"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Lisieux said But Father, but Father… don’t you real...
- Traductora said I’m not sure having this Pope become even mo...
- Choirgirl said It didn’t bother me much when Pope Francis d...
- Maltese said I don’t know about tiaras, but certainly a l...
- danidunn said Er, beatified. Of course, Pope Paul VI hasn’...
- danidunn said To me, the term do-gooder has taken on a new, less...
- Elizabeth D said 30, rather.
- Elizabeth D said Fr. Vincent Fitzpatrick, I do not know what you ar...
- Syria: 17-year-old Christian Boy Crucified - BigPulpit.com said [...] Pope Francis – David L. Gray Slow Down...
- shallowsea said Ben Kenobi and SimonR, so sorry for your lack of...
- Bonomo said This is a shock! Does anyone know how she passed...
- KateD said Re: not being able to take pictures…didnR...
- donato2 said Francis may have gained a deeper appreciation of t...
- Suburbanbanshee said The basic problem here is that people are mistakin...
- Cradle Catholic said I also thought it was a joke… renting out th...
- Suburbanbanshee said If you want your sedia gestatoria, you will have t...
- Suburbanbanshee said My Girl Scout council once had a “camp-in...
- Ben Kenobi said As with any marriage it takes two. I remain unconv...
- The Cobbler said Rob22, setting aside your broader question for a m...
- marcelus said Those were excellent thoughts Padre. Will you see...
- Jackie L said I think this may go in the other direction, often...
- xgenerationcatholic said I’d like to agree with you all, but I think...
- Mojoron said I hope you have better internet in Rome than did I...
- The Ubiquitous said It is good to see you again, Mr. The Chicken! Long...
- Tina in Ashburn said Looking forward to updates on this! Wishing you an...
- Charliebird said yes, HeatherPA I thought…”it isn’...
- Cantor said Perhaps, Father, you might gather “a stable...
- acardnal said I think that you may be right with regard to the S...
- Atra Dicenda, Rubra Agenda said But Father, but Father! You just want to do away w...
- Theodore said Good cop didn’t work, we’ll probably b...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Pope Francis, Pope
- Sistine Chapel “rented” out to Porsche?
- Helen Hull Hitchcock – RIP
- ROMA – Day 1: Hitting the ground running
- Card. Kasper invokes journalist war against another Cardinal?
- My View For Awhile: Midtown Tunnel Edition
- Extraordinary Synod on Family is, thanks be to God, over.
- VIDEO: Stop this and watch this
- ASK FATHER: Prayer for the Holy Father’s intention?
- NYC Day 2: Benedict Edition
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- WDTPRS Collect 19th Sunday after Pentecost- “Why did God make you?”
- Wherein Card. Burke is compared to Archbp. Lefebvre
- WDTPRS 29th Ordinary Sunday: “bear with me” – glory and pregnancy
- Pope Francis’ final address to the Synod as it closes
- NYC Day 1: Pastrami Edition
- Hell’s Bible’s editorial on the Synod
- Views on the Synod right now
- What Card. Burke really said to BuzzFeed
- ASK FATHER: Lay people purifying vessels at Mass
- Card Sarah of Africa on Synod
- ASK FATHER: Can’t get real baptism certificate! Wedding in six weeks!
- My View For Awhile: Manhattan Edition
- 16 Oct 1978 – St. John Paul elected Pope
- VIDEO: Card. Pell speaks on a ‘secular agenda’, the Relatio, the “stalking horse”
- Reports of Circuli Minores now available on Vatican website
- What’s the liberals’ next move?
- The Robber Synod!
- ¡Hagan lío! Synod Bishops revolt against leadership and get their way – UPDATE!
- VIDEO: Holy League – Trailer
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity
New Christmas Music CD from the only Catholic Boys Choir School in these USA!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Tag Archives: freedom of religion
This is by Zac Morgan, a staff attorney at the Center for Competitive Politics writing at NRO. My emphases and comments.
Does Religious Speech Threaten Democracy?
It could be restricted or banned under a constitutional amendment Democrats have proposed.
The Senate Judiciary Committee yesterday … Continue reading
I had heard a story about the Naturalization Test legal immigrants (always welcome) take for citizenship in these USA. I tried a self-test at the .gov site.
I saw this:
One of these, freedom of “worship” or freedom of “religion” is fine. The … Continue reading
From the Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception in the Diocese of Tyler, comes this sermon from Fr. Anthony McLaughlin.
He nails it.
He sets up the context, lays out many examples of how the Obama Administration has been undermining freedom, and then … Continue reading
In light of the current circumstances we face as Catholics, as people of all faiths, and as American citizens, this is excerpted from the Good Friday intercession prayers in the Ordinary Form:
IX. For those in public office
Let us pray also … Continue reading
USCCB reaction to Obama Administrations war on freedom of religion.
U.S. BISHOPS VOW TO FIGHT HHS EDICT
Fri, 20 Jan 2012 19:57:45 +0000
DATE: January 20, 2012
FROM: … Continue reading
Archbp. Nienstedt: “A serious threat to religious freedom… radical secularism at its epitome” – ACTION ITEM!
There is an ACTION ITEM below. I also call on bloggers who are reading this to pick it up.
From His Excellency Most Rev. John Nienstedt, Archbishop of St. Paul and Minneapolis in The Catholic Spirit. My emphases and comments:
A serious … Continue reading