"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Matthias1 said Sigh; my parents’ priest also uses only the...
- avecrux said What strikes me is how patronizing this is: poor l...
- Matthias1 said Yes, welcome “everyone,” but by all me...
- Charles E Flynn said I wonder if this important article was overlooked...
- Charivari Rob said “When asked by the host to comment on Pope F...
- LarryW2LJ said The problem with “Progressives” is tha...
- wolfeken said If nothing else, the last year and a half has cert...
- Rob22 said TNCath. I disagree. Schism? So the orthodox Cathol...
- Jerry said re: Mum26 – “He had all the good inten...
- gracie said A few years back, I attended a Sunday evening Mass...
- Royse87 said “In the trenches”, “in touch wit...
- thomas tucker said Contrast all of this blather with what Our Lord sa...
- Back pew sitter said After putting up with that video I found some ligh...
- JesusFreak84 said …..They’re based in Canada, ne? Well,...
- rtjl said The lay people finally [?] feel like their voice i...
- Rich said The tail is really wagging the dog when an Extraor...
- Mike said Nothing prevents any of us from asking Miss Ambros...
- msc said The ivory tower comment is obviously unjust in Ben...
- TNCath said I fear a schism coming.
- Back pew sitter said Who on earth is this Alicia Ambrosio? Why is anyo...
- SaintJude6 said Regarding Ambrosio: My grandmother said that, in t...
- Jerry said re: “real life is messy ” Mostly becau...
- Rob22 said The problem is whatever side one is on, this Synod...
- Sam Schmitt said Ambrosio also disparaged the previous papacies of...
- Elizabeth D said I find all this so baffling. Same sex attracted pe...
- The Masked Chicken said I recommend having the choir in the last rows in t...
- The Masked Chicken said The other issue is that if I avoided going to Comm...
- The Masked Chicken said This is a bit confusing. Just yesterday, I submit...
- Jacob said jhayes at 22 October 2014 at 4:22 pm, No, thatR...
- Dr. Edward Peters said Well, Cdl. Kasper said journalists were going to t...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Salt and Light attacks Card. Burke: sticking to the ideal instead of ministering to people
- ASK FATHER: The priest changes many things during Mass
- ASK FATHER: Placement of choir
- Michael Voris, Card. Burke… corrections
- ROME – Day 3: Vestments, cont. Other stuff.
- 22 October: Sts. Nunilo and Alodia! Virgins and Martyrs
- ROME – Day 2: Vestments edition
- Oh the humanity!
- D. Pittsburgh: Extraordinary Form Parish
- Pope Francis, Pope
- Sistine Chapel “rented” out to Porsche?
- Helen Hull Hitchcock – RIP
- ROMA – Day 1: Hitting the ground running
- Card. Kasper invokes journalist war against another Cardinal?
- My View For Awhile: Midtown Tunnel Edition
- Extraordinary Synod on Family is, thanks be to God, over.
- VIDEO: Stop this and watch this
- ASK FATHER: Prayer for the Holy Father’s intention?
- NYC Day 2: Benedict Edition
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- WDTPRS Collect 19th Sunday after Pentecost- “Why did God make you?”
- Wherein Card. Burke is compared to Archbp. Lefebvre
- WDTPRS 29th Ordinary Sunday: “bear with me” – glory and pregnancy
- Pope Francis’ final address to the Synod as it closes
- NYC Day 1: Pastrami Edition
- Hell’s Bible’s editorial on the Synod
- Views on the Synod right now
- What Card. Burke really said to BuzzFeed
- ASK FATHER: Lay people purifying vessels at Mass
- Card Sarah of Africa on Synod
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity
New Christmas Music CD from the only Catholic Boys Choir School in these USA!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Tag Archives: Holy Communion
His Hermeneuticalness, my friend the soon-to-be-moving Fr. Tim Finigan has a great post on an important topic. HERE
He brings up the point of receiving Holy Communion in such a way that it becomes “routine”.
I suggest that people examine their consciences … Continue reading
At the UK’s best Catholic weekly, The Catholic Herald, William Oddie has his say about Card. Kasper, his odd notions about Communion for the divorced and remarried, the upcoming Synod and Pope Francis.
Read the whole thing HERE, but I can … Continue reading
An old friend of mine, Msgr. Charles Mangan noticed my answer about safeguarding the Blessed Sacrament and sent me this to share with you.
“Ten Commandments of Reverence for the Most Blessed Sacrament”
Monsignor Charles M. Mangan
1. Attend Holy Mass on Sundays … Continue reading
Ed Peters, distinguished canonist, posted at his blog, In The Light Of The Law, about the upcoming autumn Synod on the family. He has no combox over there, but you should visit his place.
I suggest a careful reading of what … Continue reading
My friend Fr. Gerald Murray has a fine piece at The Catholic Thing about His Eminence Walter Card. Kasper’s odd proposals about the divorced and remarried, his notion that they can be, in their adulterous relations, tolerated but not accepted at … Continue reading
From a reader:
If a person is remarried with children and cannot get an annulment on their first marriage do they have to divorce before they can receive communion? Does not receiving communion mean a persons eternal life is in jeopardy? Is it better … Continue reading
From a reader…
Father, I receive communion on the tongue while kneeling. Recently, a priest has begun to make an issue that while I am already in the position for communion with my mouth open and tongue out, he demands a … Continue reading
Those of who who read Italian my be interested in an article of Marco Tosatti posted at La Stampa which purports to reconstruct some of the discussion in the now-not-so-Secret Consistory during which Card. Kasper delivered his extremely long and now … Continue reading
From a reader… I came across this post, and I have some questions. I am not a Catholic, but I am a lawyer, and I wish to understand canon law.
1. You mentioned that “when you come up to Fr. Z … Continue reading
A friend sent me a note with a link to an article on a Kansas City, MO, news site. I wrote on this a few days ago, but am just returning to it now.
The note from my friend included this … Continue reading