HAM RADIO W9FRZ STATUS
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
I had to change the way that people go to amazon to buy things because... you know... why make it easy?. So, just click the link below. Once you're in, you're good to shop.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Gab: Dear Father Henry, in his 70s, was dousing away after Mass on Tuesday amid giggles from the children (and some adults), only for Father to stop mid-dousin g to say “Can you tell I̵...
- APX: According to the article in Crux, he stated that women has no place in the Church. If he made such an ignorant comment then he gets no sympathy from me.
- Augustine Thompson O.P.: It is not possible for something clearly declared to be immoral in Catholic theology according to the magisterum to be redefined as moral by anyone, including the pope....
- Lurker 59: Is the Catechism inerrant? No, and it shouldn 217;t be treated as such. What the Catechism is is a codex for teaching truths of the Faith, not something to be argued against, but not...
- mhumpher: Dear Father Z, I hope that you can help me understand this. I have asked apologists and bioethicis ts about this issue and none has given me an answer that makes sense to me. First, it is...
- JMody: Even before this change, the CCC language was disturbing . The Church USED TO SAY that the death penalty was extreme but permissibl e because it took away that most valuable thing, LIFE, as...
- JRP: If we had impeachmen t, this would be exhibit A: an intentiona l and formally propagated defecting of the faith for worldly ends. Sure, the Church will survive. Niebuhr, while wrong on many...
- Kathleen10: Laity secret revealed = we are disappoint ed and feel cheated when the sprinkle doesn̵ 7;t reach us
- ArthurH: A repeat to correct an error̵ 1; sorry. Fr. Z said: Finally, does this mean that the CCC is not, any longer, a sure reference work, as John Paul II, called it, for the Faith? No. It is...
- exNOAAman: God didn’ ;t say it was “adm issible. 8221; He commanded it. This “ina dmissible& #8221; thing is just another case of us holding a middle finger to the sky. “...
- excalibur: So you don’ t want to be a Bishop? Is that it? Anyway, more prayers.
- excalibur: Done just now.
- Kathleen10: If only we had the conviction of the Leftists. It’s no wonder young people end up as Democrats or socialists , the Left is brimming with confidence while we are apologizin g and...
- jaykay: Semper G: great article. I didn’ ;t know about St. TeresaR 17;s meeting with him. This sums it all up, I think: “Mot her Teresa went further: “You have suffered the passion of...
- Kerry: Why are there Nones? Gibberish like this: “The decision for Irarrázava l to resign ‘was the fruit of dialogue and joint discernmen t, in which Pope Francis valued the spirit of...
- The original Mr. X: Cupich claims that, when confronted with prominent Catholics who formally and actively cooperate in depriving innocent human beings of their right to life, his “primary respon...
- Kerry: In the movie about their lives, Cardinal Cupich will play Vice President Biden, and Biden, Cardinal Cupich. At Crisis Magazine, Father RutlerR 17;s take apart of Biden is his usual...
- arga: Is there anyone who believes that Cardinal Cupich is prolife? Or believes in the Real Presence? That’ ;s what’ ;s really going on. It’s certainly not that he’s interes...
- Benedict Joseph: You got it.
- byzantinesteve: Could someone please point me to one person, just a single politician in this entire country who, as a Catholic, previously voted in favor of abortion rights and later changed their...
- Gabriel Syme: I highly recommend the ‘Che rnobylR 17; series, I saw it recently. Most TV is utter dross, but every so often there is a gem like this. I read an online comment by someone...
- tho: For those who read history, the British Navy gave us an example of how to handle higher ranked people for derelictio n of duty. The case I am referring to is Admiral John Byng, his cowardi...
- chantgirl: Cupich will not withhold Communion from politician s who have voted for the execution of the unborn, but he has withheld Mass from those Catholics who wanted nothing other than to attend...
- TonyO: 5. Finally Cupich claims that “an elected official has to deal with the judgment seat of God” adding that God’s judgment will be “much more powerful” than any here on earth. In that regard...
- DebbieInCT: Praying!! God bless you Fr. Z, and all that is in your heart.
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- Thoughts about the change to CCC 2267 on the death penalty
- Chilean priest’s episcopal consecration axed because of some comments
- Canonist Ed Peters eviscerates bishops – one in particular – who won’t apply law
- USCCB meets. They talk about the “nones”. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- New “Chernobyl” TV show and the End Times
- A “Catholic Signal Corps” – Thinking about a Catholic digital future and this blog
- ASK FATHER: Traditional aspergillum or “whisk”?
- BOOKS RECEIVED: Antonio Socci on why Benedict is still Pope and Sam Gregg on the Struggle for Western Civilization
- ASK FATHER: Pipe organs, being expensive, how about manually pumped reed organs?
- ASK FATHER: Alb for a boy’s pretend “Mass” set?
- ASK FATHER: Marital relations after a tubal ligation 22 years ago out of fear of pregnancy
- On a painfully hopeful day, consolation arrives – new icon of Our Lady, Queen of the Clergy
- Wherein Fr. Z reads, rants and prays
- Chief of the Vichy Knights of Malta forbids the Extraordinary Form
- Your Good News
- Cardinals and Bishops issue a “Declaration of Truths” intended to “aid” the Supreme Pontiff
- Octave of Pentecost PODCAzTs
- Great concelebration photos during Chartres Pentecost Pilgrimage
- Your Pentecost Sunday Sermon Notes
- CQ CQ CQ Ham Radio Saturday: DXing and Vatican call sighting, and Vatican Radio LATIN news program
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- WDTPRS – Pentecost Sunday: Holy Church’s warp and weft hold true
- “Why should I send somebody in my place to be killed?”
- DAY 9 – Novena of Prayer to the Holy Spirit – AUDIO
- DAY 8 – Novena of Prayer to the Holy Spirit – AUDIO
- Bp. Paprocki bans pro-abortion politicians from Holy Communion
- NCRegister about D-Day Catholic chaplains
- Calling experts with WordPress
- DAY 7 – Novena of Prayer to the Holy Spirit – AUDIO
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
Tag Archives: GIRM
From a reader… I have a question about the GIRM. If I’m reading it correctly everything except from the Offertory through Communion Rite must be done from the chair, and the missal and chalice placed elsewhere except for those times. … Continue reading
From a reader… As an avid reader of your blog please first be assured of my prayers. I recently attended an Engaged Encounter weekend in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles and the priest who said Mass had the couples surround … Continue reading
From a reader… I recently attended a “school Mass” at a local Catholic school while I was substitute teaching for the day. I had the misfortune of happening upon a parish that uses about one extraordinary minister per member of the congregation. After … Continue reading
From a reader: As far as I understand it, in the OF you are required by the Roman Missal and the GIRM to say ONE collect (not adding another for a commemoration, like in EF). But, on Feb 3 this year, Msgr. … Continue reading
From a reader: #1: Some persons make the Sign of the Cross when the priest closes the Act of Penitence (‘May Almighty God have mercy on us . . . ‘), but this is not mentioned in the GIRM. Is … Continue reading
From a reader: Our new and much more traditional pastor joined us a few years ago, and within the first year he had the tabernacle moved behind the altar. (Which made me and many others very happy)I have observed the … Continue reading
In The Catholic Herald of the Diocese of Madison, where the great Bishop Robert Morlino exercises oversight, there is a great article on an issue we have addressed here many times: Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion giving blessings to non-communicants … Continue reading
US Catholic ‘s Bryan Cones became a little hysterical about Bp. Olmsted’s decision to apply the Church’s laws concerning Communion under both kinds in the Diocese of Phoenix. As I understand it, the 1975 edition of the Missale Romanum gave … Continue reading
You should be checking out The Chant Cafe with some regularity. I saw this over there. I thought it was apt, considering I have also lately seen a few posts out there in the blogosphere about proper attire in church. … Continue reading
My friend Jeffrey Tucker of the estimable The Chant Cafe has a fascinating post about changes in the noew, corrected translation of the Missale Romanum which will affect sacred music in our worship. Here is his piece, which I am … Continue reading
From the website of the newspaper the Catholic Herald of the Diocese of Madison, where H.E. Most Rev. Robert Morlino reigns, comes this piece about the manner of reception of Holy Communion. I must add, as the writer does not, … Continue reading
From a reader: I was introduced to Canon 838 and surrounding. My understanding is that the bishop is free to do whatever he wants liturgically provided that the Apostolic See has not decreed to the contrary. Of course, he is … Continue reading
From a reader: Our parish has always knelt for the Second Elevation (after the Agnus Dei). This is a regular Novus Ordo Mass. Our priest retired and now our new temporary priest has instructed us to remain standing. I want … Continue reading