Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Click the image below (they took away our search box!). Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend. (Pssst - Can't see it? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
Here's Fr. Z's
"catholic" search for Amazon:
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- WDTPRS 5th Sunday of Lent: Undergoing liturgical death
- “Christ with me, Christ before me, Christ behind me,…” The Lorica of St Patrick
- LENTCAzT 2018 32 – Saturday in the 4th Week of Lent: ungenerous, unscrupulous
- UPDATES – More of and about The Letter™ of Benedict XVI on the booklets
- Fr. Stravinskas breaks it down to the essential
- The Three Days of Darkness 2018 are underway in LA!
- STATIONS OF THE CROSS – Audio from Fr. Z
- LENTCAzT 2018 31 – Friday in the 4th Week of Lent: Innocence, Penitence, Priesthood
- ASK FATHER: Blessing objects through plastic wrapper, box, etc.
- UPDATE – JUST TOO COOL! Battle Flag of LEPANTO reproduction available!
- Card. Kasper: homosexual relationships are analogous to marriages
- LENTCAzT 2018 30 – Thursday in the 4th Week of Lent: Priests and confidence
- NEEDFUL BOOKS NOTICE and a maternal CHALLENGE COIN update
- A “digital” Synod?
- LENTCAzT 2018 29 – Wednesday in the 4th Week of Lent: Suicidal Secularization v. The Mass
- My View For Awhile: Maternal Edition
- UK: 29 April 2018 – Rosary on the Coast – London Oratory Trip to Ramsgate
- LENTCAzT 2018 28 – Tuesday in the 4th Week of Lent: “They would pay any price for an hour!”
- @CatholicCincy repudiates @JamesMartinSJ et al. homosexualist event
- Priestly Feedback: “entirely familiar realm in an entirely hostile world”
- LENTCAzT 2018 27 – Monday in the 4th Week of Lent: Which of the sons am I?
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes and a ‘Laetare’ Sunday ROSE POLL
- Bulletin blurb from 1967 from a Long Island Parish
- JUST TOO COOL: Unboxing my new portable altar – UPDATED!
- LENTCAzT 2018 26 – 4th Sunday of Lent – Laetare: Benedict XVI on confession
- Communion in the hand. Wherein Fr. Z rants and provokes.
- ASK FATHER: Mass without proper gear? Pusillanimous stingy ignorant pride.
- LENTCAzT 2018 25 – Saturday in the 3rd Week of Lent: Stones at our neighbor’s face
- BOOKS RECEIVED and a strong recommendation and a new liturgical rites manual
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
I travel a good deal. As I get older, it takes more of a toll. My main airline - sigh - is Delta. Were I to get some Gift Cards for Delta, I could more easily upgrade for longer flights. I'm just sayin'. I'd be much obliged. HERE
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
A book by an old friend…
Tag Archives: Kindle
Slated for reading on my Kindle right now:
I think he might have not quite understood St. Thomas More’s notion of Utopia, but he is exceptionally good.
More Mitch Rapp from my homey, Vince Flynn. Prequel.
Hoping it will be a tenth as … Continue reading
Thanks for the support you are giving to the Wyoming Carmelites by buying their coffee. How is your coffee supply these days? Br. Java tells me their Jingle Bell Java blend is almost gone.
Also, thanks for using my Amazon links … Continue reading
The power is out. So, time to get some reading done. I don’t have a case with light for my Kindle, so it’s Kindle by kindled candle.
I have the Kindle 3g which has a keyboard. I was … Continue reading
His Hermeneuticalness, Fr Tim Finigan, recommended this book to me. I got it and I am glad I did. I now recommend it to you.
As a bonus to you Kindle owners, you can get the Kindle version for only $6.19! … Continue reading
Since I am in the London right now, I perked up when I found that the new Kindle from amazon is available in the UK.
Here are some USA links and comments on the Kindle I posted elsewhere.
I have the Kindle … Continue reading
I have been enjoying my Kindle enormously. I have the Kindle 3g which has a keyboard. I was sceptical at first but I have been won over. It is especially useful for books I don’t especially want to … Continue reading
The great Laudator has a fun entry today about the best places in which to read certain authors.
I resonate mightily with this a amusing post, since I have fond memories of a summer sitting in the sun reading 19th c. … Continue reading
I like listening to audio books. They allow me to do other chore-like things which don’t in themselves require intense concentration. They are great for long road-trips in a car or on an airplane.
I have also enjoyed – for more … Continue reading
I noticed that Amazon is pushing now their Kindle reader at a lower price with the tradeoff that they can push ads and sponsored screensavers to your device.
You can pre-order Kindle with Special Offers (read = ads) for $114 today. … Continue reading