Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Prayerful: I hope all these terrible Cramner tables are dismantled , and maybe put in a Museum of Stupid Ideas.
- mibethda: An antependiu m might solve the problem.
- NBW: Very disturbing . I agree with Gab, it looks very Aztec/paga n. Is this symbolic of all the souls they are dragging to Hell? I noticed all the heads were perfect males̷ 0;hmmmm 230;..
- Dismas: I must say that this is certainly, if less ugly than the WMoF Nazgul Bottle Opener, the least intelligib le sculpture that I have seen all year. While the perverse delusions of the former...
- MrsJackson: Why do they all have a the look of ancient Roman sculptures of those of Michelange lo? The death of Rome? The decapitati on of Rome? This is going to bother me…
- Benedict Joseph: Imagine if they were wearing miters.
- MrsMacD: or maybe it represents the victims of the revolution in FranceR 30; Or all the ruined statues of the 60s wreckovato rs
- fmsb78: Oy vey… Looks like an altar made in hell with the heads of the bishops of our crazy times.
- mburduck: As a member of the Parris Island Living History Detachment , I had the honor of going to France to commemorat e the 100th anniversar y of the Battle of Belleau Wood. Wearing WWI unifo...
- mharden: Looks like a monument to the victims of Communism. Like the stacked skulls of the Khmer Rouge.
- Amerikaner: I wonder if this is a sort of masonic memento mori?
- PCali: It took me a little bit to figure out why it seemed like a familiar concept, but I figured it out. It reminds me of this passage in the Harry Potter series: A gigantic statue of black stone...
- pbnelson: Reminds me of the Celtic skull arch at Roquepertu se. Definitely pagan.
- VP: SKAY – the point is to erode the Church by destroying its aesthetics and liturgy, and to weaken its sacramenta l life by making worship an unpleasant experience . This altar succeeds in...
- Semper Gumby: Good friends and food, excellent. MarineMom: Semper Fi! youngcatho licgirl: I may be wrong, but “bom bastically ” might be part of the recipe: “Wit h the applica...
- Semper Gumby: Memento mori: Good Memento Tamerlane: Bad
- Gab: That’ ;s looks very pagan to me. Aztec pagan.
- AA Cunningham: Fundamenta lly, homosexual s hate themselves , which is why they freely choose to engage in self destructiv e behavior.
- SKAY: It is hideous. What is the point?
- rwj: I hope someone spins all those heads under that table to look at the Altar behind them.
- Glennonite: As unsettling as watching The Rocky Horror Picture Show. I cannot bring a non-Cathol ic to Mass these days for fear of embarrassm ent; add this…thing to the list. There was a time when...
- MrsMacD: 20 burly guys walk up to the altar and start carrying it away… ; What’ ;s the matter Father? Are you losing your head? sss Anger. It inspires anger! Revenge. It’s tempti...
- Glennonite: As unsettling as watching The Rocky Horror Picture Show. I cannot bring a non-Cathol ic to Mass these days for fear of embarrassm ent; add this… ;thing to the list. There was a...
- Joe in Canada: but is La Republicca “FrT om-Approve d!”© ?
- michele421: As a confirmed liberal, my agreeing with you may be another sign of the impending end of the world, but in this instance I just can’ t help it. That is really hideous.
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- HEADS WILL ROLL! A new “You won’t believe your eyes ugly” altar
- Why homosexualists hate Papa Ratzinger so much.
- My View For Awhile: Delayed Edition & Fr. Z’s Kitchen
- Solipsistic, self-aggrandizing @FatherRosica dares to vet Catholic news sources
- ASK FATHER: “I am doubting that the current Catholic Church is the Church it has always claimed to be”
- Strange Signs, the End Times and YOU
- A reader’s first impressions on attending the Extraordinary Form
- Horrifying Big Business Abortion Ad
- US Bishop begin 2018 November meeting: PRAY & FAST!
- Another really bad idea: Communion Pills
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – UPDATED
- Another group of women destroyed by the Vatican Congregation for Religious
- 100th Armistice Day, Veterans Day, Remembrance Day ACTION ITEM!
- @JamesMartinSJ shovels scandalous rubbish to justify sin
- WDTPRS – 32nd Ordinary Sunday: Our Identity and Extreme Ownership
- GERMANY: Catastrophic! USA next? @USCCB bishops meeting and YOU. ACTION ITEM!
- To US Bishops before their @USCCB meeting: Do not be afraid!
- Happy 243rd Birthday USMC!
- ASK FATHER: Some say Advent is not a penitential season.
- FEEDBACK: “I went to confession for the first time in nine years tonight.”
- Blog milestone: 90 Million
- ASK FATHER: If I am in the state of mortal sin, is there any point in praying?
- SCOTUS Justice RBG falls, breaks ribs, hospitalized
- “I had the image of a bishop sinking head downward…. sinking… sinking… clawing at the heavy miter on his head”
- MUST READ: The Papalatrous catholic Left and “Horizonal Schism”
- UPDATED: Holy See repression of a certain kind of bishop with a certain kind of message
- ASK FATHER: “Properly blessed” devotional objects
- Fr. Z muses: repression of Catholic speech and what we can do about it.
- Did an alien vessel just pass by? The mystery of Oumuamua.
- My While For Awhile: Election Day Edition
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Tag Archives: homosexuality
Here’s a strong cup of wake-the-hell-up coffee from my friend Jennifer Morse and Ruth Institute. The National Catholic Register conveys the news.
Is Catholic Clergy Sex Abuse Related to Homosexual Priests?
An interview with sociologist Father Paul Sullins, whose new study documents … Continue reading
Some people are concerned that the 2018 Synod (“walking together”) on Youth will be rigged to create unheard of new openings toward the normalization of homosexual acts and homosexualist identity.
Today I read at the Catholic Herald, the UK’s best Catholic weekly, … Continue reading
A The Catholic Thing the scholar and translator of Dante’s Divine Comedy uses this most important of works to unpack a central issue in The Present Crisis.
There are those today, such as highly tattooed gang of Team Francis, who work assiduously … Continue reading
The Bellarmine Forum there is a longish piece which makes a connection between some topics:
Our Lady’s Messages at Akita
Communion in the Hand
Said Our Lady at Akita:
“The work of the devil will infiltrate even into the Church in such … Continue reading
“Somehow, almost overnight, our culture decided that a “LGBT” identity is something that one is born with.”
He shouldn’t have been there in the first place.
However, I suppose that the dicastery headed by non-Card. McCarrick’s former apprentice in Washington, Card. Farrell, deemed it opportune to have Martin there.
At Crisis David Prosen reacts both to homosexualist activist Jesuit … Continue reading
LifeSite has a story about it. The Catholic Herald covered it. Jesuit run Amerika has the text – of course – of the talk of rampant homosexualist activist James Martin, SJ at the World Meeting For Families in Ireland.
I don’t … Continue reading
I am still partially unplugged, but, having reengaged a little. Enough to have read a few headlines, my blood-pressure to spike, and then to chuckle at something unintentionally hilarious in its entirely intended malice.
First, compare and contrast.
At Church Militant, … Continue reading
This is an unusual post.
First, I must preface this that some one sent me information about this recently, but I can’t remember who it was, I’ve looked for the email. So, someone found this before I did. I would like to … Continue reading
Speaking of homosexuality and Jesuit homosexualist activists…
From The Catholic Thing we have:
De-homosexualizing the American Church
He makes a good argument about the urgent need to de-“gay” the American Church. His solution is dead wrong.
From Crisis we have:
James Martin and the Question … Continue reading
I am astonished. And I am not astonished.
At the site of the UK’s best Catholic weekly, the Catholic Herald, we learn that Jesuit homosexualist activist James Martin has been asked to speak at the upcoming World Meeting of Families.
This meeting takes place … Continue reading
At Fishwrap (aka National Sodomitical Reporter), usual suspect Michael Sean Winters has risen from his couch to defame me with a libelous statement. Libel is a published false statement that is damaging to a person’s reputation.
Winters wrote a piece about Pope … Continue reading
At Vatican Insider I spotted something interesting. Each Spring the Italian bishops have a plenary meeting at the Vatican’s Paul VI hall, in the smaller hall where the Synod usually meets. The Pope attends at least part of the meeting. … Continue reading
We had a phrase in the Curia that described our approach to some questions and challenges: Cunctando regitur mundus. This is a fundamental dimension of Romanitas: the world is ruled by delaying.
You outwait your opponents, rather than outwit them. Think Cincinnatus and the … Continue reading