Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
My wish lists
- Andrea Mary said Thank you, Father! What a wonderful “Friday...
- mormormax said Thank you for this post Father. One thing that kep...
- cantrix said Thank you, Father. Just what I needed to hear toda...
- Gregg the Obscure said Thanks for posting. The plan for the rest of Lent...
- Netmilsmom said Oh my Goodness! Thank you! It’s hard to fin...
- Gerard Plourde said @Polycarpio, @mamajen I agree completely with your...
- Legisperitus said wmeyer: Motus in fine velocior.
- Mariana2 said Thanks, Father!
- Marysann said Thank you, Father Z.
- guans said “whenever a little thing is left to it, ther...
- Polycarpio said As a lawyer, I appreciate the preference by some f...
- Mariana2 said Thank you, Father! Most salutary, the Sheen quote!...
- Mariana2 said Thanks, Father, wonderful post! Love Ablativus Abs...
- Dan said A quick bit of math: If the U.S.A have a populatio...
- excalibur said Working fine.
- PostCatholic said That data also correlates to the suggestion that t...
- Chon said Oops, correction, the article just said Yerby et a...
- The Daily Capybara & a Bit of Legend - BigPulpit.com said [...] S. Benitez Tolerance & Graciousness in t...
- Why Latin Mass Onlyists are Destroying the Latin Mass said [...] balanced and honorable Fr. Z also writes...
- majuscule said Thank you mamajen. You have put it into words much...
- Chon said Just found this …Sorry for the multiple post...
- Chon said Here’s another news source with a tiny bit m...
- Chon said Majuscule…if you click on the link Warren po...
- jameeka said Digress away, Father Z. You have surpassed yoursel...
- Franklinwasright said Thank you Father, I found this post to be very edi...
- PA mom said This is a very moving point he makes. It reminds...
- lsclerkin said Listened from the blog, here. Like cool, fresh wat...
- benedetta said So it’s OK for this guy to quote the leader...
- mamajen said I remember when Pope Francis was first elected, I...
- MaryofSharon said These LENTCAzT are the first Fr. Z podcasts to wh...
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- AUDIO Stations of the Cross: Benedict XVI, Bl. John Henry Newman, St. Alphonsus Liguori
- LENTCAzT 03: Friday after Ash Wednesday
- The Francis Effect™: Results Vary
- Francis and the Weeping Priests
- KY’s AG cites Francis undying quote as excuse for not upholding the law
- LENTCAzT 02: Thursday after Ash Wednesday
- ¡Vaya lío! Archbp. Sample weighs in on same-sex unions in Oregon. Fr. Z kudos.
- Amusing Ash Wednesday note
- Who knew? Reviving ancient viruses by disturbing permafrost.
- Your Ash Wednesday Mass and Sermon notes
- Pope Francis’ new interview: his answer about Benedict XVI and Popes Emeriti
- Francis at Santa Sabina
- An Open Letter to Most Rev. Michael Olson, Bishop of Fort Worth
- LENTCAzT 01: Ash Wednesday
- Is your garage door secure?
- Francis Pellverizes™ the Roman Curia
- Wherein Fr. Z rants, slaps some heads
- ASK FATHER: Do indulgences listed in the old ‘Raccolta’ still apply today?
- ASK FATHER: TEOTWAWKI, Sacraments, Documents and You
- Of Roast Beef, Rat Excrement and You
- LENTCAzT 00: Shrove Tuesday
- A Pontifical Mass at the Throne
- What else do we “tolerate though not accept”?
- Fr. Z’s first reaction to Bp. Olson banning Extraordinary Form at Fort Worth’s Fisher More College
- In The Wild: Mystic Monk and Z-Swag – hard to beat that
- Quinquagesima Sunday: Prepare for battle!
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- The demise of a Brutalist church
- ASK FATHER: Gelatin during Lent
- What does the TLM mean to you?
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will do.”
- Edward Everett Hale
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Tag Archives: Ireland
I received this Press Release from the St. Colman’s Society for Catholic Liturgy
Fourth Fota International Liturgy Conference
Benedict XVI and the Roman Missal
29 July 2011
St Colman’s Society for Catholic Liturgy is pleased to announce that the second session of … Continue reading
Our Lord promised that Hell would not prevail against the Church He founded. He didn’t promise the Church would prevail in Ireland.
The Holy Father wrote in his letter to Catholics in Ireland that they should do penance in more intense … Continue reading
I direct your attention to the Holy Father’s Letter to Catholics in Ireland. Last year Pope Benedict suggested to the Irish people that they give special attention to traditional forms of piety, prayer and penance.
Now we read that a group … Continue reading
The European Court of Human Rights seems to think that abortion is a human right.
From The Catholic Herald:
European court rules that Ireland’s abortion laws breach human rights
By Michael Kelly on Thursday, 16 December 2010
The European Court of Human Rights has … Continue reading
My friend Fr. Ray Blake, P.P. of St. Mary Magdalen in Brighton, continues to post good observations on his personal blog. I stress “personal” blog, because he was forced to change the blog’s name to reflect his own name rather … Continue reading
A few days back the best Catholic weekly in the UK, The Catholic Herald, posted a blurb that the Holy Father might visit Ireland in 2012.
Now I read on CNA:
Four Irish archbishops summoned to Rome to meet apostolic visitors
Rome, Italy, … Continue reading
This is from The Irish Independent:
Tell bishops to ‘get the hell out of our cathedrals’, says writerBy Marese McDonagh Friday August 20 2010
Irish Catholics should establish a home-grown church by demanding that the bishops "get the hell out of your … Continue reading
As a follow up to the entry about the problems at the seminary in Maynooth, Ireland.. which if memory serves is triste scriptu the only seminary in Ireland… Ireland…
This is from the VIS:
PRESS RELEASE OF THE HOLY SEE ON THE … Continue reading
My friend the great Fr. Blake, P.P. of Brighton’s St. Mary Magdalen posted this good piece:
Ten years ago the great discussion was should the emphasis in the Church be on the local Church pushed by Kaspar or on the Universal … Continue reading
Cardinal Brady: Irish bishops should restore credibility by repentance in Lent
Rome, Italy, Feb 16, 2010 / 03:30 pm (CNA).- Five members of the Irish Bishops’ Conference, led by their president and Primate of all Ireland Cardinal Sean Brady, addressed … Continue reading