- "In those situations where homosexual unions have been legally recognized or have been given the legal status and rights belonging to marriage, clear and emphatic opposition is a duty. ... If all Catholics are obliged to oppose the legal recognition of homosexual unions, Catholic politicians are obliged to do so in a particular way, in keeping with their responsibility as politicians." CDF 2003 and HERE
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Pigeon said The common answer to a lot of these questions is s...
- Pigeon said I got redirected just now from wdtprs.com main pag...
- The Masked Chicken said Oh, please. With Dr. Who you can have dinosaurs a...
- discens said Imrahil. No offense taken! Anyway you say, “...
- Sword40 said back in the late 1970’s we became involved w...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said Let’s not have domination of this thread by...
- Gabriel Syme said Apologies to Fr Z; In my post at 5.48am, I wrote:...
- Gabriel Syme said LA & Imrahil, My apologies if I have been inac...
- Gabriel Syme said discens, Fair enough my friend, I do not resent yo...
- MouseTemplar said Once I find a job, it will be my goal to buy one o...
- Imrahil said Dear discens, no offense meant. Only I happened to...
- discens said PS. It seems to me that all groups that want to ch...
- Nicholas said I’m sure a piece of burlap or cork could be...
- msc said As a hobbyist carpenter, I am very impressed: beau...
- Mike said For the SSPX, the question of exactly what in Vati...
- Augustine Thompson O.P. said At the site linked in the post you will find size...
- OlderCatholic said My goodness this thing is BIG when it’s fold...
- discens said Imrahil. It comes from here: http://sspx.org/en/co...
- Giuseppe said The Traditional Latin (American) Mass!
- Mike said My hopes and prayers: 1. That I be able to give th...
- jacobi said What about the compass? In my little part of the...
- Imrahil said with Rome not Missouri I’d find it rather in...
- FL_Catholic said When it comes time for that carpenter’s Judg...
- Benedict Joseph said Yes, I admit, it is stunning. And with a mind to t...
- j said Great news! We have had excellent experiences of &...
- discens said Nice comments from all. I don’t have much to...
- youngcatholicstl said Fr. Z – If you have the opportunity, I highl...
- comedyeye said Fr Michael Pfleger in Chicago is quite successful...
- comedyeye said How much for one of these beauties?
- MouseTemplar said Well this has SO gotten under my skin that I made...
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Leave Voice Mail for Fr. Z
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Great gift for newly ordained priests. Folding altar card set for the Traditional Latin Mass.
And check out the stunning FULL SIZE altar cards HERE. I have a set on my altar.
New Gregorian Chant CD by the Benedictines of Norcia!
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
And for your cybersecurity…
My wish lists
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Excommunication of same-sex ‘marriage’ Catholic SCOTUS Justices for Heresy
- ASK FATHER: Sunday obligation and career conflicts
- UPDATE REVIEW: The ULTIMATE Priest’s Gift – Super Cool Portable Altar
- Minnesota: Extraordinary Form with preaching in Spanish
- Something to amuse
- Brick by Brick in Knoxville: 1st TLM of new priest!
- New Commissar appointed over the Franciscan Friars of the Immaculate
- SSPX Bp. Fellay: “we are on the eve of important events that we cannot yet define”
- Catholic public figures and officials must RESIST! Some are resisting already.
- Most Precious Blood of Our Lord
- 1 July: St. Aaron, brother of Moses
- Chapel by chapel: Corpus Christi, London – Lady Chapel Restored
- Compare and Contrast: An Archbishop’s statement about Obergefell v. Hodges
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS!
- Congratulations Card. Burke: Happy Birthday and 40 years of priesthood!
- A Blog Bug squashed: SITEMETER compromised, malware
- ACTION ITEM! Milwaukee Art Museum – Anti-Catholic offense! @MilwaukeeArt
- @MadisonDiocese: 1st Masses in the Extraordinary Form
- Jupiter and Venus are having a … conjunction! In plain sight!
- “We have two tools at hand that the other side does not: truth and grace.”
- Notes concerning SCOTUS same-sex decision Obergefell v. Hodges
- NOTE TO READERS: Registration, Comments, getting LOCKED OUT
- Observations about important CDF document on “Legal Recognition to Unions Between Homosexual Persons”
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – POLL and AUDIO
- Super fun book alert!
- ASK FATHER: Married deacons and the fascia
- The problem is the inversion of “God is love” and “Love is God.”
- WDTPRS: 13th Ordinary Sunday – divine adoption and the splendor of truth
- We are obliged to RESIST! “Clear and emphatic opposition is a duty”
- WDTPRS: 5th Sunday after Pentecost – In redeeming us, God does not unmake us.
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Tag Archives: homosexual activists
When it comes to ordinary pasta asciutta I prefer De Cecco to Barilla.
That said, I’ll be buying more Barilla for a while.
I was sent a link from The Guardian:
Pasta firm Barilla boycotted over ‘classic family’ remarks
Chairman Guido Barilla causes outrage in Italy … Continue reading
Conversations I have had lead me to conclude that Pres. Obama is waging a war against Catholic military chaplains.
The Archbishop for the Military Services in these USA has issued directives about Catholic chaplains and same-sex unions.
Read the whole thing HERE … Continue reading
The other day I wrote about how Archbishop John Nienstedt of St. Paul and Minneapolis delivered tough love about homosexual unions and that the deception in the same-sex marriage argument is from Satan.
He is right.
Nienstedt is being viciously attacked in … Continue reading
Hey you secular humanists! Listen up!
I have been saying that homosexual activists will eventually work openly to eliminate the age of consent. Therefore, they and their fellow travelers would eventually have to “rehabilitate”, in a sense -twisted sense, pedophilia.
CANTERBURY, … Continue reading
The National Schismatic Reporter’s Michael Sean Winters continues that non-Catholic site’s onslaught on orthodox bishops.
Here is a sample:
My colleague Brian Roewe reported yesterday on an interview given by Bishop Thomas Paprocki of Springfield, Illinois. There is much that is – … Continue reading
Over at CMR there is a story about how a couple of Lesbians brought a child to an Anglican vicar asking for baptism for the child.
The Lesbians wanted to be, both of them, listed as “mother”.
The vicar refused.
(I know you … Continue reading
Watching the signs of the times!
CHRISTIAN AIRMAN PUNISHED BY LESBIAN COMMANDER FACES POSSIBLE COURT MARTIAL
Updating our earlier report on Senior Master Sergeant Phillip Monk, a Christian serving in the Air Force whose unit is now commanded by a lesbian: … Continue reading
At First Things there is a good article by R.R. Reno. Here’s the first part.
The Elite Project of Gay Marriage
August 26, 2013
Same sex marriage has become the issue of our time. Michael Kinsley summed the situation nicely: “You may be in … Continue reading
Poll shows that 85% of American think photographers, bakers, etc., can refuse blatantly homosexual clients without fear of attacks
There are going to be challenges, costly challenges, to every business and industry… challenges that are actually systematic campaigns of bullying and intimidation.
I saw this on the site of the National Organization for Marriage:
85% of Americans Say Christian Photographer Has … Continue reading