Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Mallu Jack: The very funny thing here is that Fr Martin contradict s – brace yourselves – Pope Francis! In his “Let ter to the People of God” , Pope Francis asks for fasting...
- Mallu Jack: It is very delightful to see “law ” and “lov e” used in the same sentence and not set in opposition to each other. The Collect also upholds the Decalogue with...
- KateD: Rosula, If your pastor approves 8230; Skirt pockets hold holy salt well… ;. And when the lid on those little plastic water bottles is not on quite right they seem to drip, drip,...
- Legisperitus: 1 cup of holy water in 30 gallons of unholy water sounds rather like the Devil̵ 7;s homeopathi c cure for holy water. “The more you dilute it, the better it works!R 21;
- seeker: I wonder what Maria Goretti would say to Fr James Martin? I let my son know I fast for him. He tells me not to. I do anyway.
- Fr. Reader: It is very strange to me the distinctio n in his tweets between “the laity̶ 1; and “the clergyR 21;. As if only the entire body of the clergy should pray and do...
- Fr. Reader: All these LATIN > BRUTALLY LITERAL ATTEMPT > CURRENT ICEL collect prayers, would make a good set of exercises for Intermedia te Latin practice.
- Fr. Reader: 1. “You see… I think that Holy Water is important. You don’t fool around with this stuff because we use Holy Water for serious purposes. It is not a toy, part of a game, or a...
- Suburbanbanshee: Totally beside the point unless I’m Dan RatherR 30; But what font is Benedict using in those letters? Is that an Apple font?
- Suburbanbanshee: Which actually tends to explain why even many non-Cathol ics tend to like getting blessings or sacramenta ls. Something blessed is something “mad e right,R 21; in a world...
- Suburbanbanshee: The “Cos mic TempleR 21; theology stuff includes a lot of stuff about Adam as the archetypal priest, and about the human mission to go forth and multiply and tame the...
- RomualdMonk: Following this talk of Manualists and proportion s, suppose someone was breaking into your home: do you pull out a .22 or a .22 Magnum? I’d go with the potent stuff and avoid...
- ThePapalCount: We are a NO parish. Our deacon however blesses holy water using the old rite. He doesnt use the current Book of Blessings which allows for deacons to bless holy water. Can he though...
- Kathleen10: I give Raymond and Fr. Murray so much credit and I want to thank them. They have a lot more restraint than I do. They are informing the average Catholic, who is behind the curve in...
- Augustine Thompson O.P.: Dear Quovadis, This posting is getting very stale and I don’ t think I will be hunting for it in the future. If you have questions after my reply here, just contact...
- rosula: Kate-D: Great idea about me using exorcized water and salt on the Church! I’ll have to be stealth about it, as there are cameras. It’s just sad when laypersons have more faith than pries...
- Antonin: Clearly Benedict 8217;s resignatio n was made with full freedom. He said “For this reason, and well aware of the seriousnes s of this act, with full freedom I declare that I...
- Hidden One: What should a priest do who finds himself in immediate need of holy water, but who has only water, no salt?
- excalibur: More on the present crisis. This at the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception . https://sp ectator.or g/monsigno r-rossi-wu erls-gay-m afioso-at- the-basili ca/
- KateD: Rosula- I don’ t know. In Fr. AmorthR 17;s book, that is indicated as being an uncommon condition. We had a situation where we had been using blessed salt and water for months to no...
- Herman Joseph: This is so true! I would add just Mary to that proper order: God, Our Lady, then spouse if married, parents if children, and so on. If one has those two loves in right order...
- mpbaker22: “But , in the meantime, let’s use the analogy of how much water can be, should be, added to the wine at the offertory in the preparatio n of the chalice. Let’s now apply this for...
- KateD: Rosula- Perhaps there are intentiona lly malignant individual s slithering around the parish? Exorcized water is super effective. Would it be appropriat e to sprinkle a little salt and water...
- rosula: I have heard that the perfectly possessed will not shy away from blessed Sacramenta ls, even exorcized ones. Is this true?
- Anita Moore, O.P.(lay): I’m afraid a lot of priests view sacramenta ls as, at best, backward and childish, and, at worst, superstiti ous. If I want something blessed, I have to travel long distan...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- WDTPRS – 25th Ordinary Sunday: Each love fuels the other, when love of God is first.
- VIDEO: Fr. Murray on aspects of The Present Crisis
- ASK FATHER: Adding water to Holy Water
- ASK FATHER: If in letters Benedict XVI imparts still the Apostolic Blessing…
- A story of spectacular complexity, involving shady people, huge money, interlocking directorates, vast loans, and the Papal Foundation.
- One Mad Mom spanks James Martin, LGBTSJ – UPDATED
- Bishop R. Walker Nickless of Sioux City on #ViganoTestimony
- Archd. Chicago parish burns a “rainbow flag”
- And now a word from our sponsor…
- BOOKS RECEIVED: Vatican I: The Council and the Making of the Ultramontane Church
- The upcoming Synod’s “working document”
- ASK FATHER: Should we pray for or against the success of the Synod?
- What passes for important today.
- YOU are other people. It’s always someone else… until it’s YOU.
- ASK FATHER: Are we are in the End Times?
- Fr. Murray’s Open Letter to ex-Card. McCarrick. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Cri de Coeur about lost innocence and The Present Crisis
- Card. Müller: “the real danger to today’s humanity is the greenhouse gases of sin and the global warming of unbelief”
- Thoughts on fatherhood and how priestly identity is undercut by short terms as pastors
- More Jesuit idiocy – BUT WAIT! There’s more!
- Henry Sire: “Archbishop Viganò is now living in fear of his life, quite literally.”
- ASK FATHER: Can a Dominican Tertiary priest use the Dominican Rite?
- Lay Rage in Chicago, Mary Eberstadt takes names, and Fr. Z rants
- There are more than one “lavender mafia”
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- WDTPRS – 17th Sunday after Pentecost: diabolical contagion
- We are all, I think, striving to understand how we got to the point where we are.
- ASK FATHER: What should we do for Ember Days?
- UPDATED – ACTION ITEM! 10 year old’s fundraiser for a Pregnancy Care Center
- At end of youth meeting, no Apostolic Benediction from Francis.
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Tag Archives: homosexuality
“Somehow, almost overnight, our culture decided that a “LGBT” identity is something that one is born with.”
He shouldn’t have been there in the first place.
However, I suppose that the dicastery headed by non-Card. McCarrick’s former apprentice in Washington, Card. Farrell, deemed it opportune to have Martin there.
At Crisis David Prosen reacts both to homosexualist activist Jesuit … Continue reading
LifeSite has a story about it. The Catholic Herald covered it. Jesuit run Amerika has the text – of course – of the talk of rampant homosexualist activist James Martin, SJ at the World Meeting For Families in Ireland.
I don’t … Continue reading
I am still partially unplugged, but, having reengaged a little. Enough to have read a few headlines, my blood-pressure to spike, and then to chuckle at something unintentionally hilarious in its entirely intended malice.
First, compare and contrast.
At Church Militant, … Continue reading
This is an unusual post.
First, I must preface this that some one sent me information about this recently, but I can’t remember who it was, I’ve looked for the email. So, someone found this before I did. I would like to … Continue reading
Speaking of homosexuality and Jesuit homosexualist activists…
From The Catholic Thing we have:
De-homosexualizing the American Church
He makes a good argument about the urgent need to de-“gay” the American Church. His solution is dead wrong.
From Crisis we have:
James Martin and the Question … Continue reading
I am astonished. And I am not astonished.
At the site of the UK’s best Catholic weekly, the Catholic Herald, we learn that Jesuit homosexualist activist James Martin has been asked to speak at the upcoming World Meeting of Families.
This meeting takes place … Continue reading
At Fishwrap (aka National Sodomitical Reporter), usual suspect Michael Sean Winters has risen from his couch to defame me with a libelous statement. Libel is a published false statement that is damaging to a person’s reputation.
Winters wrote a piece about Pope … Continue reading
At Vatican Insider I spotted something interesting. Each Spring the Italian bishops have a plenary meeting at the Vatican’s Paul VI hall, in the smaller hall where the Synod usually meets. The Pope attends at least part of the meeting. … Continue reading
We had a phrase in the Curia that described our approach to some questions and challenges: Cunctando regitur mundus. This is a fundamental dimension of Romanitas: the world is ruled by delaying.
You outwait your opponents, rather than outwit them. Think Cincinnatus and the … Continue reading
First, I hate that term “gay”. There’s nothing “gay” about it.
The liberal Left is slobbering all over alleged words of Pope Francis to a young homosexual man, who says that Pope told him that God made him homosexual.
I am not going … Continue reading
At Jesuit-run Amerika there is an article by Jesuit homosexualist activist Fr James Martin in which he writes about the “official” teaching, as he puts it, of the Church (he doesn’t use a capital) concerning homosexual inclinations and homosexual acts.
It … Continue reading
Card. Kasper, ladies and gentlemen. The Gift that Keeps on Giving.
Cardinal Kasper: Homosexual unions are ‘analogous’ to Christian marriage [Sure! Both of them involve carbon-based life forms!]
March 14, 2018 (LifeSiteNews.com) – Cardinal Walter Kasper, whose theology appears to … Continue reading
At the UK’s best Catholic weekly, the Catholic Herald, there is a great article about the Pop Art icon Andy Warhol and Warhol’s faith and piety.
This may surprise some people: he was devout and practiced his faith… which is rather … Continue reading
Two items concerning Philadelphia’s Archbishop Charles Chaput have come across my scree in the last few hours.
First, today I received PDF (PDFs are clunky) of a column that that Archbp. Chaput wrote for their archdiocesan newspaper. In this column, the … Continue reading