Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Support them with prayer and fasting.
- tzabiega said Let’s face the truth. If the U.S. hadn̵...
- Fiat Domine said Father Z, I just have to say that I am so glad tha...
- Grateful to be Catholic said “… which the only solution is its dest...
- dowirz said Fr. Z., Let me know if you are interested in touri...
- Cantor said I look forward to seeing the movie, but won’...
- Sword40 said Don’t expect anything out of our current Gov...
- mo7 said This is also a real oldie: The Return of Rin Tin...
- Elizabeth D said I just saw a video of an interview with some Chris...
- jflare said OK, now I AM confused! I’d had the impressio...
- joecct77 said An Oldie but Goodie Christmas Holiday with Deanna...
- jflare said I would love to dissect a good bit of that last po...
- Legisperitus said Alas, Christian civilization in the West gave up t...
- rockymountains said Latin America and the Spanish speaking Carribean c...
- THURSDAY EVENING EDITION | BigPulpit.com said [...] Rorate Cæli White House Will Revise “A...
- Sofia Guerra said Watched a movie today on TCM called “The Whi...
- Bosco said @JARAY, You have recounted from your recollection...
- St. Corbinian's Bear said Hollywood used to be the place where Jews controll...
- Polycarpio said Revival? One swallow does not a spring make, and...
- Priam1184 said Why would anyone expect “the West” to...
- Elizabeth D said This event impresses me. I am not big on conferenc...
- albinus1 said VATICAN CITY (CNS) — Going by the pseudonym “X,” P...
- acardnal said FYI, over the last couple of years, EWTN has recor...
- JARay said It is several months since Fr. Finigan on his blog...
- jhayes said Jerry, the link to the form is in the NCR article...
- Bosco said It would be mighty helpful were a definition of wh...
- Random Friar said Fr. Gutierrez’ professors were pretty much E...
- Moral_Hazard said “[OORAH! A man after my own heart.]”...
- excalibur said …. mercantilist and quasi-feudal …. As...
- SKAY said I also thank you for the video Supertradmum. I wi...
- Phil_NL said Jerry, I do not contest the validity of Dr Peter...
My wish lists
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
How about Rome in October?
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- Another helpful suggestion (heaven help us)
- Napa Institute Conference: Day 1
- Latin America needs a revolution: a liberal and Catholic revolution
- “Annulments” and a distinction: juridical and/or sacramental
- Just Too Cool: Leo XIII’s Latin Riddles
- My View For Awhile: Left Coast Edition
- 22 July: St. Mary Magdalene (and homonymous cookies!)
- Many illegal aliens flooding across border have criminal records
- Fed Court rules Obamacare subsidies ILLEGAL in 36 states!
- Pope Francis prays for success of initiative to convert Anglicans
- World War I – 100 years out
- ISIS targeting Christians: “The West must step in now… or we will be wiped out.”
- Ex ore infantium… perfecisti laudem!
- “Forward!” he cried, showing them the crucifix, “Victory is ours.” – St. Lawrence of Brindisi
- When the priest confessor doesn’t use the proper Form of Absolution. Wherein Fr. Z advises.
- “the very essence of our republic and our reason are being overturned in the public order”
- Bp. Matano (D. Rochester) ends decades illicit practice of “lay preaching”
- Divide et impera: KGB influence on Middle East violence
- What Did the Imam Really Say? Revisited
- Fishwrap: less than enthusiastic about new ITC document on “sensus fidei”.
- Ecumenical consequences of C of E decision on women bishops (aka “wyshyps”)
- WDTPRS 16th Ordinary Sunday: The Enemy is seeking you!
- BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPERS REPORT 1
- REVIEW: Movie “Persecuted”
- Malaysian Airlines 17, Death and You
- VIDEO Aurora: just… wow
- Are you Middle Aged yet?
- “Thanks for your blog. It saved this seminarian from a particularly mortifying purification.”
- Compare and contrast: VIDEO – 1983 Pres. Reagan about Korean Air 007
- “Are you still there? Did I do something wrong? I need to know…”
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
I just bought some candy bars for the chancery staff. Sweeten up someone’s day!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
I use these great cards when I travel
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Tag Archives: gun control
As I read in the Huffington Post:
Most people think [Martin Luther King, JR] would be the last person to own a gun. Yet in the mid-1950s, as the civil rights movement heated up, King kept firearms for self-protection. In fact, … Continue reading
Stock in gun companies is going up, because of this gun-control thing. Pres. Obama has a jihad against guns… gun and ammo sales soar to record levels. In a gun shop I saw a photo of the President with the … Continue reading
First I found Pres. Obama declaring “Religious Freedom” Day. Now I find Sr. Carol Keehan openly defending the unborn?
Sr. Carol Keehan: Sandy Hook ‘Separate Issue’ But ‘Abortion Takes the Life of an Innocent Child’
By Patrick Burke
(CNSNews.com) — Sister Carol … Continue reading
Don’t you wish sometimes that you never… I mean never… saw or heard Hollywood stars when they weren’t actually in a show or movie?
Some of these people are getting into the gun-control issue. Strikes me as a bit hypocritical.
How … Continue reading
At Catholic Vote someone has taken the mickey out of the enemies of the 2nd Amendment and particular out of the opponents of concealed carry weapon licenses.
No, wait. Let me correct that. Stricter gun-control advocates generally don’t actually think about the 2nd … Continue reading
I have been thinking through the “gun” controversy. I am also thinking about what it means for me, a priest.
For example, what does a concealed carry weapon (CCW) mean for a priest versus for a layperson?
Some people will bring up … Continue reading
The present gun-control debate is being carried out in the MSM and blogsophere mostly by people who don’t know what they are talking about.
“Assault weapons!”, they cry, while running in circles. ”Eeek! Eeek! We have to DO SOMETHING!”
Let’s see if we … Continue reading
Some people are getting it. Liberals, even – to their eternal shame liberal catholics – are hijacking pro-life language as a way of promoting strict gun-control as if it were a pro-life issue. What they are really trying to do is silence … Continue reading
I checked the NCR this morning to see which of their writers would be the first out of the gate to instrumentalize the heinous killing of children in Connecticut to argue for tougher gun control laws.
Would it be Michael Sean … Continue reading
Pres. Obama has been undermining our 1st Amendment rights. As a refresher, this is the first article of the Bill of Rights:
“Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the … Continue reading