Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Hank Igitur said 127 beautiful photos here https://www.facebook.com...
- Hank Igitur said 2 assistant priests to the cardinal (FSSP), deacon...
- Imrahil said The provincial (of the Jesuit order, or so)…...
- jhayes said Siculum wrote: Check out his newly translated comm...
- Imrahil said Dear robtbrown, sorry to correct you, but Pope Ben...
- frjim4321 said Francis?
- robtbrown said James Joseph says: I would be interested in seei...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Father G, Recalling Fr Z’s recent St. Lawren...
- Julian Barkin said So my question, with what seems to be a gradual in...
- Deacon Bill said On behalf of all of the military chaplains with wh...
- jhayes said Ioannes Andreades wrote Perhaps Francis is lookin...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Josemaria, It may not be what you had in mind, but...
- frjim4321 said It won’t be Paprocki. Not gonna happen.
- kpoterack said Andrew, no, absolutely not. A cardinal can vote i...
- qmbarque said Leave Burke where he is. Bp. Paprocki (Springfield...
- Charivari Rob said …or was it like Pastor Collins’ unfort...
- SaintJude6 said Quick definition search reveals: In Internet slan...
- frjim4321 said nope, benedetta, a troll is someone who pretends t...
- benedetta said How lovely for the Spanish to have this Cardinal b...
- benedetta said MarcM, Yes clearly everyone assents to that. I ha...
- benedetta said Even if you are correct and have great connections...
- frjim4321 said That won’t happen. Not with Francis.
- Athelstan said “Pope Francis could make Card. Burke the nex...
- frjim4321 said I can’t imagine the provincial presiding ove...
- ChrisRawlings said I’d much rather have Cardinal Burke in Chica...
- frjim4321 said (I think there is something wrong with this blog ....
- frjim4321 said If it happens, you’ll know I’m not a t...
- frjim4321 said Me neither, ACARD, but that’s what I hear. I...
- acardnal said I believe Fr. Barron is in line for the episcopacy...
- Ioannes Andreades said Makes one wonder whether prefects and secretaries...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- ACTION ITEM! Calling Catholic Patriots! Military Archdiocese needs your help
- Time in Rome is a sacrifice, not a career move.
- ASK FATHER: Metropolitan Archbishops and Pontifical Masses
- QUAERITUR: What’s the best translation of St. Augustine’s “The Confessions”?
- Wherein Fr. Z dies a painful death
- Pontifical Mass sighting
- Congratulations Rep. Sensenbrenner!
- Bp. Galatino: “Couples in irregular matrimonial situations…”
- Card. Cañizares Llovera, Prefect of CDW, transferred to Valencia
- The popular pontificate of Pope Francis: two views
- St. Monica: “put my body anywhere”
- ASK FATHER: The priest’s Eucharistic fast in the Extraordinary Form
- ACTION ITEM! Book from 5 Cardinals in defense of marriage and tradition – UPDATE
- ASK FATHER: Meat when a feast falls on a Friday
- ASK FATHER: Hogging the confessional
- My View For Awhile: Road Trip
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- It’s always someone else…
- WDTPRS 11th Sunday after Pentecost: what Christ does for us
- How Churches (actually “ecclesial communities”) commit suicide
- WDTPRS 21st Ordinary Sunday: the smoke of Satan v. invisible love
- NYC – What’s up at Our Saviour Church where Fr. Rutler used to be pastor?
- Just Too Cool: The Glory
- Question for readers: TLM and NO readings
- VIDEO: The Chapel Veil
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS
- Friday Fun Moment: One Hit Wonders (and a digression)
- UPDATED: Of “rubber bullets”
- MANHATTAN, NYC 22 Aug & 12 Sept: PRAYER VIGIL FOR CHRISTIANS IN IRAQ, SYRIA
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Tag Archives: heroic virtue
From a reader:
I know that the Church teaches that people that die in a state of mortal sin cannot go to Heaven. However, can martyrs killed in a state of mortal sin still go to Heaven?
Excellent question, and one that … Continue reading
Recently, the Congregation for Causes of Saints issued the decree concerning the “heroic virtues” of then-Servant of God Paul VI. The decree has now been promulgated by the Roman Pontiff. Thus, we may now call Paul VI “Venerable”.
What was at … Continue reading
Apparently on 10 Dec, last, the Congregation for Saints issued the decree concerning the heroic virtues of Servant of God Pope Paul VI.
The decree must be promulgated by His Holiness of Our Lord, Pope Benedict XVI, now gloriously reigning, before … Continue reading
Today the Holy Father authorized the promugation of the decree concerning the “heroic virtues” of now Venerable Fulton J. Sheen.
Also, note the same for the former Prelate of Opus Dei.
Vatican City, (VIS) – Today, during a private audience with … Continue reading
Benedict XVI: A Decree about Heroic Virtues and the extension of a Saint’s cult to the universal Church
The cause for beatification of a Servant of God important for the north-central United States had a big step forward today.
I read in the Bolletino today that His Holiness of our Lord promulgated a decree from the Congregation for the … Continue reading
It is both inspiring and sobering to read of the decrees about heroic virtues and also about martyrdoms. Every single one of us are called to the former and some of us may be called to the later.
I … Continue reading
I found this on Spirit Daily which doesn’t link here nearly often enough
This is an article entitled
Bl. John Paul’s former personal secretary, Stanislaw Card. Dziwisz, now Archbishop of Krakow, spoke of two times the late Pope got angry.
He also revealed … Continue reading
The title of "Venerable" is given to those whom Holy Church determined within a reasonable doubt lived a heroic life of virtue. The Congregation for Causes of Saints examines the documentation presented to make the case that the Servant of … Continue reading