Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- trespinos said Having only begun daily recitation of the Rosary l...
- Wiktor said @Suburbanbanshee – thank you for comments.
- Charles E Flynn said My only problem with the Luminous Mysteries is tha...
- Frank_Bearer said Who’s idea was this again? Oh, right. We are...
- Nicholas said May one who is underage bring root beer?
- Militans said I was given a rosary by my grandmother before she...
- Wiktor said I’d say that I pray the Extraordinary Form o...
- iPadre said Since the Rosary is only a simple devotion (I̵...
- benedetta said I don’t see the Luminous Mysteries as taking...
- Sid Cundiff in NC said “The mysteries of the Rosary focus on the my...
- LeeF said I didn’t like them at first but do now, and...
- KM Edwards said I am grateful that, sinful as I am, Our Lady has l...
- Polycarpio said I agree with AVL. Catholic News Service has a pie...
- Suburbanbanshee said I’m pretty sure the i-heart represents ̶...
- vetusta ecclesia said Supertradmum: I think that the strawberries from t...
- janeway529 said Fr. Z, you do realize that in Italy, the rainbow/r...
- Suburbanbanshee said The old feast of St. Bartholomew’s Day was o...
- frahobbit said The Luminous mysteries evoke for me references to...
- Nicholas said As one of the youngest readers of this blog(16) I...
- Suburbanbanshee said Mead is usually associated with the feasts of the...
- Anita Moore OPL said I don’t say the Luminous Mysteries because t...
- Papabile said I honestly believe that the Luminous Mysteries wil...
- PaterAugustinus said I came to the Catholic Church from the Orthodox Ch...
- schmenz said I ignore them. Contrived and frankly embarrassing...
- Tony McGough said Hey, Fr Z, you really are missing out! The Myster...
- Suburbanbanshee said I didn’t like them at first, but now I do. F...
- Marc M said I like ‘em. I find each of the 20 mysteries...
- KM Edwards said “By God’s love and man’s sweat,...
- KM Edwards said “By God’s love and man’s sweat,...
- A.D. said For years I thought something was missing from the...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- ¿Hablas español? NEW SPANISH/LATIN TLM Hand Missal! And Fr. Z rants.
- POLL: The Luminous Mysteries – For them or against them?
- More Boko Haram Terror in Nigeria against Christians
- ACTION ITEM! 9 Sept – International Buy a Priest a Beer Day!
- FOLLOW UP: Soccer Match for Peace – COEXIST sighting
- “to become highly educated, travel the world … without being beholden to a husband or children”
- UPDATE – Soccer game for peace!
- ASK FATHER: Hand missals, Mass books for children
- ASK FATHER: Father gave me a penance that discouraged me.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- NIGERIA: The Religion of Peace terrorizes Catholic parishes
- WDTPRS 22nd Ordinary Sunday: graft into our hearts the love of Your Name
- GUEST POST: “I celebrated the Traditional Latin Mass before today’s exorcism…”
- ASK FATHER: EMHCs when instituted acolytes are present
- Time in Rome is a sacrifice, not a career move.
- ACTION ITEM! Pre-Order (25% off) Book from 5 Cardinals in defense of marriage and tradition – UPDATE
- Muslim rape gangs enabled by the Left
- Aroma Therapy – Catholic style
- ASK FATHER: So angry from liturgical abuses that I didn’t go to Communion!
- 29 August: Beheading of St. John the Baptist – diminishing returns
- ACTION ITEM! Calling Catholic Patriots! Military Archdiocese needs your help
- ASK FATHER: Metropolitan Archbishops and Pontifical Masses
- QUAERITUR: What’s the best translation of St. Augustine’s “The Confessions”?
- Wherein Fr. Z dies a painful death
- Pontifical Mass sighting
- Congratulations Rep. Sensenbrenner!
- Bp. Galatino: “Couples in irregular matrimonial situations…”
- Card. Cañizares Llovera, Prefect of CDW, transferred to Valencia
- The popular pontificate of Pope Francis: two views
- St. Monica: “put my body anywhere”
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Tag Archives: Humanae vitae
The Fishwrap (aka National Schismatic Reporter) is having a spittle-flecked nutty about the upcoming Synod’s Instrumentum Laboris. Ho hum.
They are, I think, afraid that the Synod is not going to relax the “rules” (read: doctrine) about Communion for the remarried without declarations of … Continue reading
At Homiletic and Pastoral Review there is a good article by Fr. Regis Scanlon, OFMCap. Let’s see the first part, with my emphases:
Fifty years after the opening of the Second Vatican Council, the Church in the United States is in … Continue reading
Paul VI: “danger of this power passing into the hands of those public authorities who care little for the precepts of the moral law”
The pontificate of Paul VI produced many a disaster, in my opinion, but when it came to a crucial turning point, in the face of diabolical opposition Paul VI issued Humane vitae.
I suspect many of you have never actually read … Continue reading
In Caritas in veritate there is a reference to Humanae vitae.
Remember that the Pope is addressing himself ad intra and ad extra, to the Church herself and to the world at large.
15. Two further documents by Paul VI without any … Continue reading
L’Osservatore Romano trying to redeem itself before Pres. Obama’s visit? Taking aim at the President?
As you know, L’Osservatore Romano embarrassed itself and the Holy See several times in the last couple months either through direction by the Secretariat of State, or extreme Euro-naivete, or both, as it helped grease the skids for a meeting … Continue reading