Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Cantor said Sadly, the hijacking His Excellency mentions comes...
- JesusFreak84 said I recently lost a friend, 30, to cancer, and all I...
- Alanmac said “If the Catholic church follows this line, t...
- Gerard Plourde said @ Dialogos, I agree fully with what you say. IR...
- amsjj1002 said In my neck of the woods, we said GARRR! Maybe it&...
- Fr. Bryan said Fr. Z said: “Right now I have a sense of gr...
- JesusFreak84 said How the LCWR is part of the Church and they’...
- acardnal said Great video!
- TomG said Is Cardinal Burke’s position (on the “...
- Robbie said Stranger things could happen, but I doubt Rome and...
- Bob B. said “So, I continue to hope for the reconciliati...
- Dialogos said First let me stipulate my thoughts on our current...
- William Tighe said There is no reliable evidence that Prince Henry, t...
- anna 6 said This is good news from Cardinal Burke, however we...
- Sonshine135 said This is a societal issue that stems from a hardcor...
- Vecchio di Londra said Good to hear Cardinal Burke: such sound common sen...
- mamajen said Where have I heard that before? Oh, yes: http://wd...
- Marissa said (Nor did Henry endure “extreme pressure” to marry...
- Atra Dicenda, Rubra Agenda said I love Cardinal Burke. I agree with Cardinal Burke...
- HighMass said Two Men (One a Cardinal/One the Pope Emeritus) who...
- Belgian Catholic said It seems that Card. Burke is ready to lose everyti...
- Stephen McMullen said This is what I LOVE about Cdl Burke (and Pope Emer...
- marcelus said https://www.facebook.com/misatradicionalarg?fref=t...
- LarryW2LJ said I have to agree with Cardinal Burke, either that,...
- Thorfinn said Even Vincent Cardinal Nichols is skeptical of Card...
- JesusFreak84 said The Vader one actually fits, at least if you’...
- William Tighe said “Can someone argue against Henry VIII’s annu...
- Imrahil said in the sixth paragraph: which takes much time and...
- Imrahil said Dear YoungLatinMassGuy, I totally disagree with wh...
- acardnal said Cardinal Raymond Burke, a contributor to this book...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- OKLAHOMA CITY: Reparation, adoration of Christ VICTOR after sacrilege, blasphemy, evil
- SSPX officials met with Card. Müller, Prefect of CDF
- Card. Burke: “It simply makes no sense to talk about mercy which doesn’t respect truth.”
- BOOK: Remaining in the Truth of Christ: Marriage and Communion in the Catholic Church
- These days, this is what I feel is being done to our Church.
- Wherein Fr. Z rants
- We are at your planet’s tipping point!
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- Talk Like A Pirate Day – FOOT NOTE
- WDTPRS 25th Ordinary Sunday: Do you have unfinished business?
- “Be Thou King of all those who are still involved in the darkness of idolatry or of Islamism….”
- PSA: Talk Like A Pirate Day
- The blood of San Gennaro liquefied!
- Irish bishop caves under pressure, won’t ordain only male deacons
- ¡Hagan lío! TLM now more than ever!
- Up and away! St. Joseph of Cupertino
- RECENT NOTES and THANKS TO READERS
- HAM RADIO stuff again: Echolink QSL request by RADIOGRAM.
- Card. Kasper accused other Cardinals of attacking the Pope
- Synods and Sausage: having a Church isn’t for the squeamish
- ASK FATHER: Is it wrong to use Holy Water to bless my unbaptized children?
- Where are the September Ember Days? (And some other fascinating stuff!)
- “There are not a series of rules made up by the Church; they constitute divine law, and the Church cannot change them.”
- Emergency Contact, Medical Information and YOU!
- St. Robert Bellarmine
- UPDATED ACTION ITEM! 20% off Book in defense of marriage, tradition – Essay Titles!
- The possible demotion of Card. Burke. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Fishwrap: Approve of “gay” sex or risk a shrinking, irrelevant Church.
- San Francisco: Pontifical Mass!
- ASK FATHER: What time of day should Father be saying his Office?
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Tag Archives: funerals
From a reader…
Can a Catholic who is divorced and remarried without an annulment receive a Catholic Christian burial?
Can. 1184 lists – exhaustively – those Catholics who may be deprived of a Church funeral:
Can. 1184 §1. Unless they gave some signs … Continue reading
A tip of the biretta to Pewsitter for this piece from the Worcester Telegram:
Bishop McManus worried that some omit funeral Masses
WORCESTER — Bishop Robert J. McManus is expressing concern that Central Massachusetts Roman Catholics are not scheduling funeral Masses for … Continue reading
Sermons for the older form, Extraordinary Form, Requiem Mass are to be pronounced only with the permission of the local bishop and are to be delivered after Mass concludes, while wearing no vestments.
There is a lot of wisdom in this, … Continue reading
From a reader:
Father if the Boston bomber was catholic could the church refuse to give him a funeral or burial in catholic cemetary under cannon law?
To the first question: Yes, the Church could refuse him a funeral.
We read in the … Continue reading
From a reader:
My grandmother recently died. She was a Lutheran, but we, her descendents, are Catholic. Who, then, should do the burial? A Lutheran minister, or our Catholic priest? Thank you, and please pray for her soul.
Canon 1183.3 states,
“In the … Continue reading
From a reader:
Is it right for a pastor to refuse a family’s request for a certain priest to say the funeral mass of a loved one?
There is no way to answer your question, given the lack of additional information … Continue reading
From a reader:
Is it wrong if not in fact sinful to attend the weddings and funerals
of non-Catholics? For as Pope Pius XI stated in his encyclical
treating on Christian unity, Catholics are never to participate in
schismatic or heretical congregations. I would … Continue reading
UPDATE 23 March 20:19 GMT:
From the questioner:
Father, I just wanted to thank you for your response to my question. I wanted to follow-up with you about the funeral.
The vigil and the funeral went beautifully. The priest did not make the … Continue reading