Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Credoh: It wasn’ ;t Archbishop Tartaglia who sacked Fr Morris; it was GCU. Here’ ;s an article for Crux by the Archbishop . I now expect a robust response to GCU… https://cr uxnow...
- Kerry: If one pokes around at the GCU website, don’ t miss the photo of the new, first female (!), chancellor /President . Also on the staff, is an “Equ ality Expeert 221;. (I am not...
- Semper Gumby: “Som e great purpose and design is being worked out here below, of which we have the honor to be faithful servants.& #8221; – Winston Churchill addressing the U.S. Congr...
- Chris Garton-Zavesky: Sanguszka, “It is frankly abhorrent& #8221; [but no longer surprising ]” that a Catholic priest would be dismissed from his post as a Catholic chaplain for merely...
- Semper Gumby: Excellent.
- Sanguszka: Please see the UK Catholic Herald http://cat holicheral d.co.uk/ne ws/2018/07 /19/univer sity-chapl ain-sacked -after-hol ding-servi ce-of-repa ration-for -gay-pride /?platform =hootsu...
- Lurker 59: The following is a bit hyperbolic but is descriptiv e of the angst that is experience d by some out there, and much more than myself. Fr. Z’s story about the conversion of the Jew,...
- JamesA: Done. I will also point out that according to Wikipedia, Archbishop Tartaglia has also been a target of our friends the homosexual ists ( who have no lobby in the Vatican, as we are assured...
- Sawyer: Father, I pray and I try to persevere, but it is hard to avoid discourage ment. Without writing a lengthy post, I and others I know struggle with deteriorat ing conditions in the world and...
- Kevin: This comment is a copy/paste of a comment I made earlier this week. ‘I am currently reading “The Sayings of the Desert Fathers: The Alphabetic al Collection ”. This is a quote from St....
- majuscule: In this case I’m sure “psycholog ical evaluation ” = communist re-educati on camp.
- Joy65: Our Father Hail Mary Glory Be for Father Morris and for our world. He did the exact right thing no matter what the world thinks.
- APX: First off, eww. I didn’t want that mental image in my mind. Eww. A warning would have been helpful. Second, we really do need to organize and schedule Holy Hours and Procession s of public...
- Unwilling: It’s a mystery to me that with not only sex scandals but high level contradict ions on doctrine anyone new can be attracted to the Church and especially to choose the narrow gate!
- Suburbanbanshee: Of course the gift of tears is common at OF Masses, or any other Rite’ ;s Masses. But a lot of people do not know that it is common. They tend to get curious (asking why...
- Sandy: It’s beautiful, syrup and all. I know all about the gift of tears! When I feel God’ s overwhelmi ng love it makes me cry, or feel His presence. That’ ;s one reason I abhor...
- Kathleen10: Today churchmen are taking the white post, painting it neon rainbow colors, and calling us Pharisees when we refuse to call the post white. Profession al gaslighter s, all of them. We...
- Bunky: What about foreign priests living and working in the USA? I think that for them, having the opportunit y to visit friends and family in the old country is important to their mental health....
- LarryW2LJ: I am coming to believe that the “tur n aroundR 21; for this sorry state of affairs that we are currently in will depend solely on the widespread revival of TLM, and a turn back...
- APX: I thought at first the women was another vocation, but then I noticed she’s wearing a rather flashy engagement and wedding ring set. That might have just been an oversight by those who made...
- ServusChristi: You know Father, I listen to very many Protestant s, and I heard one day the claim that ‘you put the days of Pope Pius IX and the syllabus of errors next to Pope Francis I and...
- originalsolitude: Further to my comment above, there̵ 7;s no need to log in to access Therese Ivers̵ 7; commentary on ESI.
- originalsolitude: Therese Ivers, canon lawyer and consecrate d virgin, has posted the first two parts of her commentary on ESI. I’m not sure whether you may have to sign up to read it....
- iamlucky13: The lighting in the video reminds me of something I’m pretty sure Fr. Z said previously about how church lighting shouldn 217;t necessaril y be about exhibiting the marvel...
- Gaetano: Chesterton addressed this point in Orthodoxy: If you leave a thing alone you leave it to a torrent of change. If you leave a white post alone it will soon be a black post. If you particu...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- ASK FATHER: Baptism of child of a same-sex couple?
- BOOK RECEIVED: Why Humanae Vitae Is Still Right!
- What the TMSM is doing with your donations
- Who is behind that “Lovely, drippy, syrupy TLM and vocation video” and how are they being treated?
- ACTION ITEM! Pray for Fr. Morris, victim of the homosexualist agenda
- Are we still trustworthy?
- Lovely, drippy, syrupy TLM and vocation video. Then Fr. Z rants about crying.
- The image of the badge of the Vendée came to mind today
- ACTION ITEM! Spiritual Bouquet for Bp. Morlino
- Fr. Z’s Kitchen: Garofolato!
- ASK FATHER: Cremains in funeral Mass, Traditional Requiem
- Pontifical Mass in Lake Charles. A brief and yet optimistic rant from Fr. Z.
- The last 10 minutes…
- 17 July 1794: “Permission to die, Mother?”
- 17 July 2018 – 100 years after
- Cobblestones, new vestments, and swag for Zed Heads
- More shallow, angry, cliché feminist rubbish from Fishwrap
- The demographics of church participation are shifting.
- ACTION ITEM! Urgent prayer request for a priest
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- “St Swithin’s day if thou be fair…”
- What priests can – with credibility – do in marriage preparation
- French stones and soutanes
- US Association of Consecrated Virgins condemns confusing new rules from Holy See
- What could possibly go wrong?
- ¡Hagan lío! in Poland. Young, and raising hell…. correction… razing Hell.
- WDTPRS – 15th Ordinary Sunday: We can stray off the path to the right or to the left.
- 12 July: Sts. Louis Martin and Marie-Azélie Guérin
- Does “Beans” @MassimoFaggioli undermine ‘Humanae vitae’?
- ASK FATHER: Mom baptized my child in the bathtub
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Tag Archives: iterum
From a reader…
I have a question about the number of times Holy Communion May be received in a day. And I know the answer sort of.
The question is, if you may receive twice in the same day within the context … Continue reading
Under another post someone asked:
Father, would can. 1248.1 apply to the case of a double obligation, e.g., an evening Mass for Sunday also satisfying a Holy Day obligation for Monday (as Christmas this year)?
I’ve written about this situation before and … Continue reading
From a reader…
Would it be wrong to receive the Eucharist attending the Saturday Mass of Anticipation & Sunday Mass? [Both with the same Liturgy].
Since matters of reception of the Eucharist in Communion more than once in a short period keeps coming … Continue reading
From a reader…
I understand that we can receive Holy Communion twice a day, but the second reception must be made at Mass. Can. 917 says this “without prejudice to Can. 921, §2.” I’ve read that this is understood as allowing … Continue reading
From a reader…
How do you think one should understand CIC c.917 with regard to the Good Friday presanctified liturgy? Specifically, since this liturgy takes the place of Mass for the day, and c.917 says, “iterum . . . intra eucharisticam celebrationem,” rather than, “iterum . … Continue reading
From a reader…
Hello Fr. I am coordinator of our Extraordinary Ministers of Communion. But we have a very troublesome one. He attends every mass and receives Holy Communion at every mass up to six times a day. The priests have … Continue reading
From a reader:
I am a Seminarian who is in a parish which has a “Vigil Mass of Sunday” on Saturday evenings. I have read your posts regarding receiving communion twice in one day, and I know the “Vigil” Mass legally … Continue reading
This comes up every year:
If I go to Midnight Mass, and it really starts at Midnight, and I receive Holy Communion, and if I go to Mass again during Christmas Day, can I receive Communion again?
The 1983 Code of Canon … Continue reading
From a transitional deacon:
Is it lawful for a deacon to communicate more than twice on a Sunday, or any other day, for that matter?
I am currently a transitional deacon, and I am unsure if deacons can receive more than twice … Continue reading
From a reader:
The seminarians of ___ are assigned a parish for the summer (as most are, I presume). Sometimes the seminarians serve at more than two Masses. Can they receive Holy Communion more than twice?
No. Unless they are about to … Continue reading
From a reader, comes a question I have answered quite a few times, but which bears repetitio.
Are there any circumstances in which one can receive Communion more than once a day? I spent Christmas at Clear Creek Abbey in OK … Continue reading
First, if you are not in the state of grace, don’t just go to Holy Communion anyway. That’s a sacrilege and a mortal sin. Those of you who are lax about Mass attendance need to remember that not going to … Continue reading
From a reader, a question that pops up every once in a while. Adhering to the adage repetita iuvant, here is the question and response:
It used to be the rule that you could could go to Communion only once a … Continue reading
From a reader:
At Mass this morning I received Communion, then unexpectedly invited to serve Mass this evening, which I did. I did not think to say to the priest before Mass that I should not receive, having done so … Continue reading