Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
My wish lists
- lsclerkin said I will say this in defense of “angry”...
- Ed the Roman said Raffle off Mosin-Nagants in the spirit of reducing...
- jameeka said In your kindness, please pray for my 79 year old m...
- Makemeaspark said Thank you Father. Still praying for your good heal...
- Priam1184 said I confess that I think that an AR-15 is almost use...
- SophiaGrace said Listening every day via the plug in. Thank you, Fa...
- Brooklyn said Father Z, you say you don’t understand the c...
- Mike said Thank you so much for this link, Father. May Our...
- jameeka said Very good point, Henry Edwards
- Henry Edwards said “And I encourage my priests and my seminaria...
- Robbie said I enjoyed his sermon. He’s a wonderful spea...
- oldCatholigirl said I know, it’s sort of “tongue in cheek&...
- Arele said wmeyer, I agree! Where might the need be greater?...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said Everyone: Does it matter if you like Daylight Savi...
- semperficatholic said Guess I am the odd woman out here. I love the fact...
- Simon_GNR said [Instead they could be raffling off a car. Church...
- wmeyer said Bishops and priests inside …er…unfriendly territor...
- Arele said Sooo grateful to have Archbishop Sample here in Or...
- TLM lauded in Pontifical Mass Homily by Portland Archbishop Sample | dclatinmass said [...] WDTPRS Share this:TwitterFacebookGoogleLike...
- Priam1184 said Thanks Father. That was a good one. Nice images...
- Supertradmum said May I add something to your plea for readers to go...
- pelerin said This weekend does seem early. Here in Britain we...
- David Zampino said Whatever historical need (real or imagined) that o...
- wmeyer said Prayers continuing…
- Liz said Stupid Daylight’s Savings. Mothers hate this...
- Kerry said “… similar to the Bushmaster rifle use...
- bookworm said I wish we would return to the old practice of wait...
- Scott W. said What if the parish raffles off a set of golf clubs...
- JARay said I once had a rifle loaned to me by my government b...
- James Joseph said They should raffle off a howitzer! Hahaha.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- LENTCAzT 05: 1st Sunday of Lent
- URGENT: 9 March – change your clocks in these USA
- WDTPRS 1st Sunday of Lent (2002MR): what we can learn in no other way
- VIDEO: Sermon for Archbishop Sample’s 1st Pontifical Mass – MUST SEE
- Church to raffle off an AR-15. Predictable hysteria ensues.
- A bishop’s pastoral letter on Pornography
- LENTCAzT 04: Saturday after Ash Wednesday
- Urgent prayer request: health
- Bishop Robert C. Morlino: 1st Anniversary of Pope Francis’ Pontificate
- Liberals still celebrate Anthony Kosnik’s book, once used in seminaries
- Albany Sourpusses
- “Whoa!” Brick by brick in the Diocese of Madison.
- How you would have observed Lent in 1873
- AUDIO Stations of the Cross: Benedict XVI, Bl. John Henry Newman, St. Alphonsus Liguori
- LENTCAzT 03: Friday after Ash Wednesday
- The Francis Effect™: Results Vary
- Francis and the Weeping Priests
- KY’s AG cites Francis undying quote as excuse for not upholding the law
- LENTCAzT 02: Thursday after Ash Wednesday
- ¡Vaya lío! Archbp. Sample weighs in on same-sex unions in Oregon. Fr. Z kudos.
- Amusing Ash Wednesday note
- Who knew? Reviving ancient viruses by disturbing permafrost.
- Your Ash Wednesday Mass and Sermon notes
- Pope Francis’ new interview: his answer about Benedict XVI and Popes Emeriti
- Francis at Santa Sabina
- An Open Letter to Most Rev. Michael Olson, Bishop of Fort Worth
- LENTCAzT 01: Ash Wednesday
- Is your garage door secure?
- Francis Pellverizes™ the Roman Curia
- Wherein Fr. Z rants, slaps some heads
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will do.”
- Edward Everett Hale
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Tag Archives: health care reform
Today the U.S. Bishops issued a statement about the supposed “accommodation” proffered by the Obama Administration in regard to the anti-1st Amendment HHS Mandate.
HHS Proposal Falls Short In Meeting Church Concerns; Bishops Look Forward To Addressing Issues With Administration
February 7, … Continue reading
All across the nation today there have been Pro-Liberty Rallies.
Post a report!
UPDATE 24 March:
I have liked Star Parker for a long time. She spoke at a Pr0-Freedom Rally in D.C. yesterday.
Alas, there is a guy who laughs once in a … Continue reading
The nice UPS gal swooped in with a review DVD from First Run Films about the late Archbishop Oscar Romero. I’ll probably watch it tonight.
In our brief chat, I mentioned how impressed I was that UPS and FedEx can move everything … Continue reading
Carl Olson at Catholic World Report has a good piece to which I direct your attention:
The CWR Blog
The Emptiness and Deceit of Cave-in “Catholicism”
March 21, 2012 06:20 EST
By Carl E. Olson
“The Bishops speak for the Catholic and apostolic faith, and those … Continue reading
From CNA with my emphases and comments:
Executive order on abortion funding won’t stand, Washington Post columnist says
Washington D.C., Mar 29, 2010 / 06:56 am (CNA).- Washington Post columnist Kathleen Parker has denied that President Obama’s executive order barring funding … Continue reading
I complained the other day that neither side in the Catholic field, the USCCB nor the dissidents, had adequately explained the presumed barrier – or lack thereof – or unacceptable weakness thereof – between federal money and the procuring of … Continue reading
In this matter of contingent, prudential judgments, whose judgment will in time prove to have been the more prudent?
The Catholic bishops with pro-life groups or their opposition, the LCWR and CHA and NCR, etc?
I happen to think the bishops are … Continue reading
From CNS with my emphases and comments:
CHA backs health bill; bishops reiterate objection to abortion wording
By Nancy Frazier O’BrienCatholic News Service
WASHINGTON (CNS) — "Despite the good" that proposed health reform legislation "intends or might achieve," concerns about the abortion wording … Continue reading
His Excellency Most Rev. Charles Chaput, Archbishop of Denver, is neither shy nor vague nor harsh about his positions. He has expressed himself about the healthcare bill facing some sort of vote… by what weird procedure we don’t know yet… … Continue reading
From the USCCB:
BISHOPS CALL SENATE HEALTH CARE REFORM BILL ‘DEFICIENT,’ ESSENTIAL CHANGES NEEDED BEFORE MOVING FORWARD Seek to retain federal policy on abortion funding and conscience protectionWant to protect access to health care that immigrants have now, remove barriers to accessNeed … Continue reading