Not to be missed…
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Mightnotbeachristiantou: I need to redownload the scriptural way of the cross. There are a few apps available. I like the one Via Crucis. I just wish it came with an audio. I tried the papal one...
- carndt: Please edify me on Holy Thursday&a mp;Good Friday. When I was young( pre-VII): – there was not feet washing of anyone. Last night there was feet washing of laity, 12 individual s. One...
- Imrahil: (Except, I guess, for the latter – which I intended to delete from the comment, but there goes.)
- Imrahil: Anyway, what about the apple (or for that matter orange) juice? Or the skim-milk of the Wisconseni ans (what̵ 7;s the word for them?)? They might be borderline cases, especially with...
- Mariana2: Should have read: my Lutheran husband 217;s apple juice.
- Mariana2: I looked rather longingly on my husband 217;s apple juice today̷ 0;
- pbnelson: @Imrahil, thanks!
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf: Semper: As we sang this morning 230; Dómine, audívi auditiónem tuam, * et tímui. Dómine, opus tuum, * in médio annórum vivífica illud: In médio annórum notum fácies: * cum...
- Imrahil: Chewing gum? One after each meal and collation seems okay. After all, they are hardly nourishing . The point is, they must in a sensible manner be part of the meal or the collati...
- Semper Gumby: Thank you Fr. Z. “Whe n the years shall draw nigh Thou shalt be known: when the time shall come, Thou shalt be manifested . When my soul shall be in trouble, Thou wilt remem...
- Imrahil: Well, what about the cappuccino ? It looks to me like a quite good example of a morning allowance. One. With nothing else. Okay, maybe one abbraccio or pan di stelle or the like. Just one....
- pbnelson: Okay, coffee with a small amount of milk is okay, got it. What about cappuccino s? i.e. 1.5 ounces of espresso with 3 ounces of milk? And three of them? To be completely honest, my idea...
- SKAY: Thank you JonPatrick
- Suburbanbanshee: Interestin g optical effect. Because the vestments match the altarcloth , the clergy sometimes look like they are literally one with the altar and the actions of the liturgy.
- sallyr: How beautiful and how profoundly sad. The wooden choir stalls must all be gone. Those in attendance were the last to see this noble, orderly and peaceful cathedral.
- Julia_Augusta: In Japan, fast/ab is very easy. Portions of food are tiny to begin with. Friday fast/ab: miso soup for breakfast, very small rice ball (onigiri) for lunch and dinner is sushi/s...
- SanSan: Beautiful Father Z.
- Blackfriar: Just a little something to add: it is not known by many is that Holy Saturday – up until the time of the Easter Vigil – is also a day of fast in the Latin Church –...
- Gab: The vestments are stunning! And seeing the material worn and not close up (as in your original photos, Father), there is more white than blue.
- Gab: Beautiful Stations of the Cross today using the Bl. John Henry Newman Meditation s (for obvious reason) and lead by an amazing Bishop Emertius, whose homily at the 3pm Commemorat ion of the...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf: And for the guy out there who thought that these didn’ ;t have enough red in them, because – according to him – Easter has to have red and these are too blue...
- JonPatrick: A translatio n of HvonBlumen thal’ ;s Spanish article (Google Translate) : Andrei is a young Belarussia n from Minsk studying in Paris. It appears in the viral video of the prayer...
- Pius Admirabilis: I love those vestments! Good job, TMSM! May God bless you, pater reverende, and may you have a blessed Triduum!
- Mariana2: Thanks, Father!
- Imrahil: I myself have attended once the anticipate d Sunday Mass, or most of it, in Notre Dame, and there were genuine worshipper s there. It was no more, I guess, of “jus t a tourist...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- #GoodFriday and You: Prayers for Holy Souls in Purgatory and Plenary Indulgences
- STATIONS OF THE CROSS – Audio from Fr. Z
- Good Friday Reminder: Fasting, Abstaining, and You
- LENTCAzT 2019 45 – Good Friday: The ultimate pulpit
- TMSM: Holy Thursday Mass with the new vestments
- A good article in Crisis about France. Fr. Z adds a short rant.
- LENTCAzT 2019 44 – Holy Thursday: Sin is in the blood
- So a guy with gas cans walks into @StPatsNYC in Midtown Manhattan…
- ARRIVED: Tenebrae Hearse! And a successful bout with Zuhlsdorf’s Law
- PRAYERCAzT: What does the Latin Exorcism really sound like? FOR PRIESTS ONLY – UPDATED
- Fundraising idea for #NotreDame
- VIDEO: Interview with Fr. Jean-Marc Fournier
- WDTPRS – Spy Wednesday, the last Collect of Lent
- VIDEO: Interior of #NotreDame after the fire. WHEW!
- LENTCAzT 2019 43 – Wednesday of Holy Week: In a cataclysm, something must be salvaged.
- VIDEO – The last rite in #NotreDame was… this?
- About #NotreDame and the fire and the altar. Just sayin’…
- Fr. Z rants about #NotreDame fire and the Faith in the Church’s “eldest daughter”
- Inside burning #NotreDame a human chain saved relics, Blessed Sacrament. Fr. Jean-Marc Fournier – OORAH!
- Happy Birthday, Benedict XVI! Ad multos vivas faustissimos annos
- LENTCAzT 2019 42 – Tuesday of Holy Week: It wasn’t a suggestion
- An early ALLELUIA for the vaulting of #NotreDame – It held!
- Fire – roof of Notre Dame of Paris – Will this shock awaken the Faith?
- LENTCAzT 2019 41 – Monday of Holy Week: Cleansing costs
- POLL: @GameOfThrones – Final Season #GoTS8
- Your Palm Sunday Sermon Notes
- LENTCAzT 2019 40 – Palm Sunday: Something borrowed
- ASK FATHER: The priest is a jerk and has hang-ups
- ASK FATHER: My unbaptized wife insists on contraception
- A detail in a detail in a header on this blog and some details about a liturgical detail.
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Tag Archives: Jesuits
Jesuits. What more is to be said? The Jesuits who run Amerika Magazine have a homosexualist agenda, that is, the promotion and normalization of sodomy. Look past the homosexualist fanaticism of Jesuit Fr. James Martin, and you find also the … Continue reading
Putting the pessima in corruptio optimi pessima. From a reader: Dear Father, Apparently, the Vatican has accepted P. Wucherpfennig SJ as rector of the Jesuit High School Sankt Georgen in Frankfurt, Germany. He was recently denied the nihil obstat by … Continue reading
There is a piece at LifeSite that you should see, if you want to understand something about how The Present Crisis grew, over the years, to the existential threat that it is in these USA. Remember: The Lord gave us … Continue reading
This is something that was perpetrated in a JESUIT church in NYC, the once and still mostly beautiful St. Francis Xavier, which is part of a large and once important High School. Watch and bite your lip till bloody. This … Continue reading
“Somehow, almost overnight, our culture decided that a “LGBT” identity is something that one is born with.”
He shouldn’t have been there in the first place. However, I suppose that the dicastery headed by non-Card. McCarrick’s former apprentice in Washington, Card. Farrell, deemed it opportune to have Martin there. At Crisis David Prosen reacts both to homosexualist … Continue reading
May I say from the onset that I have some spiffy Pope Clement XIV gear? HERE Here is the Martyrologium Romanum entry for great saint, the founder of the Society of Jesus. (To the right is my first class relic … Continue reading
Take a really good look at this, at a Jesuit site on Facebook. This is yoga in the sanctuary of St. Francis Xavier Church in Manhattan, which also has a well-known High School. In view is a door that … Continue reading
Today at The Catholic Thing (btw… did you know that was the title of a book by Rosemary Haughton?) there is a perspicacious offering called Pascal and the Jesuits [which could be the name of a discordant band] It seems … Continue reading
Homosexualist activist James Martin, SJ, tweeted this today. Gospel: Today Jesus talks about not only the end times, but the end of our lives. Is it morbid to think about your death? No, it can be clarifying. It helps you … Continue reading
For decade after decade a liberal elite dominated the mass media. People hardly knew it, the domination was so pervasive and complete. Then, slowly but surely, a few conservatives clawed their way past the massive machine of opposition. So, it … Continue reading
My good friend Fr. Finigan, aka His Hermeneuticalness, has a doozy of a post today about admirable Jesuits, on this the feast of their founder, St. Ignatius. HERE He names some great Jesuits, many of whom I know and one of … Continue reading
By now you may have seen the attack on Americans – conservative Americans and traditional Catholic Americans – in what some people consider a semi-official publication of the Holy See Civiltà Cattolica (now aka Inciviltà cattolica). The title in English: “Evangelical Fundamentalism and … Continue reading
ASK FATHER: Corruption, sodomy, drugs, infidelity… How can we trust anything from Rome? Wherein Fr. Z rants.
UPDATE: Feedback from a reader… In a recent post, you respond to a question about the distress that is caused by the latest homosexual scandal in the Vatican. You pointed out that the enemy will attack, “in particular,” those who have influence over … Continue reading
A disgusting site called VICE (please don’t go there) has a story: One Priest’s Plan to Queer the Catholic Church The priest in question is Jesuit… Jesuit… James Martin, SJ. It’s an interview. Don’t. Meanwhile… Clement XIV Swag HERE Where’s … Continue reading