HAM RADIO W9FRZ STATUS
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
I had to change the way that people go to amazon to buy things because... you know... why make it easy?. So, just click the link below. Once you're in, you're good to shop.
Try AmazonFresh Free Trial
Shop Amazon Gold Box - New Deals. Everyday
Shop Amazon Gift Cards - Instant Delivery or Free One-Day Shipping
Try Prime Discounted Monthly Offering
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
About this blog…
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
My Twitter – @fatherz
Beautiful, heirloom quality Rosaries
Fr. Z’s Blog is a Founding Member of…
“The modern habit of doing ceremonial things unceremoniously is no proof of humility; rather it proves the offender's inability to forget himself in the rite, and his readiness to spoil for every one else the proper pleasure of ritual.”
- C.S. Lewis
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
2020 TLM Pilgrimage to the Holy Land
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Volanges: APX, not every parish stood during the Consecrati on before 2011. As a military dependent I’ve been posted across Canada since 1975 so my experience is in all provinces except B.C....
- teomatteo: The closest i have come to an incorrupti ble that wasnt designated as such was some years ago. I was scuba diving on a shipwreck in Lake Superior (Isle Royale) and there was a body still...
- neil.mac: For the commemorat ion of the prophet, Saint Samuel, who, as a boy, was called by God; and who afterwards , performing the office of a judge by God’s command, anointed Saul as King over...
- Gaetano: I fear that what they envision is a “river table”, where an irregular strip of clear epoxy is sandwiched between two planks of wood. It’s a current design trend, but it will pass, leaving...
- W0BPH: I am imagining the altar to be made of a clear resin with these collected river stones embedded. Essentiall y, I imagine the altar mensa would like the bottom of creek̷ 0;very pretty for...
- Fr Martin Fox: Father Z: Thanks for this encouragin g story; I shared a portion of it (with credit to you) in my upcoming parish bulletin.
- Benedict Joseph: Ecclesiast ical Dadaism. That is far more accurate than what I have been terming Bergoglian abstract expression ism. It makes far more sense.
- supercooper: I can sympathize with Patrick 71. I believe in the incorrupti ble saints, including St. Bernadette , based on the conversion of the atheist mentioned in the post. But why would the...
- guatadopt: I’ve seen some pretty horrendous looking altars in some (mostly 1960s+) churches in my diocese. I’m having a hard time picturing what they are describing but “riv er of...
- Patrick71: I have difficulty with incorrupt saints. They always look like wax dummies to me. I’m not convinced they’ ;re real. Thankfully I’m not required to believe they are.
- Spade: This reminds me of the old joke about how the Jesuits are so into innovation that there̵ 7;s only two things that have never changed at a Jesuit Mass.
- Daddio: Funny, but also really beautiful in its simplicity . Take the kids to adoration. Tell them it’s Jesus. Let them grow up thinking, “Tha t looks like bread, but it’s really...
- ChesterFrank: I recall a priest showing the parishes their new Altar, with an emphasis on showing the relics. The Altar was wood, similar to a table. There was no Altar Stone on top, and no adorn...
- Lurker 59: I am sure in here is some joke that revolves around Jesuits and their understand ing of liturgy, but it is probably so old and Fr. Reese s.j. makes it such a truism that it need not be...
- robtbrown: Also: The Eucharist is not a meal. There are three possibilit ies. 1. The Eucharist has the Form and Content of a meal 2. The Euchatist has Form of a Meal but Content of a Sacrifice. 3....
- robtbrown: MOSTLY SAID PREVIOUSLY 1. Use of “Transubst antiation” does not necessaril y refer to the categories of Aristotle. It is first used in Lateran IV in 1215, ten years before the birth of...
- Lurker 59: @Suburbanb anshee — As much as religious survey questions are generally not asked well, being an ex-Protest ant, I can guarantee you that the majority have no understand ing of the...
- Archlaic: Beanie’s straw men indeed, these bishops so “enthusias tic” about Summorum Pontificum … not disagreein g that SP has enabled a far wider availabili ty of the TLM but much of it has...
- Unwilling: Recently on this, I have watched a few more YouTube interviews with Bishop Barron. His main theme is the need for catechesis , since (69% of) Catholics don’ t know what the Church...
- loyeyoung: @The Masked Chicken 1. For a detailed analysis of the tithe in the Old Testament, see http://www .texasprea cher.org/m oney/first -fruits-sa crifice-co venant/. 2. Whichever language you...
- Gabriel Syme: Our sermon said that when presented with the tale of Publican and the Pharisee at prayer, our reaction can be to think that we ourselves must be more like one or the other. That is,...
- iamlucky13: Quoting chantgirl: Reverence for the Blessed Sacrament needs to start from the top down. To encourage Catholics to go to Adoration, and to combat the lack of belief in the Real Presen...
- iamlucky13: I’m amused by his random need to criticize the Aristotili an concepts of substance and accidents. It provides no support for the points he wants to make and his contention that...
- Suburbanbanshee: I still think it was “dur ing the Catholic Mass” ; that people were shying away from. Makes it sound like that weird Anglican/E piscopal idea that the Eucharist only is...
- APX: ejcmartin, G&P and CBWIII commonly go together in a parish. CBW IV is being released this coming Advent. It still has that awful inclusive “Living Faith” version of Faith of Our Fathers...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- ASK FATHER: Incorrupt bodies of saints
- ASK FATHER: How to explain the Eucharist to a Jesuit ( @ThomasReeseSJ )?
- ASK FATHER: Bring pebbles to church so we can make a new altar
- 20 August: St. Samuel, Old Testament prophet
- Jesuit Thomas Reese against Transubstantiation. Wherein Fr. Z responds.
- “LaCI and Beans” back at it again! Attack US Bishops for their enthusiastic implementation of law
- PODCAzT 174 and PRAYERCAzT: The Latin of the Traditional Rite of Baptism of a Child
- Your Good News
- Monday Morning Brain Jumpstart: some good reading
- “My sons playing Mass ‘against pagans’.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes – Our attitude at the altar
- That tragic Portland parish, the mistreatment of the priest. Fr. Z’s solution: “Let’s make a deal!”
- Is cutting off the money the way to go?
- ASK FATHER: Can I wear a scapular on my bullet proof vest?
- BOOK: Grandmother and the Priests
- What is a “liturgist”? Some thoughts.
- WDTPRS – 20th Ordinary Sunday: Live in love to have later Love Himself
- Adventures in “gay” ad blocking
- Lighter Fare For Friday
- ASK FATHER: @BishopBarron on the Pew Research and lack of belief in the Eucharist. Fr. Z rants a little and issues an invitation.
- The latest podcast on the upcoming Synod from Damian, Unbound. “@HolySmoke” is right!
- ASK FATHER: Why didn’t Benedict XVI say the #TLM? How can we get one? What does the future look like?
- @JamesMartinSJ praises preaching by a religious sister. Let’s consider what he praised!
- VIDEO: 1950 – Pius XII infallibly proclaims the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary
- Shoot up in Philadelphia – cops injured. I’m a simple guy and I’m worried.
- ASK FATHER: Priest puts up scandalous “gay” flag for annual public “pride” week. Bishop: zero help.
- Your Good News
- A Black Mass in the Vatican at the time of Vatican II?
- BACK TO SCHOOL TIME?
- 14 Aug -St. Maximilian Kolbe, priest, martyr, #HamRadio operator, intercede for dissident ‘c’atholic media! #CQ
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
Because it matters what children read…
Be a “Zed-Head”!
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Nota bene: I do not answer these numbers or this Skype address. You won't get me "live". I check for messages regularly.
020 8133 4535
Tag Archives: Jesuits
Four years ago to this day, I posted ASK FATHER: How to explain the Eucharist to a 3 year old? It could be reworked into a post along the lines of: ASK FATHER: How to explain the Eucharist to a … Continue reading
Fr. Thomas Reese, SJ, is well known to readers of this blog as a charlatan theologian. He was once the editor of Jesuit-run Amerika, but in 2005 the CDF ousted him due to his stances on the use of condoms, … Continue reading
Today is the Feast of the founder of the Jesuits. May I say from the onset that I have some spiffy Pope Clement XIV gear? HERE Here is the Martyrologium Romanum entry for this great saint, Ignatius of Loyola. To … Continue reading
On the feast of St. Mary Magdalene homosexualist Jesuit James Martin said that he is “stupefied” that the Church doesn’t let women preach. Right away I posted HERE that all major orders have female components except the Jesuits. Martin would … Continue reading
Here is something instructive from One Mad Mom. Moms pay attention to details. A Tale of Two Screen Shots Two screen shots from Fr. Martin say what we all know but I’ll just paraphrase: “I have no say in what … Continue reading
It is a great FEAST today. Today, 21 July, in the year of grace 1773, Pope Clement XIV of happy memory, issued his Bull by which he suppressed the Jesuits. I have all sorts of Papa Ganganelli gear which you can order … Continue reading
UPDATE 22 June: CNA has more of the back story. HERE UPDATE 21 June: Check out canonist Ed Peters on this story. HERE ___ You may have already seen this, but I’m both glad and sad to post it. This … Continue reading
Why is Jesuit homosexualist Father James Martin’s obsessive focus so troubling? Here’s an example. No mention of June as the month dedicated to the Sacred Heart. Rather, his focus for June is on “pride” in sodomy. To all my many … Continue reading
Jesuits. What more is to be said? The Jesuits who run Amerika Magazine have a homosexualist agenda, that is, the promotion and normalization of sodomy. Look past the homosexualist fanaticism of Jesuit Fr. James Martin, and you find also the … Continue reading
Putting the pessima in corruptio optimi pessima. From a reader: Dear Father, Apparently, the Vatican has accepted P. Wucherpfennig SJ as rector of the Jesuit High School Sankt Georgen in Frankfurt, Germany. He was recently denied the nihil obstat by … Continue reading
There is a piece at LifeSite that you should see, if you want to understand something about how The Present Crisis grew, over the years, to the existential threat that it is in these USA. Remember: The Lord gave us … Continue reading
This is something that was perpetrated in a JESUIT church in NYC, the once and still mostly beautiful St. Francis Xavier, which is part of a large and once important High School. Watch and bite your lip till bloody. This … Continue reading
“Somehow, almost overnight, our culture decided that a “LGBT” identity is something that one is born with.”
He shouldn’t have been there in the first place. However, I suppose that the dicastery headed by non-Card. McCarrick’s former apprentice in Washington, Card. Farrell, deemed it opportune to have Martin there. At Crisis David Prosen reacts both to homosexualist … Continue reading
Take a really good look at this, at a Jesuit site on Facebook. This is yoga in the sanctuary of St. Francis Xavier Church in Manhattan, which also has a well-known High School. In view is a door that … Continue reading