"Let God arise! Let His enemies be scattered! Let those who hate him flee before His Holy Face!"
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Venerator Sti Lot said Kingof Charity, Thank you for your reading lsit a...
- Dafyd said I understand if this comment comes across as too h...
- Landless Laborer said By the way, to follow up on a comment I made on an...
- Adam Welp said I’m sure I wasn’t the only one reading...
- Bryan D. Boyle said That’s like a cold, refreshing adult beverag...
- robtbrown said Grumpy Beggar says, It might be preferable if Ms....
- Mike said I have searched high and low on the Diocesan websi...
- Allan S. said It would be the height (depth?) of irony if the ch...
- The Masked Chicken said “I have a fan-shaped, very modern church bui...
- Mike said Regarding “who am I to judge?” it must...
- iPadre said I miss the great clarity of Pope Emeritus Benedict...
- wised said Truth rather than sound bites. Tradition versus re...
- Midwest St. Michael said No kidding, HeatherPA. This is a breath of fresh a...
- Netmilsmom said This line, “true motivation for missionary w...
- KnightOfTruth said So many debates about what is going on in the Chur...
- jaykay said I personally don’t think the original Latin...
- Heather F said APX, Since the new translation came in I’m p...
- HeatherPA said Thank you, Father Z, for this balm.
- donadrian said The new translation is still rather leaden-footed,...
- Grumpy Beggar said Thanks to Charles G for “fries my nose”...
- StJude said Seer sucker is a gateway drug to skinny jeans. Pr...
- Stephen Matthew said Based on a combination of experience, personal pre...
- Joe in Canada said The Orthodox have a concept called phronema, or th...
- Cosmos said Catholicism is starting to get really confusing to...
- William Tighe said “Salt and Light attacks Card. Burke: stickin...
- stephen c said For me, the takeaway here was “Ambrosio sai...
- happyCatholic said BobinNYC, May God bless you with abundance of grac...
- RJHighland said King of Charity: We have Cardinal Burke, ArchBish...
- jfk03 said I went over to the Ukranian Greek Catholic Church...
- robtbrown said FrJim4321 says, . . . and I think I’m okay with t...
My wish lists
The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.
- Proverbs 21:31
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- WDTPRS 30th Sunday of Ordinary Time: “In His will is our peace.”
- Benedict XVI send text of talk to University: relativistic dialogue and “lethal ideas”
- Salt and Light attacks Card. Burke: sticking to the ideal instead of ministering to people
- ASK FATHER: The priest changes many things during Mass
- ASK FATHER: Placement of choir
- Michael Voris, Card. Burke… corrections
- ROME – Day 3: Vestments, cont. Other stuff.
- 22 October: Sts. Nunilo and Alodia! Virgins and Martyrs
- ROME – Day 2: Vestments edition
- Oh the humanity!
- D. Pittsburgh: Extraordinary Form Parish
- Pope Francis, Pope
- Sistine Chapel “rented” out to Porsche?
- Helen Hull Hitchcock – RIP
- ROMA – Day 1: Hitting the ground running
- Card. Kasper invokes journalist war against another Cardinal?
- My View For Awhile: Midtown Tunnel Edition
- Extraordinary Synod on Family is, thanks be to God, over.
- VIDEO: Stop this and watch this
- ASK FATHER: Prayer for the Holy Father’s intention?
- NYC Day 2: Benedict Edition
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- WDTPRS Collect 19th Sunday after Pentecost- “Why did God make you?”
- Wherein Card. Burke is compared to Archbp. Lefebvre
- WDTPRS 29th Ordinary Sunday: “bear with me” – glory and pregnancy
- Pope Francis’ final address to the Synod as it closes
- NYC Day 1: Pastrami Edition
- Hell’s Bible’s editorial on the Synod
- Views on the Synod right now
- What Card. Burke really said to BuzzFeed
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Wyoming Catholic College!
Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity
New Christmas Music CD from the only Catholic Boys Choir School in these USA!
A great place in Rome…
See my post about the Domus Australia HERE
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Tag Archives: iPhone
The best Catholic weekly in the UK, The Catholic Herald, now has a spiffy app for your iPhone and iPad.
You can find it HERE. To see the whole paper you have to get a subscription.
I have used the app now … Continue reading
The Franciscan Friars of the Immaculate created an app for the 1962 Breviarium Romanum. It is now available, FREE, for the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad.
This may be a way for some of you to get more familiar with the … Continue reading
From a reader:
My confessor strongly recommended I spend time in adoration. I’ve been hesitant because I’ve never done it before, but I decided to do it tonight after Mass. I just have one problem…
What exactly am I supposed to do … Continue reading
Those of you who have iPhones… have you noticed a glitch in the alarm function since the first of the year?
My alarms have not rung either yesterday or today. It is a good thing I woke up when I did!
Heard … Continue reading
This is definitely for your Just Too Cool file.
From cultofmac comes this great story:
Father and Son Launch iPhone, HD Video Camera into Space
By Adam Rosen (4:00 am, Oct. 12, 2010)
Taking their iPhone Where No iDevice Has Gone Before, a father … Continue reading
From a reader:
One sees the Magnificat missalettes in the hands of lots of folks at daily Mass nowadays. With its beautifully presented (briefer) morning/evening/night prayers from which many (like me) have gone on to the LOH or DO, plus the … Continue reading
I received an SMS saying that the iPhone app "iBreviary" is free right now.
I have mixed views of iBreviary, frankly.
At first, it was quite promising.
Many languages were promised including Latin.
But most of the time the Latin was never … Continue reading
At the airport off to Philadelphia. Security was a ZOO, but within it is rather calm. Go figure.
Many people here had to change flights because of snow on the east coast of the USA.
With that in mind I … Continue reading