. I pray he finds his way back
- Charles E Flynn: First Things has an excellent rebuttal. Thou Art a Priest Forever, by Paul Mankowski, S.J.: https://ww w.firstthi ngs.com/we b-exclusiv es/2019/05 /thou-art- a-priest-f orever The...
- ChrisP: The problem is not that Carroll views the Church as an NGO, but that Pope Francis, Spadaro and so on and so forth do. Just look at the flumbustib le emissions they pronounced over Matteo...
- Charlotte Allen: Carroll is a sad sack with father issues. His father was an Air Force general highly placed in the Pentagon while his son was protesting the Vietnam War and doing the hippie-...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- Requests for GREGORIAN MASSES and PRIESTS who can say them
- Persecuted Fr. Kalchik responds to homosexualist Jesuit Martin
- Anniversary of a turning point in Christian history
- NEW FROM MITSUI! Our Lady Untier of Knots
- Stupid angry lib (I know, tautology) at The Atlantic against priesthood
- Rome Day 1-2: Views, fabrics and eats
- My View For Awhile: All Roads Edition
- WDTPRS – 4th Sunday after Easter (1962MR): The smoke of Satan
- WDTPRS – 5th Sunday of Easter: The prayer’s very word order reveals God’s love
- CQ CQ CQ Ham Radio Saturday: QSL Cards and some firsts
- VIDEO: Diaconate Ordination of the the Ordinariate of the Chair of St. Peter @CSPOrd
- Donations, PayPal, alternatives, and you
- Irish Ass. of Catholic Priests in toddler meltdown mode against Francis over no women deacons
- CQ CQ CQ Ham Radio Thursday: ZedNet, my first pile up, and remote from GITMO and… Vatican City?
- GERMANY: Pro-women’s ordination group: “We want to take Mary off her pedestal”
- What’s up at the southern border of these USA
- Lib liturgy positivists force people to stand after Communion
- Student ‘steals’ pro-life sign on camera, gets arrested, but she’s the victim!
- Benedict XVI’s recent essay is a subtle correction of Amoris laetitia ch. 8
- 15-18 July 2019: East Coast Priest Conference in Wheeling, WV – looks good!
- NEW BOOK from Martin Mosebach – Subversive Catholicism: Papacy, Liturgy, Church
- ASK FATHER: The TLM’s Orationes Diversae and Oratio Imperata
- Historic chasuble rediviva
- MULTIPLE CMEs ARE COMING – GEOMAGNETIC STORM UNDERWAY NOW
- The shortage of priests didn’t just happen by itself, it was engineered.
- 14 May – St. Paul, MN: Argument of the Month – SSPX
- Day 8-11 – NS Guantanamo Bay: Homeward, delayed and GITMO colors
- “Don’t bite the priest!”
- ASK FATHER: Lutheran service more reverent than the Sunday Mass
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
Tag Archives: Fr. Tim Finigan
UPDATE 3 April 2019: You can “Pound Fr. Finigan” by using this address/link: paypal.me/FatherTF And of course mine is paypal.me/fatherz UPDATE 29 March 2019: Click over to the great Fr. Finigan’s blog. His Hermeneuticalness has at last departed from his … Continue reading
From time to time I comment on the importance of memorization in our life of the Faith. Memorization was demonized by libs. The reason is obvious. Once a person memorizes something, it is his. It sticks in him, sometimes waiting years … Continue reading
My good friend Fr. Finigan, aka His Hermeneuticalness, has a doozy of a post today about admirable Jesuits, on this the feast of their founder, St. Ignatius. HERE He names some great Jesuits, many of whom I know and one of … Continue reading
Fr. de Souza responds to responses about “reconciliation” of newer and traditional Forms of the Roman Rite
UPDATE 26 July: Joseph Shaw of the LMS posted a response to Fr. de Souza’s response to us, who responded… etc. HERE ___ Originally Published on: Jul 25, 2017 @ 11:14 Some discussion about the “mutual enrichment” hoped for and promoted by Benedict … Continue reading
Sometimes I post “good news” posts. We all need good news for a change, right? One piece of good news gets special notice today. My good friend Fr. Tim Finigan, PP of Margate, is posting more often again at his exceptional … Continue reading
With delight I report that my good friend, His Hermeueticalness, Fr. Tim Finigan has taken up his electronic pen more regularly than before his heart problems knocked him down… slacker. Here’s a bit of his great offering about St. John Fisher, … Continue reading
This comes by way of intermediaries of the best sort. First, my friend Fr. Tim Finigan, His Hermeneuticalness, tweeted. He tweeted about a meeting of the wonderful Confraternity of Catholic Clergy in the UK, which had a meeting. That Confraternity had a … Continue reading
His Hermeneuticalness, my good friend Fr. Tim Finigan, has reposted his good Examen pamphlets. Perpend: Confession leaflets back online People quite often ask me for the confession leaflets that I published on the website of my previous parish. Fr Zuhlsdorf … Continue reading
It is great to see that His Hermeneuticalness is posting a bit more these days after the great health scare. Fr. Finigan visited the oldest church in the English speaking world. Very cool. The Church used by Queen Bertha and … Continue reading
I am often asked for a good Examination of Conscience resource, or Examen. Some time ago my good friend Fr. Tim Finigan, His Hermeneuticalness, had posted on the website of his former parish 3 good PDFS for a small trifold … Continue reading
Here is your HHH UPDATE for Day 10 of… HEART WATCH! Fr. Finigan is in the hospital after a “Minor Cardiac Episode.” So, far, he has been freed from THE MINDRAY, and has dealt with THE PROTOCAL. I think he might now be struggling with … Continue reading
Here is your HHH UPDATE for Day 5 of… HEART WATCH! Fr. Finigan is in the hospital after a “Minor Cardiac Episode.” I had a note from Father, liberated from THE MINDRAY, saying that he is now dealing with something else… … Continue reading
The traditional Roman Ritual has wonderful blessings for all sorts of things we use in our daily life, things and places not designated specifically for sacred purposes. For example, you can get your grapes blessed, along with your airplanes, mountain climbing … Continue reading