Fr. Z’s Rome Trip Fund…CLICK TO SEND ME FAR AWAY!
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- downyduck said Went to a fundraiser tonight to bring Catholic rad...
- Mike said Mike, fellow name-sharer, thank you for giving me...
- Cantor said Is there a particular reason they use “spons...
- Dennis said Scott – “As a Catholic, I too would e...
- Elizabeth D said That is so evil. First they got the sisters to all...
- jhayes said i looked up the speech and found the reference to...
- Geoffrey said “Now if we could only get St. Michael, St. J...
- Matt R said Supertradmum, it’s none of his business, and...
- Matt R said On the timing: it beats halting the printing, as B...
- Those of you who know me in real life…. | The Back of the World said [...] thrilled to learn that his name is to be inc...
- louder said This is great news, and praise God for such a grea...
- Father G said Regarding the prophesy that Saint Joseph’s b...
- BREAKING: Eucharistic Prayers Changed | Mundus Tranquillare Hic said [...] redoubtable Fr. Z reports: Decades after Joh...
- Father G said @padredana, According to the decree, vernacular tr...
- Legisperitus said Therese: This is, and will probably always remai...
- Joe in Canada said jkm210: honestly, why would you ask such a thing...
- Ann Roth said Scott, The Irish are a tribal people. They were ca...
- Random Friar said When you say we are rational animals, how does tha...
- Random Friar said I’m very happy about the change, but I’...
- Kerry said From what experience or education does the Preside...
- EXCHIEF said Our Pastor, who for the past 13 + months has been...
- Glennonite said Marytoo: An insightful perspective from you; thank...
- Frank H said I’m thrilled, but good heavens, why couldn...
- PhilipNeri said The part of my homily that got the most reaction w...
- Scott said This “guest” is the leader of the free...
- St. Joseph Added to Other Eucharistic Prayers said [...] pleasant surprise, courtesy Fr. Z: Decades...
- Maxiemom said My mother, who is 84, had open heart surgery three...
- padredana said Now if we could only get St. Michael, St. John the...
- Therese said Fortuitous news! I subscribe to the pious prophesy...
- rtjl said Oh no! An “accretion” to the Liturgy!...
Show public support!
Wyoming Catholic College!
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- ACTION ITEM! ST. JOSEPH’s name NOW in Eucharistic Prayers II, III, IV
- “When ‘Guitar Masses’ became a chew toy between traditionalists and progressives
- Pres. Obama sticks his nose into Catholic education in IRELAND
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- What is your good news?
- QUAERITUR: Wouldn’t audible prayers in the Extraordinary Form be better?
- Request for Prayers
- WDTPRS 11th Ordinary Sunday: God begins and completes the meritorious things we do
- WDTPRS 4th Sunday after Pentecost – Our rebellious wills.
- Irish PM ‘c’atholic Enda Kenny – what a classy guy
- What is “lobby” all about in the Vatican “gay lobby” chatter going on?
- POLLS: Latin and/or Vernacular at Low Mass (TLM)
- Hunger Bones
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS and MASS for benefactors
- QUAERITUR: Vernacular only readings in traditional Low Mass?
- Different confessional practices/customs around the world
- CLERGY and CLERGY ON CALL Car Magnets
- Want a TLM in your parish? Here is how it was done in one place!
- QUAERITUR: Confessional etiquette
- Catholic League’s head: Pope Francis should expel Vatican’s ‘Gay Lobby’
- Human rights? Over-rated.
- Nancy Pelosi: late-term abortion “sacred ground”
- WISCONSIN: Legislation requiring ultrasounds
- Of Star Wars and Immanentism and Birdcages and Elite Snobbery. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Schadenfreude and Reform of the Roman Curia
- QUAERITUR: Distance of a priest’s valid consecration
- Document ready for close of Year of Faith
- Of Devils and Agencies and Metadata and You
- “You have the right to remain silent.”
- Spare the rod and spoil the chant!
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Grab and Go Food Kit… check it out!
You keep this blog going.
Tag Archives: holy thursday
Pope Francis’ sermon for Mass of the Last Supper at Rome’s juvenile prison “Casal del Marmo”:
“This is moving, Jesus washes the feet of his disciples. Peter understands nothing. He refuses but Jesus explains to him. Jesus, God did this, and … Continue reading
Today is Holy Thursday. Today’s podcast is a little longer, so that we can look at a few more dimensions of this special day.
We hear today about the ancient Roman Station, several thoughts from Benedict XVI and the Collects for … Continue reading
Dr. Peters at In The Light Of The Law, a blog on matters canonical, has this to day. He doesn’t have an open combox (which I quietly envy sometimes), so we can have the foot-fight food-fight over here.
The annual Lenten … Continue reading
I was right on the verge of extending my time in Rome through Holy Week… right on the verge…. then I got on the airplane at the appointed time, which I properly guessed (the day after the “inaugural” Mass). … Continue reading
The Holy Father’s sermon for Holy Thursday Chrism Mass (in the morning, not the even “Last Supper” Mass).
UPDATE: This sermon is starting to get some sizzle. The New York Times is out and the head line is “Pope Assails ‘Disobedient’ … Continue reading
I will let you liturgical experts and interested dabblers provide this good reader with some help.
I may be missing something, but I can’t see much of a problem. You readers might see differently.
From a reader:
A question for you and your … Continue reading
From a reader:
As it is Lent, it is undoubtedly time to ask the question of women having their feet washed on Holy Thursday. I am well aware (from reading your blog) that it is contrary to law and custom to … Continue reading
We had a WDTPRS POLL about what you experienced on Holy Thursday regarding the footwashing rite, or “Mandatum“. The results and your descriptions were interesting.
Last night over Beijing Duck I was discussing the Mandatum with friends. Taking my cue also … Continue reading
Let’s return for a moment to your experience of the Triduum and Holy Thurday’s Mass of the Last Supper.
The rite of washing of feet, or Mandatum, is an option in the Roman Rite. I know of a few places where … Continue reading