Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- richiedel: DanW got it.
- DanW: Gaius Marius
- G1j: We settled for venison goulash today̷ 0;Tasty, but the pasta e ceci looks fantastic.
- JustaSinner: Alas, too many carbs̷ 0;but I can dream!
- acardnal: Was the broth chicken or vegetable? [This was chicken broth. You could use either.]
- capchoirgirl: Mmmm! That looks fabulous.
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- 25 March: Feast of The Good Thief, St. Dismas
- LENTCAzT 2019 19 – Monday of the 3rd Week of Lent: The angel’s greeting to Mary
- Fr. Z’s Kitchen: Pasta e ceci … with a quiz
- ASK FATHER: Bishop forces priest to use table altar instead of high altar for Extraordinary Form
- LENTCAzT 2019 19 – 3rd Sunday of Lent: Mass is not a souvenir
- Vicious letter to a young, faithful priest
- LENTCAzT 2019 18 – Saturday in the 2nd Week: God chooses the weak
- STOP THE PRESSES: Young people sing in the Illinois State Capitol
- Study Commission: no evidence women were ordained to the diaconate
- Your Good News – UPDATED
- Dots to connect
- STATIONS OF THE CROSS – Audio from Fr. Z
- LENTCAzT 2019 17 – Friday in the 2nd Week: The most efficacious devotion?
- Wherein Fr. Z makes an appeal to the readership
- “Dear Fathers, dear seminarians…” Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- LENTCAzT 2019 16 – Thursday in the 2nd Week: “Don’t give me heaven! Instead give me…”
- George Weigel on “Two Georges” and future persecution
- Francis’ Triduum Schedule: strange lacuna
- Bp. Schneider: On the question of a heretical pope
- ASK FATHER: Father doses off during Mass
- LENTCAzT 2019 15 – Wednesday in the 2nd Week: Card. Burke
- Officially BADASS CATHOLIC PHOTO
- Germany: More dissent from nuns
- “Te, Ioseph celebrent”, a hymn in honor of the Terror of Demons
- CRISIS: Keen analysis of the implosion of the German Church
- LENTCAzT 2019 14 – Tuesday in the 2nd Week: Glorious St. Joseph!
- Lighter fare
- Wherein Fr. Z rants about Hell and sin and Enemy of the soul
- LENTCAzT 2019 13 – Monday in the 2nd Week: Kneeling at Mass, its actual liturgical function
- “You just want the 1950’s back!”
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
New miscellaneous releases and events
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Tag Archives: Julia Child
Today is not only Ash Wednesday, but it is also the Feast of St. Rose of Viterbo. St. Rose died on 6 March 1251. Today is her “dies natalis… birthday (into heaven)”. However, there is an amazing event in Viterbo … Continue reading
I’ve been getting my cooking on these days it seems. I go through cycles between cooking up storms and, on the other hand, eating slapped together sandwiches or cans of soup directly out of the pan. In any event, Sunday … Continue reading
Never take for granted the love of a Good Woman. Therefore, when one of my readers mentioned in the combox a recipe called Sole Bonne Femme, “Good Woman”, I determined to get me some o’ that love. Since I was … Continue reading
Sometimes I get tired of sandwiches and cans of soup and I have to make something adult for supper. Last night I decided I wanted Julia Child’s Suprêmes de Volaille aux Champignons as in Mastering the Art of French Cooking. … Continue reading
I was in Paris not long ago and one dish that I didn’t get to have there was Coq au vin. I therefore determined to make some. It has been a while. Since my Sunday night plans opened up, I … Continue reading
Since I am sure the leadership of the LCWR is hopping mad and since I hope that the CDF and SSPX will hop to it and get the reunion completed, in celebration of the news of the SSPX and of … Continue reading
For this week’s Sunday Supper, I will on Sunday be making supper for 8 on Monday. Is that how to put it? The making is on Sunday, with prep on Saturday, while the eating will be on Monday. It is … Continue reading
I said that for this Sunday’s supper I would make a broccoli dish from Apicius’ 2nd century and indeed I did. I would do it differently next time (since the recipe was pretty sketchy). for some hints about … Continue reading
I am thinking in advance about Sunday Supper. What to do? I have been looking through Apicius’ 2nd century work De re coquinaria for some hints about how to use all the broccoli that is coming in. Also, I have … Continue reading
Once upon a time I asked you readers to determine whether I should make Coq au vin or Boeuf Bourguignon for a Sunday supper. You decided on the beef and so I dutifully made Julia Child’s version from Mastering the … Continue reading
On Sundays people should, if they can, get together for a nice meal, something a little different. I didn’t poll on this one, because I knew what I was going to make. It was time to crack, once again, Julia … Continue reading
It is Saturday afternoon and preparation of my Sunday meal is underway. I began yesterday evening. Based on your feedback … Lapin au Saupiquet – with the new book 384 49% of all votes Coniglio in umido – from memory … Continue reading