Not to be missed…
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Chris in Maryland 2: That moment in the film is where art becomes worship. Fitting praise for the heroic Son of Man.
- G1j: Our priest had to beg/threat en the congregati on because only a few of us got up after the homily. He took what he could get. Sad state of affairs these days. He threatened that the Mass...
- Charivari Rob: One belated thought 230; It is possible that these relics/sou venirs/mem ento mori (whatever term best suits) would have to be encased (or else cleaned to the point of being...
- bourgja: It seems that we are making this overly complicate d. “Liq uids do not break the fast” ; is a very straightfo rward statement, and manualists such as Noldin list water, milk,...
- capchoirgirl: Yup, same here. Buckets of tears. It’s a perfect moment.
- CradleRevert: I just watched this the other night. That’ ;s the moment that always gets me too. Everything about the scene is perfect: the moment, the editing, the soundtrack . It̵...
- maternalView: Oh my they are beautiful! Brought tears to my eyes.
- SanSan: After Good Friday 3 hr services, we began our Divine Mercy Novena, then returned home to watch The Passion. I’m with you Fr. Z. When He falls and Our Mother run’ s to HimR...
- Gab: Cry, not dry!
- Gab: I just dry through it all.
- Mariana2: Thanks, Father!
- Bonaventurian: I tend to get emotional when He’s praying for them as they drive the nails into His feet and when Mary kisses His feet. I didn’ ;t watch it until late last night because...
- Pius Admirabilis: Father, I have the exact same reaction to the exact same scene! When we see how Jesus falls as a child, and Mary rushes to Him – and then He falls under the Holy Cross and...
- Ms. M-S: Yes. And I think, every time I come to that part in the movie, that it means all of us as well.
- JustaSinner: Listened to your podcast of Stations for priests while praying the prescribed prayer 33 times. Best day this year… ;
- Gab: @ The Egyptian, I don’ t think much of those comments. Seems a bit of envy going on. As for the cost, the aim is to do something beautiful for God, have good quality vestments that last...
- Spinmamma: Yes, that movie is very difficult to watch as I weep through most of it. However, I force myself to watch it every Good Friday. My way of standing with Mary at the foot of the cross.
- The Egyptian: thought you might enjoy Southern Orders blogger Fr. Allan J. McDonald,s posting on your new vestments, especially the comments. https://so uthernorde rspage.blo gspot.com/ 2019/04...
- arcillajohn: So beautiful! !!
- TheBackPew: Ditto, that is my #1 moment as well. And He did.
- Kathleen10: They look terrific. I would especially like them for Marian days because of the blue.
- Kathleen10: Is that the moment when she sees Him as her little boy? Yes, just saying that in my mind makes my eyes water. Every mother sees her baby in that moment and feels her pain.
- Diana: Me too. Such a perfect movie.
- bibi1003: I read at LifeSite News today that 3 days before this man showed up at St. Patrick 217;s, he was arrested for trespassin g at NewarkR 17;s Sacred Heart Cathedral. It was also...
- Charles E Flynn: Amazon.com ’s listing for the DVD Definitive Edition shows a Blu-ray Definitive Edition, but when you click its button, you get the regular Blu-ray. The ASIN for the Blu-ray...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- LENTCAzT 2019 46 – Holy Saturday: The Harrowing of Hell
- POLL: Foot-washing on Holy Thursday where you are – ORDINARY FORM
- “Behold, I make all things new.”
- #GoodFriday and You: Prayers for Holy Souls in Purgatory and Plenary Indulgences
- STATIONS OF THE CROSS – Audio from Fr. Z
- Good Friday Reminder: Fasting, Abstaining, and You
- LENTCAzT 2019 45 – Good Friday: The ultimate pulpit
- TMSM: Holy Thursday Mass with the new vestments
- A good article in Crisis about France. Fr. Z adds a short rant.
- LENTCAzT 2019 44 – Holy Thursday: Sin is in the blood
- So a guy with gas cans walks into @StPatsNYC in Midtown Manhattan…
- ARRIVED: Tenebrae Hearse! And a successful bout with Zuhlsdorf’s Law
- PRAYERCAzT: What does the Latin Exorcism really sound like? FOR PRIESTS ONLY – UPDATED
- Fundraising idea for #NotreDame
- VIDEO: Interview with Fr. Jean-Marc Fournier
- WDTPRS – Spy Wednesday, the last Collect of Lent
- VIDEO: Interior of #NotreDame after the fire. WHEW!
- LENTCAzT 2019 43 – Wednesday of Holy Week: In a cataclysm, something must be salvaged.
- VIDEO – The last rite in #NotreDame was… this?
- About #NotreDame and the fire and the altar. Just sayin’…
- Fr. Z rants about #NotreDame fire and the Faith in the Church’s “eldest daughter”
- Inside burning #NotreDame a human chain saved relics, Blessed Sacrament. Fr. Jean-Marc Fournier – OORAH!
- Happy Birthday, Benedict XVI! Ad multos vivas faustissimos annos
- LENTCAzT 2019 42 – Tuesday of Holy Week: It wasn’t a suggestion
- An early ALLELUIA for the vaulting of #NotreDame – It held!
- Fire – roof of Notre Dame of Paris – Will this shock awaken the Faith?
- LENTCAzT 2019 41 – Monday of Holy Week: Cleansing costs
- POLL: @GameOfThrones – Final Season #GoTS8
- Your Palm Sunday Sermon Notes
- LENTCAzT 2019 40 – Palm Sunday: Something borrowed
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Tag Archives: Holy Communion
From a reader… QUAERITUR: When a priest arrives at a sick person’s house in order to provide Communion, should the Communion rite happen immediately upon arrival? I presume that tea, biscuits and chatting should certainly not happen beforehand? I was … Continue reading
From a reader… QUAERITUR: I have a question about the number of times Holy Communion May be received in a day. And I know the answer sort of. The question is, if you may receive twice in the same day … Continue reading
QUAERITUR: You wrote in a recent post, “Holy Communion for the divorced and remarried (which in 99.99% of cases would be sacrilege).” Can you tell me what scenario would permit your conscience to give communion to the remarried? I can … Continue reading
From a reader… QUAERITUR: Would it be wrong to receive the Eucharist attending the Saturday Mass of Anticipation & Sunday Mass? [Both with the same Liturgy]. Since matters of reception of the Eucharist in Communion more than once in a … Continue reading
From a reader… QUAERITUR: One of the precepts of the Church states we are to receive Holy Communion at Easter. I always wondered if that meant Easter Mass or during the Easter season. My 1962 Missal say Easter (period) but … Continue reading
I have had my eye on John Card. Onaiyekan, archbishop of Abuja in Nigeria, for some time. There was recently a Eucharistic Congress in the Philippines. Since Archbp. Piero Marini (former MC to JP2) is in charge of these conferences … Continue reading
Here we go again. Pope Francis has offered some confusing observations about the possibility of Lutherans receiving Holy Communion in the Catholic Church. I’m getting email… angry… alarmed… confused… sad… above all demoralized. Edward Pentin has the best press breakdown … Continue reading
From a reader… QUAERITUR: In the Extraordinary Form of the Holy Mass (EF), are Deacons (either transitional or permanent) allowed to distribute Holy Communion? Or is this a faculty reserved to only the Priest and Bishop? On the Correct Handling … Continue reading
Here is an interesting contrast. First, a snip from an off-the-cuff, non-Magisterial remark of Pope Francis during a daily homily. Note his disparaging words about “doctors of the law”. Hmmm… it seems to me that there is something missing. Of … Continue reading
From a reader… QUAERITUR: Hello Fr. I am coordinator of our Extraordinary Ministers of Communion. But we have a very troublesome one. He attends every mass and receives Holy Communion at every mass up to six times a day. The … Continue reading
UPDATED: 14 Nov: ORIGINAL Published on: Nov 13, 2014 At the French language site L’Homme Nouveau there is an interesting post about a question a priest posed to the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith. He asked the Congregation: «Un confesseur … Continue reading
His Eminence Robert Card. Sarah of the Pontifical Council Cor Unum addressed a conference of Catholic charitable organizations, having a special reference to the encyclicals of Benedict XVI, Deus caritas est and Caritas in veritate. Here is a CNA account: Vatican … Continue reading
His Hermeneuticalness, my friend the soon-to-be-moving Fr. Tim Finigan has a great post on an important topic. HERE He brings up the point of receiving Holy Communion in such a way that it becomes “routine”. I suggest that people examine … Continue reading
At the UK’s best Catholic weekly, The Catholic Herald, William Oddie has his say about Card. Kasper, his odd notions about Communion for the divorced and remarried, the upcoming Synod and Pope Francis. Read the whole thing HERE, but I … Continue reading
An old friend of mine, Msgr. Charles Mangan noticed my answer about safeguarding the Blessed Sacrament and sent me this to share with you. “Ten Commandments of Reverence for the Most Blessed Sacrament” Monsignor Charles M. Mangan 1. Attend Holy … Continue reading