Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- SuperTrad: Could someone post a link to the video so it’s still accessible from this site and so we can bring it into the open, please?
- JR: I don’ t think priests should be criticised , so I’ll recount this with sober caution. On the Sunday after All Saints I attended the evening Youth Mass at St. Mary’ ;s in North...
- JARay: According to “Gab ” landing in WA will subject you to flies and very warm temperatur es. I live in Western Australia and I can assure you that that statement is just not true. At...
- TonyO: Note, also, that there is no necessity that the sponsor be the same sex as the young person being confirmed. Sure, it is typical, and there are reasons why it is a good idea when possib...
- fishonthehill: Oy gevalt! As a Brooklyn born priest, familiar with Yiddish, I guess the pastor of the parish (macher), is living out the old Yiddish expression : “Vak sn zolstu vi a tsibele...
- WmHesch: Google a picture of their pastor (Errr.. “presider” ) Dude’s wearing what I can only describe as an African inspired blouse
- Maureen M: Prayers for a safe trip, Father. Thank you for all that you do for the Church. Welcome to CA, if that is where you are heading. :)
- AA Cunningham: Those with not much to spend may consider Father Richard Heilman 217;s Roman Catholic Gear.
- Southern Catholic: Komo, It is listed on the parish website after Saturday Masses. So they sang Imagine during a mass there? Weird.
- William: I hate bulletin ads. I especially hate ads that promote divorce. I’m surprised there̵ 7;s no ad from PP or some left-wing political group.
- RCAVictor: This parish rings an old bell. Didn’ ;t Fr. Altier get in trouble years ago for crossing swords with St. Joan of Arc – along with his vocal objections to the “Saf e...
- hwriggles4: Westward. Your presence will be greatly appreciate d at the Walk for Life West Coast if that’ ;s where you are headed.
- grumpyoldCatholic: Does George Soros attend? The bulletin makes me want to cry
- AlanLins: I have a great deal of sympathy for the Archbishop in this situation. I believe that the text which follows is the oath all bishops take. This indeed is a truly difficult situation. OATH...
- youngcatholicgirl: My mother and I traveled from Nashville to Rome this past fall, departing on Thursday morning (Central Time) and arriving Friday mid-mornin g (Rome time). I did wonder briefly...
- youngcatholicgirl: I was enrolled before my First Holy Communion and was given a cloth scapular with paper pictures sewn on and encased in plastic. I don’ t remember receiving much cateche...
- Hidden One: LifeSite News contacted Archbishop Hebda, who gave a truly pastoral reply. This could be the beginning of a new era for that parish.
- The Masked Chicken: I would like to put in a plug for the Rose Scapular Company: https://ww w.rosescap ular.net They specialize in scapulars. Their brown scapulars are durable and well-co...
- FrAnt: Safe travels. You got a selfie with your plane.
- Joe in Canada: Apart from the scandal of the bulletin is the irony that he starts by denouncing those who “rea d a book” ; and are then experts in the theory of the book. Then apparen...
- philothea.distracted: My son was confirmed this past fall. We did exactly as Fr. Ferguson suggests above. My son asked a gentleman we know pretty well from church. This man was delighted to be...
- Gab: Very prescient of you, Fr Z. The video is no longer available.
- HezzerK: Fro responded to a comment above saying, 221;What people who are not from there don’t get is that this parish was EXACTLY what was being prepared via seminary formation. One prof in my...
- john_6_fan: Veronika 8217;s Workshop on Facebook makes custom embroidere d scapulars at a reasonable cost. My wife and daughters all have scapulars with their patron saint on them. www.fac...
- Gaetano: I’m a native New Yorker and ours was the only non-Jewish family on our block in an Orthodox neighborho od. In New York, even if you’re Catholic you’re Jewish, and I would be embarrasse d...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- ASK FATHER: Do I have to sing at Mass?
- Chatter on the deaconette front
- Scandalous parish in @ArchdioceseSPM – public celebration of homosexuality, IVR and surrogacy
- My View For Awhile: Westward
- ASK FATHER: Finding good sponsors for confirmation
- ASK FATHER: Where can I get good Brown Scapulars?
- ASK FATHER: Friday penance on flight across International Date Line
- Public penance and public reparation
- Card. Mahony to speak at the Three Days of Darkness
- UPDATE: “the finest rosaries I’ve ever seen” with a new site
- SOS! New Chant Collection: Prière pour temps de détresse … Prayer in time of distress, suffering, urgency… SOS Chant
- ASK FATHER: St. Gertrude’s Prayer and releasing 1000 souls from Purgatory
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- When tweets become problematic
- 4th Letter from Archbishop Viganò
- 14 January – Happy Feast of the Ass!
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- ASK FATHER: Standing on altar to change sanctuary lamp.
- ASK FATHER: Feasts of new saints in the Traditional Latin Mass
- Good points in Lawler’s recent book: The Smoke of Satan…
- Two cordial warnings to readers
- ASK FATHER: Excessive pious gestures during Mass
- WDTPRS – Holy Family (1962MR): Families not of blood
- ASK FATHER: Can we use the Breviarium Romanum published by the SSPX?
- FOLLOW UP on Gluten and Celiac post
- ZMIRAK: Hawaii Sen. @maziehirono Is Right. We Must Intern the Knights of Columbus in Camps
- ASK FATHER: Gluten-free madness the work of the Father of Lies?
- Of desecration of liturgy and identity. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- NEW BOOK from William R. Forstchen. “Sauron’s Eye” is about to kill everything on Earth.
- Fun about a box of stuff, a papal tomb and ancient reading glasses (“cheaters”)
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Tag Archives: homosexuals
From a reader… QUAERITUR: A priest I spoke to said that I could not get confirmed or enter the Catholic Church (I was baptised in an evangelical church) as I am living with my same sex partner of 10 years. … Continue reading
A while ago, the best English language Vaticanista these days, Edward Pentin wrote about the rampant homosexual network in the seminary in the Archdiocese of Tegucigalpa, Honduras, the See of one of Francis’ key players, Oscar Card. Rodriguez Maradiaga. HERE … Continue reading
From a reader… QUAERITUR: In my diocese and in others there has been a general conclusion that it is fine to baptized the child of a homosexual couple, so long as it is done in private, you let the parents … Continue reading
From a reader… QUAERITUR: My Pastor allows 2 women who are in a public relationship (of the rainbow variety) to be Eucharistic ministers. What is the best way to approach him with my disapproval with the hopes of it stopping. … Continue reading
At the National Catholic Register there is a story sure to make the writers of the National Sodomitic Reporter (aka Fishwrap) have a conniption. Not ‘Born That Way’: New Scientific Analysis Questions ‘LGBT’ Orthodoxies A comprehensive new survey about sexuality … Continue reading
From a reader… QUAERITUR: I’m a consevitive ctholic teen and my friends are not and when they ask about my faith I try my best to answer correctly but then we get to Gay’s and why don’t we except them, … Continue reading
Burke Derangement Syndrome™ has struck again! Michael Sean Winters of the Fishwrap has swooned upon his fainting couch at the news of Edward Pentin’s new book about what happened at the Synod of Bishops last October. More about Pentin’s new Smoking Gun Book™ … Continue reading
Everyone should review something that the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith’s document from 2003 called: Considerations Regarding Proposals to Give Legal Recognition to Unions Between Homosexual Persons INTRODUCTION 1. In recent years, various questions relating to homosexuality have … Continue reading
I call on all the readers here to pray and offer fasting and alms for the spiritual defense of Archbishop Cordileone of San Francisco. Will San Francisco be the Alamo of the Church in these USA? Today, in the ultra-liberal … Continue reading
The MSM took what the Pope said on the airplane (about a homosexual who is trying to live a holy life), that is, “Who am I to judge?” and ran with only half the story, giving the impression that Pope … Continue reading
Via BarbWire: Homosexual HRC Founder Arrested for Raping 15-Year-Old Boy et another high profile “gay” activist has been arrested for homosexual assault on a child. This time authorities caught one of the big fish (a rainbow trout?). Terrance Patrick Bean … Continue reading
The final version of the Relatio Synodi of the III Extraordinary General Assembly of the Synod of Bishops: “Pastoral Challenges to the Family in the Context of Evangelization” earlier in October is available now, in English, on the Vatican website. HERE … Continue reading
At Badger Catholic I saw something that helps to explain Burke Derangement Syndrome, or BDS. You surely have seen dramatic, fainting couch worthy, episodes of BDS over at NSR (National Schismatic Reporter… to use just one possible “s” word, aka … Continue reading
The Extraordinary Synod on the family is, thanks be to God, over. The bishops will meet again next year at the same time in the Ordinary Synod on the same topic: the Family. Let me start with the pessimistic take, … Continue reading
We must be wary about the “Synod of the Media”. There is a Synod of Bishops that takes place and there is the way the MSM and also Catholic (especial catholic) media spins the Synod. As the bishops split up … Continue reading