- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- TNCath said I’m with Much Like Martha: a urinal. And t...
- Cathy said From Michelangelo whose sculptures “spoke...
- Priam1184 said To the reader: yes it is intentional. This practi...
- Jeff said Purification by fire!!!
- OrthodoxChick said swilson18, Actually, my 5 year old can and has pro...
- wmeyer said Caesar, did Screwtape give you that rationale?
- wmeyer said To call it grotesque would be kind. I agree with S...
- anilwang said @Magpie, “If a divorced and remarried couple were...
- smittyjr63 said Looks like they stole that thing from Easter Islan...
- mightyduk said “there may be instances”? Exceedingly...
- Rich said There is a sort of reverse clericalism at work in...
- Caesar said But beauty is subjective! It’s the feeling i...
- Legisperitus said First the firebombing and now this. The way to gi...
- sw85 said Many modern artists are quite frank about their us...
- PA mom said Vandalia- the Protestant thing is different. The...
- Menagerie said I am speechless. If this art inspires any type of...
- iPadre said Speaking of EX Mins. I no longer have them on Sund...
- Fr Martin Fox said Astonishing. Words fail. When folks in one of my p...
- dans0622 said IPadre: I agree that there is seldom a daily Mass...
- swilson18 said Actually, this could be beautiful done in crayon o...
- Darren said I agree 100% with Supertradmum. Looks like a Totem...
- Mike said I declined a request from my pastor to be a EMHC....
- James C said If you think that’s bad, look at this sculpt...
- terryprest said According to the Cathedral website it is a Pieta S...
- gertrude said Horrible image of Our Mother! I see such sadness....
- majuscule said The tall vertical stone represents Mary – note the...
- mamajen said Somebody has been playing too much Minecraft.
- MuchLikeMartha said Lord have mercy; seriously. It looks like a urina...
- Bosco said @Father Z., I know what you’re sayin’,...
- Jerry said re: EoinOBolguidhir – “But divorce and...
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- You have GOT to be joking: Making the sacred as ugly as sin!
- “Antinomianism in high places” – Canonist Ed Peters on divorce, remarriage, Communion
- QUAERITUR: Am I being selfish for not reading at Mass?
- Some reading options… including a Chinese invasion of Seattle!
- ADVENTCAzT 05: 1st Thursday of Advent – “Our miserable flesh”
- Fox News opinion piece BLASTS Pope Francis as “the Catholic Church’s Obama”
- Why don’t as many men go to church as women?
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 450 years ago today: Council of Trent closed!
- Active Participation … for WHOM?
- “If you want your Latin in the Mass, you can keep your Latin in the Mass. PERIOD!”
- 50 years ago today: BUGNINICARE!
- QUAERITUR: Can choristers receive Communion after Mass?
- ADVENTCAzT 04: 1st Wednesday of Advent – “Advent is not a sacred liturgical play.”
- Pope Francis: Peace which is not tranquility.
- Pope Bouncer
- ADVENT: Ideas for your season of preparation
- ALERT! A “wine” that perhaps isn’t really wine!
- Boston church vandalized
- ADVENTCAzT 03: 1st Tuesday of Advent – “The lights we kindle”
- Another evil attack on the Church and religious freedom in these USA
- Pope Francis: former bouncer
- “If you don’t see Merry Christmas in the window”… a song about shopping. VIDEO
- Gift ideas and a really swell way to get your caffeine fix!
- Wherein Fr. Z posts his annual rant on BLUE vestments and then sings to you. POLL!
- GUEST POST: NYC taxi driver thankful for Extraordinary Form, sad for dead baby.
- ADVENTCAzT 02: 1st Monday of Advent – “Heaven, when will we hear you sing?”
- Some 100 US dioceses have adopted Common Core
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
For for thought:
Those who have least power in the decline of a State, are priests, soldiers, the mothers of many children, the lovers of one woman, and saints.
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded— here and there, now and then— are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty. This is known as ‘bad luck.’”
- Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Tag Archives: John Zmirak
One of the reasons I go on and on about a renewal of liturgical worship is without such a renewal, there can be no renewal of Catholic identity. And if we don’t have a strong Catholic identity within the Church, … Continue reading
Literature is full of re
Mr. John Zmirak started this here. Tom Hoopes responded. Zmirak responded to Hoopes.
My role? just think of me as "Fr. Tom Servo" commenting on the whole thing.
I posted on first pieces and in fairness I … Continue reading
There is a bloggy debate going on between Mr. Zmirak and Mr. Hoopes. Rather, it turned into a debate.
Zmirak started the ball rolling it with a piece in Inside Catholic. Hoopes responded on the National Catholic Register.
I posted a … Continue reading
You’ve got to love an article that winds up with the tag:
And by changing back the flag, by taking back our Mass, we are saying: Go back to Hell. Our Church belongs to Christ.
An article on why more traditional … Continue reading