Search Fr. Z’s Blog
LATE CHRISTMAS OR EPIPHANY SHOPPING? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my search box and I will get a small percentage of what you spend. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
PS: I added an Amazon Search Box for the UK at the bottom of the blog page. Copy and paste titles I mention into those boxes and - BAZINGA! - results appear.
Here's a general, "catholic" search start point for Amazon US HERE - UK HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- jaykay: “How thoughtful they will appear, as they, with a slightly sad smile explain that bells are, in the end, not such a big deal” ; And the furrowed brow, Faddah. Because, in the...
- MrsAnchor: We’v e had to drive around 1hr and a half each way for a good parish. Either NO or Latin̷ 0; we always choose TLM now that our Bishop has permanentl y installed it into the...
- William: School districts, Little Leagues, and even the Mormons make sure you know what zone you’ re in. Dioceses can do it too. It’s not that hard.
- Anneliese: I frequently attended parishes that were outside the boundaries of the one I belonged to. Currently, the two parishes that are close to me are not my cup of tea, bongos and guitars are...
- jaykay: Tina in Ashburn: Well, the Irish slavery thing (and it certainly did happen) was really a product of the mid-17th century Cromwellia n period, of horrible memory. It had ceased by the...
- ServusChristi: Thanks Father Z and NH Knight for the kind comments. One thing I forgot to mention is that these people are Catholics, some of whom lived before the Novus Ordo Missae, and a Catho...
- frjim4321: “Som e dioceses make it easy. For example, the Archdioces e of Philadelph ia provides a way to enter your address on their website to find out your territoria l parish. 221;...
- JabbaPapa: But there remains value in some certain of the more genuine forms of non-tradit ional Catholicis m, and today we have lost one of the truly great and greatly effective campaigner s for...
- Suburbanbanshee: My hometown parish used to have a big map of the parish boundaries , in black and white, right up on the wall in the vestibule. So if people had any question about whether they...
- Gus Barbarigo: To really be on the safe side, a penitent 8217;s and the priestR 17;s cell phones should probably be turned off, or at least packed into a deep pocket. Besides stories of the...
- Will Elliott: Another option might my your diocese 217;s CYO Athletics office. I once stumbled across an unofficial parish boundaries map on the CYO website of a diocese I used to live in.
- Titus: There is a lot of ambiguity buried in this post. [Ummm… I think you are not talking to me, Fr. Z. So, when you address something to someone, make sure their name is the first thing you...
- Bosco: I pray God publicly rebuke them everyone, the ignorant, the malicious, and the cowardly who allow Almighty God, the Blessed Mother, and the Doctrine of the Holy Catholic Church to be mocked,...
- Peter Stuart: Thank you for the clear advice, Father. It’s a trial to haul my struggling SSA self back into the confession al time after time (yesterday was the latest, after reading this...
- adriennep: You said that if you want to receive certain sacraments , then don’t ignore territoria l. Further details? What about registrati on? We currently live in more rural area where there are...
- lawoski: If, in line, I can hear either the priest or the penitent, I put a finger in each ear and hum quietly to myself. Thankfully , this has always worked to prevent me from hearing and unders...
- JabbaPapa: TonyO : I thought that Pope Francis gave SSPX priests a kind of “faculties ” for hearing confession s Technicall y, he gave penitents the possibilit y to validly give Confession to SSPX...
- teomatteo: I visited the site with my children many years ago. It is out of the way (hard to find) and very minimal but it is on a hill on the shore of Lake Michigan. I would even say that it is...
- Peregrinator: Aquinas is nimble. But it is hard to get around the fact that the hungry man took what was not his, which, by definition is… Not to belabor the point, [And yet here we areR...
- NH Knight: response to comment by ServusChri sti – you are not alone in praying for a total and complete return to the TLM. We are in a spiritual battle and we are fighting for the bride of...
- NH Knight: Fr Z. you have touched on many points near and dear to me in this article. First and foremost we need to be on the offense with regards to the TLM. We need to publicize it like our lives...
- Titus: As far as diaconal blessings go, another problem is that the Collectio Romanum is largely the 1964 edition, which is not only unhelpful insofar as the use of Latin goes, because it is all in...
- tominrichmond: My thought is that where something was abolished, it could be let go, unless it held some symbolic significat ion as a vestment. I may be wrong, but stockings and shoe buckles sound...
- padredana: Where can one obtain these “det achable 221; buckles? I’ve never seen them anywhere that I have shopped for clerical attire (and thats ALOT of places.)
- Peregrinator: For example, a man steals a loaf of bread. On the one hand, he might be a well-off fellow who is perfectly able to buy it. On the other hand, he is a poor man whose children are...
CLICK and say your daily offering!
- Two seriously ugly signs of the times involving papal honors and the silencing of bells
- BOOK RECEIVED about Martin Luther (not King but by “King”)
- ASK FATHER: How do I find out which territorial parish I live in?
- Who cares what libs think? Boldly recover and use great traditional items and vesture of yore.
- ASK FATHER: If I confess to watching porn, must I say it was homosexual porn?
- ACTION ITEM! Petition against removal of historic Cross where Fr. Marquette died
- ASK FATHER: We want our children to have reverent Masses. Can we go to the SSPX chapel?
- VIDEO Bp. Athanasius Schneider interview about “Amoris laetitia” Controversy
- ASK FATHER: Should I tell a noisy penitent that we can hear everything said in the confessional?
- Observing the Feast of the Ass – 14 January
- A false #missilethreat is NOTHING compared to this REAL DEATH THREAT
- 14 Jan – Happy Feast of the Ass!
- Fr. Murray on EWTN with outstanding commentary on recent developments
- Wherein Fr. Z comments on a @RorateCaeli post about priests, permissions and exorcism prayers. Then @fatherz rants.
- Wherein @MassimoFaggioli tosses another nastygram at the “rigorist” straw man
- ASK FATHER: URGENT EMERGENCY PREDICAMENT! Mass in Presence of a Prelate but we don’t have a Pax Brede!
- How bad is the situation of vocations to the priesthood tragic Germany?
- Esolen on virtue and chastity in “Wonder Woman” (not the one you immediately thought of)
- DISGUSTING LBGT story reveals something about homosexualist agenda in the Church. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Irish “Mass Path”, for secret worship, mapped and photographed (and some BOOKS)
- ASK FATHER: SSPX or Diocesan TLM – It is an “undue burden” to have to wait 3.5 hours?
- UDPATED Two stories intersect in Ch 8 of Amoris laetitia: An attack on Humanae vitae and a Cardinal speaks up
- Juxtaposition: Demolition of churches
- Yet another German moral mudslide: bishop proposes blessing homosexual relationships
- More bad art… but this time well-deserved!
- ACTON INSTITUTE is accepting applications for the $15K 2018 Novak Award
- VIDEO about legendary Latinist Fr. Reginald Foster, OCD
- 2 Feb – Rosary To The Interior: For the Purification of the Church
- Travel Vestments Update
- More altar rails! We need many many more altar rails!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
A book by an old friend…
Tag Archives: homosexual activists
Over at CMR there is a story about how a couple of Lesbians brought a child to an Anglican vicar asking for baptism for the child.
The Lesbians wanted to be, both of them, listed as “mother”.
The vicar refused.
(I know you … Continue reading
Watching the signs of the times!
CHRISTIAN AIRMAN PUNISHED BY LESBIAN COMMANDER FACES POSSIBLE COURT MARTIAL
Updating our earlier report on Senior Master Sergeant Phillip Monk, a Christian serving in the Air Force whose unit is now commanded by a lesbian: … Continue reading
At First Things there is a good article by R.R. Reno. Here’s the first part.
The Elite Project of Gay Marriage
August 26, 2013
Same sex marriage has become the issue of our time. Michael Kinsley summed the situation nicely: “You may be in … Continue reading
Poll shows that 85% of American think photographers, bakers, etc., can refuse blatantly homosexual clients without fear of attacks
There are going to be challenges, costly challenges, to every business and industry… challenges that are actually systematic campaigns of bullying and intimidation.
I saw this on the site of the National Organization for Marriage:
85% of Americans Say Christian Photographer Has … Continue reading
During the Cultural Revolution in China (1966-1976 – the time when the greatest damage was being done in the name of the Spirit of Vatican II) people were bullied into rejection of the sì jiù, the Four “Olds”: Old Customs, Old Culture, … Continue reading
In more Rhode Island news, I read at Life News that Fr. Brian Sistare, who recently sent out a challenge to RI Catholic lawmakers (HERE) has now told a same-sex “married” couple of men that they cannot receive Holy Communion.
Fr. Sistare … Continue reading
My friend Msgr. Charles Pope has a piece on his blog on the site of the Archdiocese of Washington DC. It merits some attention. Here are a few tastes with my emphases:
District of Columbia Cancels Appearance of Gospel Artist due … Continue reading
From the Bishops of England and Wales (emphases mine):
Statement on on the passing of the Marriage (Same Sex Couples) Act
Statement by the President and Vice-President of the Catholic Bishops Conference of England and Wales
In receiving Royal Assent, the Marriage (Same … Continue reading
Biretta tip to Pewsitter for this.
As I have been saying, we are going to see a lot more of this.
Colorado Baker Faces Year in Jail for Refusing to Make Cake for Gay Wedding
According to attorney Nicolle Martin, the owners of … Continue reading
A little while ago The First Gay President went to Africa and lectured Senegal, an African nation, about being more “gay” friendly. Pres. Obama’s advice was not appreciated by the Senegalese President, who curtly invited POTUS to stuff it.
Not too … Continue reading
“Thought Police” are on the horizon.
From The Telegraph (there is a video there):
Tony Miano, 49, a former senior police officer from the US, was held for around six hours, had his fingerprints and DNA taken and was questioned about his faith, … Continue reading
There is an especially awful story about clergy in Rome circulating right now.
Once upon a time, I was walking under the colonnade of St. Peter’s Square with an especially well-placed curial official, nay rather, institution.
I asked him if it were … Continue reading
Over at the blog of the gentlemanly though trouble-making canonist Ed Peters (aka The Canonical Defender) there is a post about the ramifications of the suicide at Notre-Dame in Paris.
Suicide—whatever mental/emotional problems induce some to commit it and which might … Continue reading