When you do your Christmas shopping online…
Ham Radio Stuff
Fr. Z - W9FRZ - OFF
QRV on: 00m 00000
Check Echolink WB0YLE-R - OFF
"If I ought to write the truth, I am of the mind that I ought to flee all meetings of bishops, because I have never seen any happy or satisfactory outcome to any council, nor one that has deterred evils more than it has occasioned their acceptance and growth."
St. Gregory Nazianzus ep. 131 - AD 382
"The archaic is not the obsolete."Must read for priests, seminarians, anyone interested in beauty in our sacred liturgical worship of God... Signs of the Holy One: Liturgy, Ritual, and Expression of the Sacred by Uwe Michael Lang [UK link HERE]
God or Nothing: A Conversation on Faith by Robert Card. Sarah
Buy it. Get one for your parish priests. UK HERE
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
- "In those situations where homosexual unions have been legally recognized or have been given the legal status and rights belonging to marriage, clear and emphatic opposition is a duty. ... If all Catholics are obliged to oppose the legal recognition of homosexual unions, Catholic politicians are obliged to do so in a particular way, in keeping with their responsibility as politicians." CDF 2003 and HERE
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Mariana2 said Thanks, Father!
- Mariana2 said Only now realised there was a 0’th ADVENTCAz...
- Mariana2 said Thanks, Father!
- WYMiriam said EF, low Mass. Today is the first day of the Year...
- acardnal said This is a photograph taken of St Lwanga and the ot...
- Benedict Joseph said The witness of the Ugandan martyrs has been much o...
- zama202 said Yes, seeing the Society of St. Pius X get official...
- Ed the Roman said The normal Solemn tone for the prefaces in Missale...
- NBW said I hope the reconciliation happens.
- JARay said I echo your wish Father to see the full reconcilia...
- ghp95134 said Father, I just placed another order via your Amazo...
- John UK said Father, Now all has been resolved abou the quoted...
- Sonshine135 said Thank you Father Z. I have been listening. I like...
- Priam1184 said Thank you Father. Thank you for answering the cal...
- MrsMacD said i tunes feed Lovely. Thank you. Blessed be God fo...
- acardnal said Thank you!
- acardnal said Fr. Z, I am enjoying the variety of your music sel...
- Dr. Edward Peters said There are, basically (long story omitted), only tw...
- Henry Edwards said The English translation of the Preface for Advent...
- Adaquano said Would this be a similar situation to say, attendin...
- Fuquay Steve said The Church calandar offers so much more than the s...
- Mike said In the promise of the judgment there is hope &mdas...
- Ed the Roman said Wow. Not a tone I would care to sight read in publ...
- robtbrown said I was told the US Ordinariate was given a bishop b...
- Skeinster said Thanks, Mary Jane ! Wanted to mention the new CD,...
- Supertradmum said Thankfully, have not seen blue vestments for years...
- Mariana2 said Thanks, Father, beautiful!
- Scout said Saw navy blue vestments in Mass today.
- Hans said Do you, perhaps, more often take off your right gl...
- Gail F said The readings are apocalyptic (literally) but do no...
"One of the few things in life you can be absolutely sure about is that, if Management tells you it doesn't like your Tone, you are getting something right."
Most commented in the last 7 days…
- Of scapulars, devotions and Russian jet fighters (44)
- Blue Vestments: wherein Fr. Z rants (40)
- Earth Might Have Hairy Dark Matter! (38)
- UPDATE: Bishops of England, Wales v. SSPX? Request for review of Good Friday Prayer for Jews (36)
- 1st Bishop appointed for an Anglican Ordinariate (29)
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes (24)
- ADVENTCAzT 00: Joyful penance and penitential joy (22)
- High praise for Card. Sarah from Archbp. Gänswein (22)
- ASK FATHER: No Catholic Mass on Sunday. Are we obliged to attend Orthodox Divine Liturgy? (21)
- ACTION ITEM: Pontifical Vestments Fund Raising – PROGRESS UPDATES (16)
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
"We as Catholics have not properly combated (the culture) because we have not been taught our Catholic Faith, especially in the depth needed to address these grave evils of our time. This is a failure of catechesis both of children and young people that has been going on for fifty years. It is being addressed, but it needs much more radical attention... What has also contributed greatly to the situation is an exaltation of the virtue of tolerance which is falsely seen as the virtue which governs all other virtues. In other words, we should tolerate other people in their immoral actions to the extent that we seem also to accept the moral wrong. Tolerance is a virtue, but it is certainly not the principal virtue; the principal virtue is charity... Charity means speaking the truth. I have encountered it (not speaking the truth) many times myself as a priest and bishop. It is something we simply need to address. There is far too much silence — people do not want to talk about it because the topic is not 'politically correct.' But we cannot be silent any longer."
Raymond Card. Burke
The Catholic Church is the exponent of Reality. It is true. Its doctrines in matters large and small are statements of what is. . . .My conclusion – and that of all men who have ever once seen it – is the faith. Corporate, organized, a personality, teaching. A thing, not a theory. It.”
Hilaire Belloc to G.K. Chesterton
"In assessing Our duty and the situation now prevailing, We have been weighed upon by the thought that a matter of this kind [i.e. error in respect of the Faith] is so grave and so dangerous that the Roman Pontiff, who is the representative upon earth of God and our God and Lord Jesus Christ, who holds the fullness of power over peoples and kingdoms, who may judge all and be judged by none in this world, may nonetheless be contradicted if he be found to have deviated from the Faith.
Cum ex Apostolatus Officio (On Error in Respect of the Faith) Apostolic Constitution of Pope Paul IV, 15 Feb 1559 (Roman Bullarium IV, I, 354-357)
Some current reading… review and a new novel…
Leave Voice Mail for Fr. Z
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
And they have tea too!
And for your cybersecurity…
Wyoming Catholic College!
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch!
New Gregorian Chant CD by the Benedictines of Norcia!
Identity theft is a serious problem that you do NOT want to have. I use Lifelock.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
My wish lists
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
A bit more food for thought…
“Only one sin is nowadays severely punished: the attentive observance of the traditions of our Fathers. For that reason the good ones are thrown out of their places and brought to the desert.”
- Basil of Caesarea - ep. 243
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- Why the Martyrs of Uganda were killed
- SSPX reacts to Pope Francis concession for the Year of Mercy
- Cyber Monday Online Shopping?
- ASK FATHER: Father denies Communion to girl who was “rebaptized”
- ADVENTCAzT 02: God has things to tell us
- Fr. Z’s Voice Mail: A wish for a dying seminarian – ACTION ITEM! #wookies4wes
- ADVENTCAzT 01: God is the God of the second chance
- ACTION ITEM: Pontifical Vestments Fund Raising – PROGRESS UPDATES
- ASK FATHER: Use of the Advent Preface in the TLM, Extraordinary Form
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- Blue Vestments: wherein Fr. Z rants
- ADVENTCAzT 00: Joyful penance and penitential joy
- ACTION ITEM UPDATE: Christmas Cards and gloves
- WDTPRS: 1st Sunday of Advent (Novus Ordo) – “they are His while they are ours”
- “Admonish the sinner” reappears
- Giving thanks, with Mass, for benefactors and donors
- Of scapulars, devotions and Russian jet fighters
- Of wheels and mystical marriages
- ASK FATHER: No Catholic Mass on Sunday. Are we obliged to attend Orthodox Divine Liturgy?
- High praise for Card. Sarah from Archbp. Gänswein
- UPDATE: Bishops of England, Wales v. SSPX? Request for review of Good Friday Prayer for Jews
- Earth Might Have Hairy Dark Matter!
- 1st Bishop appointed for an Anglican Ordinariate
- Sam Gregg on the rise of young, fearless, dynamically orthodox Catholicism… in FRANCE!
- ACTION ITEM: Christmas Cards 2015 and ADVENT MUSIC CDs
- UK READERS: LONDON EVENTS
- Pope Francis’ letter to “the best hermeneutical interpreter of the Second Vatican Council.”
- Notre Dame U. v. Fr. Miscamble, NDCatholic.com
- More weird sex stuff at Jesuit-run Fordham University
- Fr. Z’s Kitchen: Sunday Clerical Supper
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Please follow me on Twitter!
Tag Archives: Ireland
In Ireland From CNA comes: Irish priests will refuse to break seal of confession if proposal becomes law [Really?] By Katherine Veik Dublin, Ireland, Jul 18, 2011 / 08:03 pm (CNA).- Catholic priests in Ireland are prepared to “strongly” resist … Continue reading
Biretta tips to Fr. Blake and to Sancte Pater who lead me to this story at The Irish Catholic and elsewhere. Government proposal to break the seal of confession is without precedent Thu, 14/07/2011 – 15:34 The Taoiseach, the Minister … Continue reading
A new video from Michael Voris. Weep. [wp_youtube]SaGj1rJdPKo[/wp_youtube]
The dissenting Association of Catholic Priests in Ireland, whom we treated here, are having a nutty over the decision of the Irish Bishops Conference not to conform to dissent but rather conform to will of Rome. These members of the … Continue reading
The Church in Ireland is in trouble! Disaster looms! The meteor is coming straight at them! The NEW TRANSLATION of the Missal must be STOPPED! Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid are at the top of the cliff. Sundance … Continue reading
I received this Press Release from the St. Colman’s Society for Catholic Liturgy Fourth Fota International Liturgy Conference Benedict XVI and the Roman Missal Second Session Cork, Ireland 29 July 2011 St Colman’s Society for Catholic Liturgy is pleased to … Continue reading
Our Lord promised that Hell would not prevail against the Church He founded. He didn’t promise the Church would prevail in Ireland. The Holy Father wrote in his letter to Catholics in Ireland that they should do penance in more … Continue reading
I direct your attention to the Holy Father’s Letter to Catholics in Ireland. Last year Pope Benedict suggested to the Irish people that they give special attention to traditional forms of piety, prayer and penance. Now we read that a … Continue reading
The European Court of Human Rights seems to think that abortion is a human right. From The Catholic Herald: European court rules that Ireland’s abortion laws breach human rights By Michael Kelly on Thursday, 16 December 2010 The European Court … Continue reading