Fr. Z’s Rome Trip Fund…CLICK TO SEND ME FAR AWAY!
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- VexillaRegis said Oops! Two Mikes! (Mics?) I thought it was impossib...
- JaneC said My husband and I went on our first fishing trip si...
- JabbaPapa said Cantor : Is there a particular reason they use “sp...
- Clinton said … Says the president who eschews public scho...
- downyduck said Went to a fundraiser tonight to bring Catholic rad...
- Mike said Mike, fellow name-sharer, thank you for giving me...
- Cantor said Is there a particular reason they use “spons...
- Dennis said Scott – “As a Catholic, I too would e...
- Elizabeth D said That is so evil. First they got the sisters to all...
- jhayes said i looked up the speech and found the reference to...
- Geoffrey said “Now if we could only get St. Michael, St. J...
- Matt R said Supertradmum, it’s none of his business, and...
- Matt R said On the timing: it beats halting the printing, as B...
- Those of you who know me in real life…. | The Back of the World said [...] thrilled to learn that his name is to be inc...
- louder said This is great news, and praise God for such a grea...
- Father G said Regarding the prophesy that Saint Joseph’s b...
- BREAKING: Eucharistic Prayers Changed | Mundus Tranquillare Hic said [...] redoubtable Fr. Z reports: Decades after Joh...
- Father G said @padredana, According to the decree, vernacular tr...
- Legisperitus said Therese: This is, and will probably always remai...
- Joe in Canada said jkm210: honestly, why would you ask such a thing...
- Ann Roth said Scott, The Irish are a tribal people. They were ca...
- Random Friar said When you say we are rational animals, how does tha...
- Random Friar said I’m very happy about the change, but I’...
- Kerry said From what experience or education does the Preside...
- EXCHIEF said Our Pastor, who for the past 13 + months has been...
- Glennonite said Marytoo: An insightful perspective from you; thank...
- Frank H said I’m thrilled, but good heavens, why couldn...
- PhilipNeri said The part of my homily that got the most reaction w...
- Scott said This “guest” is the leader of the free...
- St. Joseph Added to Other Eucharistic Prayers said [...] pleasant surprise, courtesy Fr. Z: Decades...
Show public support!
Wyoming Catholic College!
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- ACTION ITEM! ST. JOSEPH’s name NOW in Eucharistic Prayers II, III, IV
- “When ‘Guitar Masses’ became a chew toy between traditionalists and progressives
- Pres. Obama sticks his nose into Catholic education in IRELAND
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- What is your good news?
- QUAERITUR: Wouldn’t audible prayers in the Extraordinary Form be better?
- Request for Prayers
- WDTPRS 11th Ordinary Sunday: God begins and completes the meritorious things we do
- WDTPRS 4th Sunday after Pentecost – Our rebellious wills.
- Irish PM ‘c’atholic Enda Kenny – what a classy guy
- What is “lobby” all about in the Vatican “gay lobby” chatter going on?
- POLLS: Latin and/or Vernacular at Low Mass (TLM)
- Hunger Bones
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS and MASS for benefactors
- QUAERITUR: Vernacular only readings in traditional Low Mass?
- Different confessional practices/customs around the world
- CLERGY and CLERGY ON CALL Car Magnets
- Want a TLM in your parish? Here is how it was done in one place!
- QUAERITUR: Confessional etiquette
- Catholic League’s head: Pope Francis should expel Vatican’s ‘Gay Lobby’
- Human rights? Over-rated.
- Nancy Pelosi: late-term abortion “sacred ground”
- WISCONSIN: Legislation requiring ultrasounds
- Of Star Wars and Immanentism and Birdcages and Elite Snobbery. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Schadenfreude and Reform of the Roman Curia
- QUAERITUR: Distance of a priest’s valid consecration
- Document ready for close of Year of Faith
- Of Devils and Agencies and Metadata and You
- “You have the right to remain silent.”
- Spare the rod and spoil the chant!
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Grab and Go Food Kit… check it out!
You keep this blog going.
Tag Archives: Jeffrey Tucker
Kudos to Jeffrey Tucker who has taken over the reins of the blog New Liturgical Movement!
Click on the image and go spike their stats as a welcome gesture.
Technorati Tags: blogs, Jeffrey Tucker, liturgy, New Liturgical Movement
From National Public Radio:
New Catholic Mass Already Causing A Stir
by Barbara Bradley Hagerty
November 25, 2011
This weekend, Catholics may experience a little surprise when they attend Mass. [Not if they have been going to Mass regularly. They will have heard announcements … Continue reading
You should be checking out The Chant Cafe with some regularity. I saw this over there.
I thought it was apt, considering I have also lately seen a few posts out there in the blogosphere about proper attire in church.
Let’s say … Continue reading
My friend Jeffrey Tucker over at the Chant Cafe has a great entry on music and matters liturgical… and you.
He provides bullet points which are each food for thought.
Here is how he begins:
What We Think We Know That Is Wrong
A … Continue reading
The Church’s sacred music played an important role in my conversion, when I was a young man. There is a great deal of work to do.
But perhaps just as in the spring rivers will thaw and log jams start … Continue reading
This is from my friend Jeffrey Tucker’s The Chant Cafe
Last February (it seems like years ago), InsideCatholic ran my article called Pay to Pray: The Church’s Simony Problem. Based on years of thought and research, I took aim at … Continue reading
My friend Mr. Jeffrey Tucker has posted on his blog, Chant Cafe, videos with audio of new chants for the Novus Ordo in English according to the upcoming corrected translation. These are intended as tutorials.
Some people are claiming that the … Continue reading
At The Chant Cafe my friend Jeffrey Tucker, a distinguished Church musician, has a few trenchant comments about some of the music for an even during the upcoming Papal Visit to England.
My emphases and comments:
Damian Thompson reports on the … Continue reading
Allow me please to direct your attention to a new blog of a friend of mine, Mr. Jeffrey Tucker, who is well-known as a Church musician. He is editor of the journal Sacred Music, which for many years had been … Continue reading