- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- Peggy R said Priam1184: We have “capitalism” becau...
- slainewe said @Elizabeth D I agree that “there are so many...
- Dan said It bewilders me that advocates for this sort of th...
- The Masked Chicken said she is a martyr. already higher than doctor. sorry...
- Kathleen10 said I can only hope Ms. Manson somehow reads this. Pr...
- McCall1981 said It’s strangly comforting to read the NcR cri...
- aviva meriam said I really wish the Nuns on the Bus (and their intel...
- slainewe said Luke 3:10-14: And the crowds asked [John the Bapti...
- Supertradmum said I especially love your bird postings. It is 9 abov...
- Rachel Pineda said Oh how I would love to see anything by Duran or hi...
- Jean Marie said I meant to say the third female Carmelite. St. Jo...
- Jean Marie said As a 3rd Order Lay Carmelite I too am waiting for...
- Kathleen10 said I wish I was there too! Children ought to be read...
- Sissy said Thank you for posting this. St. Edith Stein is my...
- Elizabeth D said I would like to see more concern from everyone for...
- VexillaRegis said Thank you! I feel so spiritually strengthend by th...
- Scott W. said Presumably this all of this was written on John ...
- tcreek said My favorite saint is Edith Stein. This philosopher...
- JordanH said How can they seriously distance themselves from Ja...
- Justalurkingfool said As an abandoned spouse forced to defend the marria...
- torch621 said Bell, book and candle needs to be brought back.
- Aspie said Archbishop Baldisseri said sacraments instead of s...
- lsclerkin said I’m just smiling. And smiling and smiling. B...
- James said Bravo, Father! And many thanks! This has been a qu...
- James said Thank you for posting this, Fr. Z! “Full, co...
- vetusta ecclesia said What with St Nicholas on the 6th Dec. and St Ambro...
- torch621 said I’ll never understand the fascination with N...
- cathgrl said If you do any other research at the DIA during the...
- jameeka said dittos to above comments–in trying to find t...
- The Masked Chicken said “While increasing the wealth of the company...
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- The Feeder Feed: Of Storks and Self-absorbed Promethean Neopelagians
- St. Edith Stein’s dialogue between Ambrose and Augustine
- Fishwrap attacks Francis AGAIN in the matter of women’s ordination
- 7 December: St. Ambrose of Milan
- St. Ambrose read without moving his lips!
- ADVENTCAzT 07: 1st Saturday of Advent – “Tota pulchra est Maria”
- The Feeder Feed: Christological Goldfinch Sighting!
- Andrew Napolitano reacts to Pope Francis comments on economics
- ADVENTCAzT 06: 1st Friday of Advent – “boogeymen”
- You have GOT to be joking: Making the sacred as ugly as sin!
- “Antinomianism in high places” – Canonist Ed Peters on divorce, remarriage, Communion
- QUAERITUR: Am I being selfish for not reading at Mass?
- Some reading options… including a Chinese invasion of Seattle!
- ADVENTCAzT 05: 1st Thursday of Advent – “Our miserable flesh”
- Fox News opinion piece BLASTS Pope Francis as “the Catholic Church’s Obama”
- Why don’t as many men go to church as women?
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 450 years ago today: Council of Trent closed!
- Active Participation … for WHOM?
- “If you want your Latin in the Mass, you can keep your Latin in the Mass. PERIOD!”
- 50 years ago today: BUGNINICARE!
- QUAERITUR: Can choristers receive Communion after Mass?
- ADVENTCAzT 04: 1st Wednesday of Advent – “Advent is not a sacred liturgical play.”
- Pope Francis: Peace which is not tranquility.
- Pope Bouncer
- ADVENT: Ideas for your season of preparation
- ALERT! A “wine” that perhaps isn’t really wine!
- Boston church vandalized
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
For for thought:
Those who have least power in the decline of a State, are priests, soldiers, the mothers of many children, the lovers of one woman, and saints.
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded— here and there, now and then— are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty. This is known as ‘bad luck.’”
- Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Tag Archives: homosexuals
Timothy Card. Dolan, President of the USCCB, reacts to Pres. Obama’s endorsement of unnatural unions
Timothy Card. Dolan, President of the USCCB on Pres. Obama’s endorsement of unnatural unions as if they were marriage.
From the site of the USCCB with my emphases:
Cardinal Dolan: President Obama’s Remarks On Marriage ‘Deeply Saddening’
May 9, 2012
WASHINGTON—Cardinal Timothy Dolan, president of … Continue reading
Please use the sharing buttons!
When homosexuals and feminists stage a nutty over the appointment of a bishop, Rome probably picked the right guy.
From Life News comes this… just a little of it so you will go there to read the rest:
‘Extremely … Continue reading
From the UK’s best Catholic weekly, The Catholic Herald comes this, also of interest to readers in the USA because of the accelerating same-sex cultural re-engineering agenda.
Muslims and Sikhs back Church on same-sex marriage
By Staff Reporter on Tuesday, 20 March 2012
The … Continue reading
From the Canonical Defender comes this:
Possible canonical consequences for participation in ‘same-sex weddings’
March 19, 2012
British Catholic blogger Damien Thompson recently remarked “For Roman Catholics the prospect [of Britain legalizing same-sex marriage] is a very bleak one. Even if a liberal priest wanted … Continue reading
Watch for lots of this in the future.
From the blog La Nueva Primavera:
It is an unfortunate fact that we live in an age when the priesthood is under assault like never before. Nowhere is that assault more visible … Continue reading
Maryland governor renews push for same-sex marriage
Gov. Martin O’Malley, a Catholic, has renewed his efforts to legalize same-sex marriage in Maryland. Same-sex marriage legislation passed in the state senate last year but failed in the state house.
“More and more … Continue reading
I note with interest at the National Catholic Register (the Catholic one) that the bishops of New Jersey have issued a statement about same-sex “marriage”.
New Jersey Bishops Release New Statement on Marriage
Same-sex ‘marriage’ ‘is not marriage and should not be … Continue reading
Over at CatholicVote I saw that yet another Catholic Democrat has abandoned her Catholic identity on what will be the bitterest, and eventually violent, issue of the war on morals and religion in the public square and attacks on the … Continue reading
Archbp. Nienstedt building unity among clergy in favor of the defense of marriage Amendment in Minnesota..
Archbishop John Nienstedt of St. Paul and Minneapolis and the Minnesota Catholic Conference have nailed their colors to the mast. WDTPRS will go to the wall to help his efforts.
They are spearheading promotion of an amendment to the Constitution of … Continue reading
From the Chicago Tribune:
Cardinal defends comparing gay parade organizers to Ku Klux Klan
By Brian Slodysko
1:03 p.m. CST, December 28, 2011
Setting off a new round in his dispute with gay right activists, Chicago’s Cardinal Francis George has issued a statement … Continue reading