When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- DisturbedMary said Catholic testosterone . Gotta love the directness...
- Nicholas said If I had an interest in journalism and did not kno...
- Nicholas said I am 17 and my mother and stepfather are not Catho...
- Prayerful said That sadly sounds like an extreme case of Novus Or...
- gaudiumcumpace said For many, the Truth is hard to hear. This new proj...
- Susan G said Wow! What a great idea! While I’ve seen some...
- Grumpy Beggar said I guess time will tell. Michael Voris isn’t...
- Tim Ferguson said Gerard Plourde, Actually, the motu proprio has the...
- Peg Demetris said I have been present for a few VERY confusing ̶...
- JuliaB said Seems like a good idea! Looks like a very well-equ...
- Marc M said I believe a proper Communion service without a pri...
- HeatherPA said I hope this was a “Communion Service”...
- Peg Demetris said Could it be that this was a Communion Service with...
- HeatherPA said Pray, pray, pray. And pray. As a mother of a daugh...
- Mariana2 said Thank you for these wonderful explanations!
- Mother said I LOVE Michael Voris!
- Wiktor said And I wanted to write about today’s Palm Sun...
- jacobi said I have heard Michael Voris teach simple clear Cath...
- yatzer said I think of him as rather like Jeremiah or John the...
- Kathleen10 said As far as I’m concerned the world has gone m...
- Sword40 said Most of the time Michael is “on the money...
- aquinas138 said Gerard Plourde – I’m afraid you lack i...
- alexandra88 said This story is…surreal. I echo Gerard Pleura...
- Elizabeth D said Are all those men really involved in Church Milita...
- Supertradmum said Excellent project, and if anyone wants to help a s...
- jhayes said Fr. Fox, here’s what Benedict said in his Mo...
- Elizabeth D said APX wrote: ““Do not be womanish, my sisters....
- Gerard Plourde said Not to sound snarky, but are you certain that the...
- DanielG said “There are more tears shed over answered pra...
- Gerard Plourde said It does seem that the revision by Pope Benedict me...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
An outstanding opportunity to get into Latin and New Testament Greek
For Easter: another ethereal music CD from the chart-topping nuns…
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- ASK FATHER: Abstinence from meat difficult when living in parents’ home
- “Pause” for a moment to see Michael Voris’ new project
- Religion of Peace in Nigeria – now beheading with chainsaws
- ASK FATHER: “Mass” with no Collect, readings, etc., but lots of made up stuff
- ASK FATHER: Son married in another church without a dispensation
- LENTCAzT 40: Palm Sunday, 2nd Passion Sunday
- Happy Birthday St. Teresa of Avila!
- LENTCAzT 39: Saturday of the 5th Week of Lent
- WDTPRS: Palm Sunday – The Transforming Example
- An especially virulent case of Burke Derangement Syndrome™
- ASK FATHER: Could a Bishop be consecrated with the “Usus Antiquior”?
- From a Father of the Church to everyone who texts and tweets
- ACTION ITEM! POLL ALERT! Wisconsin Judge strikes down law requiring abortion docs to have hospital privileges
- STATIONS OF THE CROSS (audio from Fr. Z)
- Monthly donations: a request
- ASK FATHER: Holy Ghost or Holy Spirit?
- ASK FATHER: Delaying baptism until after Lent
- ASK FATHER: Do vestments really matter?!?
- LENTCAzT 38: Friday of the 5th Week of Lent – Our Lady of Sorrows
- ASK FATHER: Can a Bishop be a Deacon for a Priest in a Solemn Mass?
- Another Cardinal stands up to Card. Marx and German bishops:
- The silly season is still in full swing!
- Wherein Fr. Z muses on a growing trend
- “Blessed are they who persecute the righteous, for they shall be called the children of God.”
- Card. Müller: Delegate doctrinal decisions to regional conferences? “absolutely anti-Catholic”!
- Card. Nichols reacts to the 500 Priests
- 25 March – D. Madison – Pontifical Mass at the Throne
- LENTCAzT 37: Thursday of the 5th Week of Lent
- 1st Joyful Mystery: The Annunciation
- Of the Premonstratensian Rite and Confessions
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Tag Archives: Good Friday
Some of you have asked me to post my recordings of the Stations of the Cross as individual posts. It seems that in iTunes only one of the four are available when I post multiple links.
Here is one.
This is my … Continue reading
From a priest…
I am a new priest. My pastor tells me that after the Good Friday
liturgy, he buries any leftover consecrated hosts, so that the
tabernacle is “fresh” for the “new beginning” of Easter. Is this a
legitimate practice? It seems suspicious.
This … Continue reading
Most of us here are bound by the Church’s law to fast and abstain today.
What’s your plan?
When there is no Pope, priests and bishops have to pay attention during the Eucharistic Prayer to omit the name of the Pope.
I received a question today:
If we are still Sede Vacante on Good Friday, is the intercession … Continue reading
From a reader:
I had to tell you about what happened at our parish ___ this Good Friday. We had confessions on Good Friday for the first time that I can remember since coming here in the early 1990s. Not only … Continue reading
In light of the current circumstances we face as Catholics, as people of all faiths, and as American citizens, this is excerpted from the Good Friday intercession prayers in the Ordinary Form:
IX. For those in public office
Let us pray also … Continue reading
I will let you liturgical experts and interested dabblers provide this good reader with some help.
I may be missing something, but I can’t see much of a problem. You readers might see differently.
From a reader:
A question for you and your … Continue reading
Later today, I will participate in the Good Friday service in the Extraordinary Form. Thank you, Holy Father for Summorum Pontificum.
During the Good Friday service, there are many intercessory prayers. One of them is for the Jews. Over the decades, … Continue reading
Cruor has a precise meaning: “Blood (which flows from a wound), a stream of blood (more restricted in meaning than sanguis, which designates both that circulating in bodies and that shed by wounding).
Reminiscere miserationum tuarum, Domine,
et famulos tuos aeterna protectione … Continue reading
There are quite a few Major League Baseball games scheduled for tonight, but there is just one scheduled during the day at the time Good Friday services are on: 2:20 PM ET in Chicago: Dodgers at Cubs at Wrigley.
I honor … Continue reading