You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- joecct77 said There are some weddings that are a 3 ring circus.
- Sandy said southernpriest, that was a beautiful comment! Mot...
- gambletrainman said pelerin: Speaking of angels on skateboards, did yo...
- southernpriest said Just watched the videos and had several reactions....
- discipulus said I believe the celebrant Auxiliary Bishop in the LA...
- jasoncpetty said that wasn’t a female priest, that was a Bishop’s B...
- pelerin said Fr G – now I’ve seen it all – an...
- Fr Martin Fox said Cosmos: I don’t know what to do with such Sc...
- OrthodoxChick said I’ve never seen that before – too funn...
- mairead said Fr G that was horrific !
- APX said The first time I watches this my dog was alive and...
- ppb said wmeyer and Father G: okay, you’ve convinced...
- APX said I agree with Jeannie_C: how is this different from...
- Will D. said Hardly a fair comparison. Good Friday, a day of gr...
- acardnal said LOL. You’re right, Father. It’s stil
- JohnE said The Orthodox liturgy looks solemn and reverent and...
- CatholicintheAgeofAquarius said Jeannie_C and Catholic Coffee — I think we...
- Father G said There is a sequel to this video: http://www.youtub...
- Catholicman44455 said Does anyone care whether having girls serve at the...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said It wasn’t all that bad. And we learn to rol...
- CatholicCoffee said Sorry to hear you were down, Fr. Today is Mary Hel...
- chantgirl said Jeannie_C – To be honest the Mass in LA does...
- frjim4321 said Well, neither are really anything I would be much...
- CatholicCoffee said I agree with Jeannie_C: how is this different from...
- Robbie said Jeannie_C Respectfully, this video demonstrates a...
- Joe of St Thérèse said To be fair, I’ve seen at the parish level in...
- Cheesesteak Expert said smad0142 , what dogma does not come to us from the...
- wmeyer said I would agree with those who have already stated t...
- OrthodoxChick said Is there any chance that Pope Francis could call a...
- Liturgies – Catholic vs Orthodox | Catholicism and Adventism said [...] Liturgies – Catholic vs Orthodox May 2...
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- Something funny for Friday
- “Liturgies” compared
- Pope Francis’ Prayer to Mary
- QUAERITUR: Greek island without a Catholic church on Sunday
- Praise ye him, O sun and moon: praise him, all ye stars and light.
- Pope Francis on the possibility of salvation for atheists
- A Pastor’s Page: We are Catholic to the extent that we accept Church teaching in its entirety.
- Pope Francis and the “exorcism”
- A priest reacts to priests reacting to the new translation
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- A new Catholic “whistle-blower” group
- Ed Peters on the suicide at Notre-Dame de Paris
- QUAERITUR: Can Father require all servers to stand to receive Communion?
- Lest We Forget: Of surveys, liturgical translations and whining
- Disasters, Death, and You
- Learning from disaster
- ATTENTION PRIESTS
- OLDIE PODCAzT 119: The Holy Name and Blasphemy
- WDTPRS POLL: All-male sanctuary/altar service and vocations to the priesthood.
- QUAERITUR: The colors of altar boy cassocks
- Quilisma by Quilisma! ROME: A Masters Degree in Gregorian Chant!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Your Good News
- St. Golden Girl
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Grab and Go Food Kit… 3 servings per day for 1 adult for 4 weeks or 4 adults for 1 week
Tag Archives: ineffable
I don’t want to upset any of you with this, but I am going to inflict a word on you poor ignorant readers which many consider to be tooo haaard for Mary and Joe Catholic.
Yes, I mean the dread
Some of you … Continue reading
For my weary brethren, 1st Vespers for Holy Family from the Breviarium Romanum. I sing the hymn and recite the rest. FOLLOW ALONG.
There is a prime use of “ineffable”.
The hymn is beautiful in both words and melody. Here is a … Continue reading
Michael Sean Winters of the National Catholic Reporter Fishwrap and I are both carbon-based life forms. I don’t think we have agreed on much else.
That said, on a day when I also agree with something on the site of the … Continue reading
I have not seen yet a copy of the YouCat, the catechism prepared for young people. That said, I was amused by an excerpt, a paragraph from the same, a reader sent today:
183. Why is there music at liturgies, and what … Continue reading
During the preparation of the new translation, some defenders of the old way of doing things, the so-called “dynamic equivalence” method of translation, carped about the new goal of greater accuracy would be tooo haard for people in the pews. … Continue reading
Yesterday I wrote my column for the Christmas issue of The Wanderer. Inter alia I delved into what St. Augustine said about the eternal Word becoming an infans, "incapable of speech", as the Lord’s way of teaching humility. Augustine explores … Continue reading
His Excellency Most Rev. Donald "Ineffable" Trautman, the Bishop of Erie, is concerned that people in the pews aren’t able to understand words such as "ineffable".
Granted, vocabulary of the new translation of the Roman Missal is no longer his primary … Continue reading
Before reading this be sure to remove all children below High School age from proximity to the monitor or screen.
From a reader comes this troubling note:
I had to share this with you, seeing as you seem to enjoy finding "ineffables" … Continue reading
Perusing Romano Guardini’s The Rosary of Our Lady on the Third Glorious Mystery I found this little gem…
Her life must have been ineffable in its tranquility.
Guardini, Romano. The Rosary of Our Lady. (Trans. H. von Schuecking). New York: P.J. Kenedy … Continue reading