HAM RADIO W9FRZ STATUS
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
I had to change the way that people go to amazon to buy things because... you know... why make it easy?. So, just click the link below. Once you're in, you're good to shop.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
Fr. Z’s Blog is a Founding Member of…
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Chris Garton-Zavesky: About the “nol i me tangere 221;: since I began praying Matins regularly, I’ve been struck by that text in Ps. 104: “nol i tangere christos meos” ;....
- acardnal: Comment in moderation queue.
- rally1042: Thank you Father. Would not have known otherwise. Done!
- Mr. Graves: The best line in SkojecR 17;s whole piece is, ultimately , a comfort to the orthodox who are being marginaliz ed and persecuted in this era: “Men of Faggioli’s transit...
- Athelstan: “He was fired from a Catholic periodical that survives by playing it safe, because he wouldn’t play it safe.” No: Unfortunat ely, Mark was fired by the Register for his pattern of...
- Athelstan: At his best, he can serve to keep more politicall y conservati ve Catholics honest, for example on capital punishment . Mark’ ;s abusive treatment of Edward Feser and others who...
- CaliCatholicGuy: OF mass at 1700 today – “youth” mass with a worship band of baby boomers mostly, and a congregati on of 3/4ths boomers or older. Father spoke of the need to be balance...
- Kennedy: It’s lovely to read Maureen M’s comment about a priest from Nairobi, while I was at Mass in Nairobi and an Italian missionary , for whom I have great affection and admiration ,...
- DJAR: Our parish priest gave an excellent sermon on the mystery of Repentance . He specifical ly mentioned that, if so many people are receiving Holy Communion regularly, they should also be...
- Maureen M: We had a priest from Nairobi today giving a missionary appeal. He began his homily by asking all of us why we come to Mass each week. After touching on many different reasons people...
- TRW: Ordinary Form. Diocesan Mass. Reading about Martha and Mary. Father spoke about the need to find time for silence/ prayer/con templation . Basically explained that it wasn’ ;t an option.
- Discerning Altar Boy: In a world so focused on talking and sending output, we need to learn to listen. Like Mary, we should take time in the quiet moments to listen to the voice of the Lord.
- Mike: If they weren’t suppressed , John Carroll would not have come back to Maryland colonies and in 1789 founded Georgetown University . Oh, wait.
- Gab: TonyO, you’ re quite right. They will start with diaconate ordination s and then, of course, having accomplish ed that would push it further until female “pri ests” ; seem the...
- tzabiega: In Poland, there is a conference being planned on bioethics that is completely orthodox and is being organized by…t he Polish Jesuit Province, who in Poland are one of the leading...
- Uxixu: … celebrate the TLM and Latin 1962 Divine Office *Exclusive ly*
- Uxixu: While the initial suppressio n appears to be unjust, I do fear their structure has problems inherent to it if the leadership should become corrupted (as it undoubtedl y is). That said, would...
- TonyO: Whatever doubt there is legitimate ly with regard to the reason the Jesuits were suppressed in 1773, there can be no doubt that they have deserved suppressio n, lo for 4 decades and more in...
- Fuerza: Today̵ 7;s homily was a little unusual for me. I attended Mass at our diocesan cathedral, where I don’ t typically go. The homily was literally three sentences, and because of the...
- Semper Gumby: Suburbanba nshee: Yep, those Rent-A-Mob s do exist. Supporters of these mobs have set up “wed ding registries ” on the Amazon dot com to provide support.
- iPadre: EF: Pentecost Season is time to strengthen and protect the gift of our Baptism. We were bound to hell, but God in His loving mercy swooped down like a mother bird to return us to the nest...
- Semper Gumby: Thanks for this WDTPRS Fr. Z. Tooksam: Good point. Fr. Jim B: Well said Father, the lack of material and support from superiors does happen sometimes. Another problem is the venom...
- Semper Gumby: Kathleen10 : Good point. For those people it’s very personal- it’s all About Wonderful Me. According to news reports (even from Lib media) some have sought profession al...
- Gregg the Obscure: Father mentioned that some people have complained to him that Mass is boring. This has been a recurring theme in recent months, so i’m guessing he’s heard it a few...
- adriennep: This reminds me of The Lord of the World end-times novel by Robert Hugh Benson in which the last Pope has every remaining persecuted Catholic speak Latin. It acts as code language. So...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- VIDEO which could help some participate more fully at the Traditional Latin Mass (and probably Novus Ordo too)
- 22 July: Mary Magdalene – one tough cookie
- ACTION ITEM! I’m Fr. Z and I endorse this ad.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- FEAST DAY! 21 July 1773 – Clement XIV suppressed the Jesuits!
- WDTPRS – 16th Ordinary Sunday: Right now you are being hunted
- Mass texts for St. Elijah, Prophet – 20 July
- 20 July 1969 – Man on the Moon – 50 years ago
- Beans, beans, the musical fruit
- Pres. Trump running for Pope
- Building recruits for the New catholic Red Guards!
- New music from the London Oratory: Sacred Treasures of Spain!
- Toxic Masculinity and Sequels
- What a difference a day made
- ASK FATHER: Traditional “Supplied rites” after emergency or modern rite baptism
- Sick-Call Sets and You
- Day 2 – St. Paul Center Priesthood Conference
- 17 July 1794: “Mother, permission to die?”
- URGENT ACTION ITEM: Note from long-time reader who is dying
- 16 July 1969 – #Apollo11 and Our Lady of Mt Carmel
- Day 1 – St. Paul Center Priesthood Conference
- Mark Shea is sad because seminarians are Catholic
- Amazon Prime Day Discounts
- My View For Awhile: To the East and to priests
- Good VIDEO for people who aren’t familiar with the TLM or with our traditions
- ASK FATHER: Sex before Communion
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – GO TO CONFESSION! – VIDEO
- 13 July: St. Ezra (Esdras), Old Testament Prophet and some spectacular baroque musical weirdness
- SSPX video of their amazing new US church project.
- BOOK: In Praise of the Tridentine Mass and of Latin, Language of the Church
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
Tag Archives: Gerhard Ludwig Müller
I am reminded of years in the past when I would sometimes be challenged again and again for decisions I had made. I eventually would say, “I have two answers. There’s a short answer and a long answer.” “What’s the … Continue reading
Be sure to check out these important posts and podcasts: PODCAzT 169: Bp. Athanasius Schneider on “the only God-willed religion” PODCAzT 170: Card. Müller – Manifesto of Faith: “Let not your heart be troubled!” The second of those presents Gerhard … Continue reading
Gerhald Ludwig Card. Müller, former Prefect of the CDF, has issued a “Manifesto of Faith”. It has a title reference of “Let not your heart be troubled!” (John 14:1). You can get the text HERE. The idea clearly is that … Continue reading
LifeSite has a precis of Card. Müller’s interview with the German Catholic newspaper Die Tagespost. He talks about the state of the Church and of theology in that caput malorum, Germany. Scathing. Also, of great interest, were his comments on homosexuality: For … Continue reading
Last night, 4 October, both His Eminence Gerhard Ludwig Card. Müller and then His Excellency Robert C. Morlino were on The World Over with Raymond Arroyo. Here is the whole show.
Card. Müller: “the real danger to today’s humanity is the greenhouse gases of sin and the global warming of unbelief”
Was was alerted to an item in German. It seems that Gerhard Ludwig Card. Müller gave quite the sermon last Saturday in Rome for the ordination of Michael Sulzenbacher, SJM. The whole text in German is on kath.net Here are … Continue reading
LifeSite says: Pope dismissed Cdl Müller for following Church rules on abuse cases August 29, 2018 (LifeSiteNews) – A highly placed Vatican source told LifeSiteNews that Cardinal Gerhard Müller, together with his much-experienced three CDF priests, was dismissed by Pope … Continue reading
Back in December, First Things published a piece by the former Prefect of the CDF, Gerard Ludwig Card. Müller on the sacrament of penance. His observations on objective sin and subjective guilt, about knowledge, etc., are germane to a whole raft … Continue reading
Pope Benedict has written a longish letter to Card. Müller, once Prefect of the CDF and now… Card. Müller, on the occasion of his 70th birthday. The German text is HERE. The letter was written for a “Festschrift”, a commemorative … Continue reading
At the Italian site La Nuova Bussola Quotidiana there are two stories which merit attention. First, they report on the current kerfuffle stirred by the Left against Most Reverend Robert C. Morlino, Bishop of Madison. The Extraordinary Ordinary. HERE Here’s … Continue reading
Let me start with a great quote from what will follow… Amid today’s confusion, [… many people…] believe the Pope is infallible when he speaks privately, but then when the Popes throughout history have set forth the Catholic faith, they … Continue reading
Have you noticed that one side of the ongoing debates in the Church today want to close down dialogue and avoid having the arguments that are screaming to be had? By avoiding real debate – just as nature abhors a … Continue reading
“And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.” The case of the former Prefect of the CDF, Gerhard Ludwig … Continue reading
Originally Published on: Jul 1, 2017 There will be quite a few reaction to the change of Prefects at CDF. Hereunder I hope to catalog some of them for easy reference. Here is something predictably tasteless from the start: CDF … Continue reading
I bring to the attention of the readership a new book from Ignatius Press. It is clearly meant to hearken to the now-classic and still relevant Ratzinger Report published in 1985 (US HERE – UK HERE). Joseph Ratzinger was Prefect of the … Continue reading