HAM RADIO W9FRZ STATUS
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
I had to change the way that people go to amazon to buy things because... you know... why make it easy?. So, just click the link below. Once you're in, you're good to shop.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
My Twitter – @fatherz
Beautiful, heirloom quality Rosaries
Fr. Z’s Blog is a Founding Member of…
“The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
2020 TLM Pilgrimage to the Holy Land
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- The Cobbler: If we’r e getting serious, I should recount the anecdote about an atheist blog I once ran across that ranted against “the animistic fallacy 221;, by which he meant not...
- The Cobbler: FrAnt, I believe the meme goes, “I don’ t want to live on this planet anymore. 8221;
- The Cobbler: The image of the horse costume reminds me of a Dudley Do-Right episode in which Snidley Whiplash, realizing that DudleyR 17;s horse is the competent member of the duo (and indeed of...
- The Cobbler: Lurker 59, If I were in your friendR 17;s position, I’d be mighty tempted to get a new job lined up, then accuse those coworkers of discrimina tion based on their gender...
- Luminis: Thank you Giana Rose!
- The Cobbler: Shatner would have overemphas ized but at least emphasized what makes sense; the typical Novus Ordo lectorR 17;s choice of pauses and emphases seem to be designed, if anything, to...
- Giana Rose: Luminis, I will remember the faithful in Philly. After a year with no bishop, my diocese got a new bishop right as I moved from the diocese. It was a long year, as our previous bishop...
- Semper Gumby: jaykay: In Steyn̵ 7;s book America Alone (in which he smites Europe regarding demographi cs, Islamifica tion, etc.) Steyn managed on occasion to find the lighter side of things. I...
- Luminis: Can I ask for prayers for the faithful here in Philly, we are very nervous about what may be coming our way!
- Luminis: Archbishop Chaput is the best!! I have written to him several times via email. He returns the email within the hour!! He is a good leader and priest. We need many more like him. I am so...
- HvonBlumenthal: I was forcibly struck by one glaring omission in Bishop Jenky’s piece: no mention of confession . There isn’t a hope of restoring faith in the Real Presence if people don’t return...
- TonyO: Great commentary Fr. Z, and everyone else. Since Pius XII (maybe even earlier, I don’ t know), the Vatican has found it very, very difficult to muster the courage to punish wayward...
- Josephus Corvus: It’s great so see a couple bishops actually saying something. One thing I’m confused about regarding Archbishop ChaputR 17;s opening paragraph. I thought that there...
- Anita Moore, O.P.(lay): In a not-unrela ted topic, for as long as we have to put up with lectors in the Novus Ordo Missae, they need to knock it off with the dramatic renditions of the readings. In...
- Amerikaner: When I think of certain German prelates, or the overall sense of the German church, in my mind I get the image of the Eye of Sauron for some reason.
- Suburbanbanshee: Of course, a priest with reasonable tone production can always chant the Mass prayers, even in English. And then you don’ t have to worry about personal tone of voice, just...
- TonyO: In particular I remember in prayer His Excellency Most Reverend Robert C. Morlino, the Extraordin ary Ordinary, Bishop of Madison. I am, sincerely, not worried about the state of his soul,...
- Imrahil: Back in the day, moral theologian s agreed that it would be grave sin to recite the whole of the Canon, or just the words of consecrati on, aloud, that is in the clara or conveniens vox,...
- Ellen: Thank you Father Z. I have not been subjected to this in my parish, but I have heard it while travelling . All types of affected voices bother me. There̵ 7;s a Liturgy of the Hours...
- Lurker 59: —> ;is the “priest voice”, which is often pitched higher – not to be better heard but rather for… damn, I dunno why! I think it is a subtle affectatio n. And sometimes it’s not...
- Gaetano: Given the recent narrative that conservati ves in the U.S. were threatenin g schism is this not a case of Germans accusing their enemy of exactly what they are guilty of. Because certain...
- Fr. Thomas Kocik: In June, Pope Francis sent a letter rebuking his ally Marx and all the participat ing bishops, ordering them not to go ahead with the sham synod. Now that’ ;s rich, conside...
- Suburbanbanshee: Embrace the Cross. “I saw then the Lord of Mankind hasten with much courage, willing to mount up upon me. (28-34) “There I dared not go beyond the Lord’s word to bow or burst...
- Suburbanbanshee: Jewish ladies traditiona lly do a lot of wailing during times of great sorrow, but there is also a lot of stoicism and courage in female Jewish culture. For example, the martyr...
- Suburbanbanshee: An ebook could be done very nicely and quickly. A slim physical volume would also be nice.
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- Tall Poppy Syndrome and two American Bishops
- The priest’s voice and the “priest voice” during Holy Mass. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- The true “pseudo-schismatic” Church in Germany
- Idea for the Pan-Amazonian #Synod2019
- Initiative of Prayer and Fasting from now through October 2019 (and the Synod)
- St. Robert Bellarmine – Pray for us! Help us with your teaching and example!
- ASK FATHER: Did Francis say something heretical about God and our sins?
- Blinky light shoes at Mass
- ASK FATHER: Should I “poison” by Facebook account?
- Of “schism” and the abolition of the USCCB
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- Our Lady of Sorrows Project: 7th Sorrow – The Burial of Jesus
- Our Lady of Sorrows Project: 6th Sorrow – The Piercing of the Side of Jesus, and His Deposition.
- Jesuit-run Amerika aims at Francis’ “detractors”. Incoherence ensues.
- @JamesMartinSJ and internet bullying
- Our Lady of Sorrows Project: 5th Sorrow – The Crucifixion of Jesus
- Mind-blowing profundity at the reconstituted John Paul II Institute 2.0
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- VIDEO: Fr. Murray, Prof. Royal on EWTN on Francis’ latest PPP (Papal Plane Presser) comments
- @FatherZ responds to @PhilipPullella of Reuters about the Holy Spirit and the elections of Popes
- Our Lady of Sorrows Project: 4th Sorrow – Mary meets Jesus on the way to Calvary
- “This is the time God chose for us. Get up off the ground!” Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- A roundup on Francis and “schism”
- What is the TMSM up to? Spiffing new BLACK vestments! Photos.
- Australia: New legislation – priests must violate the Seal or face jail
- What the papalatrous are doing with the term “schism”
- Our Lady of Sorrows Project: 3rd Sorrow – The loss of the Child Jesus in Jerusalem
- “How are they down, how have they fallen down Those great strong towers of ice and steel”?
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Because it matters what children read…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Tag Archives: homosexuality
After a busy week, I am catching up on things. There came to my attention a TV interview granted by His Eminence Joseph Card. Tobin, in the never-before-cardinalatial see of Newark, less than 17 miles and about a 45 minute … Continue reading
You’ve probably heard that a book is timed to be released simultaneously in several languages at the beginning of the Roman episcopal “sex summit”. Bishops from around the world are to meet to discuss important problems that scandalize and wound … Continue reading
I have noticed lately an uptick in chatter about women deacons, deaconettes, deaconesses, whatever. There was a conference at Fordham recently at which speakers (read: promoters) blew past the obvious problems of our lack of certainty about what ordination may … Continue reading
It took a while. They probably needed to get the ringing in their ears to stop after being gobsmacked. The National Sodomitical Reporter (aka Fishwrap) hardly loses any opportunity to defend that which is contrary to nature. However, Fishwrap is also mired … Continue reading
Aciprensa has it. HERE The UK’s (and now US’s) best Catholic weekly has it. HERE Francis made a book/interview which will be released next week. A sample has been released. In the sample we find that Francis says that pastoral … Continue reading
Here’s a strong cup of wake-the-hell-up coffee from my friend Jennifer Morse and Ruth Institute. The National Catholic Register conveys the news. Is Catholic Clergy Sex Abuse Related to Homosexual Priests? An interview with sociologist Father Paul Sullins, whose new … Continue reading
Some people are concerned that the 2018 Synod (“walking together”) on Youth will be rigged to create unheard of new openings toward the normalization of homosexual acts and homosexualist identity. Today I read at the Catholic Herald, the UK’s best Catholic … Continue reading
A The Catholic Thing the scholar and translator of Dante’s Divine Comedy uses this most important of works to unpack a central issue in The Present Crisis. There are those today, such as highly tattooed gang of Team Francis, who work … Continue reading
The Bellarmine Forum there is a longish piece which makes a connection between some topics: Our Lady’s Messages at Akita Communion in the Hand Homosexuality Said Our Lady at Akita: “The work of the devil will infiltrate even into the … Continue reading
“Somehow, almost overnight, our culture decided that a “LGBT” identity is something that one is born with.”
He shouldn’t have been there in the first place. However, I suppose that the dicastery headed by non-Card. McCarrick’s former apprentice in Washington, Card. Farrell, deemed it opportune to have Martin there. At Crisis David Prosen reacts both to homosexualist … Continue reading
LifeSite has a story about it. The Catholic Herald covered it. Jesuit run Amerika has the text – of course – of the talk of rampant homosexualist activist James Martin, SJ at the World Meeting For Families in Ireland. I … Continue reading
I am still partially unplugged, but, having reengaged a little. Enough to have read a few headlines, my blood-pressure to spike, and then to chuckle at something unintentionally hilarious in its entirely intended malice. First, compare and contrast. At … Continue reading
This is an unusual post. First, I must preface this that some one sent me information about this recently, but I can’t remember who it was, I’ve looked for the email. So, someone found this before I did. I would like … Continue reading
Speaking of homosexuality and Jesuit homosexualist activists… From The Catholic Thing we have: De-homosexualizing the American Church He makes a good argument about the urgent need to de-“gay” the American Church. His solution is dead wrong. From Crisis we have: … Continue reading
I am astonished. And I am not astonished. At the site of the UK’s best Catholic weekly, the Catholic Herald, we learn that Jesuit homosexualist activist James Martin has been asked to speak at the upcoming World Meeting of Families. This meeting … Continue reading