You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- Cosmos said Oops: inserted a “not” in fron of ...
- Cosmos said Fr Martin, Beautiful post, thank you for taking th...
- smad0142 said @Cheesesteak Expert Sure the Filioque (properly un...
- The Sicilian Woman said I’m adding this to my Rosary novena. Thank...
- Fr Martin Fox said Cosmos: Yes, but…I guess it all depends on t...
- FeedieB said I have had a hard time too understanding Papa Fran...
- RoyceReed said http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxcOv4zPoVo If I ha...
- robtbrown said The Masked Chicken says, So, redemption is for all...
- RobertK said A long video, but definately worth sharing. Coptic...
- RobertK said Being able to attend a Pontifical Mass in the Extr...
- modestinus said I was hoping to get into this thread sooner, parti...
- Raylan Alleman said This could well be applied to dads toward their fa...
- RobertK said I also enjoyed the meeting between the Sees of Ro...
- rtjl said A very worthwhile read on the subject of the divis...
- Cosmos said The Church has always thought that purposefully co...
- RobertK said Thanks Father. This was one of the most memorable...
- Suburbanbanshee said Re: not praying with heretics, I think people are...
- Bob B. said Francis (and Benedict before him) ask all to pray...
- Father G said @Kate, You did not mention specifically the name o...
- priests wife said Thank you Fr Z for your balanced approach. As a By...
- Suburbanbanshee said If you’re traveling somewhere there’s...
- Ignatius said @OrthodoxLinguist says: “The essence-energie...
- No, the Pope Didn’t Just Say All Atheists Go to Heaven – The Atlantic | ENTERTAINMENT BLACKPOOL said [...] the focus on atheism, as breathtaking has th...
- Dr. Edward Peters said Hi folks. As everyone knows, it takes far more tim...
- JabbaPapa said We have been blessed with an extraordinary success...
- Mary Jane said Obviously it is baptism that makes a person Cathol...
- Joe in Canada said and as Jesuit, May 24 would be significant to him...
- StWinefride said Pope Francis: “that we might return to the f...
- Fr Martin Fox said Sometimes people will complain, why do our bishops...
- Fredi D'Alessio said “This book keeps you needing to read from it...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- Pope Francis’ Prayer to Mary
- QUAERITUR: Greek island without a Catholic church on Sunday
- Praise ye him, O sun and moon: praise him, all ye stars and light.
- Pope Francis on the possibility of salvation for atheists
- A Pastor’s Page: We are Catholic to the extent that we accept Church teaching in its entirety.
- Pope Francis and the “exorcism”
- A priest reacts to priests reacting to the new translation
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- A new Catholic “whistle-blower” group
- Ed Peters on the suicide at Notre-Dame de Paris
- QUAERITUR: Can Father require all servers to stand to receive Communion?
- Lest We Forget: Of surveys, liturgical translations and whining
- Disasters, Death, and You
- Learning from disaster
- ATTENTION PRIESTS
- OLDIE PODCAzT 119: The Holy Name and Blasphemy
- WDTPRS POLL: All-male sanctuary/altar service and vocations to the priesthood.
- QUAERITUR: The colors of altar boy cassocks
- Quilisma by Quilisma! ROME: A Masters Degree in Gregorian Chant!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Your Good News
- St. Golden Girl
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
- Beauty break
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Grab and Go Food Kit… 3 servings per day for 1 adult for 4 weeks or 4 adults for 1 week
Tag Archives: Holy Innocents
My trip to the nation’s Capitol has the painter Brumidi fresh in my mind.
Here is some great news sent from a friend in New York City about more work by Brumidi together with a sacred event everyone in the area … Continue reading
Anyone in the New York City area should want to know that at the Church of the Holy Innocents an all night vigil is held on 1st Fridays.
Holy Innocents is 128 West 37th Street (between Broadway and 7th). It is … Continue reading
Everyone in the NYC area (if you have power and you can read this) will want to know about this event:
Fr. John Berg, FSSP, Superior General of the Priestly Fraternity of St. Peter, will celebrate a Solemn Mass for the … Continue reading
If you are in the NYC area, you might mark your calendar for 26 March. There will be a Pontifical Mass in the Extraordinary Form at Holy Innocents Church in Manhattan (on 37th between Broadway and 7th).
The Knights of Columbus … Continue reading
On First Fridays at Holy Innocents in Manhattan (on 37th btn Broadway & 7th) there is an all night vigil.
It begins tonight with a Solemn Mass at 6 PM (followed tonight by the Blessing of Throats for St. Blaise Day).
Exposition … Continue reading
Lully, lulla, thou little tiny child,
By by, lully lullay, thou little tiny child,
By by, lully lullay.
O sisters too, How may we do
For to preserve this day
This poor youngling,
For whom we do sing,
By by, lully lullay?
Lully, lulla, thou little tiny child,
By … Continue reading
At The New York Daily News there is a piece about the new, corrected translation and there is a POLL which you should use.
My emphases and comments.
Catholic Church unveils strict Latin translation, biggest change to Mass in 40 years
New English-version … Continue reading
In Manhattan, at the famous Holy Innocents Church (37th St btwn Bdwy & 7th), there will be on 2 November, All Souls, an 8:30 AM Low Mass and 6:00 pm Solemn TLM (with deacon and subdeacon) in Gregorian chant.
Friday, 4 … Continue reading
Today, Thursday, 23 June at 6 pm there will be a Solemn Mass in the Extraordinary Form, followed by a procession with the Blessed Sacrament, in Manhattan, NYC, at the Church of the Holy Innocents (128 W 37th – btw … Continue reading
Those of you in the area of NYC, can go to Holy Innocents in Manhattan (37th btwn Brdwy & 7th) for a Solemn Mass in the Extraordinary Form (would that I were celebrant!) tomorrow evening, Thursday.. Ascension THURSDAY.
Thursday evening at … Continue reading