Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Here's a generic "catholic" search start point for Amazon:
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- robtbrown: In the above comment “def initive 221; is a Latin adverb meaning definitive ly.
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- LENTCAzT 2018 12 – 2nd Sunday of Lent: Saved in hope
- ASK FATHER: Priest forbids a deacon to wear a dalmatic
- LENTCAzT 2018 11 – Ember Saturday in the 1st Week of Lent: Man’s first full day was a day of rest
- WDTPRS – 2nd Sunday of Lent (NO): Having a really good look
- Wisconsin High School student invents classroom door stop
- LENTCAzT 2018 10 – Ember Friday in the 1st Week of Lent: You cannot save yourself for the world
- Card. Sarah: return to Communion directly on the tongue while kneeling
- JUST TOO COOL: Recently received missal stand and statue of Our Lady
- Wherein Rutler thrashes @AntonioSpadaro
- BRAZIL: Did these bishops allow women to concelebrate Mass?
- Promoted by @JamesMartinSJ – Jesuits have yoga in church sanctuary at a school
- LENTCAzT 2018 09 – Thursday in the 1st Week of Lent: The inexhaustible virtue of the Word
- Fr. Murray on “lived experience”, “accompaniment”, “conscience”
- More news from the New catholic Red Guard
- Making the Church appealing. What “sells”?
- LENTCAzT 2018 08 – Wednesday in the 1st Week of Lent: Never ending combat
- 20 Feb – Feast of Sts Francisco and Jacinta of Fatima
- Of “paradigm shift” interest
- Spain: young people dancing a jota in reparation for blasphemy against the Blessed Virgin
- Mega-Masses and too many Hosts
- The State v. Self-Reliance
- LENTCAzT 2018 07 – Tuesday in the 1st Week of Lent: subtle temptation
- Attacks on the family
- My View For Awhile: Capital Edition
- Books for boys. Suggested titles and an additional point.
- LENTCAzT 2018 06 – Monday in the 1st Week of Lent: “I warned you!”
- Wherein Fr Longenecker schools @JamesMartinSJ
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- WDTPRS 1st Sunday of Lent (N.O.): The Lenten “Sacrament”
- LENTCAzT 2018 05 – 1st Sunday of Lent: Anger and Reason
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
GREAT causes to support
Please follow me on Twitter!
A book by an old friend…
Tag Archives: Islam
Yesterday, the Vigil of Peter and Paul, was the 2nd anniversary of ISIS (which Pres. Obama – what a guy – called the “JV team”) declaring a “caliphate”.
Dates are important to Christians. Dates are important to Islamic terrorists. They attack on … Continue reading
News from the Religion of Peace comes to us via AhlulBayt News Agency:
ISIS burns 19 Yezidi girls to death in Mosul
AhlulBayt News Agency – Extremist terrorists of the ISIS on Thursday executed 19 Yezidi girls by burning them to death, … Continue reading
If there is one thing that John Allen (now of Crux 2.0) knows well, it’s the issue of persecuted Christians across the globe.
At Crux, Allen has an interview with a Nigerian bishop, His Excellency Matthew Hassan Kukah of Sokoto. His diocese … Continue reading
UPDATE 28 March 2128 GMT:
Bishop Hinder on Kidnapped Priest: ‘Strong Indications That Father Tom Is Still Alive’
UPDATE 28 March 2002h GMT:
According to Kathnet, there may still be hope.
Bischof: Verschleppter Priester im Jemen vermutlich am Leben
While I hope this is true, … Continue reading
Of course he is.
Robert Spencer at Jihad Watch comments on the essay at The Atlantic on the “Obama Doctrine” by Jeffrey Goldberg.
“isis is not an existential threat to the United States,” he told me in one of these conversations. “Climate … Continue reading
The practitioners of the Religion of Peace have been at it again.
Gunmen execute 16 people, including 4 nuns, in Yemen retirement home
A team of gunmen unleashed a massacre at a retirement home run by Catholic nuns in Yemen Friday, … Continue reading
Everyone, I call upon you to pray for the defeat or conversion of Islamists.
Friends in Rome.. please… keep your heads on a swivel. Be alert. Stay frosty. Go to confession.
Italy has tightened up security in the wake of Paris and … Continue reading
While I do not agree with everything that the late Archbp. Marcel Lefevbre (founder of the SSPX) did, people who know something about the whole arc of his life recognize that he was in his day a great churchman and … Continue reading
Today, 22 October, is the feast of the glorious martyrs Sts. Nunilo and Alodia!
Nunilo and Alodia were 9th c. virgin martyrs in Huesca, Spain. They were born to a Muslim father and Christian mother. They chose their mother’s Christianity.
As a … Continue reading
On this anniversary of 9/11 I call to mind a post about the “Islamic Cultural Center” to be build near the site of the World Trade Center, but which was really a rabat,
The first rabat appeared at the time of … Continue reading
Yes, there are true refugees. I don’t think they are all refugees. We shall see.
Meanwhile, some are rejecting aid because there is a Red Cross on the packages.
What do you think will come of this… migration?
May the Blessed Virgin, who … Continue reading
ISIS has a new thing they are doing.
They put men in a cage and lower them into water a few times until they drown.
Of course they have underwater cameras.
They also put them in a car and then blow it up.
The … Continue reading
Years ago I read a Friday mosque speech in which the imam, or whatever, said “If before we couldn’t win with the long sword, we will win with the short sword!” He went on to explain that the men had to breed … Continue reading
From The Christian Post I learned another horrible thing about terrorists of the Religion of Peace.
As the death toll from the Garissa University College massacre climbed to 148 Friday, eyewitness accounts from survivors revealed a harrowing picture of how students were … Continue reading
This is what the barbarians are doing in Mosul.
Ladies and Gentleman, the ISIS iteration of the Religion of Peace.
Sts. Nunilo and Alodia, pray for us.
St. Lawrence of Brindisi, pray for us.
The beheadings continue. What will be the response of civilization?
“Rome” is a target for ISIS. What that means, we aren’t sure. It seems to be code for “Christians”, the lands which once comprised Christendom. It also probably means Rome itself.
From … Continue reading
I point the readership’s attention at a blog which lead me to a piece in the Italian Il Foglio.
The situation in Belgium is described. Belgium has nearly completely abandoned the Catholic Faith.
Belgium is Committing Suicide
As the capital of … Continue reading
I am not sure if this is true or not. That said….
ISIS Beheads Iraqi Priest in Mosul
According to locals and eye witnesses, ISIS beheads an Iraqi priest who captured him 7 month ago.
Local says ISIS militants announced beheading of priest … Continue reading
It seems that ISIS/ISIL put the Jordanian pilot, Lt. Muath al-Kaseasbe, in a cage, doused him with some flammable liquid, trailed some out of the cage, and lit him on fire. HERE
The video is slick, carefully made. The video cuts … Continue reading