HAM RADIO W9FRZ STATUS
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
I had to change the way that people go to amazon to buy things because... you know... why make it easy?. So, just click the link below. Once you're in, you're good to shop.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- RichR: Father, These posts remind me that there are beautiful things in this world. It also shows people that you aren’t a mean old curmudgeon who sits in his home hating Vatican II ;-) You seem...
- Jerome Charles: Fr. MartinR 17;s premise is wrong. There is NO room for LGBT people in the Catholic Church. They should another church, for starters 8230; I don’ t really believe that....
- Gab: Enjoying Your travelogue s, Father Z.
- deaconjohn1987: Thank you, Cardinal Müller!
- JayDeee: Love all the Roman history, so thank you for posting. Was admiring your small apartment hack, then I thought, wait… ;… 8230; how did he manage to get a Swiss Guard Army knife...
- Gab: “Here lies Valetta, worthy of eternal honour, terror of Asia [meaning Asia Minor] and Libya [Meaning North Africa] and sometime shield of Europe whence he subdued through sacred arms the Geta...
- West of the Potomac: I was at Ss. Trinita for the Triduum and that Paschal candle was very tall. The MC had to climb a large step stool to light it. It must burn *really* fast! P.S. Try the panch...
- SKAY: Gab said: “Mor e than anything, Fr Martin needs our prayers. 8221; So do those whom he has led astray.
- SKAY: Gab said: “Mor e than anything, Fr Martin needs our prayers. 8221; So do those whom he has led astray.
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf: acardnal says: difficult to come by Thus the stage is set!
- acardnal: Yes, it seems ketchup is indeed difficult to come by overseas. When I was travelling throughout the middle east on business in the 1980’ ;s, ketchup was not available in restaurant s...
- Gab: More than anything, Fr Martin needs our prayers.
- Semper Gumby: Thanks for the links to rebuttals by Fr. Sirico and by First Things. Good to see First Things getting back on track after that peculiar “Aga inst the Dead Consensus& #8221;...
- tho: The catechism has it right “int rinsically disordered ”, which means by its’ very nature, how hard is that to understand . If a bishop or priest doesn̵ 7;t get behind...
- TomG: bibi1003: I think it’s time to start naming the diocese, if not the name of the ordinary.
- GregB: In James 5:19-20: * 19 My brethren, if any one among you wanders from the truth and some one brings him back, 20 let him know that whoever brings back a sinner from the error of his way will...
- monstrance: Just ordered Great Siege – Thank you Fr Z for heads up
- bibi1003: My bishop actively supports Fr. Martin and New Ways Ministry 8211;he speaks at their events. Yet he has never issued a public statement supporting the right to life. I find that incre...
- OrdinaryCatholic: Fr. Martin and those who think as he does cannot seriously be contemplat ing the the final judgment. What we see in Fr. Martin is what will become more and more prevalent in the...
- acardnal: That old radio is probably loaded with vacuum tubes (valves in England). I started my career in electronic s with tubes: diodes, triodes, tetrodes, pentodes with their filaments, cathod...
- acardnal: Seeing that old set-top radio caused my mind to think of Mussolini& #8217;s voice coming out of it.
- Kevin: No millstone deserves that fate!?
- Ms. M-S: Genesis 1: 26-28 Mark 10:7 Matthew 5:11 2 Timothy 4:3-4 I won’ t add the reference to the millstone around the neck, but I hope Fr. Martin has occasion to reflect upon it before...
- Gab: There is only one, holy, catholic and Apostolic Church which is the mystical body of Christ. Regardless of how we humans try to destroy it from within and without, the Church will remain the...
- Gab: The rose-gold, black and silver combinatio n will look stunning. And the blue/gold patterned done in a black/silv er will by outstandin g. Good choices, Father.
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- Card. Müller on deaconettes. “No.”
- Rome Day 3: Roman trash talk, perspiration, and prostitutes
- Requests for GREGORIAN MASSES and PRIESTS who can say them
- Persecuted Fr. Kalchik responds to homosexualist Jesuit Martin
- Anniversary of a turning point in Christian history
- NEW FROM MITSUI! Our Lady Untier of Knots
- Stupid angry lib (I know, tautology) at The Atlantic against priesthood
- Rome Day 1-2: Views, fabrics and eats
- My View For Awhile: All Roads Edition
- WDTPRS – 4th Sunday after Easter (1962MR): The smoke of Satan
- WDTPRS – 5th Sunday of Easter: The prayer’s very word order reveals God’s love
- CQ CQ CQ Ham Radio Saturday: QSL Cards and some firsts
- VIDEO: Diaconate Ordination of the the Ordinariate of the Chair of St. Peter @CSPOrd
- Donations, PayPal, alternatives, and you
- Irish Ass. of Catholic Priests in toddler meltdown mode against Francis over no women deacons
- CQ CQ CQ Ham Radio Thursday: ZedNet, my first pile up, and remote from GITMO and… Vatican City?
- GERMANY: Pro-women’s ordination group: “We want to take Mary off her pedestal”
- What’s up at the southern border of these USA
- Lib liturgy positivists force people to stand after Communion
- Student ‘steals’ pro-life sign on camera, gets arrested, but she’s the victim!
- Benedict XVI’s recent essay is a subtle correction of Amoris laetitia ch. 8
- 15-18 July 2019: East Coast Priest Conference in Wheeling, WV – looks good!
- NEW BOOK from Martin Mosebach – Subversive Catholicism: Papacy, Liturgy, Church
- ASK FATHER: The TLM’s Orationes Diversae and Oratio Imperata
- Historic chasuble rediviva
- MULTIPLE CMEs ARE COMING – GEOMAGNETIC STORM UNDERWAY NOW
- The shortage of priests didn’t just happen by itself, it was engineered.
- 14 May – St. Paul, MN: Argument of the Month – SSPX
- Day 8-11 – NS Guantanamo Bay: Homeward, delayed and GITMO colors
- “Don’t bite the priest!”
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
Tag Archives: Humanae vitae
Some committed Catholics today, like Donatists, think that one strike is the only and permanent strike, without possibility of conversion, penance and return to the path of holiness. Some others today, on the other hand, claim that the Church – … Continue reading
Here is an audio offering in which I read the post, here-under. Hopefully this will allow more people to absorb a few of my poor thoughts on this important anniversary. Let’s start with a taste of the text… there’s some … Continue reading
I received a copy of the new and timely book edited by Janet Smith. It is, right now, available for pre-order at what I assume is a reduced price. This is a collection of essays. Why Humanae Vitae Is Still … Continue reading
The war on the teaching of Humanae vitae continued today with an offering at ultra-liberal Commonweal by Massimo “Beans” Faggioli. Beans spends a lot of time on Twitter throwing out one inflammatory tweet after another as click bait. Faggioli takes … Continue reading
There is a plentiful lack of clarity these days. How refreshing it is when we hear or read something that is faithful, true and clear. I offer for your attention a commencement address given at Thomas Aquinas College in California … Continue reading
UDPATED Two stories intersect in Ch 8 of Amoris laetitia: An attack on Humanae vitae and a Cardinal speaks up
UPDATE 11 Jan: Fathers and seminarians, Be sure to read the response by a good theological to the bad theologian – the canary in the mine shaft – who at a Jesuit school launched an attack on the integrity of Humanae … Continue reading
If the unrepentent sinner, unshriven and without a firm purpose of amendment, can officially be admitted to Holy Communion, it’s game over for discipline in the Church. It’s over for authoritative teaching on faith and morals. If Christ was wrong about marriage … Continue reading
Some of you will remember those commercials years ago where some guys, sitting with friends is a loud restaurant, says something like, “My broker is Joe Bagofdonuts. Joe says…”, and suddenly the entire restaurant is dead still with everyone leaning … Continue reading
Andrea Gagliarducci has a thought provoking offering for his weekly Vatican Monday. He raises the question of who will defend the legacy, the magisterium of Pope John Paul II. He writes about the Left, liberal sex-obsessed agenda: Humanae vitae and those … Continue reading
I’ve been receiving angry, anxious, frustrated and even panicky emails about a “commission” which was allegedly appointed by Pope Francis to “reinterpret” Paul VI’s important and prophetic (as well as hated by libs and feared) encyclical Humanae vitae. My sources tell … Continue reading
Imagine how shocked I am at this news. From Catholic Culture: Theologians’ conflicts of interest Gregory Baum, one of the influential theologians who led the charge against Humanae Vitae, has now revealed that he is, and has been since the … Continue reading
It’s not an urban legend, it’s a LIE: Paul VI did NOT give permission to nuns to use contraceptives.
The other day Pope Francis, in the infamous post-Mexico airplane presser, said: Paolo VI – il grande! – in una situazione difficile, in Africa, ha permesso alle suore di usare gli anticoncezionali per i casi di violenza. … Paul VI … Continue reading
From EWTN news: Pope Francis took the opportunity during an address to families in the Philippines to praise Blessed Pope Paul VI’s encyclical opposing contraception and affirming Church teaching on sexuality and human life. The Pope spoke Friday to families … Continue reading
First, the moderation queue is ON. Before you reach to my rant (below), there is a must read piece at the blog of Prof. Ed Peters, canoniste extraordinaire, about the two groups who are tugging on the annulment process issue. … Continue reading
The Fishwrap (aka National Schismatic Reporter) is having a spittle-flecked nutty about the upcoming Synod’s Instrumentum Laboris. Ho hum. They are, I think, afraid that the Synod is not going to relax the “rules” (read: doctrine) about Communion for the remarried without declarations … Continue reading