Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!Enter Amazon through my link, the image below (they took away our search box!), and I will get a small percentage of what you spend. (Pssst - Can't see it? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
Here's a generic "catholic" search start point for Amazon:
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- adriennep: The Marian Catechists are asked to pray a Memorare daily for Cardinal Burke’s spiritual and temporal needs. I hope all who care about his position in the Church do likewise.
- frjimt: After a 10 day hiatus (mom’ ;s doctoring: 88 & daily rosary warrior & my own).. Returned to the Monastery of Bethlehem Livingston manor ny & the sisters are still praying...
- JabbaPapa: Father, given that even some limitedly and moderately good news is still good … This evening I came across some bottles of the American Trappist Spencer Pale Ale that you have...
- Ave Maria: I see that the window in the background is Our Lady of Sorrows: appropriat e. I attend two parishes and both have two deacons. The deacons at one are faithful and do not preach or act...
- tho: There was a time when the Baltimore Catechism answered all of our questions. Since VII you have to have a canon lawyer on speed dial.
- Ave Maria: While there is not a ton of good church news… ;.this morning I saw the plans for the new church my pastor plans to build and it will be gorgeous! It is to be modeled on the Basil...
- chantgirl: I would be tempted to send the Pope 5 questions which have been echoing all over the world and have not yet been answered.
- Amateur Scholastic: “Chu rchill – arguably one of the greatest figures of the 20th c., if not the greatest 8221; Father, with the utmost of respect, I don’ t understand how a Catho...
- LarryW2LJ: My son was accepted to both Seton Hall and Rutgers. Still waiting to hear from Stevens Institute and Montclair State.
- Kypapist Retired: Churchmen with chests for the last 50+ years have been the faithful “und erground 8221; Bishops and priests in Red China. Many imprisoned and tortured for decades, such as...
- Imrahil: Well, dear Orlando, though of course the one thing may remind you of the other̷ 0; I think there̵ 7;s a huge load of difference between a deacon that overdid the idea of coating...
- pseudomodo: I pray that we have not created another category of Bishop whose authority is “Ack nowledged But Ignored 221;.
- Cafea Fruor: The fit ones, by various forms of “discernme nt,” will be encouraged to take communion and also commit adultery. Funny, I always thought the most fundamenta l rule of discernmen t was...
- That Guy: I’m disappoint ed that some of my more ardent fellow Eagles fans didn’ ;t start pelting him with batteries, snowballs, or whatever other missiles that may have been within arms...
- Joe in Canada: Another Jesuit mentioned favorably on these pages? Spring has come early this year!
- hwriggles4: Reminds me back in my younger days when a priest rode a bicycle inside during the procession .
- amulack: Oh boy. This reminds me of the annual ‘pil grimages 8217; my family would make to Green Bay, WI where we constantly experience d similarly bizarre instances at local paris...
- PTK_70: Not a rhetorical question: who in a position of authority has literally said that adulterers may be admitted to Holy Communion? Not everyone who can be lumped into the “div orced and...
- Joe in Canada: Perhaps he’s devoted to the Coptic cynocephal ic saints, e.g. Christophe r https://ww w.orthodox artsjourna l.org/wp-c ontent/upl oads/2013/ 07/14icon. jpg
- Ms. M-S: I’m still numb with relief that my first take– ;that some bishop had ordained a dog– was an error. The mask would be less a shock if I hadn’ ;t already seen a priest...
- Gabriel Syme: Repugnant as this is, we should not be overly harsh on the Deacon responsibl e – though of course he should be corrected. The reason we should not be harsh is because, with this...
- Andreas: Rather than the transcende nt Holy Mass, those unfortunat es at this Philadelph ia parish church get the Feast of Fools. No Churchmen with chests to be seen here.
- aiello01: I went through a scrupulous in my late teens. During this period of time, I read the account of the lilies of the field in the gospels (see Matthew 6:25-34). I was shocked by it because...
- Hans: O, the shame! On behalf of my order, I apologize. And to paraphrase the great Leo, I’ll add: Deacon, remember your dignity! Goes in search of a very small doghouse and a very short...
- Hans: That in using only Gehenna as the name for that place reserved the damned (all else being descriptio ns), Jesus identifies child sacrifice (such as abortion) with Hell. This (with some...
CLICK and say your daily offering!
- Your Good News
- Hitchens: We were told not to worry.
- Card. Burke speaks up
- #OafForADay – Deacon in vestments and a dog mask
- We Are Our Rites! Wherein Fr. Z rants after reading Peter Kwasniewski
- Rutler writes about “men with chests”. The “impossible dream”?
- The Pope wants to hear from you. No. Really. He wants the “sensus fidelium”.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- From a priest: an interesting experience saying Mass
- OLDIE PODCAzT 127: The Eve of St. Agnes and a Bleak Midwinter
- My View For A While: Counter March
- #March4Life numbers and Pres. Trump’s words
- DC March for Life 2018 – DAY 2: Forward MARCH!
- DC March for Life 2018 – DAY 1: Paintings and plots
- Canonist Ed Peters on the Papal mid-air airplane nuptials
- The Pope marries a couple on the papal airplane. Hmmm.
- Big Business Is WATCHING!
- My View For Awhile: March For Life 2018 Edition
- “The Triumph of Marcantonio Colonna” described
- ASK FATHER: Would anything prevent a priest from always using the traditional formula of absolution?
- 2 Feb – MADISON – Candlemas – Pontifical Mass at the Throne
- Card. Müller on authority of Popes, possibility of others correcting contradictory papal teachings
- ASK FATHER: If I remember a sin after confessing, should I interrupt the priest and tell him?
- Slithery misdirection from the National Sodomitical Reporter: Bishops who avoid scandal commit scandal
- An Armenian bishop “ordains” a deaconette
- Two seriously ugly signs of the times involving papal honors and the silencing of bells
- BOOK RECEIVED about Martin Luther (not King but by “King”)
- ASK FATHER: How do I find out which territorial parish I live in?
- Who cares what libs think? Boldly recover and use great traditional items and vesture of yore.
- ASK FATHER: If I confess to watching porn, must I say it was homosexual porn?
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
A book by an old friend…
Tag Archives: homosexuals
Pelosi: Her Catholic Faith ‘Compels’ Her to Support Same-Sex Marriage
By Christopher Goins
May 10, 2012
Subscribe to Christopher Goins’s posts
(CNSNews.com) – House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) said Thursday that her Catholic faith “compels” her to “be against discrimination of any … Continue reading
Timothy Card. Dolan, President of the USCCB, reacts to Pres. Obama’s endorsement of unnatural unions
Timothy Card. Dolan, President of the USCCB on Pres. Obama’s endorsement of unnatural unions as if they were marriage.
From the site of the USCCB with my emphases:
Cardinal Dolan: President Obama’s Remarks On Marriage ‘Deeply Saddening’
May 9, 2012
WASHINGTON—Cardinal Timothy Dolan, president of … Continue reading
Please use the sharing buttons!
When homosexuals and feminists stage a nutty over the appointment of a bishop, Rome probably picked the right guy.
From Life News comes this… just a little of it so you will go there to read the rest:
‘Extremely … Continue reading
From the UK’s best Catholic weekly, The Catholic Herald comes this, also of interest to readers in the USA because of the accelerating same-sex cultural re-engineering agenda.
Muslims and Sikhs back Church on same-sex marriage
By Staff Reporter on Tuesday, 20 March 2012
The … Continue reading
From the Canonical Defender comes this:
Possible canonical consequences for participation in ‘same-sex weddings’
March 19, 2012
British Catholic blogger Damien Thompson recently remarked “For Roman Catholics the prospect [of Britain legalizing same-sex marriage] is a very bleak one. Even if a liberal priest wanted … Continue reading
Watch for lots of this in the future.
From the blog La Nueva Primavera:
It is an unfortunate fact that we live in an age when the priesthood is under assault like never before. Nowhere is that assault more visible … Continue reading
Maryland governor renews push for same-sex marriage
Gov. Martin O’Malley, a Catholic, has renewed his efforts to legalize same-sex marriage in Maryland. Same-sex marriage legislation passed in the state senate last year but failed in the state house.
“More and more … Continue reading
I note with interest at the National Catholic Register (the Catholic one) that the bishops of New Jersey have issued a statement about same-sex “marriage”.
New Jersey Bishops Release New Statement on Marriage
Same-sex ‘marriage’ ‘is not marriage and should not be … Continue reading
Over at CatholicVote I saw that yet another Catholic Democrat has abandoned her Catholic identity on what will be the bitterest, and eventually violent, issue of the war on morals and religion in the public square and attacks on the … Continue reading
Archbp. Nienstedt building unity among clergy in favor of the defense of marriage Amendment in Minnesota..
Archbishop John Nienstedt of St. Paul and Minneapolis and the Minnesota Catholic Conference have nailed their colors to the mast. WDTPRS will go to the wall to help his efforts.
They are spearheading promotion of an amendment to the Constitution of … Continue reading
From the Chicago Tribune:
Cardinal defends comparing gay parade organizers to Ku Klux Klan
By Brian Slodysko
1:03 p.m. CST, December 28, 2011
Setting off a new round in his dispute with gay right activists, Chicago’s Cardinal Francis George has issued a statement … Continue reading
HuffPo‘s spittle-flecked nutty about Card. George of Chicago. His Eminence made an on-camera remark about the homosexual-activist movement possibly morphing into something like the KKK.
Cardinal George: Chicago Gay Pride Parade, LGBT Movement Could ‘Morph Into Ku Klux Klan’
Cardinal Francis … Continue reading
You have seen the feeble attempt of some defenders of homosexual acts to equate the efforts of those who want unnatural “unions” to be recognize in law as if they were marriages with the civil rights racial efforts of the … Continue reading
From my friend Fr. Blake’s blog:
The Archbisop of Westminster said at a recent press following the Bishop bi-annual meeting:
We would want to emphasise that civil partnerships actually provide a structure in which people of the same sex who want a … Continue reading