Search Fr. Z’s Blog
Shopping online through Amazon?
Please, come here first! Enter Amazon through my search box and I will get a small percentage of what you spend. (Pssst - Can't see the search box? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
PS: I added Amazon Search Boxes for the UK and for Canada at the bottom of the blog page. Copy and paste titles I mention into those boxes and - BAZINGA! - results appear as if by magic. Kindle? HERE
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Aedificantium enim unusquisque gladio erat accinctus.
- Nehemiah 4:18"In those situations where homosexual unions have been legally recognized or have been given the legal status and rights belonging to marriage, clear and emphatic opposition is a duty. ... If all Catholics are obliged to oppose the legal recognition of homosexual unions, Catholic politicians are obliged to do so in a particular way, in keeping with their responsibility as politicians." CDF 2003
New material about Mother, including details about a trip she made to the far East after she had her stroke and about torments by the Devil in her cell. Some of the proceeds of the sales will go to supper Mother's community of sisters.
Ham Radio Stuff
Fr. Z - W9FRZ - OFF
QRV on: 00m 00000
Check Echolink WB0YLE-R - OFF
- cl00bie said We just ordained 6 new permanent deacons for the D...
- Benedict Joseph said Our parish priest, who always offers the Novus Ord...
- cl00bie said And the official release should be in Latin.
- cl00bie said And don’t forget your ham radio license, and...
- Ages said Does a bishop really have the authority to order p...
- robtbrown said Fr. Bryan says, “Does a priest currently need perm...
- The Mad Sicilian Geek said I’ve realized, nowadays that, whatever the t...
- monnica said The Cathedral in our diocese was recently restored...
- Torpedo1 said Congratulations Fr. Z! I’ve said it before,...
- CradleRevert said Wise words from our next Pope.
- tianzhujiao said Congratulations Father Z. and thank you for all y...
- Fr. Bryan said “Does a priest currently need permission fro...
- Skeinster said Congratualtions, dear Father, on this milestone! M...
- Macgawd said Does a priest currently need permission from his...
- Guillaume said I met the Cardinal last year in Rome. He truly is...
- RobS said This provides some calm after a bit of dread from...
- SaintsSQPNcom said looks like a chunk of the article is missing, Fath...
- Imrahil said No Sermon note (one of the sermons I heard was a p...
- catholictrad said Next thing you know, he will call for the return o...
- Christ_opher said Thank you Father Z.
- Mr. Graves said Congratulations and happy anniversary, Fr. Z. May...
- IHSV said @mtpensaventus Another publication that I read als...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Belated congratulations, and thank you for this po...
- Akita said May Our Beautiful Lady give you succor for the nex...
- Charivari Rob said A nice counterpoint to my mother’s ongoing m...
- MaryW said May God abundantly bless you on this your Silver J...
- Robbie said I would gladly welcome the reconciliation of the S...
- KatieL56 said May God bless you Father Z and give you –and...
- Jackie L said I would love to see this happen, but until it does...
- stephen c said Congratulations and Thank You!
"One of the few things in life you can be absolutely sure about is that, if Management tells you it doesn't like your Tone, you are getting something right."
"Latin is a precise, essential language. It will be abandoned, not because it is unsuitable for the new requirements of progress, but because the new men will not be suitable for it. When the age of demagogues and charlatans begins, a language like Latin will no longer be useful, and any oaf will be able to give a speech in public and talk in such a way that he will not be kicked off the stage. The secret to this will consist in the fact that, by making use of words that are general, elusive, and sound good, he will be able to speak for an hour without saying anything. With Latin, this is impossible."
- - Giovanni Guareschi
Support them with prayer and fasting.
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
"We as Catholics have not properly combated (the culture) because we have not been taught our Catholic Faith, especially in the depth needed to address these grave evils of our time. This is a failure of catechesis both of children and young people that has been going on for fifty years. It is being addressed, but it needs much more radical attention... What has also contributed greatly to the situation is an exaltation of the virtue of tolerance which is falsely seen as the virtue which governs all other virtues. In other words, we should tolerate other people in their immoral actions to the extent that we seem also to accept the moral wrong. Tolerance is a virtue, but it is certainly not the principal virtue; the principal virtue is charity... Charity means speaking the truth. I have encountered it (not speaking the truth) many times myself as a priest and bishop. It is something we simply need to address. There is far too much silence — people do not want to talk about it because the topic is not 'politically correct.' But we cannot be silent any longer."
Raymond Card. Burke
Help the Sisters. They have a building project. Get great soap (gifts, etc.) while helping REAL nuns!
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee) and Norcia (beer)!
Some current reading…
Must read for priests, seminarians, anyone interested in beauty in our sacred liturgical worship of God... Signs of the Holy One: Liturgy, Ritual, and Expression of the Sacred by Uwe Michael Lang [UK link HERE]
God or Nothing: A Conversation on Faith by Robert Card. Sarah
Buy it. Get one for your parish priests. UK HERE
Leave Voice Mail for Fr. Z
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
A great hymnal…
Find a Quality Realtor. Support the Gospel of Life!
If you, or someone you know, needs to buy or sell a house, office, or any kind of domestic or commercial property anywhere in the world, call Real Estate For Life on 1-877-LIFE-US1. They connect you with an expert agent with a proven track-record from a local franchised broker or strong independent. When the sale is completed, the agent gives a portion of their fee to Real Estate For Life as a referral fee. Real Estate For Life gives 80% of that fee to one of the pro-life organizations they work with: a house with a value of $150,000 means $1000 goes to the pro-life organization. It doesn't cost you anything.
And for your cybersecurity…
Mystic Monk Coffee also has TEA!
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
My wish lists
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- St. John Paul II
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
A morsel for thought…
"If your work is strong enough for someone to hate you, it's strong enough for someone to love you. The middle is what you should fear."
- Sean McCabe @seanwes
- More on the question of deaconettes
- Card. Sarah: “it is essential that the priest and faithful look together towards the east.”
- SSPX reconciliation. I think it might happen.
- Fr. Z’s 25th Anniversary of Ordination
- Rome – Day 2: DOC and berries
- Rome – Day 1: Not quite out of the way Churches
- ASK FATHER: Should I say “Amen” if the priest is making up prayers?
- ROME – Day 0.5: Et In Arcadia Ego
- Your Good News
- My View For Awhile: Silver Edition
- Beware of scams and fraud
- ASK FATHER: Is divorce never an option?
- ASK FATHER: Q&A instead of homily
- Your Trinity Sunday Sermon Notes
- Benedict XVI says he never told anyone the publication of the Third Secret of Fatima was incomplete
- Explain the Trinity? No problem! WDTPRS Trinity Sunday
- Thanks and Request for Prayers
- Wherein Fr. Z asks the readership for information – UPDATE
- Synodality? Collegiality? Not so much.
- WDTPRS – Trinity Sunday: Shared glory, Majesty’s gift
- NEW BOOK on Mother Angelica with never before published information
- Reason #74 for Summorum Pontificum
- My realistic solution to the problems in Amoris laetitia
- Kerknet – the portal website of the Catholic Church in Flanders – attacks Ordinatio sacerdotalis
- Adventures in Preaching! And another, far more important event.
- Interviews you should look into
- “demonic gender ideology”
- My View For Awhile: Westward Edition
- OLDIE PODCAzTs for the Octave of Pentecost
- Wherein Fr. Z rants
For your consideration…
"One of the most dangerous errors is that civilization is automatically bound to increase and spread. The lesson of history is the opposite; civilization is a rarity, attained with difficulty and easily lost. The normal state of humanity is barbarism, just as the normal surface of the planet is salt water. Land looms large in our imagination and civilization in history books, only because sea and savagery are to us less interesting."
- C.S. Lewis
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Please follow me on Twitter!
- "It will never be known what acts of cowardice have been committed for fear of not looking sufficiently progressive."
Charles Pierre Péguy Notre Patrie, 1905"If I ought to write the truth, I am of the mind that I ought to flee all meetings of bishops, because I have never seen any happy or satisfactory outcome to any council, nor one that has deterred evils more than it has occasioned their acceptance and growth."
St. Gregory Nazianzus ep. 131 - AD 382“We will conquer your Rome, break your crosses, and enslave your women. If we do not reach that time, then our children and grandchildren will reach it, and they will sell your sons as slaves at the slave market.”
Reading and gift ideas!
Tag Archives: kneeling
I wrote about the GIRM for the USA and standing or kneeling for Communion here. From CNA: Scottish archbishop tells Catholics not to kneel for communion By David Kerr Glasgow, Scotland, Aug 30, 2011 / 12:56 pm (CNA/EWTN News).- The … Continue reading
From a reader: If I receive communion kneeling must I also receive from the chalice kneeling? Look. The smallest drop of the Most Precious Blood of our Saviour and God, Our Lord Christ Jesus, is greater in dignity than the … Continue reading
The overriding reason for why we belong to Holy Church and why we receive the sacraments and why we go to Holy Mass is the fact that one day we are going to die. The sin of our first parents, … Continue reading
When the new English translation of the Roman Missal is released, it will sport a new translation of the GIRM, the General Institution/Instruction of the Roman Missal. There are, of course, adaptations for the USA and other Anglophone regions. As … Continue reading
UPDATE 23 March 20:19 GMT: From the questioner: Father, I just wanted to thank you for your response to my question. I wanted to follow-up with you about the funeral. The vigil and the funeral went beautifully. The priest did … Continue reading
From a priest reader: I am pastor of ___ in ___. I have a weekly EF Mass that draws 50-100 people, a nice group of diocesan seminarian servers, and a good little schola. I am considering returning the distribution of … Continue reading
From a reader: I have incurred a quite painful knee injury and am currently wearing a brace, between the pain and the brace kneeling is out of the question, Is it preferable to stand or sit during the consecration, I … Continue reading
From a reader: Our parish has always knelt for the Second Elevation (after the Agnus Dei). This is a regular Novus Ordo Mass. Our priest retired and now our new temporary priest has instructed us to remain standing. I want … Continue reading
From a reader: I have something that has really been bothering me that maybe you could help me with if you find the time.I am not trying to “tattle” or nit pick anything, but I am very uncomfortable with this … Continue reading