You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- Rachel Gohlman said I am a woman. What I have noticed is that more of...
- Rachel Gohlman said Yes, the Novus Ordo needs to be the way it was int...
- Neil Addison said Here in England the tradition seems to be Red Cass...
- kiwitrad said I went to a Mass for the local school recently. T...
- The Sicilian Woman said Thanks all for sharing your good news! This threa...
- vetusta ecclesia said I have observed that it is common practice in Pola...
- The Sicilian Woman said VexillaRegis, that is a fine brigade of saints you...
- Helier said All 3 of my children have been altar servers ̵...
- Bob B. said Being a Catholic school teacher, I always felt it...
- Dave N. said @Robbie I only recently turned 36 so my history of...
- sciencemom said OrthodoxChick - Again, I’d recommend TigerDi...
- Norah said Jeannie_C said: Breaking open the Word is as impor...
- Chuck3030 said I have had experiences primarily in two parishes/a...
- Laura Lea said I have a great fear of committing this sin. I rea...
- Kieninger said As pastor of a large parish where altar girls were...
- M. K. said The parish I grew up in during the 1980s and early...
- Elizabeth M said mamajen – Congratulations! Last Sunday my...
- StJude said My car which I rely on for work developed a horrib...
- Elizabeth M said I remember years ago attending a TLM at a SSXP cha...
- StJude said Chaplet of the Divine Mercy said for you all. For...
- RCOkie said For all those affected by the tornadoes in the las...
- robtbrown said APX says: If we really want to blame the lack of v...
- maryh said @APX If we really want to blame the lack of vocati...
- maryh said @Catholictothecore That’s not going to work....
- cyejbv said This is purely anecdotal: my 15 year old son was...
- JacobWall said For anyone following the Ontario “Gay-school...
- APX said If we really want to blame the lack of vocations o...
- Suburbanbanshee said For discernment of God’s will, now that I...
- kneeler said Three things! 1) I have 4 acres of grass to mow, a...
- Catholictothecore said It would be interesting to see some kind of a surv...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- OLDIE PODCAzT 119: The Holy Name and Blasphemy
- WDTPRS POLL: All-male sanctuary/altar service and vocations to the priesthood.
- QUAERITUR: The colors of altar boy cassocks
- Quilisma by Quilisma! ROME: A Masters Degree in Gregorian Chant!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Your Good News
- St. Golden Girl
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
- Beauty break
- GUEST POST: “No more terrible Latin.”
- Francis and friend
- Looking for summer reading? Try book Pope Francis likes!
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- QUAERITUR: Getting married on a Friday. Must I abstain from meat? Fr. Z includes a brief rant.
- An exercise in fine noontime dining!
- FATHERS! Is your wi-fi, your network, secure? BISHOPS! Read this and ponder!
- Judge rules: Bp. Finn cannot be held liable in a civil lawsuit against a priest
- Again about validity of absolutions by SSPX priests
- Edgewood College to have a “Dominican Catholic mass”?
- Ramifications of the new normal
- Men want arguments!
- How the LCWR, Magisterium of Nuns, get around the Church’s teaching and hierarchy
- The Pope wasn’t killed by a nail to the skull
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Tag Archives: iPhone
The Franciscan Friars of the Immaculate created an app for the 1962 Breviarium Romanum. It is now available, FREE, for the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad.
This may be a way for some of you to get more familiar with the … Continue reading
From a reader:
My confessor strongly recommended I spend time in adoration. I’ve been hesitant because I’ve never done it before, but I decided to do it tonight after Mass. I just have one problem…
What exactly am I supposed to do … Continue reading
Those of you who have iPhones… have you noticed a glitch in the alarm function since the first of the year?
My alarms have not rung either yesterday or today. It is a good thing I woke up when I did!
Heard … Continue reading
This is definitely for your Just Too Cool file.
From cultofmac comes this great story:
Father and Son Launch iPhone, HD Video Camera into Space
By Adam Rosen (4:00 am, Oct. 12, 2010)
Taking their iPhone Where No iDevice Has Gone Before, a father … Continue reading
From a reader:
One sees the Magnificat missalettes in the hands of lots of folks at daily Mass nowadays. With its beautifully presented (briefer) morning/evening/night prayers from which many (like me) have gone on to the LOH or DO, plus the … Continue reading
I received an SMS saying that the iPhone app "iBreviary" is free right now.
I have mixed views of iBreviary, frankly.
At first, it was quite promising.
Many languages were promised including Latin.
But most of the time the Latin was never … Continue reading
At the airport off to Philadelphia. Security was a ZOO, but within it is rather calm. Go figure.
Many people here had to change flights because of snow on the east coast of the USA.
With that in mind I … Continue reading
My iPhone had its own version of Ferris Bueler’s Day Off.
But it is now safely back in my hands.
FedEx came today with my iPhone, sent by the Lost and Found office of DIA.
I was for a a very short time … Continue reading