Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- jameeka said Surely a major factor is that this diocese promote...
- Andrew Saucci said It is worth reminding everyone, especially the you...
- gramma10 said Thank you Father. So beautiful. I appreciated the...
- TKS said And then there are those of us who are ‘snow...
- gramma10 said I have been in the diocese of Arlington since 1967...
- Dr. Edward Peters said “Alas and alack, registering in a parish has...
- gramma10 said http://www.arlingtondiocese.org/vocations/sems/voc...
- WideMeadow said At least some things he doesn’t have to dire...
- acardnal said I have registered at two parishes within my dioces...
- Elizabeth D said I suggest talking to a local priest or wise Cathol...
- Supertradmum said Elizabeth D, what you say is true ONLY is the coup...
- Supertradmum said mburn16, everyone seems to be ignoring your amazin...
- Elizabeth D said You misunderstand, Catholic teaching is that you h...
- andia said Elizabeth_D. Under no circumstances would I ever a...
- Giuseppe said Is Bishop Morlino a Jesuit? His biography mention...
- GregH said Not more than $20k max per year especially if you...
- Elizabeth D said What happened 7-9 years ago is that Monsignor Bart...
- jflare said GregH, If anything, I’m somewhat surprised t...
- Athelstan said “We’re at a rough replacement level,” Bartylla sai...
- Elizabeth D said Andia… a parish is like a family in some way...
- The Egyptian said for qowieury sorry a little long but read it anywa...
- Anita Moore, O.P.(lay) said When I first moved to my current city of residence...
- HeatherPA said God Bless Bishop Morlino! I pray that someday we h...
- Eugene said Just read the great story about Bp Morlino and the...
- Catholicism: Works Every Time It’s Tried | The American Catholic said […] Go here to read the rest. It is no acci...
- acardnal said Joseph-Mary, there are or have been Madison semina...
- Cody said Why is it that dioceses don’t make it easily...
- Eugene said By their fruits you shall know them…I hope t...
- tioedong said reminds me of the hit job on the local Filipino bi...
- The Cobbler said (P.S. If anyone else ended up having trouble getti...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
For Easter: another ethereal music CD from the chart-topping nuns…
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- D. Madison: Bp. Morlino and the surge of priestly vocations
- ASK FATHER: Membership in a parish, borders, registration
- LENTCAzT 12: 2nd Sunday of Lent
- Internet to be regulated by Feds… what could possibly go wrong?
- Bp. Galantino, 66, resigned
- WDTPRS – 2nd Sunday of Lent: Purify your “spiritual view” lest God be offended
- Two years ago… Sede Vacante
- Hit job on Card. Pell because he’s doing his job
- LENTCAzT 11: Ember Saturday of the 1st Week of Lent
- Ancient Greek Fish on Friday
- Will Pope Francis be the only able-bodied diocesan bishop NOT to celebrate Mass of the Last Supper with priests and people?
- LENTCAzT 10: Ember Friday of the 1st Week of Lent
- ACTION ITEM! PLENARY INDULGENCE on FRIDAYS OF LENT!
- STATIONS OF THE CROSS (audio from Fr. Z)
- What the Duke wanted for his daughter
- 3 March RELEASE – PRE-ORDER new music CD for Easter from Benedictines of Mary
- St. Gabriel of Our Lady of Sorrows: Patron of Handgunners
- How US school lunches now compare to other countries
- Look! DOWN from the sky!
- Camille Paglia interviewed. Great stuff on feminists, the Irish influence, more.
- 28 Feb Card. Dolan @ Holy Innocents – Manhattan – Mass for Fr. Groeschel & Book Club
- SYNODGATE: A canonist weighs in – Fr. Z gives advice
- SYNODGATE – Five Cardinals Book stolen from participants’ mailboxes at last year’s Synod on Family
- Pontifical Council for Culture… winning the minds and hearts of women everywhere!
- LENTCAzT 09: Thursday of the 1st Week of Lent
- Reason #142 for Summorum Pontificum
- Brick by Brick in St. Louis
- “Filial appeal” to Pope Francis asking him to hold the line
- St. Patrick’s Day promotion for Courageous Priest – reminder
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Tag Archives: gun control
I saw this astonishing and yet not at all surprising piece by Rich Lowry.
But will anything useful be done about this? Who wants to bet?
Chicago suffering social meltdown
For most of the country, July Fourth weekend means hot dogs, fireworks and … Continue reading
May I recommend that you stop over at the blog Shoved To Them (where do these interesting names come from?) and peruse THIS.
Here is an excerpt:
[My husband] worried about our safety, so he made sure that I had a gun and … Continue reading
19 states join legal fight against New Jersey’s concealed weapons law
CHEYENNE, Wyo. – Wyoming is leading a coalition of 19 states asking the U.S. Supreme Court to let them submit a brief supporting a New Jersey man’s challenge to … Continue reading
A friend sent this. A funny way to make a good point.
I try not to use businesses which post these signs and I hope you don’t either.
On that note, after Mass on Sunday a couple guys from the parish offered … Continue reading
Here is a lesson in deep hypocrisy. As you peruse the following, consider Starbuck’s corporate support of pro-abortive forces, especially where he talks about being used.
From the head of Starbucks:
An Open Letter from Howard Schultz, ceo of Starbucks Coffee Company
Tuesday, … Continue reading
From a reader:
Are priests allowed to carry handguns? I have heard stories of priests owning guns, going hunting, etc, but could a priest have a handgun, conceal and carry, etc? What do you think about a priest having a handgun … Continue reading
More great advice from the Obama Administration today.
On the heels of a shooting at a Catholic Church in Utah (HERE), I spotted at RNS, that the White House has issued some advice for how to deal with shootings at churches: … Continue reading
I have been saying for weeks now that the left has been hijacking pro-life language for their own ends. Right now, they are twisting their support for Pres. Obama (against people who “cling to guns or religion”) into a “prolife … Continue reading
There is a phrase which is becoming more popular: I carry a gun – because a cop is too heavy.
Here is a story from Milwaukee which a friend forwarded.
Keep in mind that Milwaukee is not exactly a bastion of conservatism.
Wisconsin … Continue reading