- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- Jerome Vincent said Another CAzT, another round of thanks. Much, much...
- marcpuckett said 12. 29. Dicebam haec et flebam amarissima contriti...
- tcreek said This is the first part of a circular from the Prio...
- MikeToo said I would like to understand one thing from the exho...
- tcreek said The title, “Doctor of the Church” is a...
- Supertradmum said This is getting boring-beating on the same, old dr...
- robtbrown said dcs says: If the Pope has no competence to speak o...
- Supertradmum said Fantastic paintings and porcelain-Aesop’s Fa...
- Peggy R said Priam1184: We have “capitalism” becau...
- slainewe said @Elizabeth D I agree that “there are so many...
- Dan said It bewilders me that advocates for this sort of th...
- The Masked Chicken said she is a martyr. already higher than doctor. sorry...
- Kathleen10 said I can only hope Ms. Manson somehow reads this. Pr...
- McCall1981 said It’s strangly comforting to read the NcR cri...
- slainewe said Luke 3:10-14: And the crowds asked [John the Bapti...
- Supertradmum said I especially love your bird postings. It is 9 abov...
- Johnno said dcs - The Pope and the Church condemn Socialism be...
- Rachel Pineda said Oh how I would love to see anything by Duran or hi...
- Johnno said Elizabeth D - Youth Unemployment is a consequence...
- Jean Marie said I meant to say the third female Carmelite. St. Jo...
- Jean Marie said As a 3rd Order Lay Carmelite I too am waiting for...
- Kathleen10 said I wish I was there too! Children ought to be read...
- Phil_NL said dcs Frankly, apart from a condemnation as a theory...
- Johnno said torch621 - That’s because many people are s...
- Sissy said Thank you for posting this. St. Edith Stein is my...
- Elizabeth D said I would like to see more concern from everyone for...
- VexillaRegis said Thank you! I feel so spiritually strengthend by th...
- Suburbanbanshee said I wasn’t aware that Mr. Allen owned, operate...
- Scott W. said Presumably this all of this was written on John ...
- tcreek said My favorite saint is Edith Stein. This philosopher...
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- The Feeder Feed: Of Storks and Self-absorbed Promethean Neopelagians
- St. Edith Stein’s dialogue between Ambrose and Augustine
- Fishwrap attacks Francis AGAIN in the matter of women’s ordination
- 7 December: St. Ambrose of Milan
- St. Ambrose read without moving his lips!
- ADVENTCAzT 07: 1st Saturday of Advent – “Tota pulchra est Maria”
- The Feeder Feed: Christological Goldfinch Sighting!
- Andrew Napolitano reacts to Pope Francis comments on economics
- ADVENTCAzT 06: 1st Friday of Advent – “boogeymen”
- You have GOT to be joking: Making the sacred as ugly as sin!
- “Antinomianism in high places” – Canonist Ed Peters on divorce, remarriage, Communion
- QUAERITUR: Am I being selfish for not reading at Mass?
- Some reading options… including a Chinese invasion of Seattle!
- ADVENTCAzT 05: 1st Thursday of Advent – “Our miserable flesh”
- Fox News opinion piece BLASTS Pope Francis as “the Catholic Church’s Obama”
- Why don’t as many men go to church as women?
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 450 years ago today: Council of Trent closed!
- Active Participation … for WHOM?
- “If you want your Latin in the Mass, you can keep your Latin in the Mass. PERIOD!”
- 50 years ago today: BUGNINICARE!
- QUAERITUR: Can choristers receive Communion after Mass?
- ADVENTCAzT 04: 1st Wednesday of Advent – “Advent is not a sacred liturgical play.”
- Pope Francis: Peace which is not tranquility.
- Pope Bouncer
- ADVENT: Ideas for your season of preparation
- ALERT! A “wine” that perhaps isn’t really wine!
- Boston church vandalized
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
For for thought:
Those who have least power in the decline of a State, are priests, soldiers, the mothers of many children, the lovers of one woman, and saints.
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded— here and there, now and then— are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty. This is known as ‘bad luck.’”
- Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Tag Archives: homosexuals
This was sent by an alert reader.
From the site of the Illinois Family Institute earlier in April comes this.
Homosexual Activist Admits True Purpose of Battle is to Destroy Marriage Written
By Micah Clark | 04.06.13
Even knowing that there are radicals in … Continue reading
I saw in WaPo that the homosexual Episcopalian ex-bishop of New Hampshire is telling Catholics what their doctrine and discipline should be.
This serves as a follow-up to my post about Protestants who deign to determine for Catholics what ordination really is and … Continue reading
There is a story at CNA/EWTN that made me chuckle a little.
What for what is wrong with this (including the terminology).
London, England, Jan 4, 2013 / 06:05 pm (CNA/EWTN News).- The Church of England has decided to permit gay male … Continue reading
From EWTN News:
White House petitioned to label Catholic Church a ‘hate group’
By Michelle Bauman
An online petition asking the White House to designate the Catholic Church as a “hate group” for its views on marriage is drawing criticism for generating unjust … Continue reading
His Excellency Most Reverend Thomas John Paprocki, Bishop of Springfield in Illinois, wrote a letter to be read in parishes or put in parish bulletins this weekend. The letter concerns the absurdly titled “The Religious Freedom and Marriage Fairness Act”. … Continue reading
In the UK’s best Catholic Weekly, The Catholic Herald, we read some doubly-good news.
Archbishop Nichols ends ‘Soho Masses’ after six years
By MARK GREAVES
Archbishop Vincent Nichols of Westminster has announced that Masses in Soho organised for gay people are to end.
He … Continue reading
Dennis Prager has a good post called:
Why a Good Person Can Vote against Same-Sex Marriage
Changing the definition of marriage is bad for society.
By Dennis Prager
I love this paragraph:
The history of left-wing policies has largely consisted of doing what feels good … Continue reading
Minnesotan readers! Get out the vote! Get your like-thinking to the polls and VOTE!
Otherwise, have a taste of Christmas-Yet-To-Come.
Not only is the Obama Administration actively and doggedly undermining our religious freedom, trying to reduce freedom of religion to freedom … Continue reading
At Investors.com we find this interesting article.
I must say that, if this is accurate – and it seems to be – then the mainsteam media and entertainment industry saturation of homosexual stories and characters in TV shows is even more … Continue reading