When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Fr. Z will be chaplain for this (Extraordinary Form) pilgrimage
New Gregorian Chant CD by the Benedictines of Norcia!
- Venerator Sti Lot said Masked Chicken, In terms of “Lex orandiR...
- Matt Robare said I went to the regular NO Mass and the homily was a...
- boxerpaws1952 said Regardless of the country,regardless of a legit or...
- danielinnola said The’re barking mad.. The lot of em.
- jacobi said I think, Father, we have to be realistic. The Iri...
- The Masked Chicken said Thank you, Father, for this summary. There is muc...
- jeffreyquick said “Christians who undergo gender transition”. There’...
- rafferju said a number of our most prominent bishops were less t...
- Suburbanbanshee said Mike – Actually, picnics on “Decoratio...
- rafferju said it was a forgone conclusion, the MSM hates the chu...
- SanSan said God bless mothers everywhere…..especially du...
- LuisaP said Ehmagawd ! I’m getting a new haircut and ma...
- Suburbanbanshee said Over at the Midwest Conservative Journal, it is po...
- SanSan said Attended Our Lady of Lebanon Marionite Mass…...
- Fr. W said “Jesus said nothing about homosexuality.R...
- The Masked Chicken said Any Irish out there? How was this sold to the pop...
- SanSan said gag!
- The Masked Chicken said “Darn spell check. Above should read: “by a...
- The Masked Chicken said This level of theological ignorance would be amazi...
- Imrahil said Interesting.
- marcelus said The work of the great Stan Lee. Check out how he c...
- The Masked Chicken said I don’t post on Sundays. so, I didn’t...
- Henry Edwards said NCR: “Reparation is a favorite theme in trad...
- aquinas138 said oldconvert, Whatever the way forward is, it must b...
- Kerry said At the NCR article among the could’s, seem...
- Charlotte Allen said The vote in Ireland was definitely a spite vote ag...
- oldconvert said I am not Irish and have never lived in Ireland; ne...
- Gerard Plourde said The homily made the point that living our lives in...
- Mike said FSSP: Don’t be fooled by, or seek, ersatz ...
- Mike said 1. May Almighty God bless faithful Bishop Finn, an...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
An outstanding opportunity to get into Latin and New Testament Greek
For Easter: another ethereal music CD from the chart-topping nuns…
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
Great gift for newly ordained priests. Folding altar card set for the Traditional Latin Mass.
And check out the stunning FULL SIZE altar cards HERE. I have a set on my altar.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Let this be a warning to all of us!
- Damian Thompson on the Irish Betrayal
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- My View For Awhile: Challenger Edition
- 3rd Glorious Mystery: Descent of the Holy Spirit
- Netflix’s “Daredevil” is Catholic
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- My View For Awhile: Tuna Edition
- Great moments with Card. Sarah!
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday (2002MR): Our holy selvage and our salvation
- ASK FATHER: Can a penitent “release” priest from Seal of Confession?
- ASK FATHER: The timing of announcments in the Novus Ordo
- INTERNET PRAYER: CZECH and SERBIAN
- ACTION ITEM! “Officer Down!”
- ASK FATHER: Getting waxen “Agnus Dei” from schismatics
- ASK FATHER: The proper way for women to wear a chapel veil?
- ASK FATHER: Latin deacons in Eastern Divine Liturgy
- ASK FATHER: Can’t find a confirmed godparent within the family
- My View For Awhile: Jiggity Jig Edition
- Rome – Day 5: Galleries and Lessons
- Mass for Benefactors
- ASK FATHER: Funerals for those who commit suicide
- Crazy talk from an Italian theologian… just the beginning of crazy
- Card. George’s galero raised to the rafters!
- Rome – Day 4: Of turtles and dead mice
- ASK FATHER: To whom does Seal of Confession apply?
- ASK FATHER: Should we open our business on Sunday?
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- Concerning concelebration
- Some Monday Vatican drilling
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Tag Archives: homosexual activists
When it comes to ordinary pasta asciutta I prefer De Cecco to Barilla.
That said, I’ll be buying more Barilla for a while.
I was sent a link from The Guardian:
Pasta firm Barilla boycotted over ‘classic family’ remarks
Chairman Guido Barilla causes outrage in Italy … Continue reading
Conversations I have had lead me to conclude that Pres. Obama is waging a war against Catholic military chaplains.
The Archbishop for the Military Services in these USA has issued directives about Catholic chaplains and same-sex unions.
Read the whole thing HERE … Continue reading
The other day I wrote about how Archbishop John Nienstedt of St. Paul and Minneapolis delivered tough love about homosexual unions and that the deception in the same-sex marriage argument is from Satan.
He is right.
Nienstedt is being viciously attacked in … Continue reading
Hey you secular humanists! Listen up!
I have been saying that homosexual activists will eventually work openly to eliminate the age of consent. Therefore, they and their fellow travelers would eventually have to “rehabilitate”, in a sense -twisted sense, pedophilia.
CANTERBURY, … Continue reading
The National Schismatic Reporter’s Michael Sean Winters continues that non-Catholic site’s onslaught on orthodox bishops.
Here is a sample:
My colleague Brian Roewe reported yesterday on an interview given by Bishop Thomas Paprocki of Springfield, Illinois. There is much that is – … Continue reading
Over at CMR there is a story about how a couple of Lesbians brought a child to an Anglican vicar asking for baptism for the child.
The Lesbians wanted to be, both of them, listed as “mother”.
The vicar refused.
(I know you … Continue reading
Watching the signs of the times!
CHRISTIAN AIRMAN PUNISHED BY LESBIAN COMMANDER FACES POSSIBLE COURT MARTIAL
Updating our earlier report on Senior Master Sergeant Phillip Monk, a Christian serving in the Air Force whose unit is now commanded by a lesbian: … Continue reading
At First Things there is a good article by R.R. Reno. Here’s the first part.
The Elite Project of Gay Marriage
August 26, 2013
Same sex marriage has become the issue of our time. Michael Kinsley summed the situation nicely: “You may be in … Continue reading
Poll shows that 85% of American think photographers, bakers, etc., can refuse blatantly homosexual clients without fear of attacks
There are going to be challenges, costly challenges, to every business and industry… challenges that are actually systematic campaigns of bullying and intimidation.
I saw this on the site of the National Organization for Marriage:
85% of Americans Say Christian Photographer Has … Continue reading