Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- matt from az: We are lucky such findings were reported during this pontificat e. The leftists, even the hardest core leftists, cannot say that the result was predetermi ned by a “conservat ive”...
- NBW: It is just beautiful to hear this song! We here in Illinois are battling so many anti-life and anti family laws. They just keep coming with a vengeance. Please pray for us and for the people...
- rally1042: My heart sings Hope. Youth witnessing their faith is always such a lift.
- Gab: Fr Joseph Tran, RIP
- Gab: In your charity, please could you all pray for Fr Joseph Tran who was found dead yesterday after being accused of sexually abusing a young girl while he was parish priest (PP) in his former...
- Gab: Lack of evidence? I doubt that will stop our dear pope. It seems to me, although I have no evidence, that he is more interested in being popular with the left than with God. I pray I am wrong.
- Justalurkingfool: My daughter, Mary, asked me to say a Novena along with her which I have been saying for 30 days and which has been a blessing to me. I follow it here: https://ww w.roman...
- Fr. Kelly: My Lambertini and Ganganelli mugs arrived today. I am looking forward to using them to drink Mystic Monk Coffee from.
- Suburbanbanshee: More info — the attack took place in the crypt church, which was one of Bl. Brother Andre̵ 7;s favorite places to pray. And of course St. JosephR 17;s Oratory is...
- JustaSinner: Just asking Father, but are YOU prepared for a slash n stab attack? Maybe even low caliber hand gun protected?
- John Pomeroy: Great news: It hasn’ ;t snowed here in 10 days and the berms of piled up ice and snow are almost all melted! A week of 60 degrees will do that.
- Gaetano: If ever there was an event begging for a Downfall parody video, this is it.
- LeeGilbert: In PORTLAND, OR at 6 in the MORNING there is now a DAILY, Monday through Saturday Dominican rite low Mass in Latin at Holy Rosary Parish, 375 NE Clackamas St. This is a very quiet,...
- Julia_Augusta: Good news: The cherry blossoms are coming out here in Kyoto. By the end of next week, the cherry trees will be in full bloom.
- TheBackPew: Another legacy of Fr. Frank Phillips. There are more young parishione rs in this video, embracing their faith and each other, and carrying the battle to the heart of the enemy, than...
- RichR: So, as I posted the last post my 16 year old son, who was practicing on the church pipe organ, asked why I was chuckling. He thought it was funny, so he quickly put this together for Father...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf: As to the use of anchovy, the Great Roman says: With! …and ‘can nolicchi 8217; pasta if you can find it, but grandma and mom would just break spaghetti or bucat...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf: RichR says: Imperial March Ah, yes. That was an omission.
- jjbulano: Sublime.
- RichR: You forgot to remind us of your Installati onal Mass with the “Imperial March” played as the Procession al music …jus t so everyone is clear who is in charge.
- VP: All good enough, but with Francis and those around him, it’s all about the foot in the door. Perhaps next year, they will organize a synod in some out-of-the -way place with a few Catho...
- Kathleen10: I’m truly happy for everyone 8217;s good news here, and prayers for all intentions . Fr. Z I love the still life. People say daffodils have no scent, but I love their scent! Our...
- capchoirgirl: I’ve got a book contract with Ave Maria Press for a book about suffering, the stations of the cross, and other various and sundry things!
- Semper Gumby: Black Catholic: Great comment. Outstandin g photo. A Thunder Run against Satan. M1 tanks are great, Big Papa Joe is better.
- Sawyer: Coincident ally, Phyllis Zagano is speaking on this very topic at the Three Days of Darkness. Begins at 1:00 p.m. Pacific Time today. Links to watch this and other events: Live arena...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- LENTCAzT 2019 18 – Saturday in the 2nd Week: God chooses the weak
- STOP THE PRESSES: Young people sing in the Illinois State Capitol
- Study Commission: no evidence women were ordained to the diaconate
- Your Good News – UPDATED
- Dots to connect
- STATIONS OF THE CROSS – Audio from Fr. Z
- LENTCAzT 2019 17 – Friday in the 2nd Week: The most efficacious devotion?
- Wherein Fr. Z makes an appeal to the readership
- “Dear Fathers, dear seminarians…” Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- LENTCAzT 2019 16 – Thursday in the 2nd Week: “Don’t give me heaven! Instead give me…”
- George Weigel on “Two Georges” and future persecution
- Francis’ Triduum Schedule: strange lacuna
- Bp. Schneider: On the question of a heretical pope
- ASK FATHER: Father doses off during Mass
- LENTCAzT 2019 15 – Wednesday in the 2nd Week: Card. Burke
- Officially BADASS CATHOLIC PHOTO
- Germany: More dissent from nuns
- “Te, Ioseph celebrent”, a hymn in honor of the Terror of Demons
- CRISIS: Keen analysis of the implosion of the German Church
- LENTCAzT 2019 14 – Tuesday in the 2nd Week: Glorious St. Joseph!
- Lighter fare
- Wherein Fr. Z rants about Hell and sin and Enemy of the soul
- LENTCAzT 2019 13 – Monday in the 2nd Week: Kneeling at Mass, its actual liturgical function
- “You just want the 1950’s back!”
- ASK FATHER: How can eating desserts during Lent be fasting? Would Jesus eat desserts?
- News from the great Benedictines at Norcia: building, dogs, liturgy, beer
- ASK FATHER: A question about a marriage situation (not mine)
- How to spot a good preacher
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- CNA Exposé: Archbp. Francis Chullikatt, Holy See’s former Observer at the UN
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
New miscellaneous releases and events
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Tag Archives: Juventutem
At the National Catholic Register there is an interview with the head of Juventutem, Bertalan Kiss, about young people, the Extraordinary Form of the Roman Rite and how progressive they and it are. He spoke with Ed Pentin in Rome during … Continue reading
I received a note from Juventutem. Report of President Bertalan Kiss on WYD Conference in Rome At the invitation of the Holy See, Bertalan Kiss – the President of the Fœderatio Internationalis Juventutem – spent much of the first week of passiontide … Continue reading
I had an email from Juventutem (too bad about that J) saying that Hungary’s Bertalan Kiss, has become the President of Fœderatio Internationalis Juventutem. HERE In addition to co-founding and leading the annual Hungarian pilgrimage, Peregrinatio Fidei, since 2012, Bertalan … Continue reading
Apart from the fact that they use a “J”, I am all for the Juventutem movement for young people who want the Traditional Roman Rite. I received this from the head of the Hungarian tribe of the same: Dear Father … Continue reading
Juventutem (I wish it were Iuventutem) is on the march! They are organizing all over the place. I received word of this by email: This year, Juventutem Hungary is organising it’s annual summer retreat in Sopron, St. George’s parish. At … Continue reading
A couple years ago I was at Harvard to give a talk and sing a Mass organized by – among others – Juventutem. Now I see that one of the young men in Juventutem gave the Latin address at Harvard’s … Continue reading
I am delighted to report something that I knew about, but didn’t post on, alas. In NYC a “Juventutem” (I wish they didn’t use that “J”) has a new chapter situated at… yes… that vibrant parish Holy Innocents. They met … Continue reading
A reader alerted me to coverage of a TLM in Miami in which the local Juventutem chapter is involved. With Ancient Language, Catholic Mass Draws Young Parishioners Roman Catholic Mass was at one time universally celebrated in Latin, the ancient … Continue reading
During the Mass last night at Ss. Trinità and today at San Pietro, a little bit of Benedict XVI’s message was read to the pilgrims. The message was more or less complete depending on the language of translation. However, no … Continue reading
I’d like to point out an event for young people in St. Louis sponsored by the group Juventutem: Monday evening, August 4th: Juventutem Social in St. Louis In conjunction with ICRSS ordinations 8:00 p.m. Hodak’s Restaurant & Bar 2100 Gravois … Continue reading
I saw at Aleteia a story about the great traditional young people’s group Juventutem (which has that unfortunate “J”). The undersigned is mentioned, but that is not the important issue. What is important is the growth of chapters of this … Continue reading
Here is a nice video “thank you” note from Juventutem to priests, lay people, Pope Benedict and Pope Francis for Summorum Pontificum. On Monday 7 July we will have come to the 7th Anniversary of the release of the text. … Continue reading