Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- AAJD said I met Fr. Illo when we were both teaching in Ukrai...
- excalibur said Lay people are asked what is their opinion. When i...
- thomas tucker said Cardinal Marx, in denigrating the Church’s a...
- Mary Jane said “What percentage of priest ministering in th...
- Mojoron said What’s the deal with Card Rodriguez in the p...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Hans (et al.), I searched for “Rodiguez Mara...
- Lin said I pray Cardinal Burke is chosen to be our next pop...
- happyCatholic said mikeinmo, Thanks so much for posting that link fro...
- gramma10 said The austere environment actually is a great thing...
- Matt Robare said And to think my Frankish ancestors used to tonsure...
- robtbrown said Nothing surprising. 1. Those who were ordained f...
- Kathleen10 said Yet this is what the Cardinals wanted when they el...
- Netmilsmom said We just attended Ba’utha at a local Chaldean...
- majuscule said Interview with Fr. Illo (audio): http://sfarchdioc...
- Liz said Sorry but the above is a link to people who can h...
- Liz said http://www.gofundme.com/kvc80g
- Charles E Flynn said I wonder if the book containing the instructions f...
- The Cobbler said Bring back the Minor Orders! *ahem* Fr. Jim, if I...
- acardnal said I don’t think the hyperlink worked above: h...
- acardnal said Supplementing jhayes comment above, Fr. Z remarked...
- acardnal said Regarding repentance and mercy, Pope Francis remin...
- acardnal said I wish Cardinal Maradiaga would spend more time in...
- Tim Ferguson said I could think of worse punishments. He could be as...
- acardnal said Jesus (and the New Testament) spoke many, many, ma...
- truthfinder said There was a lot of terrible reporting in that news...
- mbutton said At which point is the cardinal “open to the...
- Hans said I’m sorry, but if there’s a link to or...
- Per Signum Crucis said That 71% of active priests serving in the US were...
- Bosco said Just as an addendum, may I suggest that I have nev...
- APX said A monastery is not a halfway house. A halfway hous...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Of Cardinals and Canaries
- Life with Capuchins? Take me back to jail!
- ACTION ITEM! Send Fr. Z Christmas cards from around the world – UPDATE
- San Francisco parish takes step in right direction. Sky falls on pastor’s head.
- Washington DC attacks religious freedom of Catholic schools
- Card. Burke’s sermon on marriage
- More on RABBITGATE
- ACTION ITEM! Help Franciscan Friars!
- Another triumph for peace in our day
- How did ‘ad orientem’ worship go in the Diocese of Lincoln?
- Girl altar servers: a woman’s perspective
- ASK FATHER: Punching the Archbishop after he punches you
- ASK FATHER: Bisexual woman called hypocrite by mother for not accepting sister’s transgender lifestyle
- ASK FATHER: Boss threatens to fire me if I don’t receive Communion.
- Archbp. Cordileone to Nancy Pelosi: No Catholic Can Dissent from Church Teaching on Abortion
- Card. Marx pulls a fast one with the text of ‘Evangelii gaudium’.
- Richard McBrien, RIP. Fishwrap’s encomium.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- “Je Suis Charles Martel”
- My View For Awhile: Jiggity Jig
- Francis to new bishops…
- ASK FATHER: When is enough, enough?
- A piece of good news
- WASH DC – DAY 3: Old stuff
- Pope Francis says: GO TO CONFESSION!
- Petition for a Catholic Requiem for King Richard III
- WASH DC – DAY 2: Tickle the Lord Edition
- ASK FATHER: Simple Exposition
- Happy Name Day, Card. Burke!
- WASH DC – DAY 1: March and Pontifical Mass
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Tag Archives: incense
A priest friend sent this to share for your Just Too Cool file. From Science Daily:
Burning Incense Is Psychoactive: New Class Of Antidepressants Might Be Right Under Our Noses
Religious leaders have contended for millennia that burning incense is good for … Continue reading
From a reader:
Would it be an abuse to use an eastern thurible in the Roman Rite even if the bells are removed? Sometimes it seems more efficient to use especially in Eucharistic processions.
I don’t know that it would be an … Continue reading
Not long ago, I had a question from a reader about a good way to clean an encrusted thurible (the thing in which we burn incense and then swing around, from the Latin word “thus… incense”).
At the site of Romanitas … Continue reading
From a reader:
I am writing to ask you about the proper provision for incense at Holy Mass. Can you or your readers recommend a way to ensure a plentiful supply of incense smoke from a thurible at Mass, and to … Continue reading
From a reader:
Our pastor has stopped using the traditional censer at
Solemn Masses (of which he has very few –only the highest of feasts)
in favor of using a free-standing incense bowl that he places in front
of the altar of sacrifice. The … Continue reading
Here is a quick PODCAzT which includes a conversation over skype with His Hermeneuticalness himself, Fr. Timothy Finigan, parish priest in Blackfen, Kent.
Then I go on with multiple digressions about a special blessings in the pre-Conciliar Rituale Romanum for the … Continue reading