Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Benedict Joseph: So much floats to the top, I hardly know what to write. I braved reading a substantia l portion of the Grand Jury Report today. As much as I ever will. It struck home because as a...
- nine man morris: I thought gay men were supposed to have a good fashion sense! What happened? Seriously, girlfriend , that thing is hideous! ;P
- Charlotte Allen: I’ve got abuse-scan dals fatigue right now. I’ve lived through two rounds of this stuff: the 1990s and the early 2000s. Always the same scenario: A round of pries...
- GregB: Fr. Martin Fox: * The article that I referenced was was about how the hierarchy of active homosexual clergy can isolate and neutralize faithful clergy. The priest who wrote the article has...
- Joseph Arthur: A new traditiona l Benedictin e monastery for women has just opened this past February in Silver City, NM close to the traditiona l monastery for men. http://ssp x.org/en/n ews-eve...
- Dismas: You know, the more revolting, humiliatin g, and downright evil this Ireland meeting is turning out to be, the less that I am troubled by it. The “usu al suspects 8221; can consp...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf: WmHesch says: Juvenal – green hues – cinaedus YUCK. He indeed does. Satire 9. For those of you who don’ t know, in Latin cinaedus is a “sod omite̶ 1;...
- SanSan: https://ww w.youtube. com/watch? v=6gHPCs6e PDo The Chastismen t of Holy Mother ChurchR 30;… when did it start?
- ChrisP: Darn auto text. The second one should be catholics.
- WmHesch: Juvenal associates green hues of this sort with a cinaedus
- amulack: NBW, 666, that’ ;s exactly what I saw right away, sperm shaped 666. Looks nothing like the triple Celtic spiral.
- ChrisP: The mistake being made here is that people think the meeting is addressing Catholics. It’s not. It’s addressing Catholics, the media and the money.
- Lurker 59: In the masthead is the painting of the laywoman insisting that the cardinal take his medicine. Pope Francis talks of the Church being a field hospital. In field hospitals, there are...
- grumpyoldCatholic: Please pray for Fr. Krier. He is in one of the most evil places around.. Las Vegas
- Joy65: World Family meeting in Ireland should definitely cancelled and the Pope should personally address each and every clergy member about the terrible abuse scandal that is eating up our Church...
- teomatteo: Sawyer, yes. Hopefully Archbishop O’Ma lley will not attend because he really wishes to remain respected amoung the faithful so as to help clean up the mess. That would say somet...
- Fr Martin Fox: GregB: People seem to think that priests all know each othersR 17; business. I can only speak for myself: I do not. If there is a “net work” ; in the Archdioces e of...
- NBW: Is this swirl design connected with a satanic swirl design that represents 666? Pastel really?? That whole meeting should be cancelled.
- NBW: Is this swirl design be connected with a satanic swirl design that represents 666? Pastel really?? That whole meeting should be cancelled.
- aliceinstpaul: –why good priests don’t turn in bad priests 230;The priest said that the active homosexual clergy can engage in entrapment to neutralize the faithful clergy. Quo vadis?
- Sawyer: @ pbnelson, it’s noteworthy that Cardinal Archbishop Sean O’Ma lley withdrew from attending and speaking at the conference . He used what’ ;s going on at his seminary as...
- HvonBlumenthal: Have you noticed that when it’s a criminal offence like rape, the bishops studiously followed canon law and ignored civilian law altogether . But when it comes to offences under...
- pbnelson: Naturally, I won’ t be listening to a word they say. But I *will* be noting who attends. Men with half a conscience , or at least half a brain, would do well to cancel their appea...
- Late for heaven: What, no rhinestone s? This conference looks more like a pride march. What they should be wearing is sackcloth and ashes.
- LeeGilbert: No, padre, you do not get the interlocki ng Celtic swirl thing. Chantgirl does. The fags in the fashion industry have been pushing that meme on men’ s shirts for the better part...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- Wherein Fr. Z offers one of the hardest posts he has ever written
- Yeahhh… this is exactly the right time to dress our clergy in pastels.
- The Rite of Degradation From The Order of Priesthood. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Fr Z calls for solidarity
- The PA Grand Jury Report
- AN OPEN APPEAL TO THE CARDINALS OF THE CATHOLIC CHURCH
- ASK FATHER: Your questions weigh heavily
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- ASK FATHER: “I now have doubt about sorting the doctrinal from the papal opinion.” Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- ASK FATHER: Faithful, active women religious. Where to go?
- Insightful observation about Pope Francis – UPDATES!
- St. Maximilian Kolbe, priest, martyr, ham radio operator, intercede for dissident ‘c’atholic media!
- Fr. Z’s Kitchen: Beans in a bottle, and Beans in a bubble.
- A Tale of Two Churches
- Your Good News – Mass for Benefactors
- Non-Catholics and Catholics alike wonder about changes to CCC 2276 on death penalty
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – UPDATE: Photos of seminarians Solemn Mass
- PODCAzT 165: Liturgical battles lost and won… and lost; don Camillo (Part X)
- Super creepy poster for “gay” conference reveals agenda
- Controversy over the Holy Father’s substitution of CCC 2267 continues.
- Omnium Gatherum: Francis falling, beans in flasks, Fishwrap’s Defarge, sexual abuse by nuns
- ASK FATHER: Invalidly married niece coming to visit with husband. What to do?
- ASK FATHER: Our Lady, Queen of the Clergy – “Young priests would like to know more…”
- “Association of the Lord’s Body with the needs of our bodies, and of his Blood with the needs of our souls…”
- “Twelve priests celebrated the traditional Mass for the first time during…”
- Archd. BOSTON – @bostoncatholic – Seminary and Cathedral
- WDTPRS – 19th Ordinary Sunday: trusting audacity and harrowing consolation
- US Navy and China faceoffs – disturbing
- The Goat Rodeo Continues: correction of French text of CCC 2267
- Vigil and the Tears of St Lawrence
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Tag Archives: inter-communion
You know how Communion in the hand was accomplished. You know how the use of “altar girls” was achieved.
Libs intentionally violate the law until the law is changed. That’s what happened. Moreover, even the restraints and caveats in the modified … Continue reading
Apparently, Card. Marx is “überrascht… surprised” by the letter from Rome. HERE
What’s next? Will they play the money card?
Did they play the money card yet?
I’d bet that would wear pretty thin pretty quickly with this Pope.
Meanwhile, Card. Woelki gave a … Continue reading
“If it’s just a symbol, then to hell with it!” Wherein a Lutheran tells it as it is and then Fr. Z rants a lot.
Years ago, I was – for my sins – sent by the pastor of the parish to attend a Thanksgiving Day “ecumenical” breakfast. When I entered the place, a young man in clerical cloths and a tag identifying himself as … Continue reading
There is a clear and present danger to Catholic doctrine, practice, identity which has already risen over the horizon and which looms larger as the weeks pass.
The exaltation of “conscience”, no matter what.
We are not talking about properly formed consciences, … Continue reading
There was a kerfuffle about some Lutherans who visited Pope Francis and then – horribile scriptu – were somehow invited to receive Holy Communion during a Mass. Frankly, I didn’t follow this too closely, though the very thought irritated me … Continue reading
Here we go again.
Pope Francis has offered some confusing observations about the possibility of Lutherans receiving Holy Communion in the Catholic Church.
I’m getting email… angry… alarmed… confused… sad… above all demoralized.
Edward Pentin has the best press breakdown I have seen … Continue reading
We didn’t think this was going to happen?
Six months into this pontificate, and people are starting to go a little crazy.
For example, the Archbishop of Birmingham is talking about intercommunion with Anglicans, based on a document which dates back to … Continue reading
From a reader:
I recently got laid off from my job, and have been doing whatever side work I can find until I find a stable job. One of these jobs has been to help in a Lutheran Service, by simply changing the … Continue reading
From a reader:
we will be on a Greek island without a Catholic church on a Sunday:
can we attend the Greek mass and/or receive the Sacrament?
You can, and I think should, attend the Greek Divine Liturgy if attending a … Continue reading
A reader alerted me to an article in US Catholic suggesting that Catholics can receive “communion” in Lutheran (read: Protestant) services.
Sound right to you?
Good… thought not.
Let’s have a look with my comments and emphases.
Should you pass on communion at a … Continue reading