HAM RADIO W9FRZ STATUS
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
I had to change the way that people go to amazon to buy things because... you know... why make it easy?. So, just click the link below. Once you're in, you're good to shop.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- bartlep: I attended a Latin Mass celebrated by a Norbertine priest. He said the only way to salvation was through the Catholic Church. To the argument that many people in foreign lands may not have...
- UncleBlobb: A bit late, but praying.
- Semper Gumby: Unfortunat ely, not for the first time regarding both Pope Francis and the USCCB: No, take a closer look.
- Geoffrey: I will not be purchasing any “new ” editions of the Catechism.
- voxborealis: Excellent assistant priest from Haiti̷ 0;style a bit charismati c for my taste but otherwise a straight shooter and certainly orthodox 8230;discu ssed the Trinity, said it’s a...
- Kent Wendler: This is how I (feebly and distantly) try to approach the Mystery of the Trinity. Fr. Z can correct me if unknowingl y I have veered off into one of the heresies: The Son, the Eternal...
- Atra Dicenda, Rubra Agenda: All snark aside, there is a reason I brought 3 Protestant families into the Church and numerous lay men before 2013. And I have brought 0 in since 2013 and have 0...
- mysticalrose: Father gave a beautifull y Thomistic homily on the meaning of nature and person and polished it off with a discussion of mystery. Best Trinity Sunday homily that I have ever heard!
- Josephus Corvus: Father tied the text of the first reading to both Jesus and the Holy Spirit, pointing out select phrases that are used in other Scripture passages about each One. I found this...
- exsquid: A Rosary during my hour at Adoration Chapel.
- Bryan D. Boyle: It’s a mystery. As such, beyond human comprehens ion (which is why attempting to define it in human terms or using human devices can lead us down a rabbit hole, IMHO, into the...
- Gregg the Obscure: we were very blessed. the rector of the local seminary was the celebrant. he shared the theologica l definition of “mys tery” ;: something that can only be known by...
- Donald Wachtel: John 19:10 10 So Pilate said to him, “Do you not speak to me? Do you not know that I have power to release you and I have power to crucify you?” 11 Jesus answered [him], “You would...
- Greg Hlatky: Julius Caesar walks into a bar and asks for a Martinius. “Don ’t you want a Martini? 8221; the bartender asked. “Loo k, pal,” ; Caesar says. “If I wanted...
- Anneliese: Father, I’m praying for you. I hope what ever it is comes to a good resolution . Happy FatherR 17;s day to you.
- Mightnotbeachristiantou: A room like this would have only had men in it. It was cultural. The women were not in the back. In a private home you would have some mixing, but in a rented room like...
- Donald Wachtel: Avery Cardinal Dulles, 2004 “The reversal of a doctrine as well establishe d as the legitimacy of capital punishment would raise serious problems regarding the credibilit y of the...
- Johann: Either the Catholic Church was wrong for two thousand years on the legitimacy of capital punishment , at least in principle or in certain circumstan ces (which includes Popes St John Paul...
- Chris Garton-Zavesky: “Ina dmissible& #8221; strikes me as an unusual term. The claim isn’ t that the death penalty is always and everywhere immoral, but that it is “ina dmissib...
- Hidden One: I do not like it when prudential decisions, whether right or wrong, are included in catechisms . I would have preferred, if it was thought necessary, a footnote reading something like,...
- LDP: I’m pleased about this post because looking at the current pontificat e so far, the change of the Catechism on this issue has certainly been the single most worrying action to date for me....
- SanSan: You’ ve got my prayers Father. May God Bless you.
- SKAY: Prayers said for you Father.
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- Your Trinity Sunday 2019 Sermon Notes and the “Trinitini” martini
- Thoughts about the change to CCC 2267 on the death penalty
- Chilean priest’s episcopal consecration axed because of some comments
- Canonist Ed Peters eviscerates bishops – one in particular – who won’t apply law
- USCCB meets. They talk about the “nones”. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- New “Chernobyl” TV show and the End Times
- A “Catholic Signal Corps” – Thinking about a Catholic digital future and this blog
- ASK FATHER: Traditional aspergillum or “whisk”?
- BOOKS RECEIVED: Antonio Socci on why Benedict is still Pope and Sam Gregg on the Struggle for Western Civilization
- ASK FATHER: Pipe organs, being expensive, how about manually pumped reed organs?
- ASK FATHER: Alb for a boy’s pretend “Mass” set?
- ASK FATHER: Marital relations after a tubal ligation 22 years ago out of fear of pregnancy
- On a painfully hopeful day, consolation arrives – new icon of Our Lady, Queen of the Clergy
- Wherein Fr. Z reads, rants and prays
- Chief of the Vichy Knights of Malta forbids the Extraordinary Form
- Your Good News
- Cardinals and Bishops issue a “Declaration of Truths” intended to “aid” the Supreme Pontiff
- Octave of Pentecost PODCAzTs
- Great concelebration photos during Chartres Pentecost Pilgrimage
- Your Pentecost Sunday Sermon Notes
- CQ CQ CQ Ham Radio Saturday: DXing and Vatican call sighting, and Vatican Radio LATIN news program
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- WDTPRS – Pentecost Sunday: Holy Church’s warp and weft hold true
- “Why should I send somebody in my place to be killed?”
- DAY 9 – Novena of Prayer to the Holy Spirit – AUDIO
- DAY 8 – Novena of Prayer to the Holy Spirit – AUDIO
- Bp. Paprocki bans pro-abortion politicians from Holy Communion
- NCRegister about D-Day Catholic chaplains
- Calling experts with WordPress
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
Tag Archives: homosexualist agenda
As “Pride” month continues… Today is the feast of St. Charles Lwanga and companions, murder victims and martyrs of homosexual depravity. Today we might also contemplate the various ways in which the State is encroaches in our lives in this … Continue reading
I suspect that before too long we will see violence in the streets and overt attacks on churches over this. Boston Globe story about the vituperative blow-back that Bp. Thomas Tobin of Providence, RI is getting about a tweet he … Continue reading
Why is Jesuit homosexualist Father James Martin’s obsessive focus so troubling? Here’s an example. No mention of June as the month dedicated to the Sacred Heart. Rather, his focus for June is on “pride” in sodomy. To all my many … Continue reading
I received this note from Church Militant: Church Militant filed a FOIA request and obtained the disturbing police audio recordings of Fr. Robert DeLand, now serving time in Michigan State Prison, caught in the act of preying on a 17-year-old … Continue reading
At Church Militant, there is a response by Fr. Paul John Kalchik – who was notoriously tossed from his Chicago parish after an infamous and blasphemous “gay” flag was burned – to homosexualist activist Jesuit Fr. Jasmine Martin, SJ. More … Continue reading
I spotted this on Twitter. It’s not just the anti-Catholicism that comes from the outside that troubles us. More troubling is the anti-Catholicism from within. It has ever been so, since Judas sold the Lord. This is what faithful priests … Continue reading
After a busy week, I am catching up on things. There came to my attention a TV interview granted by His Eminence Joseph Card. Tobin, in the never-before-cardinalatial see of Newark, less than 17 miles and about a 45 minute … Continue reading
Jesuits. What more is to be said? The Jesuits who run Amerika Magazine have a homosexualist agenda, that is, the promotion and normalization of sodomy. Look past the homosexualist fanaticism of Jesuit Fr. James Martin, and you find also the … Continue reading
At The Catholic Thing there is an interesting piece about Stephen P. White. The writer looks at three pieces which concern The Present Crisis in the Church, and draws an interesting conclusion. […] These three pieces represent a shift away … Continue reading
I have noticed lately an uptick in chatter about women deacons, deaconettes, deaconesses, whatever. There was a conference at Fordham recently at which speakers (read: promoters) blew past the obvious problems of our lack of certainty about what ordination may … Continue reading
It took a while. They probably needed to get the ringing in their ears to stop after being gobsmacked. The National Sodomitical Reporter (aka Fishwrap) hardly loses any opportunity to defend that which is contrary to nature. However, Fishwrap is also mired … Continue reading
Narcissistic Jesuit homosexualist (I know… tautology) James Martin, LGBTQSJ is the topic of a post at LifeSite. Jesuit-run Amerika is spamming people with a narcissistic Jesuit homosexualist prayer composed by Martin. This part caught my special attention: Michael Hichborn, president … Continue reading
#ViganoTestimony 3.0! Powerful response to accusations, points to crisis of homosexuality #sodoclericalism
Huge. Archbp. Carlo Maria Viganò has issued a third Testimony. It is a neutron bomb. First, at CNA we read that the present “Sostituo”, the 2nd in command in the Secretariat of State for matter within the Church, Archbishop Edgar Peña … Continue reading
Until the real problem at the core of The Present Crisis is acknowledged, it will not be dealt with properly. I read at La Nuova Bussola, in Italian, a horrifying bit of news. In the Italian town of Rivoli, near … Continue reading
There is a piece at LifeSite that you should see, if you want to understand something about how The Present Crisis grew, over the years, to the existential threat that it is in these USA. Remember: The Lord gave us … Continue reading