HAM RADIO W9FRZ STATUS
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
I had to change the way that people go to amazon to buy things because... you know... why make it easy?. So, just click the link below. Once you're in, you're good to shop.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
Fr. Z’s Blog is a Founding Member of…
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Semper Gumby: Blessed travels Fr. Z.
- Semper Gumby: Great video. Fr. Wagner: “ 230;away from something casualR 30;to something lasting. 8221; Nothing Superfluou s is an illuminati ng explanatio n of church architectu re,...
- Anne C.: I had already watched this video, having followed Dr. Marshall on YouTube for some time. I have seen his comments here, so he must also “fol low” you!
- Gab: Safe travels, Father. I’ll be praying for you.
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf: Kevin: I am hopeful. I don’ t go to things like this, as a rule. However, I’ve heard good things about past events. In particular , I will be interested to see how...
- Anita Moore, O.P.(lay): So, beyond saving time, what are the additional reasons for the priest starting the absolution while the penitent is still making his act of contrition ?
- APX: As a married person, I was expressing my concern and compassion for single all folks. whether they desire to live chaste lives or not. Society makes it extra difficult for them to do so. As...
- veritas vincit: Reading Deacon KandraR 17;s post in context, I understand that he thinks the issue of abstinence from sex prior to receiving Holy Communion, is a minor matter in the Church...
- Chuck4247: I attended an evening Mass at the local Cathedral. “I know that the 5:00 is normally our “vis itors̵ 7; Mass” ;, but thank you for being here on this 90-deg...
- veritas vincit: I would really be interested in this, if it weren̵ 7;t a 90+ minute video.
- Kevin: I am looking froward to your comments. I like a lot of things about the St. Paul Center so I am hoping their conference for Priests is meaningful .
- acardnal: I’m was reminded. . . going to Confession as a young boy prior to the Council, the priest would always say the absolution in Latin while I was saying the Act of Contrition in...
- SanSan: Yes, this was an excellent video. I shared with local priests and Catholics. Fr. Nix really has a strong calling which is much needed today.
- robtbrown: FrDave Nix ? @FrDaveNix Walking through NYC in a cassock all day today. I find overwhelmi ng kindness from people of all races, ages, classes and religions… all except white liberals who...
- David L Alexander: The tradition of abstaining from one’ s conjugal rights has a long history in the Church. In the East, married priests fast on the night before offering Sacrifice at Sunday...
- Fredi D'Alessio: Thank you to those who commented on the point I was trying to make. Unfortunat ely I completely failed to do so. As a married person, I was expressing my concern and compassion for...
- Charles E Flynn: From Father Nix’ s Twitter account: FrDave Nix ? @FrDaveNix Walking through NYC in a cassock all day today. I find overwhelmi ng kindness from people of all races, ages,...
- Imrahil: That is tacitly assuming that once a month is the utmost for the most devout. Given that we laudably have gotten over that assumption … no longer recommende d. Not even recommende d....
- Fabiola80: That was awesome! I’ve been a traditiona l Catholic for as long as I can remember and I learned alot from that video. I’m going getting holy water in my home as soon as I can!
- APX: I have noticed a number of women who think nothing about discussing their conjugal lives openly and publicly on Facebook or in their groups at the table after Mass. It’s as if married people...
- JabbaPapa: I was mostly impressed yesterday that the Novus Ordo at our Parish was given in about 40% Latin and only 60% French, which is how the Council Fathers envisaged things, but I was struck...
- JonathanTX: The mentality of the Post-Conci lliar Church: tldf; too long, didn’ ;t fast.
- TonyO: if married people are bad examples to them? Just two examples: married couples (of all ages) speaking openly and often jokingly and irreverent ly about their sexual conduct when in the...
- Atra Dicenda, Rubra Agenda: Fr. Nix was arrested for protesting at an abortion clinicR 30;.
- hwriggles4: Years ago, I applied for a Coast Guard Direct Commission Engineer. They only picked four guys that year (I didn’ ;t make it) and the year before they picked three. Anyway, two...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- Amazon Prime Day Discounts
- My View For Awhile: To the East and to priests
- Good VIDEO for people who aren’t familiar with the TLM or with our traditions
- ASK FATHER: Sex before Communion
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – GO TO CONFESSION! – VIDEO
- 13 July: St. Ezra (Esdras), Old Testament Prophet and some spectacular baroque musical weirdness
- SSPX video of their amazing new US church project.
- BOOK: In Praise of the Tridentine Mass and of Latin, Language of the Church
- WDTPRS – 15th Ordinary Sunday: Too far right or too far left, we wind up in the ditch in the dark
- “Damn!”, quoth I. “That’s the spirit.” Coasties getting the job done.
- How credible is “credible” in allegations against priests?
- Tour Talk – #TDF2019 @Le_Tour Stage 6
- What the ‘c’atholic Left is up to on Twitter
- ASK FATHER: Should Catholic parents attend wedding of daughter outside the Church?
- ASK FATHER: “Funeral Liturgy Outside Mass”
- @Church_Militant on the public lynching of Fr. Eduard Perrone
- Really old frozen permafrost critters revived. What could possibly go wrong?
- Tour Talk – 2019 Tour de France
- The Church Militant and You
- William F. Buckley and Fulton Sheen on Firing Line! 1970
- BOOK: The Anti-Mary Exposed: Rescuing the Culture from Toxic Femininity
- ACTION ITEM! Help a traditional deacon get to priesthood. Watch marvelous Fulton Sheen video of 1950 Roman Holy Year
- 07/07/07 – 12th Anniversary of Summorum Pontificum – Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- The beatification of Fulton J. Sheen, patron of faithful priests persecuted by bishops
- Because of so much darkness, there has never been a better time to be a young priest
- Card. Müller on the proposed reform of the Roman Curia
- A dowager of the catholic Left has get’s a dose of the Left’s own medicine.
- UK readers, especially priests, HELP!
- Francis’ projected restructuring of the Roman Curia – wow…just…. wow…
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
Tag Archives: iterum
From a reader… QUAERITUR: I have a question about the number of times Holy Communion May be received in a day. And I know the answer sort of. The question is, if you may receive twice in the same day … Continue reading
Under another post someone asked: Father, would can. 1248.1 apply to the case of a double obligation, e.g., an evening Mass for Sunday also satisfying a Holy Day obligation for Monday (as Christmas this year)? I’ve written about this situation … Continue reading
From a reader… QUAERITUR: Would it be wrong to receive the Eucharist attending the Saturday Mass of Anticipation & Sunday Mass? [Both with the same Liturgy]. Since matters of reception of the Eucharist in Communion more than once in a … Continue reading
From a reader… QUAERITUR: I understand that we can receive Holy Communion twice a day, but the second reception must be made at Mass. Can. 917 says this “without prejudice to Can. 921, §2.” I’ve read that this is understood … Continue reading
From a reader… QUAERITUR: How do you think one should understand CIC c.917 with regard to the Good Friday presanctified liturgy? Specifically, since this liturgy takes the place of Mass for the day, and c.917 says, “iterum . . . intra eucharisticam celebrationem,” rather than, … Continue reading
From a reader… QUAERITUR: Hello Fr. I am coordinator of our Extraordinary Ministers of Communion. But we have a very troublesome one. He attends every mass and receives Holy Communion at every mass up to six times a day. The … Continue reading
From a reader: I am a Seminarian who is in a parish which has a “Vigil Mass of Sunday” on Saturday evenings. I have read your posts regarding receiving communion twice in one day, and I know the “Vigil” Mass … Continue reading
This comes up every year: If I go to Midnight Mass, and it really starts at Midnight, and I receive Holy Communion, and if I go to Mass again during Christmas Day, can I receive Communion again? Yes. The 1983 … Continue reading
From a transitional deacon: Is it lawful for a deacon to communicate more than twice on a Sunday, or any other day, for that matter? I am currently a transitional deacon, and I am unsure if deacons can receive more … Continue reading
From a reader: The seminarians of ___ are assigned a parish for the summer (as most are, I presume). Sometimes the seminarians serve at more than two Masses. Can they receive Holy Communion more than twice? No. Unless they are … Continue reading
From a reader, comes a question I have answered quite a few times, but which bears repetitio. Are there any circumstances in which one can receive Communion more than once a day? I spent Christmas at Clear Creek Abbey in … Continue reading
First, if you are not in the state of grace, don’t just go to Holy Communion anyway. That’s a sacrilege and a mortal sin. Those of you who are lax about Mass attendance need to remember that not going to … Continue reading
From a reader, a question that pops up every once in a while. Adhering to the adage repetita iuvant, here is the question and response: It used to be the rule that you could could go to Communion only once … Continue reading
From a reader: At Mass this morning I received Communion, then unexpectedly invited to serve Mass this evening, which I did. I did not think to say to the priest before Mass that I should not receive, having done so … Continue reading