Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- lsclerkin said Father, that Alleluia at the end of this podcast...
- VexillaRegis said Thank you from the bottom of my heart for praying...
- Glennonite said Such a way to start my Holy Thursday! The content...
- Tamquam said Delighted to pray for you, Father, as I often do....
- Louis said I am so excited to see it there!
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said 28% fulfillment so far! Sock by sock. Keep it goin...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said mimiwnc says: Your Lentcazts have made a differenc...
- mimiwnc said Your Lentcazts have made a difference in our home....
- mimiwnc said The separate podcasts of The Way of The Cross are...
- jameeka said Thank you Father Z for the wonderful sermon by Pop...
- Frank_Bearer said You just wait until the bishop hears about this! T...
- jaykay said Just been to confession, at lunchbreak. Many peopl...
- Sonshine135 said I couldn’t think of a better place to be the...
- Sonshine135 said A blessed Triduum and Easter to all. Behold the Ma...
- LarryW2LJ said Ready? Yes, Fr. Ready to make this Triduum as mea...
- Simon_GNR said May Benedict XVI have a long and happy retirement,...
- Skeinster said Our parish was asked to pray for Jason, father of...
- Skeinster said Thanks for bringing this to our attention, Fr. Z....
- JonPatrick said Have a blessed trip, hopefully the weather will be...
- tjmurphy said At my church we have the pastor and two priests. E...
- Absit invidia said He was a humble, patient, and respectful pope R...
- MaryMargaret said Oh, well, he is the Papa emeritus, no? So I call h...
- Betsy said Two pair from me. And lots of prayers. Remember...
- St. Corbinian's Bear said Ha, brings to mind my “milione lire” c...
- Supertradmum said I am in deep countryside in the Midwest and cannot...
- Supertradmum said Have a safe and wonderful trip, Father Z., and ple...
- benedetta said @MaryMargaret…what you said! Though, I woul...
- MaryMargaret said Grandpapa Benedetto, I do love you. God bless you...
- teejay329 said Oh my goodness people…get up earlier to have...
- teejay329 said To Seattle…wouldn’t a Father Z reader...
Fathers, you don’t know who might show up! It could be a “big fish” of one sort or other…
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
My wish lists
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- Francis’ Chrism Mass Sermon: priests are very small
- AUDIO PODCAzT: Via Crucis by Joseph Ratzinger
- AUDIO PRAYERCAzT: Via Crucis by St Alphonsus Liguori (with chant)
- LENTCAzT 44 Holy Thursday
- Ready for the Triduum?
- My View For Awhile: meandering towards Rome
- Happy 87th Birthday, Benedict XVI!
- LENTCAzT 43: Spy Wednesday
- Dogs. Cats. Different?
- ACTION ITEM! Help a US Army Chaplain and his troops! UPDATED
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 1947: Jackie Robinson
- LENTCAzT 42: Tuesday in Holy Week – Making Jesus sad.
- “Knock the cover off the ball!”
- ASK FATHER: Kids told to confess one sin only.
- ASK FATHER: Communion for person just spotted drinking (probably) coffee
- ASK FATHER: Can I go to same-sex ceremony or reception?
- ASK FATHER: Must the Exsultet be sung by a cleric?
- LENTCAzT 41: Monday in Holy Week
- And you thought you had problems!
- BIG PUPPET ALERT!
- How Italians differ.
- Z-SWAG: In The Wild – Phoenician Edition
- Your Palm Sunday notes
- LENTCAzT 40: Palm Sunday – “pause, take time to reflect”
- I’m sure the content has nothing to do with their choice.
- The ‘c’atholic Left, Faketivism, and You
- SAUDI ARABIA: Woman professes Christ. Eyes and mouth SEWN SHUT
- The Magisterium of Sophomores: another High School explosion
- WDTPRS: Palm Sunday – the transforming example
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Tag Archives: health care reform
Today the U.S. Bishops issued a statement about the supposed “accommodation” proffered by the Obama Administration in regard to the anti-1st Amendment HHS Mandate.
HHS Proposal Falls Short In Meeting Church Concerns; Bishops Look Forward To Addressing Issues With Administration
February 7, … Continue reading
All across the nation today there have been Pro-Liberty Rallies.
Post a report!
UPDATE 24 March:
I have liked Star Parker for a long time. She spoke at a Pr0-Freedom Rally in D.C. yesterday.
Alas, there is a guy who laughs once in a … Continue reading
The nice UPS gal swooped in with a review DVD from First Run Films about the late Archbishop Oscar Romero. I’ll probably watch it tonight.
In our brief chat, I mentioned how impressed I was that UPS and FedEx can move everything … Continue reading
Carl Olson at Catholic World Report has a good piece to which I direct your attention:
The CWR Blog
The Emptiness and Deceit of Cave-in “Catholicism”
March 21, 2012 06:20 EST
By Carl E. Olson
“The Bishops speak for the Catholic and apostolic faith, and those … Continue reading
From CNA with my emphases and comments:
Executive order on abortion funding won’t stand, Washington Post columnist says
Washington D.C., Mar 29, 2010 / 06:56 am (CNA).- Washington Post columnist Kathleen Parker has denied that President Obama’s executive order barring funding … Continue reading
I complained the other day that neither side in the Catholic field, the USCCB nor the dissidents, had adequately explained the presumed barrier – or lack thereof – or unacceptable weakness thereof – between federal money and the procuring of … Continue reading
In this matter of contingent, prudential judgments, whose judgment will in time prove to have been the more prudent?
The Catholic bishops with pro-life groups or their opposition, the LCWR and CHA and NCR, etc?
I happen to think the bishops are … Continue reading
From CNS with my emphases and comments:
CHA backs health bill; bishops reiterate objection to abortion wording
By Nancy Frazier O’BrienCatholic News Service
WASHINGTON (CNS) — "Despite the good" that proposed health reform legislation "intends or might achieve," concerns about the abortion wording … Continue reading
His Excellency Most Rev. Charles Chaput, Archbishop of Denver, is neither shy nor vague nor harsh about his positions. He has expressed himself about the healthcare bill facing some sort of vote… by what weird procedure we don’t know yet… … Continue reading
From the USCCB:
BISHOPS CALL SENATE HEALTH CARE REFORM BILL ‘DEFICIENT,’ ESSENTIAL CHANGES NEEDED BEFORE MOVING FORWARD Seek to retain federal policy on abortion funding and conscience protectionWant to protect access to health care that immigrants have now, remove barriers to accessNeed … Continue reading