Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
Support them with prayer and fasting.
- iamlucky13 said “Decoded: The majority opinion (of the so-we...
- James_Locke said If we are being 100% honest, Hamas does have a Hum...
- boko fittleworth said I’ve been accepted as a seminarian for my di...
- ASPM Sem said Am I watching the wrong video? She seemed on Israe...
- RANCHER said Hamas is a humanitarian organization like Pelosi i...
- anna 6 said What amazes me is how poorly the editorial is writ...
- Lin said Thank you Father Z for preaching about hell on a r...
- Lori Pieper said I am thrilled to be able to say that after months...
- bbmoe said There are many, many things to be worried/disturbe...
- Amerikaner said While the Israeli/Palestinian conflict is very, ve...
- lmo1968 said All of those people insisting that these “ce...
- Pnkn said Hello Gregg the Obscure - If one oughtn’t li...
- SKAY said When she was Speaker of the House she was third in...
- Mike said Elizabeth D: Nice! An insightful take, plus a gold...
- jhayes said [Urrutigoity] The Vatican has ordered a Roman Cath...
- Gail F said And what are NCR readers but a tiny percentage of...
- ihsamdg said Good News! Firstly, Juventutem Long Island is up a...
- StJude said Is she mentally all there? I ask that with all se...
- Geoffrey said Someone send them a copy of St John Paul the Great...
- Priam1184 said Elizabeth D is so right about the ‘framing...
- cdet1997 said But when discussing sex, the deepest human express...
- capchoirgirl said Ah, “incredible”, sorry!
- capchoirgirl said The hatred for the Church that I see in those comm...
- Elizabeth D said If you want to understand well what this writer is...
- jhartne said I think this is the work of the Holy Spirit workin...
- Mike said I have long thought that ditching the “prima...
- Mike said “Love and procreation are reduced to biologi...
- Luvadoxi said What I find interesting is that in the PCUSA churc...
- incredulous said Nancy induces the worst sense of hopelessness one...
- Elizium23 said “the gluten-free bread and alcohol-free wine...
My wish lists
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
How about Rome in October?
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
- Nancy Pelosi rides again!
- Meltdown Countdown: Fishwrap on the Synod
- It’s a terrible thought: dying excommunicated…
- INTERNET PRAYER UPDATE: Tagalog AUDIO added (Klingon on the way)
- Card. Pell: Holder of Vatican purse strings, celebrant of Traditional Roman Rite
- JUST TOO COOL: Acuity Flagpole Project
- ACTION ITEM! Book from 5 Cardinals in defense of marriage and tradition
- Dust up in Paraguay
- Some positive items
- Card. Müller’s book-length interview: refutes Communion for divorced and civilly remarried
- His Hermeneuticalness, priest and hacker
- Your Good News
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- 2nd Amendment wins one in DC!
- 28 July 1914 – WORLD AT WAR – 100th anniversay of WWI
- How Fishwrap celebrates Episcopalian “ordination” of women.
- St. John XXIII doesn’t like it when you clap in church. So STOP it! (VIDEO)
- Archbishop Chaput on Pope Francis
- Boy Scout held at gunpoint at Canadian border
- MS-13 gang recruiting among illegals flooding across the border
- Will IRS monitor content of sermons? Do they now?
- My View For Awhile: 77 square mile edition
- How many children have died in Hamas’ tunnels?
- ASK FATHER: Why don’t bishops wear cassocks?
- October Rome Pilgrimage – Summorum Pontificum
- WDTPRS 17 Ordinary Sunday: There is no room in Christian life for complacency.
- There’s wreckovation, and then there is this.
- Pope Francis and the Evangelicals
- Napa Institute: Day 3
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
I just bought some candy bars for the chancery staff. Sweeten up someone’s day!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
I use these great cards when I travel
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Tag Archives: Jeffrey Tucker
Kudos to Jeffrey Tucker who has taken over the reins of the blog New Liturgical Movement!
Click on the image and go spike their stats as a welcome gesture.
From National Public Radio:
New Catholic Mass Already Causing A Stir
by Barbara Bradley Hagerty
November 25, 2011
This weekend, Catholics may experience a little surprise when they attend Mass. [Not if they have been going to Mass regularly. They will have heard announcements … Continue reading
You should be checking out The Chant Cafe with some regularity. I saw this over there.
I thought it was apt, considering I have also lately seen a few posts out there in the blogosphere about proper attire in church.
Let’s say … Continue reading
My friend Jeffrey Tucker over at the Chant Cafe has a great entry on music and matters liturgical… and you.
He provides bullet points which are each food for thought.
Here is how he begins:
What We Think We Know That Is Wrong
A … Continue reading
The Church’s sacred music played an important role in my conversion, when I was a young man. There is a great deal of work to do.
But perhaps just as in the spring rivers will thaw and log jams start … Continue reading
This is from my friend Jeffrey Tucker’s The Chant Cafe
Last February (it seems like years ago), InsideCatholic ran my article called Pay to Pray: The Church’s Simony Problem. Based on years of thought and research, I took aim at … Continue reading
My friend Mr. Jeffrey Tucker has posted on his blog, Chant Cafe, videos with audio of new chants for the Novus Ordo in English according to the upcoming corrected translation. These are intended as tutorials.
Some people are claiming that the … Continue reading
At The Chant Cafe my friend Jeffrey Tucker, a distinguished Church musician, has a few trenchant comments about some of the music for an even during the upcoming Papal Visit to England.
My emphases and comments:
Damian Thompson reports on the … Continue reading
Allow me please to direct your attention to a new blog of a friend of mine, Mr. Jeffrey Tucker, who is well-known as a Church musician. He is editor of the journal Sacred Music, which for many years had been … Continue reading