You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- BLB Oregon said As for Mr. Obama, he should have asked the Marine...
- Kathleen10 said Fr. Z. I can’t help you unless you speak Eng
- Bos Mutissimus said 1) Concur that BHO has less respect in general fo...
- BLB Oregon said Who is supposed to attend to this? It would be a d...
- PostCatholic said This has been an interesting thread. I wonder how,...
- Andrew Saucci said The architectural limit on 32-bit operating system...
- Gratias said In November of last year I attended a Public Audie...
- Sword40 said I have to say that Obama isn’t “dumb...
- William Tighe said No doubt this has been stated numerous times befor...
- PostCatholic said I realize this an old thread. But I think a readin...
- EXCHIEF said “I would rather potus would be seen holding...
- andersonbd1 said Make sure you don’t touch the metal parts wi...
- Jerry said What is the make and model of the system? What OS...
- Supertradmum said One must ask one’s self honestly if one rece...
- Ted said A 32 bit system, normally the operating system, ca...
- Supertradmum said That you may be the children of your Father who is...
- Tom in NY said Our readers are strong on the religious reasons fo...
- Giuseppe said Speaking of Tom Lehrer, while his Periodic Table s...
- xsosdid said I asked one of my sons, a computer science student...
- The Masked Chicken said If only I had a piano and Tom Lehrer…I feel...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said It’s 32-bit. I checked around and it seems t...
- The Masked Chicken said The amount of RAM is determined by the motherboard...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said Fr Martin Fox says: It may be that I am too infl...
- Athelstan said As Ralph said, I think a switch would be PERFECT f...
- Fr Martin Fox said Gulielmus’ pictures are a strong rebuttal. I...
- benedetta said The photograph is emblematic of Obama’s atti...
- billy said @traductora – I served four years on active...
- EXCHIEF said Whether the POTUS as CIC has the authority to make...
- StJude said Obama is a narcissist. this is just another examp...
- Traductora said Billy, I’m assuming you’ve never been...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
- Beauty break
- GUEST POST: “No more terrible Latin.”
- Francis and friend
- Looking for summer reading? Try book Pope Francis likes!
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- QUAERITUR: Getting married on a Friday. Must I abstain from meat? Fr. Z includes a brief rant.
- An exercise in fine noontime dining!
- FATHERS! Is your wi-fi, your network, secure? BISHOPS! Read this and ponder!
- Judge rules: Bp. Finn cannot be held liable in a civil lawsuit against a priest
- Again about validity of absolutions by SSPX priests
- Edgewood College to have a “Dominican Catholic mass”?
- Ramifications of the new normal
- Men want arguments!
- How the LCWR, Magisterium of Nuns, get around the Church’s teaching and hierarchy
- The Pope wasn’t killed by a nail to the skull
- QUAERITUR: Why won’t the bishop let a priest come to say the TLM?
- Pope Francis out for a spin … and a March for Life in Rome
- QUAERITUR: I found a Host at my mother’s house. Wherein Fr. Z rants a little.
- Rail by rail!
- Of flower petals, firefighters, dedication, and holes in the roof
- Pope Francis canonizes the Martyrs of Otranto, slain by Islamic invaders
- Beati qui…
- QUAERITUR: People who walk away with Hosts
- WSJ on “The Trials of Father MacRae” – IMPORTANT
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Tag Archives: gun control
I have been saying for weeks now that the left has been hijacking pro-life language for their own ends. Right now, they are twisting their support for Pres. Obama (against people who “cling to guns or religion”) into a “prolife … Continue reading
There is a phrase which is becoming more popular: I carry a gun – because a cop is too heavy.
Here is a story from Milwaukee which a friend forwarded.
Keep in mind that Milwaukee is not exactly a bastion of conservatism.
Wisconsin … Continue reading
As I read in the Huffington Post:
Most people think [Martin Luther King, JR] would be the last person to own a gun. Yet in the mid-1950s, as the civil rights movement heated up, King kept firearms for self-protection. In fact, … Continue reading
Stock in gun companies is going up, because of this gun-control thing. Pres. Obama has a jihad against guns… gun and ammo sales soar to record levels. In a gun shop I saw a photo of the President with the … Continue reading
First I found Pres. Obama declaring “Religious Freedom” Day. Now I find Sr. Carol Keehan openly defending the unborn?
Sr. Carol Keehan: Sandy Hook ‘Separate Issue’ But ‘Abortion Takes the Life of an Innocent Child’
By Patrick Burke
(CNSNews.com) — Sister Carol … Continue reading
Don’t you wish sometimes that you never… I mean never… saw or heard Hollywood stars when they weren’t actually in a show or movie?
Some of these people are getting into the gun-control issue. Strikes me as a bit hypocritical.
How … Continue reading
At Catholic Vote someone has taken the mickey out of the enemies of the 2nd Amendment and particular out of the opponents of concealed carry weapon licenses.
No, wait. Let me correct that. Stricter gun-control advocates generally don’t actually think about the 2nd … Continue reading
I have been thinking through the “gun” controversy. I am also thinking about what it means for me, a priest.
For example, what does a concealed carry weapon (CCW) mean for a priest versus for a layperson?
Some people will bring up … Continue reading
The present gun-control debate is being carried out in the MSM and blogsophere mostly by people who don’t know what they are talking about.
“Assault weapons!”, they cry, while running in circles. ”Eeek! Eeek! We have to DO SOMETHING!”
Let’s see if we … Continue reading