- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- robtbrown said PhilipNeri says: The Baby Boomers in the Order hav...
- yatzer said I am embarrassed by my fellow Boomers, but then ne...
- Sandy said My immediate reaction after reading – how di...
- Joboww said I would note the ICRSP also includes the second co...
- Woody79 said Frankly, I am not pleased by most anything the USC...
- Phil_NL said I’m a bit of two minds on this one. On the o...
- Uxixu said I laughed at a couple of the hypothetical replies,...
- Mercyknight said No more “Dictatorship of Old Hippies!”...
- ASPM Sem said As a young person myself, I am terrified of cassoc...
- Priam1184 said A funny story about deacons of a certain age: rece...
- wmeyer said A good Jesuit Priest I knew in college once said i...
- wmeyer said When I see a priest wearing a cassock, I am reassu...
- PhilipNeri said The Baby Boomers in the Order have turned the habi...
- avecrux said Sexual distinction is so fundamental that if one d...
- Unwilling said Maria, Fr Michel-Marie is a fascinating story. His...
- amrc said I love St. Edith Stein. Thanks for posting the di...
- Miss Anita Moore, O.P. said I would like to invite that cassock-wearing priest...
- wmeyer said Perhaps because it is Catholic News Service, and n...
- Priam1184 said The priests entire homily could be summed up in th...
- Bryan Baldwin said The other thing is I do think was good to change t...
- mamajen said Agree with Elizabeth. The pope is not just another...
- Netmilsmom said Our Senior Priest wore a cassock until the day he...
- Unwilling said Elizabeth D, I believe you are right — at le...
- Nan said Fr. visiting priest from Boston is in town for Bis...
- Maria said Fr. Michel-Marie, a Cassock in Deep Marseille R...
- ies0716 said This is consistent with the way traditionalist cri...
- philbert said The cassock has advantages, as even Anglicans reco...
- Elizabeth D said Good call, CNS. His article was inappropriate and...
- Elizabeth D said “He can easily stash away enough money to bu...
- Magpie said “We invite you to criticize our institutions witho...
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- Critic of Pope Francis loses gig with Catholic News Service
- QUAERITUR: Deacon tried to intimidate me out of wearing the cassock.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- QUAERITUR: Second Confiteor… should I refuse to do it?
- The Blessed Virgin compared to the Air we Breathe
- ADVENTCAzT 08: 2nd Sunday of Advent – “Time which is lost returneth not”
- The Feeder Feed: Of Storks and Self-absorbed Promethean Neopelagians
- St. Edith Stein’s dialogue between Ambrose and Augustine
- Fishwrap attacks Francis AGAIN in the matter of women’s ordination
- 7 December: St. Ambrose of Milan
- St. Ambrose read without moving his lips!
- ADVENTCAzT 07: 1st Saturday of Advent – “Tota pulchra est Maria”
- The Feeder Feed: Christological Goldfinch Sighting!
- Andrew Napolitano reacts to Pope Francis comments on economics
- ADVENTCAzT 06: 1st Friday of Advent – “boogeymen”
- You have GOT to be joking: Making the sacred as ugly as sin!
- “Antinomianism in high places” – Canonist Ed Peters on divorce, remarriage, Communion
- QUAERITUR: Am I being selfish for not reading at Mass?
- Some reading options… including a Chinese invasion of Seattle!
- ADVENTCAzT 05: 1st Thursday of Advent – “Our miserable flesh”
- Fox News opinion piece BLASTS Pope Francis as “the Catholic Church’s Obama”
- Why don’t as many men go to church as women?
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 450 years ago today: Council of Trent closed!
- Active Participation … for WHOM?
- “If you want your Latin in the Mass, you can keep your Latin in the Mass. PERIOD!”
- 50 years ago today: BUGNINICARE!
- QUAERITUR: Can choristers receive Communion after Mass?
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
For for thought:
Those who have least power in the decline of a State, are priests, soldiers, the mothers of many children, the lovers of one woman, and saints.
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded— here and there, now and then— are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty. This is known as ‘bad luck.’”
- Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Tag Archives: Kathleen Sebelius
The Supreme Court of these United States will take up a couple cases concerning the Obama administration’s anti-religious HHS mandate.
BREAKING: Supreme Court Agrees to Hear Challenge to HHS Contraception Mandate
The Supreme Court agreed on noon Tuesday to hear a … Continue reading
We have always known it would be this way, of course.
Obama’s Final Word: Catholics Must Buy/Provide Coverage for Abortion Drugs
(CNSNews.com) – The Department of Health and Human Services today released the final text of the final adjustments to the … Continue reading
On the TV series The West Wing you learn about “taking out the trash”. That is, the White House releases what might be potentially problematic news on a Friday, so that things can calm down over the weekend and other stories … Continue reading
Paul Ryan urges Catholics to act before religious freedoms erode
Presumptive Republican vice presidential candidate Paul Ryan says Catholics must act now to protect their right to religious freedom from being diminished in American society.
“This is a time where people … Continue reading
Bishops Renew Plea To Congress And Administration To Repair Affordable Care Act
[My emphases and comments.]
June 28, 2012
Supreme Court decision does not address fundamental flaws in the law
Legislation still needed to fix conscience, abortion funding, immigration problems
WASHINGTON—Today the United States Supreme … Continue reading
“c”atholics United: Who runs the dissident group politicizing the HHS mandate issue and fighting the US bishops?
Catholics United is politicizing the HHS mandate issue.
A reader sent an article from the Baltimore Sun about the opening Mass for the Fortnight for Freedom. I am sure you have read about that elsewhere, so I will only point out … Continue reading
Great Pentecost sermon on the signs of the times (e.g., the Obama’s HHS mandate and his war on the Church)
It is the Octave of Pentecost. We can should and review Pentecost during the Octave.
A friend of mine, Fr. Richard Jacobs, OSA, gave this sermon for Pentecost Sunday:
One of the Fathers of the Church, St. Cyril of Alexandria, wrote the … Continue reading
From the Cardinal Newman Society:
Faithful Catholic Colleges Urge HHS to
Rescind ‘Direct Violation’ of Religious Liberty
Joined together by their firm commitment to strong Catholic identity and fidelity to Catholic teaching, 19 Catholic colleges, universities and online programs partnered today with The … Continue reading
The Administration of “The First Gay President” is attacking the first liberties of all Americans by undermining the 1st Amendment. Pres. Obama is, through the HHS mandate, attacking also the Catholic Church and all religious institutions in the USA.
I posted … Continue reading
The excellent Becket Fund for Religious Liberty has a great timeline on their site about the HHS mandate, along with a detailed list of plaintiffs against the Obama Administration.
HHS Mandate Timeline:
August, 2011, Federal government issues a regulation requiring that all group … Continue reading