HAM RADIO W9FRZ STATUS
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
I had to change the way that people go to amazon to buy things because... you know... why make it easy?. So, just click the link below. Once you're in, you're good to shop.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- bartlep: Beautiful and heartfelt letter, beautiful “spiritual direction response” and many wonderful and supportive comments. After an absence of 35 years from the Church, I happened into a local...
- Unwilling: Bad though it be, I am not thinking about the problems of priests involved or advocating homosexual stuff. I am wondering what it felt like to be a Catholic in England when Henry/E...
- Semper Gumby: “ 230;but singing in helium can hurt the voice, if you do it long enough. 221; Good point. I think my comment went off the rails because I forgot to hydrate.
- Diane: Wow. That was excellent Father. Thank You. I’m saving your response! God Bless You.
- Catholic Tech Geek: I will admit I like seeing priests with beards (my time with the eastern side of the church has contribute d to this) and I am surprised no one has mentioned Clement of Alexan...
- Beltway Catholic: This poor man’s feelings undermine him. The Devil manipulate s feelings to divide us from God. “All priests are… ” is a great accomplish ment of the Enemy of our salvat...
- Marion Ancilla Mariae II: Arroyo and guestsR 17; discussion of Papal nuncios being silenced (from 21:20) Reminded me of https://ww w.youtube. com/watch? v=jYnRBX2T rtk and scroll over to 01:58
- Orlando: Ditto! Father Z best blog post ever! I will be printing this out and referencin g frequently . I could have written you that same email. Christ chose us for this battle, knowing we are...
- Marion Ancilla Mariae II: What’ ;s a parody without helium and a cowbell?
- Stepheno: Thanks for sharing Father. You nailed it. He’s pinned down and needs covering fire. You response helps us all.
- Marion Ancilla Mariae II: God bless you, dear soul, in your search for certainty and peace. As difficult as this is for you, how beautiful to see your fidelity throughout the turmoil we all exper...
- tho: Very thoughtful , and your reply was the same. From my own experience , there is hardly a family, or an individual , who hasn’ ;t been touched negatively by the nonsense that we have...
- Kenneth Wolfe: I like the way the Institute of Christ the King has codified facial hair, which pretty much was the custom in the U.S. for many years. That is, priests/se minarians wearing casso...
- Blaise: I feel for sometimes correspond ent. Sometimes it seems that the concept of “ex opere operato 221; cannot survive the people we see profaning the sacred priesthood . But this is...
- dallenl: I am concerned some less about the openly defective leaders in the Church than I am about the ones who are genuinely opposed to authentic Church doctrine and are deeply burrowed in and...
- aroc981: As a young woman discerning a vocation, I can really relate to this and I struggle with these same sentiments . I think the worst part is just how isolating it can all make you feel,...
- Matt C. Abbott: Well said, Chris in Maryland 2.
- Gaetano: I understand your feelings. I have had the misfortune of knowing and living with terrible priests and even predatory priests – including an infamous one named in the movie Spotlig...
- Sue: Thank you for this, Father.
- Akita: Dear Fellow Catholic, I have only part-time access to the Mass of Ages with its sublime transcende nce. (The sung St Thomas Aquinas sequence for the Feast of Corpus Christi is surely one of...
- hwriggles4: I was under the impression that certain religious orders, such as Fr. Groeshel 8217;s order, required a beard as part of their charism and their habit. I would have had a hard time...
- MB: To Fr. Z’s reader – I get it too. Thank you, Fr. Z, for your fatherly support of us during this dark hour. Something else to ponder: “ 230;toward s the end of the world,...
- hilltop: Reverend Father, I have been visiting your superb blog for years and years. This posting is simply the very best I have read. Thank you. And I will pray for you and I will fast for you and...
- philosophicallyfrank: Hi Father, I am in a similar situation and my remedy is that I am moving to a Franciscan Senior (I am 80 years old) Living facility “Mar ian Village 221; in Homer...
- Anneliese: I understand to a certain degree what this person is going through. I too have been compelled not to attend Mass. I love the Church. These recent scandals make me love the Church even...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- ASK FATHER: A soul in anguish about the state of the Church. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- The TMSM welcomes Bp. Hying to @MadisonDiocese – UPDATED
- Aftermath: the modernist star-trek altar from Notre-Dame de Paris
- Clerical beards.
- PARODY SONG ALERT: Amazoniana Synod
- Shades of Windswept House – UPDATED with a new interview about the late Card. Bernardin
- Earthquake at near Rome – 20:43:47 (UTC) Magnitude 3.4 at a depth of 5 KM – @ Colonna, Italy
- VIDEO Fr @GeraldMurray8 and Dr @RobertSRoyal analyze hot-button issues
- ASK FATHER: Can I really fulfill my Mass obligation at an SSPX chapel?
- Concerning the upcoming Synod, Germans and Tapirs
- ACTION ITEM: How you can help defend the Seal of Confession in California
- “This ‘Communion in the hand’ thing needs to stop.”
- #ActonU 2019 Day 4: Great people… great content
- Archd. of Indianapolis says Jesuit school isn’t Catholic
- #ActonU 2019 Day 1 = Day 3: getting up to speed
- ASK FATHER: Do we receive also the Holy Spirit in Communion?
- ASK FATHER: Obligation to attend the local parish instead of going somewhere else
- Online Shopping Reminder and BIRETTA PROJECT
- Blistering NRO piece flames the recent USCCB meeting
- ASK FATHER: Trying to translate prayers into Latin, but I don’t trust Google
- Lib ‘c’atholic outcry in … 3… 2… 1
- 15-18 July 2019: East Coast Priest Conference in Wheeling, WV – looks good!
- Fr Rosica, amazing papal claims, and resignations
- Priest apologizes to traditional Catholics: “The future of the Church is in her past.”
- ASK FATHER: Is a concelebrated Mass just one Mass or several Masses?
- NOVENA FOR SEMINARIANS – from Corpus Christi to Sacred Heart, with a Marian Consecration
- A Solemn Mass in Albany in the presence of the bishop. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Thoughts about the change to CCC 2267 on the death penalty
- Chilean priest’s episcopal consecration axed because of some comments
- Canonist Ed Peters eviscerates bishops – one in particular – who won’t apply law
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
Tag Archives: gun control
Liberal journalists try to buy an AR-15 to prove how easy it is to obtain a long-gun under false pretenses (i.e., for the purposes of terror). Alas, the system worked. From Free Beacon: Store Owner: Undercover CBS Purchase of AR-15 … Continue reading
UPDATE 14 Jan: At A Blog for Dallas Area Catholics there is an interesting reaction to the Diocese of Dallas’ new policy about guns. A couple of the posts there touch on this topic, as a matter of fact. One … Continue reading
The other day I heard that for the State of the Union Address in POTUS’s area of the gallery there was to be an empty seat to honor victims of gun violence (which I assume also means gang-bangers who shot … Continue reading
Following up on the issue of security in our churches in this age of growing uncertainty, a reader sent the following from KNOE 8 NEWS: OPSO offers gun training to churches WEST MONROE, La. (KNOE 8 News) – The Ouachita … Continue reading
I saw this astonishing and yet not at all surprising piece by Rich Lowry. But will anything useful be done about this? Who wants to bet? Chicago suffering social meltdown For most of the country, July Fourth weekend means hot … Continue reading
May I recommend that you stop over at the blog Shoved To Them (where do these interesting names come from?) and peruse THIS. Here is an excerpt: [My husband] worried about our safety, so he made sure that I had a … Continue reading
From FNC: 19 states join legal fight against New Jersey’s concealed weapons law CHEYENNE, Wyo. – Wyoming is leading a coalition of 19 states asking the U.S. Supreme Court to let them submit a brief supporting a New Jersey man’s … Continue reading
A friend sent this. A funny way to make a good point. I try not to use businesses which post these signs and I hope you don’t either. On that note, after Mass on Sunday a couple guys from the … Continue reading
Here is a lesson in deep hypocrisy. As you peruse the following, consider Starbuck’s corporate support of pro-abortive forces, especially where he talks about being used. From the head of Starbucks: An Open Letter from Howard Schultz, ceo of Starbucks … Continue reading
From a reader: Are priests allowed to carry handguns? I have heard stories of priests owning guns, going hunting, etc, but could a priest have a handgun, conceal and carry, etc? What do you think about a priest having a … Continue reading
More great advice from the Obama Administration today. On the heels of a shooting at a Catholic Church in Utah (HERE), I spotted at RNS, that the White House has issued some advice for how to deal with shootings at … Continue reading
I have been saying for weeks now that the left has been hijacking pro-life language for their own ends. Right now, they are twisting their support for Pres. Obama (against people who “cling to guns or religion”) into a “prolife … Continue reading
There is a phrase which is becoming more popular: I carry a gun – because a cop is too heavy. Here is a story from Milwaukee which a friend forwarded. Keep in mind that Milwaukee is not exactly a bastion … Continue reading
As I read in the Huffington Post: […] Most people think [Martin Luther King, JR] would be the last person to own a gun. Yet in the mid-1950s, as the civil rights movement heated up, King kept firearms for self-protection. … Continue reading