Fr. Z’s Rome Trip Fund…CLICK TO SEND ME FAR AWAY!
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- Midwest St. Michael said “Michael is one of the nicest guys you’ll ev...
- dmreed said Ah come on Father, do you know how upset it makes...
- OBAMA’S WAR AGAINST CHRIST | PatriotsBillboard said [...] John Zuhlsdorf quoted the Observer’s article...
- robtbrown said The charbroiled oysters at Drago’s in Metair...
- Jim said “Michael is one of the nicest guys you’ll ev...
- Fr. Thomas Kocik said The Ordinary Form in its most recent edition (2002...
- John of Chicago said or “summary”–works both ways for
- SimonDodd said carolina publican says: “[I]t seems to me th...
- John Nolan said 18 June is also the anniversary of the Battle of W...
- CMartin said I found a TLM Mass in the Twin Cities! Every Sund...
- Suburbanbanshee said Here’s an interesting video presentation on...
- Life and Liturgy | While Away at Benedictine College said [...] Learn about the use of the vernacular in the...
- pelerin said Therese mentions a ‘liturgical change coming...
- Andrew said DECRETUM Paternas vices erga Jesum exercens, in oe...
- Imrahil said Dear @Tina-in-Ashburn, well, I did read the bull n...
- Supertradmum said oops take–glasses wrong!!!!prescription̷
- Supertradmum said Thanks, she decided to send in builders to fix it...
- Stephen Matthew said Even those things not especially apocalyptic or di...
- Stephen Matthew said Solemn Vespers in a Cathedral, (particularly joine...
- Stephen Matthew said I should rather not hear the readings, or any othe...
- VexillaRegis said Dear Supertradmum, I’m praying for you!
- Supertradmum said urgent..house I had to live in for six months is n...
- Charivari Rob said Thank you, PostCatholic – that made it easy...
- Therese said Thanks, Father G, for running that St. Joseph prop...
- Maltese said History is written by those who write history.
- Therese said “There’s a liturgical change coming up that...
- Del said My confession: I can tolerate guitar strumming, b...
- carolina publican said I am not a canon lawyer, or a civil one, though I...
- Douglas Kraeger said Please correct me if I am wrong in the following....
- PostCatholic said Nice letter from a Unitarian hero. There’s a...
Show public support!
Wyoming Catholic College!
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- Acton U 2013: Day 1
- “Better to die honorably in the field than ignominiously hang upon the gallows.”
- ACTION ITEM! ST. JOSEPH’s name NOW in Eucharistic Prayers II, III, IV
- “When ‘Guitar Masses’ became a chew toy between traditionalists and progressives
- Pres. Obama sticks his nose into Catholic education in IRELAND
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- What is your good news?
- QUAERITUR: Wouldn’t audible prayers in the Extraordinary Form be better?
- Request for Prayers
- WDTPRS 11th Ordinary Sunday: God begins and completes the meritorious things we do
- WDTPRS 4th Sunday after Pentecost – Our rebellious wills.
- Irish PM ‘c’atholic Enda Kenny – what a classy guy
- What is “lobby” all about in the Vatican “gay lobby” chatter going on?
- POLLS: Latin and/or Vernacular at Low Mass (TLM)
- Hunger Bones
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS and MASS for benefactors
- QUAERITUR: Vernacular only readings in traditional Low Mass?
- Different confessional practices/customs around the world
- CLERGY and CLERGY ON CALL Car Magnets
- Want a TLM in your parish? Here is how it was done in one place!
- QUAERITUR: Confessional etiquette
- Catholic League’s head: Pope Francis should expel Vatican’s ‘Gay Lobby’
- Human rights? Over-rated.
- Nancy Pelosi: late-term abortion “sacred ground”
- WISCONSIN: Legislation requiring ultrasounds
- Of Star Wars and Immanentism and Birdcages and Elite Snobbery. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Schadenfreude and Reform of the Roman Curia
- QUAERITUR: Distance of a priest’s valid consecration
- Document ready for close of Year of Faith
- Of Devils and Agencies and Metadata and You
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Grab and Go Food Kit… check it out!
You keep this blog going.
Tag Archives: Good Friday
Most of us here are bound by the Church’s law to fast and abstain today.
What’s your plan?
Technorati Tags: abstinence, fast, Good Friday
Today is Good Friday. Today’s podcast is a little longer, so that we can look at a few more dimensions of this special day.
We hear today about the ancient Roman Station and a great insight about it by Bl. John … Continue reading
When there is no Pope, priests and bishops have to pay attention during the Eucharistic Prayer to omit the name of the Pope.
I received a question today:
If we are still Sede Vacante on Good Friday, is the intercession … Continue reading
From a reader:
I had to tell you about what happened at our parish ___ this Good Friday. We had confessions on Good Friday for the first time that I can remember since coming here in the early 1990s. Not only … Continue reading
In light of the current circumstances we face as Catholics, as people of all faiths, and as American citizens, this is excerpted from the Good Friday intercession prayers in the Ordinary Form:
IX. For those in public office
Let us pray also … Continue reading
I will let you liturgical experts and interested dabblers provide this good reader with some help.
I may be missing something, but I can’t see much of a problem. You readers might see differently.
From a reader:
A question for you and your … Continue reading
Later today, I will participate in the Good Friday service in the Extraordinary Form. Thank you, Holy Father for Summorum Pontificum.
During the Good Friday service, there are many intercessory prayers. One of them is for the Jews. Over the decades, … Continue reading
Cruor has a precise meaning: “Blood (which flows from a wound), a stream of blood (more restricted in meaning than sanguis, which designates both that circulating in bodies and that shed by wounding).
Reminiscere miserationum tuarum, Domine,
et famulos tuos aeterna protectione … Continue reading
There are quite a few Major League Baseball games scheduled for tonight, but there is just one scheduled during the day at the time Good Friday services are on: 2:20 PM ET in Chicago: Dodgers at Cubs at Wrigley.
I honor … Continue reading
Each year one sees confusion about the Sacrament of Penance during the Triduum.
Some priests, liturgical experts, and even diocesan liturgy offices wrongly claim the rubrics of the Missal or “Sacramentary” forbid the sacrament of Penance.
However, this claim is incorrect.
Here is … Continue reading