Not to be missed…
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- KAS: All our honey bees are European. We use smoke not because it makes them drunk but because it triggers an instinctiv e response to smoke warning of a coming fire. The bees are so busy prepar...
- pgs: A great version here: https://ww w.youtube. com/watch? v=nP_5YxIA V2E Seems to be a bit different – maybe his order has a slightly different version?
- CanukFrank: Yes, a very, very powerful scene. Has anyone noticed the look from the Roman soldier as he is ordered to hustle everyone along after Christ’s fall? His glance back to Mary as he reali...
- jaykay: Great news. I do remember Fr. Z. rejoicing, exulting, even, back in 2011, with the new (sorry, proper) translatio ns of the N.O. Exultet, that the bees had been reinstated .
- jameeka: Good explanatio n about Jesus harrowing Hell, answered a lot of my questions. I like the beautiful pictures you have accompanyi ng your LentcaZts, Father Z—music, words, pictures—a n...
- SKAY: Another positive story Father Z. Thank you. It is nice to know the bees survived.
- rollingrj: As a lay cantor, I have had the privilege to chant the Exsultet (in English) three times. It is an awe-filled and awesome moment, especially since I am not a member of the tribe of Levi....
- OssaSola: Correction : “But this gave me a glad smile̷ 0;
- OssaSola: People are already telling me they are “pas t their grief̶ 1; over the burning of Notre Dame. I am decidedly NOT over it; it will forever color the Easter triduum for me. But...
- HyacinthClare: THANK YOU! I can’ t go to midnight mass tonight, and now I’ve not missed the real beginning of Easter! Thank you!
- capchoirgirl: We always have all men. It’s the members of the Dominican community (other than the celebrant, of course), and then altar boys/men from the congregati on who have been pre-sel...
- bibi1003: How should the foot-washi ng rite be done according to tradition? In yrecent years past, only our priests and deacons participat ed.
- cbmiamiensis: When the motu proprio was issued the Archbishop chose to include women in the mandatum ceremony here in The Cathedral. However we only choose a total of 8 people so as to avoid the...
- bonhomme: I do not know why everyone is gushing about these new vestments. I thought they looked awful in the preparatio n photograph s but reserved judgement to observe them when finished and...
- Chris in Maryland 2: That moment in the film is where art becomes worship. Fitting praise for the heroic Son of Man.
- G1j: Our priest had to beg/threat en the congregati on because only a few of us got up after the homily. He took what he could get. Sad state of affairs these days. He threatened that the Mass...
- Charivari Rob: One belated thought 230; It is possible that these relics/sou venirs/mem ento mori (whatever term best suits) would have to be encased (or else cleaned to the point of being...
- bourgja: It seems that we are making this overly complicate d. “Liq uids do not break the fast” ; is a very straightfo rward statement, and manualists such as Noldin list water, milk,...
- capchoirgirl: Yup, same here. Buckets of tears. It’s a perfect moment.
- CradleRevert: I just watched this the other night. That’ ;s the moment that always gets me too. Everything about the scene is perfect: the moment, the editing, the soundtrack . It̵...
- maternalView: Oh my they are beautiful! Brought tears to my eyes.
- SanSan: After Good Friday 3 hr services, we began our Divine Mercy Novena, then returned home to watch The Passion. I’m with you Fr. Z. When He falls and Our Mother run’ s to HimR...
- Gab: Cry, not dry!
- Gab: I just dry through it all.
- Mariana2: Thanks, Father!
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- Benedict XVI on the Paschal Candle
- WDTPRS and AUDIO: The Exsultet – explained, translated, sung
- JUST TOO COOL: Fr. Z kudos to Our Lady’s Bees! They survived the fire #NDParis
- LENTCAzT 2019 46 – Holy Saturday: The Harrowing of Hell
- POLL: Foot-washing on Holy Thursday where you are – ORDINARY FORM
- “Behold, I make all things new.”
- #GoodFriday and You: Prayers for Holy Souls in Purgatory and Plenary Indulgences
- STATIONS OF THE CROSS – Audio from Fr. Z
- Good Friday Reminder: Fasting, Abstaining, and You
- LENTCAzT 2019 45 – Good Friday: The ultimate pulpit
- TMSM: Holy Thursday Mass with the new vestments
- A good article in Crisis about France. Fr. Z adds a short rant.
- LENTCAzT 2019 44 – Holy Thursday: Sin is in the blood
- So a guy with gas cans walks into @StPatsNYC in Midtown Manhattan…
- ARRIVED: Tenebrae Hearse! And a successful bout with Zuhlsdorf’s Law
- PRAYERCAzT: What does the Latin Exorcism really sound like? FOR PRIESTS ONLY – UPDATED
- Fundraising idea for #NotreDame
- VIDEO: Interview with Fr. Jean-Marc Fournier
- WDTPRS – Spy Wednesday, the last Collect of Lent
- VIDEO: Interior of #NotreDame after the fire. WHEW!
- LENTCAzT 2019 43 – Wednesday of Holy Week: In a cataclysm, something must be salvaged.
- VIDEO – The last rite in #NotreDame was… this?
- About #NotreDame and the fire and the altar. Just sayin’…
- Fr. Z rants about #NotreDame fire and the Faith in the Church’s “eldest daughter”
- Inside burning #NotreDame a human chain saved relics, Blessed Sacrament. Fr. Jean-Marc Fournier – OORAH!
- Happy Birthday, Benedict XVI! Ad multos vivas faustissimos annos
- LENTCAzT 2019 42 – Tuesday of Holy Week: It wasn’t a suggestion
- An early ALLELUIA for the vaulting of #NotreDame – It held!
- Fire – roof of Notre Dame of Paris – Will this shock awaken the Faith?
- LENTCAzT 2019 41 – Monday of Holy Week: Cleansing costs
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Tag Archives: homosexuals
We must be wary about the “Synod of the Media”. There is a Synod of Bishops that takes place and there is the way the MSM and also Catholic (especial catholic) media spins the Synod. As the bishops split up … Continue reading
Ed Peters, canonist extraordinaire, has a useful recap of Card. Burke’s video interview with Raymond Arroyo of EWTN. Peters points to the minute and second mark of certain of the Cardinal’s comments and then adds his own helpful commentary. … Continue reading
At Daily Kos you can find a good example of how the Left thinks. This is also an insight into how the catholic Left think, too. For confirmation just watch the combox of the Fishwrap. You see similar attitudes and … Continue reading
More news from the school that gave the most aggressive anti-Catholic pro-abortion politician we have probably ever seen an honorary doctorate in law (of all things). From the TFP site: Young Catholics Not Welcome at the University of Notre Dame … Continue reading
I am wondering what the rank and tenure committee at DePaul were smoking when they came up with this. From the Cardinal Newman Society: DePaul Professor Teaches Homosexual Politics, Defended Pedophile Incident A professor at DePaul University in Chicago, who … Continue reading
This is so weird that, at first, I thought it was a joke. We find this at Protect The Pope. Dissenting on homosexuality Fr Timothy Radcliffe OP is a keynote speaker at Dublin’s 2014 Divine Mercy Conference Fr Timothy Radcliffe … Continue reading
Conversations I have had lead me to conclude that Pres. Obama is waging a war against Catholic military chaplains. The Archbishop for the Military Services in these USA has issued directives about Catholic chaplains and same-sex unions. Read the whole … Continue reading
Over at CMR there is a story about how a couple of Lesbians brought a child to an Anglican vicar asking for baptism for the child. The Lesbians wanted to be, both of them, listed as “mother”. The vicar refused. … Continue reading
Years ago I worked with a German sister, deeply intelligent and one of the holiest people I have ever met. We were talking about nuances of meaning in a German sentence one day and, as an aside, she explained how … Continue reading
A little while ago The First Gay President went to Africa and lectured Senegal, an African nation, about being more “gay” friendly. Pres. Obama’s advice was not appreciated by the Senegalese President, who curtly invited POTUS to stuff it. Not … Continue reading
I saw this juxtaposition of quotes about the Supreme Court’s DOMA decision at Pundit and Pundette: Pres. Barack Obama: On an issue as sensitive as this, knowing that Americans hold a wide range of views based on deeply held beliefs, … Continue reading