Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Support them with prayer and fasting.
- RANCHER said Hamas is a humanitarian organization like Pelosi i...
- anna 6 said What amazes me is how poorly the editorial is writ...
- Lin said Thank you Father Z for preaching about hell on a r...
- Lori Pieper said I am thrilled to be able to say that after months...
- bbmoe said There are many, many things to be worried/disturbe...
- Amerikaner said While the Israeli/Palestinian conflict is very, ve...
- lmo1968 said All of those people insisting that these “ce...
- Pnkn said Hello Gregg the Obscure - If one oughtn’t li...
- SKAY said When she was Speaker of the House she was third in...
- Mike said Elizabeth D: Nice! An insightful take, plus a gold...
- jhayes said [Urrutigoity] The Vatican has ordered a Roman Cath...
- Gail F said And what are NCR readers but a tiny percentage of...
- ihsamdg said Good News! Firstly, Juventutem Long Island is up a...
- StJude said Is she mentally all there? I ask that with all se...
- Geoffrey said Someone send them a copy of St John Paul the Great...
- Priam1184 said Elizabeth D is so right about the ‘framing...
- cdet1997 said But when discussing sex, the deepest human express...
- capchoirgirl said Ah, “incredible”, sorry!
- capchoirgirl said The hatred for the Church that I see in those comm...
- Elizabeth D said If you want to understand well what this writer is...
- jhartne said I think this is the work of the Holy Spirit workin...
- Mike said I have long thought that ditching the “prima...
- Mike said “Love and procreation are reduced to biologi...
- Luvadoxi said What I find interesting is that in the PCUSA churc...
- incredulous said Nancy induces the worst sense of hopelessness one...
- Elizium23 said “the gluten-free bread and alcohol-free wine...
- gracie said I could never buy the argument that celibate relig...
- marcelus said Johnno says: 30 July 2014 at 4:32 am Steps seem pr...
- thefeds said Sounds like anything truly Catholic and orthodox c...
- FrAnt said Someone must have told her also that Planned Paren...
My wish lists
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
How about Rome in October?
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- Nancy Pelosi rides again!
- Meltdown Countdown: Fishwrap on the Synod
- It’s a terrible thought: dying excommunicated…
- INTERNET PRAYER UPDATE: Tagalog AUDIO added (Klingon on the way)
- Card. Pell: Holder of Vatican purse strings, celebrant of Traditional Roman Rite
- JUST TOO COOL: Acuity Flagpole Project
- ACTION ITEM! Book from 5 Cardinals in defense of marriage and tradition
- Dust up in Paraguay
- Some positive items
- Card. Müller’s book-length interview: refutes Communion for divorced and civilly remarried
- His Hermeneuticalness, priest and hacker
- Your Good News
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- 2nd Amendment wins one in DC!
- 28 July 1914 – WORLD AT WAR – 100th anniversay of WWI
- How Fishwrap celebrates Episcopalian “ordination” of women.
- St. John XXIII doesn’t like it when you clap in church. So STOP it! (VIDEO)
- Archbishop Chaput on Pope Francis
- Boy Scout held at gunpoint at Canadian border
- MS-13 gang recruiting among illegals flooding across the border
- Will IRS monitor content of sermons? Do they now?
- My View For Awhile: 77 square mile edition
- How many children have died in Hamas’ tunnels?
- ASK FATHER: Why don’t bishops wear cassocks?
- October Rome Pilgrimage – Summorum Pontificum
- WDTPRS 17 Ordinary Sunday: There is no room in Christian life for complacency.
- There’s wreckovation, and then there is this.
- Pope Francis and the Evangelicals
- Napa Institute: Day 3
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
I just bought some candy bars for the chancery staff. Sweeten up someone’s day!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
I use these great cards when I travel
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Tag Archives: homosexuals
More news from the school that gave the most aggressive anti-Catholic pro-abortion politician we have probably ever seen an honorary doctorate in law (of all things).
From the TFP site:
Young Catholics Not Welcome at the University of Notre Dame
By Peter Miller
April … Continue reading
I am wondering what the rank and tenure committee at DePaul were smoking when they came up with this.
From the Cardinal Newman Society:
DePaul Professor Teaches Homosexual Politics, Defended Pedophile Incident
A professor at DePaul University in Chicago, who is currently teaching … Continue reading
This is so weird that, at first, I thought it was a joke.
We find this at Protect The Pope.
Dissenting on homosexuality Fr Timothy Radcliffe OP is a keynote speaker at Dublin’s 2014 Divine Mercy Conference
Fr Timothy Radcliffe OP, well-known liberal … Continue reading
Conversations I have had lead me to conclude that Pres. Obama is waging a war against Catholic military chaplains.
The Archbishop for the Military Services in these USA has issued directives about Catholic chaplains and same-sex unions.
Read the whole thing HERE … Continue reading
Over at CMR there is a story about how a couple of Lesbians brought a child to an Anglican vicar asking for baptism for the child.
The Lesbians wanted to be, both of them, listed as “mother”.
The vicar refused.
(I know you … Continue reading
Years ago I worked with a German sister, deeply intelligent and one of the holiest people I have ever met. We were talking about nuances of meaning in a German sentence one day and, as an aside, she explained how … Continue reading
A little while ago The First Gay President went to Africa and lectured Senegal, an African nation, about being more “gay” friendly. Pres. Obama’s advice was not appreciated by the Senegalese President, who curtly invited POTUS to stuff it.
Not too … Continue reading