You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- maryh said First of all, I also like the Catholic concept of...
- Bruce said When I was younger I helped sail a few boats in Ha...
- JonPatrick said Supertradmum, you said what I was trying to say, o...
- Katylamb said Father, I understand about the Eastern Catholics a...
- boxerpaws1952 said rock concert or Mass?
- Tom in NY said Quaeritur: Why would the author not have used mitt...
- patrick.lynch said “Their hatred and condescension is sufficien...
- patrick.lynch said “I have no problem with this – as long as yo...
- Cincinnati Priest said janeway529: Thanks for posting the L.A. Religious...
- PatB said Carrying an umbrella means you are walking around...
- PatB said I hear plenty of mispronounced Latin from the alta...
- Supertradmum said I love sailing, but have not done so for years. Th...
- Supertradmum said The lack of objectivity in argumentation on this p...
- wmeyer said My own very limited experience with sailing began...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said acardnal: Yes, indeed. Though I am by no stretch...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said It pleases the gentleman to be jocular!
- acardnal said Have you ever sailed a boat yourself or been saili...
- Jeannie_C said OrthodoxChick it isn’t only the TLM devotees...
- RoyceReed said I appreciate Fr. Z posting this, especially in lig...
- UncleBlobb said Hopefully he knows what to do with his starboard g...
- CatholicCoffee said patrick.lynch: you sound like you want to be a Cat...
- acardnal said The Canonical day beginning/ending at midnight is...
- Dr. Edward Peters said “Doesn’t each day begin at Vespers, liturgic...
- patrick.lynch said “Your freedom to celebrate the TLM is my fre...
- drea916 said Most people wouldn’t attend either of those....
- JabbaPapa said Doesn’t each day begin at Vespers, liturgically? Y...
- Imrahil said Note that when I said “the Elder Son had a p...
- CatholicCoffee said Henry Edwards: Do those making such comments reall...
- Imrahil said Reverend dear @Fr Fox, thank you again for your co...
- LarryW2LJ said Hoo boy! I think I would have walked as soon as m...
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- My view for a while
- QUAERITUR: Communion on Saturday evening, then twice on Sunday?
- WDTPRS Trinity Sunday – shared glory, majesty’s gift
- Something funny for Friday
- “Liturgies” compared
- Pope Francis’ Prayer to Mary
- QUAERITUR: Greek island without a Catholic church on Sunday
- Praise ye him, O sun and moon: praise him, all ye stars and light.
- Pope Francis on the possibility of salvation for atheists
- A Pastor’s Page: We are Catholic to the extent that we accept Church teaching in its entirety.
- Pope Francis and the “exorcism”
- A priest reacts to priests reacting to the new translation
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- A new Catholic “whistle-blower” group
- Ed Peters on the suicide at Notre-Dame de Paris
- QUAERITUR: Can Father require all servers to stand to receive Communion?
- Lest We Forget: Of surveys, liturgical translations and whining
- ATTENTION PRIESTS
- Disasters, Death, and You
- Learning from disaster
- OLDIE PODCAzT 119: The Holy Name and Blasphemy
- WDTPRS POLL: All-male sanctuary/altar service and vocations to the priesthood.
- QUAERITUR: The colors of altar boy cassocks
- Quilisma by Quilisma! ROME: A Masters Degree in Gregorian Chant!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Your Good News
- St. Golden Girl
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Grab and Go Food Kit… 3 servings per day for 1 adult for 4 weeks or 4 adults for 1 week
Tag Archives: Humanae vitae
At Homiletic and Pastoral Review there is a good article by Fr. Regis Scanlon, OFMCap. Let’s see the first part, with my emphases:
Fifty years after the opening of the Second Vatican Council, the Church in the United States is in … Continue reading
Paul VI: “danger of this power passing into the hands of those public authorities who care little for the precepts of the moral law”
The pontificate of Paul VI produced many a disaster, in my opinion, but when it came to a crucial turning point, in the face of diabolical opposition Paul VI issued Humane vitae.
I suspect many of you have never actually read … Continue reading
In Caritas in veritate there is a reference to Humanae vitae.
Remember that the Pope is addressing himself ad intra and ad extra, to the Church herself and to the world at large.
15. Two further documents by Paul VI without any … Continue reading
L’Osservatore Romano trying to redeem itself before Pres. Obama’s visit? Taking aim at the President?
As you know, L’Osservatore Romano embarrassed itself and the Holy See several times in the last couple months either through direction by the Secretariat of State, or extreme Euro-naivete, or both, as it helped grease the skids for a meeting … Continue reading