SHOPPING ONLINE? Christmas is not very far away…
Please, come here first! Enter Amazon through my search box and I will get a small percentage of what you spend. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
PS: I added Amazon Search Boxes for the UK and for Canada at the bottom of the blog page. Copy and paste titles I mention into those boxes and - BAZINGA! - results appear as if by magic. Kindle? HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
GIFT FOR YOUR PRIESTS AND SEMINARIANS!
- If my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.
- 2 Chronicles 7:14 RSV
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- Charles E Flynn said From Providence College and Dr. Anthony Esolen: An...
- Sid Cundiff in NC said Delighted to sign.
- Mary Jane said Signed and shared with family.
- Polycarpio said In the interest of equal time, I would point reade...
- LDP said Happy to sign, Fr.
- Dr. Edward Peters said ” invertebrate college administrators”...
- msc said Sad, but increasingly common. I have found myself...
- iprimap said Masked Chicken, I look forward to your explanation...
- gracie said “And He was transfigured before them, and Hi...
- SAHMmy said I got a special message today, listening to the po...
- The Masked Chicken said Dear iprimap, Yes, that was a typo. Should have b...
- Zephyrinus said Thank You, Fr, for these Advent preparations for C...
- Thomistica said Grabski mentions: “Perhaps the Holy Ghost i...
- paladin said un-ionized wrote: iprimap, isn’t the basic definit...
- iprimap said Thank you, Masked Chicken. “….so, assu...
- The Masked Chicken said Dear iprimap, Your calculations are slightly off....
- onemore said Thank you for these – 5 minutes with you, Fa...
- iprimap said Un-ionize, I suggested using the term suspend vice...
- KateD said Beautiful!
- liebemama said Thank you. I usually listen directly from your blo...
- un-ionized said And you just wasted a lot of time quibbling about...
- Matthias1 said Douthat is amazing here. Thank goodness he has th...
- iprimap said I concur with Nan’s last comment, hence my d...
- iprimap said Un-ionized, . I am inclined to agree with you in t...
- Nan said iprimap, while the universe must adhere to the law...
- robtbrown said Kent Wendler says: I wonder how the charism of pap...
- un-ionized said iprimap, isn’t the basic definition of ̶...
- Michael_Thoma said Not to go completely non-believing on anyone here,...
- un-ionized said iprimap speaks as one with authority and not as on...
- iprimap said One other thing – for the record I think tha...
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee) and Norcia (beer)!
Without you, there is no blog.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Art by D Burkart
- Aedificantium enim unusquisque gladio erat accinctus.
- Nehemiah 4:18
"Where priest and people together face the same way, what we have is a cosmic orientation and also in interpretation of the Eucharist in terms of resurrection and trinitarian theology. Hence it is also an interpretation in terms of parousia, a theology of hope, in which every Mass is an approach to the return of Christ."
Joseph Ratzinger - The Feast of Faith"In those situations where homosexual unions have been legally recognized or have been given the legal status and rights belonging to marriage, clear and emphatic opposition is a duty. ... If all Catholics are obliged to oppose the legal recognition of homosexual unions, Catholic politicians are obliged to do so in a particular way, in keeping with their responsibility as politicians." CDF 2003
One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting. — C. S. Lewis
Ham Radio Stuff
Fr. Z - W9FRZ - OFF
QRV on: 00m 00000
Check Echolink WB0YLE-R - OFF
"One of the few things in life you can be absolutely sure about is that, if Management tells you it doesn't like your Tone, you are getting something right."
"Latin is a precise, essential language. It will be abandoned, not because it is unsuitable for the new requirements of progress, but because the new men will not be suitable for it. When the age of demagogues and charlatans begins, a language like Latin will no longer be useful, and any oaf will be able to give a speech in public and talk in such a way that he will not be kicked off the stage. The secret to this will consist in the fact that, by making use of words that are general, elusive, and sound good, he will be able to speak for an hour without saying anything. With Latin, this is impossible."
- - Giovanni Guareschi
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
"We as Catholics have not properly combated (the culture) because we have not been taught our Catholic Faith, especially in the depth needed to address these grave evils of our time. This is a failure of catechesis both of children and young people that has been going on for fifty years. It is being addressed, but it needs much more radical attention... What has also contributed greatly to the situation is an exaltation of the virtue of tolerance which is falsely seen as the virtue which governs all other virtues. In other words, we should tolerate other people in their immoral actions to the extent that we seem also to accept the moral wrong. Tolerance is a virtue, but it is certainly not the principal virtue; the principal virtue is charity... Charity means speaking the truth. I have encountered it (not speaking the truth) many times myself as a priest and bishop. It is something we simply need to address. There is far too much silence — people do not want to talk about it because the topic is not 'politically correct.' But we cannot be silent any longer."
Raymond Card. Burke
Help the Sisters. They have a building project. Get great soap (gifts, etc.) while helping REAL nuns!
Some OBLIGATORY reading…
Leave Voice Mail for Fr. Z
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A great hymnal…
Find a Quality Realtor. Support the Gospel of Life!
If you, or someone you know, needs to buy or sell a house, office, or any kind of domestic or commercial property anywhere in the world, call Real Estate For Life on 1-877-LIFE-US1. They connect you with an expert agent with a proven track-record from a local franchised broker or strong independent. When the sale is completed, the agent gives a portion of their fee to Real Estate For Life as a referral fee. Real Estate For Life gives 80% of that fee to one of the pro-life organizations they work with: a house with a value of $150,000 means $1000 goes to the pro-life organization. It doesn't cost you anything.
And for your cybersecurity…
Mystic Monk Coffee also has TEA!
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
My wish lists
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Anthony Esolen is under attack by Providence College
- ACTION ITEM! Petition in support of the Four Cardinals and Five Dubia
- ADVENTCAzT 06: Silence
- Just Too Cool: Measuring instruments altered by electromagnetic disturbances when placed on Christ’s tomb
- Douthat on The End of Catholic Marriage
- Confirmations in the Traditional Form of the Roman Rite
- IMPORTANT UPDATE – Dean of Rota: Pope could strip Four Cardinals of Cardinalate because of Five Dubia
- Ad orientem: “his perspective on the priesthood and the Mass has changed”
- ADVENTCAzT 05: Waiting… Hoping…
- For St. Andrew – Exsultet caelum laudibus
- BRICK BY BRICK: more ‘ad orientem’ news
- ADVENTCAzT 04: Suffering and Second Chances
- HOT Cyber Sales! 50% Off Sale On All Indulgences
- A saint for the young, rigid and compassionate
- Please follow Fr. Z on Twitter
- #GivingTuesday and You
- ADVENTCAzT 03: Francis’ Admonition to Priests
- Online Shopping, and You
- Fr. Z’s Annual Rant On Blue Vestments
- Once upon a time, there was this Pope who was “corrected”….
- ASK FATHER: Can a bishop permit permanent deacon to administer the Sacrament of the Sick?
- ASK FATHER: Are deacons required to wear the dalmatic at Mass?
- From the Benedictines of Norcia: Life amid the rubble
- Send snail-mail Christmas Cards to Fr. Z – 2016
- ADVENTCAzT 02: Waiting
- AD ORIENTEM WATCH! – ACTION ITEM!
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- ADVENTCAzT 01: Sitting… doing…
- ADVENTCAzT 00: Preparation and You
- BISHOPS – PRIESTS: When shall we see his like again?
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Please follow me on Twitter!
- "It will never be known what acts of cowardice have been committed for fear of not looking sufficiently progressive."
Charles Pierre Péguy Notre Patrie, 1905"If I ought to write the truth, I am of the mind that I ought to flee all meetings of bishops, because I have never seen any happy or satisfactory outcome to any council, nor one that has deterred evils more than it has occasioned their acceptance and growth."
St. Gregory Nazianzus ep. 131 - AD 382“We will conquer your Rome, break your crosses, and enslave your women. If we do not reach that time, then our children and grandchildren will reach it, and they will sell your sons as slaves at the slave market.”
Reading and gift ideas!
Tag Archives: homosexuals
From CNS: Pelosi: Her Catholic Faith ‘Compels’ Her to Support Same-Sex Marriage [wp_youtube]xjo03WLTl3Y[/wp_youtube] By Christopher Goins May 10, 2012 Subscribe to Christopher Goins’s posts (CNSNews.com) – House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) said Thursday that her Catholic faith “compels” her … Continue reading
Timothy Card. Dolan, President of the USCCB, reacts to Pres. Obama’s endorsement of unnatural unions
Timothy Card. Dolan, President of the USCCB on Pres. Obama’s endorsement of unnatural unions as if they were marriage. From the site of the USCCB with my emphases: Cardinal Dolan: President Obama’s Remarks On Marriage ‘Deeply Saddening’ May 9, 2012 WASHINGTON—Cardinal … Continue reading
Please use the sharing buttons! When homosexuals and feminists stage a nutty over the appointment of a bishop, Rome probably picked the right guy. From Life News comes this… just a little of it so you will go there to read … Continue reading
From the UK’s best Catholic weekly, The Catholic Herald comes this, also of interest to readers in the USA because of the accelerating same-sex cultural re-engineering agenda. Muslims and Sikhs back Church on same-sex marriage By Staff Reporter on Tuesday, 20 … Continue reading
From the Canonical Defender comes this: Possible canonical consequences for participation in ‘same-sex weddings’ March 19, 2012 British Catholic blogger Damien Thompson recently remarked “For Roman Catholics the prospect [of Britain legalizing same-sex marriage] is a very bleak one. Even if a liberal … Continue reading
Watch for lots of this in the future. From the blog La Nueva Primavera: FALL-GUY PRIESTS It is an unfortunate fact that we live in an age when the priesthood is under assault like never before. Nowhere is that assault … Continue reading
From EWTN: Maryland governor renews push for same-sex marriage Gov. Martin O’Malley, a Catholic, has renewed his efforts to legalize same-sex marriage in Maryland. Same-sex marriage legislation passed in the state senate last year but failed in the state house. … Continue reading
I note with interest at the National Catholic Register (the Catholic one) that the bishops of New Jersey have issued a statement about same-sex “marriage”. New Jersey Bishops Release New Statement on Marriage Same-sex ‘marriage’ ‘is not marriage and should … Continue reading
Over at CatholicVote I saw that yet another Catholic Democrat has abandoned her Catholic identity on what will be the bitterest, and eventually violent, issue of the war on morals and religion in the public square and attacks on the … Continue reading
Archbp. Nienstedt building unity among clergy in favor of the defense of marriage Amendment in Minnesota..
Archbishop John Nienstedt of St. Paul and Minneapolis and the Minnesota Catholic Conference have nailed their colors to the mast. WDTPRS will go to the wall to help his efforts. They are spearheading promotion of an amendment to the Constitution … Continue reading
From the Chicago Tribune: Cardinal defends comparing gay parade organizers to Ku Klux Klan By Brian Slodysko Tribune reporter 1:03 p.m. CST, December 28, 2011 Setting off a new round in his dispute with gay right activists, Chicago’s Cardinal Francis … Continue reading
HuffPo‘s spittle-flecked nutty about Card. George of Chicago. His Eminence made an on-camera remark about the homosexual-activist movement possibly morphing into something like the KKK. Cardinal George: Chicago Gay Pride Parade, LGBT Movement Could ‘Morph Into Ku Klux Klan’ Cardinal … Continue reading
You have seen the feeble attempt of some defenders of homosexual acts to equate the efforts of those who want unnatural “unions” to be recognize in law as if they were marriages with the civil rights racial efforts of the … Continue reading
From my friend Fr. Blake’s blog: The Archbisop of Westminster said at a recent press following the Bishop bi-annual meeting: We would want to emphasise that civil partnerships actually provide a structure in which people of the same sex who … Continue reading
Archd. of New York’s particular law forbidding Catholic ministers any participation in same sex “marriage”
The Canonical Defender, Prof. Ed Peters, author of a useful book on “annulments” (paperback and Kindle) has posted at his excellent blog In The Light Of The Law about particular laws for the Archdiocese of New York issued by Archbishop … Continue reading