When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Fr. Z will be chaplain for this (Extraordinary Form) pilgrimage
New Gregorian Chant CD by the Benedictines of Norcia!
- Grumpy Beggar said @ The Chicken: It’s still a brain whichever...
- Grumpy Beggar said For Norah , this might help a bit- it’s from...
- Persistant said The possibility of having an African pope somewher...
- Norah said Cody, I am sure that you used the word “Pela...
- q7swallows said Rare indeed is the man who has the slightest idea...
- ByzCath08 said In the current service books on the Divine Liturgy...
- andia said I wish my Italian was better, or my French, I woul...
- pannw said Ed the Roman says: 22 May 2015 at 4:22 PM One can...
- Benedict Joseph said And this is the voice of the Church “…...
- Auggie said Some Minnesotans, but I’m not sure about Fr....
- Maynardus said I know of at least two priests who routinely use t...
- Latin Mass Type said KC MO? Home of the…oh, I can’t bear to...
- Ed the Roman said One cannot err with Subway tuna on wheat. It is th...
- Gabriel Syme said Your home City looks beautiful Father, thank you f...
- Luvadoxi said She served with honor. Men are parents too.
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said Bryan D Boyle: Negative. I’m a Minneapolis...
- msc said That old ICEL version is astonishing. When I refle...
- Bryan D. Boyle said You’re a KC native? Knew there was more ab...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said acardnal: Yes, that’s the plan.
- oklip955 said Thanks for the Serbian.
- SaintJude6 said Konichiwa, Thank you. I was wondering if other FS...
- Grateful to be Catholic said Cardinal Sarah recently published in France a book...
- SaintJude6 said Papabile, I tried to use “eternal life”...
- Marg said Women in combat or combat type situations, not goo...
- Martlet said I’ve tried, Father, I really have, but the m...
- acardnal said I believe Bp Morlino will be attending, too.
- Simon_GNR said Announcements, if necessary, should come as curren...
- Papabile said This is from the 1969 Baptismal rite…. The o...
- Venerator Sti Lot said “It’s a mistake for the Church to use the vo...
- Venerator Sti Lot said There seems to be a big difference between the bor...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
An outstanding opportunity to get into Latin and New Testament Greek
For Easter: another ethereal music CD from the chart-topping nuns…
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
Great gift for newly ordained priests. Folding altar card set for the Traditional Latin Mass.
And check out the stunning FULL SIZE altar cards HERE. I have a set on my altar.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- My View For Awhile: Tuna Edition
- Great moments with Card. Sarah!
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday (2002MR): Our holy selvage and our salvation
- ASK FATHER: Can a penitent “release” priest from Seal of Confession?
- ASK FATHER: The timing of announcments in the Novus Ordo
- INTERNET PRAYER: CZECH and SERBIAN
- ACTION ITEM! “Officer Down!”
- ASK FATHER: Getting waxen “Agnus Dei” from schismatics
- ASK FATHER: The proper way for women to wear a chapel veil?
- ASK FATHER: Latin deacons in Eastern Divine Liturgy
- ASK FATHER: Can’t find a confirmed godparent within the family
- My View For Awhile: Jiggity Jig Edition
- Rome – Day 5: Galleries and Lessons
- Mass for Benefactors
- ASK FATHER: Funerals for those who commit suicide
- Crazy talk from an Italian theologian… just the beginning of crazy
- Card. George’s galero raised to the rafters!
- Rome – Day 4: Of turtles and dead mice
- ASK FATHER: To whom does Seal of Confession apply?
- ASK FATHER: Should we open our business on Sunday?
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- Concerning concelebration
- Some Monday Vatican drilling
- Rome – Day 3: Sunday edition
- “Oh give me a home….” Nuns on the range.
- ASK FATHER: Marrying first civilly, later sacramentally
- Rome – Day 2: Mozarabic Edition
- ASK FATHER: Is baptism by fake women ‘priests’ valid?
- Wherein Fr. Z rants and cracks the whip
- Of a “gay Mass” sermon, the Poles, and a useful marriage resource for priests
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Tag Archives: homosexual activists
Homosexualists work incessantly in every sphere of life to desensitize people, especially the young, to their own particular proclivities.
So, when a school trustee suggested that it was wrong for homosexualists to parade about nude – literally parade – he was … Continue reading
I find this disgusting. This makes me want to have nothing to do with the broadcasts of Olympic competitions. Will I make an exception for all-important curling coverage? I am torn.
From Truth Revolt:
Ex-Olympic skater [what a surprise] and current NBC … Continue reading
A friend sent me a note with a link to an article on a Kansas City, MO, news site. I wrote on this a few days ago, but am just returning to it now.
The note from my friend included this … Continue reading
Pedophiles Are Not National News — When They’re Gay Rights Pioneers
The PJ Tatler recently reported on the case of Larry Brinkin, for many years an “icon” on the Human Rights Commission in San Francisco: “A former high-ranking San Francisco … Continue reading
I am wondering what the rank and tenure committee at DePaul were smoking when they came up with this.
From the Cardinal Newman Society:
DePaul Professor Teaches Homosexual Politics, Defended Pedophile Incident
A professor at DePaul University in Chicago, who is currently teaching … Continue reading
From CNSNEWS… I am posting this here because you won’t see it at the National Schismatic Reporter (aka Fishwrap).
Hey! We are still in the Octave of Christmas!
My emphases and comments:
Bishop: Pope ‘Shocked’ By Gay Adoption, ‘Encouraged Me to Speak Out’ … Continue reading
Censorship is bad, right? It’s bad unless it is used on people who uphold heterosexuality.
Here’s a story about what Twitter did.
‘Duck Dynasty': Twitter Blocks ‘iStandWithPhil.com‘ Content
UPDATED: Twitter has restored access to the link, stating that the website had mistakenly been … Continue reading
I have written more than once that a goal of homosexualists includes the elimination of the age of consent. Goals like this are attained through creeping incrementalism.
I just read this, from the University of Southern California:
Pedophilia Now Classified As A Sexual … Continue reading
Bp. Paprocki seems to be a “hard identity” Catholic. We need “hard identity” Catholicism.
That doesn’t mean being mean. That means being clear. “Hard identity” Catholicism doesn’t reject compassion or diplomacy or joy. That’s what liberals do. “Hard identity” Catholics wants … Continue reading
I have been writing for a long time now that the next step in the homosexualist agenda is to eliminate the “age of consent” limit. They approach their goals through creeping (and creepy) incrementalism. They will eventually rehabilitate even … Continue reading