Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Dismas: I wonder if Cdl. GeorgeR 17;s statement ever made his successor flinch.
- Jerome Charles: http://www .usccb.org /prayer-an d-worship/ liturgical -year/trid uum/holy-t hursday-ma ndatum.cfm Imrahil, It doesn̵ 7;t address unbaptized persons, or say that one needs be...
- Ipsitilla: “Dru mming up false charges of sexual abuse is so much easier these days than dragging a large Cardinal’s body through the halls of the Vatican on the way to the Tiber.R 21;...
- Imrahil: in that *manner*. Could autocorrec t please just vanish into nothing? Sorry.
- Imrahil: Dear Jerome Charles, it‘s just the thing that washing the feet of an unbaptized person is incompatib le with an important and integral part of the Mandatum‘s significan ce. Whosoever comes...
- Jerome Charles: Several websites noted that Pope Francis will indeed celebrate the Holy Thursday liturgy, and the location will be announced later̵ 1;as has been done other years (for securi...
- jhayes: Francis usually celebrates the Mass of the Lord’ ;s Supper (and its foot washing ceremony) at some location outside of the Vatican. Last year, it was at the Regina Ceoli Prison. I...
- grateful: lacuna /la·cu·na/ (lah-ku´na h) pl. lacu´nae [L.] 1. a small pit or hollow cavity. 2. a defect or gap, as in the field of vision (scotoma). lacu´nar
- Chaswjd: While I can appreciate the Pope’sdesi re to celebrate the Eucharist with prisoners and others on the margin of society, I question whether Holy Thursday is the proper time to do it. He is...
- FrAnt: Cardinal Pell shows future Cardinals given the charge of straighten ing out the Vatican finances the degree to which hatters of the Church will go when you expose the annual waste of $52,0...
- Jerome Charles: Perhaps he’s meditating ? I am known to close my eyes during the homily and reflect on the readings or meditate on God’ s holy presence. He could also be sleeping, of...
- Aquinas Gal: It does seem like an odd omission. Maybe he will actually offer that Mass even if whoever prepared the schedule messed up. I can’ t help but wonder if he will be at the jail...
- tho: Equality is such an ambiguous word, to take it literally, we would not have to take tests to determine our fitness for various occupation s. Men and women are distinctly different, not only...
- stevelskojec: Rorate had it up first, but they’ ;ve allowed others to repost it. We also have it up here: https://on epeterfive .com/bisho p-athanasi sus-schnei der-on-the -question- of-a-he...
- hwriggles4: Someone commented about young people. Young people today (I grew up in the 1980s, and we got too much huggy kissy, and feel good pop psychology in youth group) mostly friends kids, tell...
- hwriggles4: Another detail: I bet none of the congregati on present left the sanctuary before the priest said “ite misa est” (I can’ t remember the correct spelling, but I am sure...
- ex seaxe: I have read that touching an earlobe rouses without startling. One would not like to cause a sudden jerk precipitat ing a mitre to the floor.
- arga: so WHEN did this happen?
- Charivari Rob: …or Father is in his 70s/80s and has driven (or been picked up by someone) from where he resides in “ret irement 221; to give the pastor some needed help and is simply...
- jjbulano: If God had intended humans to be equal in “all ways” ; — He would have created only one sex.
- THREEHEARTS: I have seen Bl Mary waiting at the altar rails outside the sanctuary with her baby, I have seen at the back looking out the door where the priest enters. The only time I saw a woman...
- PostCatholic: Very late with this, but a Modern Irish translatio n of the Fáed Fíada Éirím inniu, Tré neart tréan -glaoch ar an Trionóid, Tré creideamh i dTriaracht , Tré admhail Aondacht Cruthai...
- VP: For Imrahil – the reason Francis wouldnR 17;t celebrate the Mass of the Last Supper is that he hasn’ ;t fully worked out for himself whether he believes what this Mass, or any...
- Kent Wendler: …mak es me think of the Apostles our Lord took with Him to the Garden of Gethsemane …
- Benedict Joseph: I regard this bizarre transmissi on of his schedule as merely “mor e rope.̶ 1; Provide them as much as they require.
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- George Weigel on “Two Georges” and future persecution
- Francis’ Triduum Schedule: strange lacuna
- Bp. Schneider: On the question of a heretical pope
- ASK FATHER: Father doses off during Mass
- LENTCAzT 2019 15 – Wednesday in the 2nd Week: Card. Burke
- Officially BADASS CATHOLIC PHOTO
- Germany: More dissent from nuns
- “Te, Ioseph celebrent”, a hymn in honor of the Terror of Demons
- CRISIS: Keen analysis of the implosion of the German Church
- LENTCAzT 2019 14 – Tuesday in the 2nd Week: Glorious St. Joseph!
- Lighter fare
- Wherein Fr. Z rants about Hell and sin and Enemy of the soul
- LENTCAzT 2019 13 – Monday in the 2nd Week: Kneeling at Mass, its actual liturgical function
- “You just want the 1950’s back!”
- ASK FATHER: How can eating desserts during Lent be fasting? Would Jesus eat desserts?
- News from the great Benedictines at Norcia: building, dogs, liturgy, beer
- ASK FATHER: A question about a marriage situation (not mine)
- How to spot a good preacher
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- CNA Exposé: Archbp. Francis Chullikatt, Holy See’s former Observer at the UN
- St. Patrick’s Breastplate: Armor for our time
- LENTCAzT 2019 – 12 – 2nd Sunday of Lent: God is more lenient than you
- WDTPRS – 2nd Sunday of Lent (NO): a more perfect “view”
- When We are elected Pope…
- LENTCAzT 2019 – 11 – Saturday in the 1st Week of Lent: The imperial epiphany and the tabernacle
- AUDIO: Damian Thompson on boring bishops – @HolySmoke
- 15 March – A ramble about the #IdesOfMarch
- Dems push to save cats after abandoning babies to death
- A “binding” German synod… What could possibly go wrong?
- LENTCAzT 2019 – 10 Friday in the 1st Week of Lent: The involuntary, personal response to a gracious epiphany
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
New miscellaneous releases and events
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Tag Archives: homosexuality
You’ve probably heard that a book is timed to be released simultaneously in several languages at the beginning of the Roman episcopal “sex summit”. Bishops from around the world are to meet to discuss important problems that scandalize and wound … Continue reading
I have noticed lately an uptick in chatter about women deacons, deaconettes, deaconesses, whatever. There was a conference at Fordham recently at which speakers (read: promoters) blew past the obvious problems of our lack of certainty about what ordination may … Continue reading
It took a while. They probably needed to get the ringing in their ears to stop after being gobsmacked. The National Sodomitical Reporter (aka Fishwrap) hardly loses any opportunity to defend that which is contrary to nature. However, Fishwrap is also mired … Continue reading
Aciprensa has it. HERE The UK’s (and now US’s) best Catholic weekly has it. HERE Francis made a book/interview which will be released next week. A sample has been released. In the sample we find that Francis says that pastoral … Continue reading
Here’s a strong cup of wake-the-hell-up coffee from my friend Jennifer Morse and Ruth Institute. The National Catholic Register conveys the news. Is Catholic Clergy Sex Abuse Related to Homosexual Priests? An interview with sociologist Father Paul Sullins, whose new … Continue reading
Some people are concerned that the 2018 Synod (“walking together”) on Youth will be rigged to create unheard of new openings toward the normalization of homosexual acts and homosexualist identity. Today I read at the Catholic Herald, the UK’s best Catholic … Continue reading
A The Catholic Thing the scholar and translator of Dante’s Divine Comedy uses this most important of works to unpack a central issue in The Present Crisis. There are those today, such as highly tattooed gang of Team Francis, who work … Continue reading
The Bellarmine Forum there is a longish piece which makes a connection between some topics: Our Lady’s Messages at Akita Communion in the Hand Homosexuality Said Our Lady at Akita: “The work of the devil will infiltrate even into the … Continue reading
“Somehow, almost overnight, our culture decided that a “LGBT” identity is something that one is born with.”
He shouldn’t have been there in the first place. However, I suppose that the dicastery headed by non-Card. McCarrick’s former apprentice in Washington, Card. Farrell, deemed it opportune to have Martin there. At Crisis David Prosen reacts both to homosexualist … Continue reading
LifeSite has a story about it. The Catholic Herald covered it. Jesuit run Amerika has the text – of course – of the talk of rampant homosexualist activist James Martin, SJ at the World Meeting For Families in Ireland. I … Continue reading
I am still partially unplugged, but, having reengaged a little. Enough to have read a few headlines, my blood-pressure to spike, and then to chuckle at something unintentionally hilarious in its entirely intended malice. First, compare and contrast. At … Continue reading
This is an unusual post. First, I must preface this that some one sent me information about this recently, but I can’t remember who it was, I’ve looked for the email. So, someone found this before I did. I would like … Continue reading
Speaking of homosexuality and Jesuit homosexualist activists… From The Catholic Thing we have: De-homosexualizing the American Church He makes a good argument about the urgent need to de-“gay” the American Church. His solution is dead wrong. From Crisis we have: … Continue reading
I am astonished. And I am not astonished. At the site of the UK’s best Catholic weekly, the Catholic Herald, we learn that Jesuit homosexualist activist James Martin has been asked to speak at the upcoming World Meeting of Families. This meeting … Continue reading
At Fishwrap (aka National Sodomitical Reporter), usual suspect Michael Sean Winters has risen from his couch to defame me with a libelous statement. Libel is a published false statement that is damaging to a person’s reputation. Winters wrote a piece about … Continue reading