- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- Nan said Fr. visiting priest from Boston is in town for Bis...
- Maria said Fr. Michel-Marie, a Cassock in Deep Marseille R...
- ies0716 said This is consistent with the way traditionalist cri...
- philbert said The cassock has advantages, as even Anglicans reco...
- Elizabeth D said Good call, CNS. His article was inappropriate and...
- Elizabeth D said “He can easily stash away enough money to bu...
- Magpie said “We invite you to criticize our institutions witho...
- tcreek said I would suspect this action will cause an outburst...
- Absit invidia said I was once criticized by a youth minister for usin...
- Unwilling said I have not seen a priest wearing a cassock in seve...
- Legisperitus said That first list of bullet points is happily remini...
- Saint1106 said Cassocks are are very useful, easy to take on and...
- Per Signum Crucis said Rachel K, Three actually. And I think that Basher...
- Mike said [TLM:] St. Jerome calls Isaiah an evangelist. Ma...
- Priam1184 said @jm You’re right I think. It’s all a...
- slainewe said From the point of view of a sinner, why omit somet...
- Geoffrey said It’s funny. I am very much a “say the...
- jm said IF Jamie were right about His Holiness’ blindness...
- kevinm said Chimed in…thank you. AMDG, Kevin
- Priam1184 said Thanks Father for posting this.
- Fr Tim Finigan said Your advice is very sensible, Father. As tininrich...
- SKAY said http://davidgibson.religionnews.com/2013/12/06/fox...
- hicks said What about a fairly traditional crucifix, only the...
- Mike said This may be my favorite Hopkins poem. Thanks for p...
- tominrichmond said The FSSP use the second Confiteor. When I inquire...
- jacobi said As and when I get to a Latin Lass, the second Conf...
- wanda said Thanks, Fr. Z.
- Elizabeth D said The bird on the table is an orange fronted conure...
- Elizabeth D said I feel that in our efforts to celebrate the Mass o...
- Pastor in Valle said Father, your reply is very sensible and just what...
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- Critic of Pope Francis loses gig with Catholic News Service
- QUAERITUR: Deacon tried to intimidate me out of wearing the cassock.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- QUAERITUR: Second Confiteor… should I refuse to do it?
- The Blessed Virgin compared to the Air we Breathe
- ADVENTCAzT 08: 2nd Sunday of Advent – “Time which is lost returneth not”
- The Feeder Feed: Of Storks and Self-absorbed Promethean Neopelagians
- St. Edith Stein’s dialogue between Ambrose and Augustine
- Fishwrap attacks Francis AGAIN in the matter of women’s ordination
- 7 December: St. Ambrose of Milan
- St. Ambrose read without moving his lips!
- ADVENTCAzT 07: 1st Saturday of Advent – “Tota pulchra est Maria”
- The Feeder Feed: Christological Goldfinch Sighting!
- Andrew Napolitano reacts to Pope Francis comments on economics
- ADVENTCAzT 06: 1st Friday of Advent – “boogeymen”
- You have GOT to be joking: Making the sacred as ugly as sin!
- “Antinomianism in high places” – Canonist Ed Peters on divorce, remarriage, Communion
- QUAERITUR: Am I being selfish for not reading at Mass?
- Some reading options… including a Chinese invasion of Seattle!
- ADVENTCAzT 05: 1st Thursday of Advent – “Our miserable flesh”
- Fox News opinion piece BLASTS Pope Francis as “the Catholic Church’s Obama”
- Why don’t as many men go to church as women?
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 450 years ago today: Council of Trent closed!
- Active Participation … for WHOM?
- “If you want your Latin in the Mass, you can keep your Latin in the Mass. PERIOD!”
- 50 years ago today: BUGNINICARE!
- QUAERITUR: Can choristers receive Communion after Mass?
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
For for thought:
Those who have least power in the decline of a State, are priests, soldiers, the mothers of many children, the lovers of one woman, and saints.
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded— here and there, now and then— are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty. This is known as ‘bad luck.’”
- Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Tag Archives: HHS mandate
Thousands to Join Hobby Lobby Appreciation Day Over Mandate Fight
Tens of thousands of Americans have committed to support the Christian crafts store Hobby Lobby on January 5 after courts have refused to issued an ruling stopping the Obama HHS … Continue reading
U.S. Bishops call for project of prayer, fasting to begin 30 DECEMBER to defend Life, Marriage, Religious Liberty – FR Z POLL
Please use the sharing buttons! Thanks!
Did you know that the Bishops of these United States of America have asked for Catholics to pray, fast and abstain on Fridays, and take part in a holy hour each month?
Call To … Continue reading
From the Catholic News Herald of the Diocese of Charlotte:
Government must rewrite HHS mandate by March 31, court orders
WASHINGTON, D.C. — A federal appeals court in Washington, D.C., has sided with Belmont Abbey College in its lawsuit challenging the Obama administration’s … Continue reading
In the light of the Obama Administration’s attack on our religious freedom, this piece deserves wide circulation:
A Man for This Season, and All Seasons
by Charles J. Chaput
within Religion and the Public Square
December 19th, 2012
There is only one Thomas More: A … Continue reading
High-living, big-spending, bloated, decadent, parasitical, wastrel monarchy v. Citizen-executive of a republic of limited government
Mark Steyn made an interesting point in his recent piece HERE:
[Pres. Obama] and his family are about to jet off on their Christmas vacation to watch America slide off the fiscal cliff from the luxury beach resort of Kailua. The … Continue reading
Card. Dolan at USCCB about HHS mandate: Bishops will “not violate our consciences and not obey what we consider to be something immoral”
Conference of Catholic Bishops on HHS Mandate: We Will ‘Not Obey What We Consider to Be Immoral’
(CNSNews.com) – Cardinal Timothy Dolan, president of the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops, says the Roman Catholic Church will continue to resist the … Continue reading
This is what your taxes fund:
United Nations Declares Access To Contraception A ‘Universal Human Right’
For the first time, the U.N. Population Fund (UNFPA) explicitly described family planning as a ‘universal human right.’ In its annual report, the organization said that … Continue reading
From CNA about the address the Apostolic Nuncio, Archbishop Carlo Maria Viganò, gave at “Notre Shame”, aka “The Scene of the Crime”, with my emphases and comments:
Papal nuncio: Catholic division undermines religious freedom
South Bend, Ind., Nov 12, 2012 / 07:08 … Continue reading
The McClatchy newspaper group has not been, to my knowledge, very friendly toward the Catholic Church. At McClatchyDC we find this:
Bishop orders priests to read anti-Obama letter at Sunday sermons
CHICAGO — Joining the chorus of Roman Catholic clergy in Illinois … Continue reading
Pro-Abortion Biden Claims He’s a “Practicing Catholic” In New Ad
by Steven Ertelt
In a last-ditch effort to get Catholic voters to support pro-abortion President Barack Obama, Vice-President Joe Biden, who also backs abortion, has released a new web ad. In … Continue reading