Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- PTK_70: @Kenneth Wolfe̷ 0;.Dependi ng on one’ s perspectiv e, the Diocese of Lake Charles may be the center of the universe. In any case, it’s barely more remote from Rome than,...
- Chris Garton-Zavesky: Can you think of a good reason why the system is preventing me from posting here?
- Chris Garton-Zavesky: My family and I have just finished watching War of the Vendee, and my son gave me as a FatherR 17;s Day present The Hidden Rebellion: the untold story of the French Revol...
- Julia_Augusta: Thank you for the recipe and detailed instructio ns and photos. I have saved this post to my Evernote for use in the winter. I love cooking. It brings me so much happiness to cook...
- Dismas: After reviewing the article by Madame Defarge, I noticed that his [sic] unquenchab le, seething anger was not at the “inj usticeR 21; of Husted v. A. Philip Randolph Institute or...
- Spade: This might make a good velcro morale patch.
- ArthurH: It is bad, it will almost surely get worse. As to your last comment about being put up against a wall in the future: Remember Cardinal GeorgeR 17;s warning about what is coming for...
- Legisperitus: Prayers for you, Father, and for all the other “non -juring 221; priests.
- Kathleen10: That looks yummy. Well done! My mom always used salt pork for meatballs, but I have no luck with it. It renders very little fat, and you need a chainsaw to cut it. I end up using olive...
- TonyO: I understand the practicali ties of cremation vs. burial, and now that there is little cultural worry of people thinking cremation reflects a rejection of the afterlife, there is good reason...
- TonyO: The reason men can’t become Consecrate d Virgins is because the essential charism of the Vocation is that of being a Bride of Christ and an Image of the Church (a Virgin Bride) and spirit...
- teomatteo: No. You please share!
- APX: The other option would be to hold off on cremation until after the Requiem Mass and rent a casket. Embalming isn’t usually required. Traditiona l diner are really expensive. One way to keep...
- majuscule: We had a Requiem Mass for my mother’s cremated remains. She had requested it and I was so happy we could do it for her. We put three real beeswax candles on each of two small black-d...
- abasham: My grandmothe r recently passed away in Arizona, and it seems that the cemetary where she was buried only has cremated remains. I’m generally opposed to cremation, but she lived in a...
- JesusFreak84: The funeral home we used for my recently-d eceased grandmothe r actually rents caskets in this case, and I guess the rubrics would treat the casket normally? (Though I’m not...
- FrankWalshingham: That Fishwrap headline is an outrage!
- Joy65: Very nice gesture of that Priest to buy that coffin for the Parish!
- FrankWalshingham: That is what exactly they do for military funerals at Arlington National Cemetery. The urn with the cremains gets put in a dummy flag draped coffin on the horse drawn caisson.
- discipulus: I pray we get someone like-minde d in my part of California , as our bishop passed away last week.
- JARay: Long ago it was the custom to bury the dead in the Churchyard around the Parish Church. Demands of space, car parks etc. have overridden the space around a Church in today̵ 7;s world. My...
- ex seaxe: Ok Father so you are a Latin scholar in the mould of Augustine, who did not like Greek, [I detest it.] but Oxford Dictionari es says :- Kudos comes from Greek and means ‘praise’. Despite...
- Herman Joseph: And it’s amazing that we are actually seriously talking about this! What times. My wife and I have, a few times over the past two years or so, had “the martyrdom talk...
- Kenneth Wolfe: Very impressive , especially considerin g the remote location of the diocese and the lack of a TLM personal parish in the state to assist. Kudos, Lake Charles!
- Semper Gumby: The historian and Spectator columnist Paul Johnson once asked Kerensky why he didn’ ;t have Lenin shot. Kerensky answered, “Bec ause I didn’ ;t t’in k him...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- The image of the badge of the Vendée came to mind today
- ACTION ITEM! Spiritual Bouquet for Bp. Morlino
- Fr. Z’s Kitchen: Garofolato!
- ASK FATHER: Cremains in funeral Mass, Traditional Requiem
- Pontifical Mass in Lake Charles. A brief and yet optimistic rant from Fr. Z.
- The last 10 minutes…
- 17 July 1794: “Permission to die, Mother?”
- 17 July 2018 – 100 years after
- Cobblestones, new vestments, and swag for Zed Heads
- More shallow, angry, cliché feminist rubbish from Fishwrap
- The demographics of church participation are shifting.
- ACTION ITEM! Urgent prayer request for a priest
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- “St Swithin’s day if thou be fair…”
- What priests can – with credibility – do in marriage preparation
- French stones and soutanes
- US Association of Consecrated Virgins condemns confusing new rules from Holy See
- What could possibly go wrong?
- ¡Hagan lío! in Poland. Young, and raising hell…. correction… razing Hell.
- WDTPRS – 15th Ordinary Sunday: We can stray off the path to the right or to the left.
- 12 July: Sts. Louis Martin and Marie-Azélie Guérin
- Does “Beans” @MassimoFaggioli undermine ‘Humanae vitae’?
- ASK FATHER: Mom baptized my child in the bathtub
- INTERESTING UPDATE – Pope Francis phones Gianni Vattimo, philosopher of “weak thought”
- SSPX ELECTS NEW SUPERIOR GENERAL – UPDATED
- Ex ore infantium perfecisti laudem
- ASK FATHER: Should a priest have a day off?
- ASK FATHER: Traditional Latin Mass in a Protestant church?
- Madame Defarge (@MichaelSWinters) is upset that people don’t find the Terror – applied to real people today – very funny.
- A little bright spot for your day, a discrete packet of energy for your mind.
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Tag Archives: homosexuals
From a reader…
My Pastor allows 2 women who are in a public relationship (of the rainbow variety) to be Eucharistic ministers. What is the best way to approach him with my disapproval with the hopes of it stopping. (My 9 … Continue reading
At the National Catholic Register there is a story sure to make the writers of the National Sodomitic Reporter (aka Fishwrap) have a conniption.
Not ‘Born That Way’: New Scientific Analysis Questions ‘LGBT’ Orthodoxies
A comprehensive new survey about sexuality and gender, … Continue reading
From a reader…
I’m a consevitive ctholic teen and my friends are not and when they ask about my faith I try my best to answer correctly but then we get to Gay’s and why don’t we except them, I don’t … Continue reading
Burke Derangement Syndrome™ has struck again!
Michael Sean Winters of the Fishwrap has swooned upon his fainting couch at the news of Edward Pentin’s new book about what happened at the Synod of Bishops last October.
More about Pentin’s new Smoking Gun Book™ about last … Continue reading
Everyone should review something that the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith’s document from 2003 called:
Considerations Regarding Proposals to Give Legal Recognition to Unions Between Homosexual Persons
1. In recent years, various questions relating to homosexuality have been addressed with … Continue reading
I call on all the readers here to pray and offer fasting and alms for the spiritual defense of Archbishop Cordileone of San Francisco.
Will San Francisco be the Alamo of the Church in these USA?
Today, in the ultra-liberal San Francisco … Continue reading
The MSM took what the Pope said on the airplane (about a homosexual who is trying to live a holy life), that is, “Who am I to judge?” and ran with only half the story, giving the impression that Pope … Continue reading
Homosexual HRC Founder Arrested for Raping 15-Year-Old Boy
et another high profile “gay” activist has been arrested for homosexual assault on a child. This time authorities caught one of the big fish (a rainbow trout?). Terrance Patrick Bean founded the … Continue reading
The final version of the Relatio Synodi of the III Extraordinary General Assembly of the Synod of Bishops: “Pastoral Challenges to the Family in the Context of Evangelization” earlier in October is available now, in English, on the Vatican website. HERE
Keep in … Continue reading
At Badger Catholic I saw something that helps to explain Burke Derangement Syndrome, or BDS.
You surely have seen dramatic, fainting couch worthy, episodes of BDS over at NSR (National Schismatic Reporter… to use just one possible “s” word, aka Fishwrap).
Certain … Continue reading
The Extraordinary Synod on the family is, thanks be to God, over.
The bishops will meet again next year at the same time in the Ordinary Synod on the same topic: the Family.
Let me start with the pessimistic take, first.
In sum, … Continue reading
We must be wary about the “Synod of the Media”.
There is a Synod of Bishops that takes place and there is the way the MSM and also Catholic (especial catholic) media spins the Synod.
As the bishops split up in to … Continue reading
Ed Peters, canonist extraordinaire, has a useful recap of Card. Burke’s video interview with Raymond Arroyo of EWTN. Peters points to the minute and second mark of certain of the Cardinal’s comments and then adds his own helpful commentary.
This … Continue reading
At Daily Kos you can find a good example of how the Left thinks. This is also an insight into how the catholic Left think, too. For confirmation just watch the combox of the Fishwrap. You see similar attitudes and … Continue reading
More news from the school that gave the most aggressive anti-Catholic pro-abortion politician we have probably ever seen an honorary doctorate in law (of all things).
From the TFP site:
Young Catholics Not Welcome at the University of Notre Dame
By Peter Miller
April … Continue reading