Search Fr. Z’s Blog
“Rigid”? Pfffft. “Faithful!” No priest’s desk or kitchen is complete without one, for young, old, and priests in general.
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
I had to change the way that people go to amazon to buy things because... you know... why make it easy?. So, just click the link below. Once you're in, you're good to shop.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Don’t rely on popes, bishops and priests.
“Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, and the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests act like priests, your bishops act like bishops.”
- Fulton Sheen
Therefore, ACTIVATE YOUR CONFIRMATION and get to work!
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
My Twitter – @fatherz
Beautiful, heirloom quality Rosaries
Fr. Z’s Blog is a Founding Member of…
“The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
2020 TLM Pilgrimage to the Holy Land
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Anita Moore, O.P.(lay): I guess this idea of internal papal schism underlies the concept, attributed to St. Robert Bellarmine , that a Pope can by heresy forfeit his officeR 30;? If this concept...
- Kerry: After the word “Pea ce”, and before the “Ame n”, they omitted, “ 230;inde venturus est judicare vivos et mortuos 221;.
- Charles E Flynn: From FSSP Ordination in Providence , Rhode Island, October 26: On Saturday, October 26th, the Rev. William Rock, a deacon of the FSSP, will be ordained to the Priesthood by His...
- kurtmasur: The sad part is that under Francis, this type of satire is not funny̷ 0;. in fact, it’s very realistic. It might even give Francis and his cronies new ideas. Yikes̷ 0;.
- tho: Pope Francis is trying to do for the church what Peron did for Argentina. I have read, that it was said, that before Peron, Argentina was on the verge of becoming the Switzerlan d of South...
- MaHrad: A 29 year old here so not pre-Vatica n II. But I enjoy seeing priests in their cassock. To me, maybe because it is so counter cultural, it brings a sense of calm in the form of a remin...
- RLseven: Some see propaganda in this prayer, but I’m quiet certain that whoever the person or group is that wrote this prayer did so with heartfelt intention. I believe God hears/rece ives...
- Gab: The detail, the intricacie s, the craftsmans hip in the Spada chapel – just breathtaki ng. What a beautiful monument to God. It always amazes me how a sculptor can make stone and marble...
- Amerikaner: Predicted at Garabandal – “som ething like a schismR 21; and a synod serves as a pre-warnin g.
- beelady: Thank you for this, Father. I found it very interestin g. I hope that Fr. Weinandy is correct and catholic women are part of the solution. I for one, am ready and willing to fight!
- Spade: My dad worked with a visiting Italian guy for a bit and he was shocked that Americans sent cash and checks through the US postal service.
- AA Cunningham: We acknowledg e the diverse and abundant gifts of our country 217;s Indigenous Peoples.(s ic) Correction : We acknowledg e the diverse and abundant gifts of our country 217;s...
- Anita Moore, O.P.(lay): I just finished Christus Vincit yesterday. It is indeed a very important book. If you haven’t got it…g et it. And read it.
- Philmont237: FrAnt, Geographer here. When the word “earth” is referring to the planet Earth then it is properly capitalize d. However, I agreed With you. I don’t think that this is what they are...
- teomatteo: I suppose that one’ s bishop will signal if he is apart of the ‘int ernal papal schmatic churchR 17;. He will get promoted and move on and the rest of us pray for a...
- Ms. M-S: Okay, pray to Jupiter Pluvius, Great Mystery, even Vesuvius. Crank religion from trees Or wherever you please But its provenance still remains dubious. If only one knew how to stop This...
- mysticalrose: I am almost finished the book and it has done me so much spiritual good. We’ve been gaslighted for so long that you start to think that maybe we’re just… ;wrong. Christus Vincit...
- Spinmamma: Another post filled with beauty (thank you so much for the close up photos of the details) , history, tradition and faithfulne ss. How jarring to see the juxtaposit ion of the “...
- acardnal: Good stuff! Thank you.
- Suburbanbanshee: Glad you are feeling better. Being sick while traveling stinks. OTOH, as long as you are not exhausted by it, all that walking and breathing and real incense has to help! The...
- FrAnt: In the Indigenous Peoples 217; prayer, the word “Ear th” is capitalize d, and not proceeded by the determiner “the ” like what follows, “the waters, etc.. Is...
- SanSan: I’m currently finishing Cardinal Sarah̵ 7;s book and Bishop Schneider& #8217;s book. Both readings cannot be rushed. So much to meditate on. God bless all those Princes of the...
- FN: I just finished reading it. Wonderful book. I particular ly liked the parts about angels and Fatima. This should be read by all who care about Truth clearly and beautifull y expressed! Bishop...
- Dad of Six: Looking forward to the 2019 Call to Holiness Conference and Pontifical Mass (October 26th and 27th) with Cardinal Burke. Only eleven more days!
- Kevin: Wow! Three of the best Princes of the Church! And what are they wearing? Are they permitted to wear those in public? :) I just received Bishop Schneider& #8217;s book… ;as soon as I...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- 2016: Ecumenical Exchange Program with winged Mayan snake god Kukulkan
- PODCAzT 178: Fr. Weinandy and the possible “Internal Papal Schism”
- Bp. Schneider’s talk at the presentation of the book: Christus Vincit
- ROME DAY 12: Chapels Stupid and Stupendous, Important Book and Talks
- ACTION ITEM! Baptismal Font for Rome’s Traditional Parish – UPDATE
- ROME DAY 11: Butchers, Roman Rosary, and an Odd Dessert
- ROME DAY 10: Conference, Requiem and Guts
- ASK FATHER: When could priests wear casual attire?
- ROME DAY 9: Campo, Clams and a Canonization Sonnet
- ASK FATHER: How to protest, perhaps in Rome?
- ASK FATHER: Cocktail advice for Our Lady of Victory
- ROME DAY 8: Bridges, Inscriptions, Cheeses
- Mass for Benefactors ,11 Oct, and Requiem
- “Supertradmum” (Marie Dean): R.I.P.
- ROME DAY 7: Weird Amazon Stuff, Death and a Spatula
- The Holy See: Goat Rodeo
- #AmazonSynod, optional celibacy, divorced and remarried priests, and Amoris Laetitia
- ROME DAY 6: Twisty Tower, Tuna, and “Tini”
- “Amazon rite” proposed at Amazon Synod: more condescension to follow
- A priest opines on the effect of optional priestly celibacy
- Amazon Synod and deaconettes?
- ROME DAY 5: Marks, Medieval Lions, and Mussolini Trees
- #AmazonSynod -1st attack on the Priesthood: The Cassock
- INDULGENCE 1st Sunday of October – Supplication to O.L. of Pompeii
- ROME DAY 4: Carbonara, Caravaggio, altar idiocy
- ROME DAY 3: The Bones of Borgia Popes
- Freemasonic, Gnostic, Satanic influences, tactics
- ASK FATHER: How to “activate” or “invoke” the Sacrament of Confirmation?
- Mere days after meeting with Jesuit homosexualist, Francis witnesses pagan ceremony in garden
- ACTION ITEM! Fr. Z calls for prayer, fasting in defense of the Church
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Because it matters what children read…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Tag Archives: Holy Communion
From a reader… QUAERITUR: When a priest arrives at a sick person’s house in order to provide Communion, should the Communion rite happen immediately upon arrival? I presume that tea, biscuits and chatting should certainly not happen beforehand? I was … Continue reading
From a reader… QUAERITUR: I have a question about the number of times Holy Communion May be received in a day. And I know the answer sort of. The question is, if you may receive twice in the same day … Continue reading
QUAERITUR: You wrote in a recent post, “Holy Communion for the divorced and remarried (which in 99.99% of cases would be sacrilege).” Can you tell me what scenario would permit your conscience to give communion to the remarried? I can … Continue reading
From a reader… QUAERITUR: Would it be wrong to receive the Eucharist attending the Saturday Mass of Anticipation & Sunday Mass? [Both with the same Liturgy]. Since matters of reception of the Eucharist in Communion more than once in a … Continue reading
From a reader… QUAERITUR: One of the precepts of the Church states we are to receive Holy Communion at Easter. I always wondered if that meant Easter Mass or during the Easter season. My 1962 Missal say Easter (period) but … Continue reading
I have had my eye on John Card. Onaiyekan, archbishop of Abuja in Nigeria, for some time. There was recently a Eucharistic Congress in the Philippines. Since Archbp. Piero Marini (former MC to JP2) is in charge of these conferences … Continue reading
Here we go again. Pope Francis has offered some confusing observations about the possibility of Lutherans receiving Holy Communion in the Catholic Church. I’m getting email… angry… alarmed… confused… sad… above all demoralized. Edward Pentin has the best press breakdown … Continue reading
From a reader… QUAERITUR: In the Extraordinary Form of the Holy Mass (EF), are Deacons (either transitional or permanent) allowed to distribute Holy Communion? Or is this a faculty reserved to only the Priest and Bishop? On the Correct Handling … Continue reading
Here is an interesting contrast. First, a snip from an off-the-cuff, non-Magisterial remark of Pope Francis during a daily homily. Note his disparaging words about “doctors of the law”. Hmmm… it seems to me that there is something missing. Of … Continue reading
From a reader… QUAERITUR: Hello Fr. I am coordinator of our Extraordinary Ministers of Communion. But we have a very troublesome one. He attends every mass and receives Holy Communion at every mass up to six times a day. The … Continue reading
UPDATED: 14 Nov: ORIGINAL Published on: Nov 13, 2014 At the French language site L’Homme Nouveau there is an interesting post about a question a priest posed to the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith. He asked the Congregation: «Un confesseur … Continue reading
His Eminence Robert Card. Sarah of the Pontifical Council Cor Unum addressed a conference of Catholic charitable organizations, having a special reference to the encyclicals of Benedict XVI, Deus caritas est and Caritas in veritate. Here is a CNA account: Vatican … Continue reading
His Hermeneuticalness, my friend the soon-to-be-moving Fr. Tim Finigan has a great post on an important topic. HERE He brings up the point of receiving Holy Communion in such a way that it becomes “routine”. I suggest that people examine … Continue reading
At the UK’s best Catholic weekly, The Catholic Herald, William Oddie has his say about Card. Kasper, his odd notions about Communion for the divorced and remarried, the upcoming Synod and Pope Francis. Read the whole thing HERE, but I … Continue reading
An old friend of mine, Msgr. Charles Mangan noticed my answer about safeguarding the Blessed Sacrament and sent me this to share with you. “Ten Commandments of Reverence for the Most Blessed Sacrament” Monsignor Charles M. Mangan 1. Attend Holy … Continue reading