- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- Terry1 said After two years of reading and through the grace o...
- Kathleen10 said FrDulli, what an uncomfortable moment that must ha...
- Uxixu said @annmarie Government interference is hurting far m...
- lucindatcm said Thanks Father! I keep running into the word hope....
- Robertus Pittsburghensis said Is there anything this judge said that pertains to...
- samgr said It strikes me that those whose hometown was turned...
- PA mom said If I were trying to encourage very ideologically o...
- PA mom said Thank you boxer paws and others for your prayers....
- pgs said In the same cathedral, one of the confessionals ha...
- Jerome Vincent said Listened — thanks again, Father.
- MaryL said Capitalism, Trickle-down effect, Socialism –...
- samgr said A minor correction on Andrew Napolitano: He was a...
- mamajen said Five-year-old son says “That does NOT look l...
- Ryan said The only “ideologies” that believe in...
- ChesterFrank said IPADRE: the destruction of beauty is thousands upo...
- Johnno said CGPearson - There is some precedent for a method o...
- sprachmeister said Someone in the Church architecture and design worl...
- AgricolaDeHammo said @Gemma, Indeed it’s now the case that IR...
- Johnno said Dave N. - The Judge sure is an appropriate spokes...
- TKS said Thank you, Father.
- Johnno said The reason there are so many problems in the Churc...
- CGPearson said Correct me if I’m wrong, @JonPatrick, but to...
- Imrahil said As to the discussion begun with the dear @BridgetT...
- mr205 said It seems to me that some on the left think that th...
- happyCatholic said Here is what I will say for capitalism as it has b...
- Dave N. said It’s a little difficult to reconcile “...
- SophiaGrace said Thank you, Father.
- annmarie said I agree with most of what Judge Napolitano said....
- Joboww said @Sword he calls himself a libertarian and subscri...
- DavidR said Continuing to listen, and to pray for you daily....
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- The Feeder Feed: Christological Goldfinch Sighting!
- Andrew Napolitano reacts to Pope Francis comments on economics
- ADVENTCAzT 06: 1st Friday of Advent – “boogeymen”
- You have GOT to be joking: Making the sacred as ugly as sin!
- “Antinomianism in high places” – Canonist Ed Peters on divorce, remarriage, Communion
- QUAERITUR: Am I being selfish for not reading at Mass?
- Some reading options… including a Chinese invasion of Seattle!
- ADVENTCAzT 05: 1st Thursday of Advent – “Our miserable flesh”
- Fox News opinion piece BLASTS Pope Francis as “the Catholic Church’s Obama”
- Why don’t as many men go to church as women?
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 450 years ago today: Council of Trent closed!
- Active Participation … for WHOM?
- “If you want your Latin in the Mass, you can keep your Latin in the Mass. PERIOD!”
- 50 years ago today: BUGNINICARE!
- QUAERITUR: Can choristers receive Communion after Mass?
- ADVENTCAzT 04: 1st Wednesday of Advent – “Advent is not a sacred liturgical play.”
- Pope Francis: Peace which is not tranquility.
- Pope Bouncer
- ADVENT: Ideas for your season of preparation
- ALERT! A “wine” that perhaps isn’t really wine!
- Boston church vandalized
- ADVENTCAzT 03: 1st Tuesday of Advent – “The lights we kindle”
- Another evil attack on the Church and religious freedom in these USA
- Pope Francis: former bouncer
- “If you don’t see Merry Christmas in the window”… a song about shopping. VIDEO
- Gift ideas and a really swell way to get your caffeine fix!
- Wherein Fr. Z posts his annual rant on BLUE vestments and then sings to you. POLL!
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
For for thought:
Those who have least power in the decline of a State, are priests, soldiers, the mothers of many children, the lovers of one woman, and saints.
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded— here and there, now and then— are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty. This is known as ‘bad luck.’”
- Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Tag Archives: Houston
Santorum’s Catholicism, candidacy, and Archbp. Chaput’s address “The Vocation of Christians in American Public Life”
It is timely to haul this old PODCAzT out of cold storage. In light of presidential candidate Rick Santorum’s comments about Pres. Kennedy and Catholicism and the public square, let’s review Archbp. Chaput’s outstanding address in Houston in 2010.
This could … Continue reading
Today in Houston there was a presser with Card. DiNardo of Houston-Galveston and Msgr. Steenson the Ordinary of the Personal Ordinariate of the Chair of Peter.
Both men has good Patristic credentials.
Card. DiNardo is an alumus of my school, the Patristic … Continue reading
I had to read the headline of the story twice, and let it sink in.
From LifeSite comes this … what is the word… puzzling? bit of news.
Houston Democrats Throw Christmas Party at Planned Parenthood
by Steven Ertelt | Houston, TX | … Continue reading
Speaking of Houston, I just noticed that our friends at Rorate posted this.
For your Brick by Brick file.
Wonderful news for the faithful of the largest city in the great state: a full Parish, exclusively dedicated to the Traditional Roman Liturgy … Continue reading
With my emphases and comments, Cardinal Burke’s recent sermon…
PRO-LIFE PROGRAM, CATHOLIC CHARISMATIC CENTER
MASS FOR CLERGY
MONDAY OF THE THIRD WEEK OF EASTER
CATHOLIC CHARISMATIC CENTER
MAY 9, 2011
Ps 119:23-24, 26-27, 29-30
Praised be Jesus Christ, now and for ever!
The … Continue reading
We knew liberals wouldn’t like Archbishop Chaput’s important speech in Houston.
They never disappoint.
The blog Mirror of Justice found a comment by Paul Baumann, the editor of the liberal leaning Commonweal, on Commonweal’s blog under an entry by Fr. Joseph Komonchak.
The … Continue reading
On Monday evening, 1 March 2010, Archbishop Charles Chaput of Denver gave a speech at Houston Baptist University called “The Vocation of Christians in American Public Life”.
The lecture was presented in coordination with the Pope John Paul II … Continue reading