Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- JMody: Yes indeed, think about that for a moment. Think about how they squash any vestige of the faith as practiced by our own parents — I went to parochial school from grade 6, my brother...
- Dismas: @Kathleen 10 – Some good points, but you lost me on a few points. – Not going to Mass will do you far more harm than a given bishop will feel. As much as I believe a well...
- hilltop: Grabski, Byzantines teve, Gab, OK_Doc and George (all above) offer comments suggesting that the press should lay off the Catholics because 1) the press is biased against Catholics and/or...
- hilltop: You ninny nitpickers , you espy a mathematic al error in Ultrarunne r’s statements (based on your own math) and miss THE point. Ultarunner ain’t wrong. The press may very well be biased...
- un-ionized: capchoirgi rl, I don’ t know the situation there but it’s almost certain to have been vetted by the bishop.
- Joy65: Praying for your son Katherine as well as for ALL Priests, Religious Brothers and sisters, Deacons, Seminarian s, our Pope, Bishops, Cardinals and all discerning vocations to the Priesth...
- AA Cunningham: Gayness(si c) will continue to be overrepres ented relative to the general population due to imposed celibacy, frjim4321 says: 21 August 2018 at 7:29 AM “imp osed celibac...
- capchoirgirl: Un-ionized , THANK YOU! Fr. Stash is such a blessing!!
- george: Ultrarunne r: All private schools account for less than 10% of students: https://ww w.huffingt onpost.com /jack-jenn ings/propo rtion-of-u s-students _b_2950948 .html But remember, the...
- capchoirgirl: Katherine: Praying for your son!
- Sonshine135: So it beginsR 30;.
- bartlep: I like your suggestion s, Fr. Z, but my bishop might be busy with other things, like the interfaith sessions with the Muslim Brotherhoo d… https://ww w.breitbar t.com/big- governm...
- Elizabeth D: This is what happened to Jesus because of all our sins. “Ble ssed are you when… ;”
- Susanna: Precious! And goegeous vestment too. I shared this with my pastorR 30; he was really touched by it and told me the timing was perfect as there is a meeting at our parish this week which...
- Katherine: The idea that seminarian s need female teachers is simply ridiculous ! They have mothers, and sisters, and aunts, grandmothe rs, neighbors, and teachers 8230; It defies reality that...
- Fr Martin Fox: I certainly have no issue with good manly examples in seminary life. That said, I would encourage readers — who I assume are not very familiar with seminary life, and I̵...
- MaryofSharon: My parents told me about the homily of their young priest who has only been ordained one year. He spoke of the impact of the earlier scandals on him as he first began to discern his...
- MaryofSharon: Exceptiona l homily by a young priest just two years after his ordination . He spoke of his sorrow and anger and how he felt led, in prayer before the Blessed Sacrament last week, to...
- Kathleen10: frjim, agreed, any bishops who covered or enabled homosexual predators to continue need to be outed and removed. Totally agree. But furthermor e, if the church and the bishops will not...
- seeker: Sometimes I laugh out loud at the wit here. Jokes about chaps with no underpants and penetratio n ?It’ s OK if someone on a hard identity Catholic blog questions the taste of that....
- bibi1003: Dear God in heaven, protect our priests. Comfort and heal Fr. Hutsko and give him the strength to carry on. Surround him with love and encouragem ent. Please help his attacker truly...
- Semper Gumby: Kathleen10 : Thanks! Michael Haz: Thanks, and I phoned Mr. Beef to see if they’ ;d pay for your new keyboard. Unfortunat ely, Mr. Beef said he had a beef with that. Fr. Z: The...
- David L Alexander: “The first thing you must attend to at Mr. Beef, just as when you are attempting to write a comment on this blog or send me an email, are The Rules. They are detailed and...
- KT127: That’s a great idea! It will also likely encourage more attendance and participat ion from lay Catholic men. Win-win!
- HvonBlumenthal: The ill judged attempt to portray the scandal of predatory clerical unchastity as purely an issue of paedophili a will certainly lead to more instances of this kind.
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- An improvement to the “Ratio” governing formation of priests in seminaries
- Priest attacked: “This is for all the kids!”
- Collusion of the press against the Church
- Food for my cerebellum. Food for my reptilian brain stem. And my observation about coverage of The Present Crisis.
- ASK FATHER: How to support priests? Prepare for underground Church?
- Ex ore infantium perfecisti laudem! 3 year old “priest’s” theological observation and a Salve
- Letters of Bishops compared. Quite a contrast.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- ACTION ITEM! Help the nuns complete their beautiful monastic church!
- URGENT: HIDEOUS about SYMBOL on pastel vestments for World Meeting of Families in Dublin @WMOF2018
- Letter of @BishopMorlino of @MadisonDiocese concerning the present crisis
- WDTPRS – 20th Ordinary Sunday: invisible love, pulsing with longing
- Terrific movement of prayer for priests: Seven Sisters Apostolate
- Archbp. Cordileone’s Letter to the people of @ArchdioceseSF Fr. Z kudos and a mini-rant.
- Wherein Fr. Z offers one of the hardest posts he has ever written – UPDATED WITH YOUR COMMENTS
- PROPOSAL to all the Bishops of these USA for your November 2018 Meeting
- Card. Burke interviewed by Raymond Arroyo. The Cardinal’s advice.
- Insightful observation about Pope Francis – UPDATES!
- ASK FATHER: Lethal force against homosexual aggression in seminary?
- Search within the text for the word “reparation”. Zero.
- ASK FATHER: Can I go to a wedding at an SSPX chapel?
- Yeahhh… this is exactly the right time to dress our clergy in pastels.
- The Rite of Degradation From The Order of Priesthood. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Fr Z calls for solidarity
- The PA Grand Jury Report
- AN OPEN APPEAL TO THE CARDINALS OF THE CATHOLIC CHURCH
- ASK FATHER: Your questions weigh heavily
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- ASK FATHER: “I now have doubt about sorting the doctrinal from the papal opinion.” Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- ASK FATHER: Faithful, active women religious. Where to go?
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Tag Archives: Juventutem
At the National Catholic Register there is an interview with the head of Juventutem, Bertalan Kiss, about young people, the Extraordinary Form of the Roman Rite and how progressive they and it are. He spoke with Ed Pentin in Rome during … Continue reading
I received a note from Juventutem.
Report of President Bertalan Kiss on WYD Conference in Rome
At the invitation of the Holy See, Bertalan Kiss – the President of the Fœderatio Internationalis Juventutem – spent much of the first week of passiontide in Rome, … Continue reading
I had an email from Juventutem (too bad about that J) saying that
Hungary’s Bertalan Kiss, has become the President of Fœderatio Internationalis Juventutem. HERE
In addition to co-founding and leading the annual Hungarian pilgrimage, Peregrinatio Fidei, since 2012, Bertalan Kiss helped … Continue reading
Apart from the fact that they use a “J”, I am all for the Juventutem movement for young people who want the Traditional Roman Rite.
I received this from the head of the Hungarian tribe of the same:
Dear Father Z.,
I am … Continue reading
Juventutem (I wish it were Iuventutem) is on the march! They are organizing all over the place.
I received word of this by email:
This year, Juventutem Hungary is organising it’s annual summer retreat in Sopron, St. George’s parish. At this retreat, … Continue reading
A couple years ago I was at Harvard to give a talk and sing a Mass organized by – among others – Juventutem.
Now I see that one of the young men in Juventutem gave the Latin address at Harvard’s commencment.
I am delighted to report something that I knew about, but didn’t post on, alas. In NYC a “Juventutem” (I wish they didn’t use that “J”) has a new chapter situated at… yes… that vibrant parish Holy Innocents. They met … Continue reading
A reader alerted me to coverage of a TLM in Miami in which the local Juventutem chapter is involved.
With Ancient Language, Catholic Mass Draws Young Parishioners
Roman Catholic Mass was at one time universally celebrated in Latin, the ancient Roman language.
After … Continue reading
During the Mass last night at Ss. Trinità and today at San Pietro, a little bit of Benedict XVI’s message was read to the pilgrims. The message was more or less complete depending on the language of translation.
However, no reading … Continue reading
I’d like to point out an event for young people in St. Louis sponsored by the group Juventutem:
Monday evening, August 4th: Juventutem Social in St. Louis
In conjunction with ICRSS ordinations
Hodak’s Restaurant & Bar
2100 Gravois Ave, St. Louis 63104.
Young adults … Continue reading
I saw at Aleteia a story about the great traditional young people’s group Juventutem (which has that unfortunate “J”). The undersigned is mentioned, but that is not the important issue. What is important is the growth of chapters of this … Continue reading
Here is a nice video “thank you” note from Juventutem to priests, lay people, Pope Benedict and Pope Francis for Summorum Pontificum.
On Monday 7 July we will have come to the 7th Anniversary of the release of the text. It … Continue reading