Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!Enter Amazon through my link, the image below (they took away our search box!), and I will get a small percentage of what you spend. (Pssst - Can't see it? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
Here's a generic "catholic" search start point for Amazon:
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- James in Perth: Question: Canon 15 of the Council of Chalcedon (A.D. 451) states as follows: “No woman under forty years of age is to be ordained a deacon, and then only after close scruti...
- James in Perth: I’ve never had a priest say anything other than “I absolve you from your sins in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. 221; Except maybe...
- Fr. Kelly: RE: the Cappa Magna Quite a bit has been written about it in recent years, since it has begun to be seen in use on several occasions by notable prelates such as Karol Wojtyla, Cardi...
- Ellen: I have an Echo Dot. I actually like it. It sets alarms and timers, gives me the weather, plays some games with me (Jeopardy) and I have Prayer Buddy on it so I say the rosary and chaplet of...
- majuscule: PostCathol ic– I’m always willing to give “the other side” ; a read so I went in search of Twitter 217;s “cor rection 221; of the “rep orting&...
- Semper Gumby: Happy travels Fr. Z. A Rosary for all those at the March tomorrow. jaykay: Eirinn go Brach! acardnal: “Rea gan National 8221; really does have a nice ring to it. Kathleen10 :...
- Fr. Kelly: padredana, I just checked the 1961 collectio rituum and it only has the Latin for the whole rite — no English at all. With my own translatio n of the rubrics, it reads thus: 1....
- Semper Gumby: God bless Fr. Murray. “The charge of legalist is usually thrown out by someone who doesn̵ 7;t like the Law… The ChurchR 17;s law on adultery is based on the Ten...
- William: “Wai t, there̵ 7;s more!̶ 1; I just had a mental image of Billy Mays (the TV infomercia l guy) going to confession .
- William: We are willingly letting Google, Apple, and Amazon watch us every moment of our lives. And some fundamenta lists still think it’s the Catholic Church that has your name in a secret...
- Tina in Ashburn: The last few years, a Tridentine Mass has been offered after the March. This year it is at 4PM. If you drive by car, BEWARE of the horrible traffic as you will be like a salmon...
- Elizium23: I’m very sorry to say it, but the one thing that threw me off during a Confession was when the priest proceeded to pronounce the absolution (yes, it was in Latin; I don’ t...
- Elizium23: Reverend Fathers, it is a good idea to treat your smartphone s as hostile listening devices and leave them behind when entering the confession al. Another good idea for privacy is the...
- marianne: Once upon a time, after walking out of a confession al, I remembered I forgot a mortal sin so back into line I went… ; My 2nd confession began, “Ble ss me, Father, for I have...
- TonyO: A wrong behavior, however, engaging in a homosexual act, for instance, is not always morally bad if it is done with a good attitude. I guess that because Veritatis Splendor was written in...
- marianne: There is a Solemn High Mass at St Mary’ ;s Mother of God in DC at 4:00. There is also a low Mass in the a.m. Their website has the details.
- Antonin: Hard not to draw analogies with SSPX ..AL sprang from a council of Bishops and reflected the consensus of the Bishops. It stands as written …amb iguity and all. The problem is that...
- Michael Haz: Bp Schneider will be in Milawuakee Feb 17-18 at St. Stanislaus Oratory. Per the St. Stanislaus Facebook page, Bp Schneider will lead a Spiritual Retreat Feb 17, and High Mass Feb 18.
- Hidden One: If next week we discovered that 67% of American Catholics supported firing and excommunic ating (not necessaril y in that order) dissenting theologian s, it would be amazing just how...
- Prayerful: All the confessors in the diocesan church I usually go to, use words for the Form of Absolution , which matches pp 1873-4 of the 1945 St AndrewR 17;s missal I generally use, that is,...
- richiedel: Hahaha. Yeah, these bishops who avoid scandal commit scandal alright 230;just like the cross was a scandal. “But we preach Christ crucified, a stumbling block to Jews and folly...
- NH Knight: hey aiello01 you mean the Holy Eucharist, right? New Testament Christiani ty is the Holy Eucharist. You know that right? If that is not crystal clear to you yet Scott Hahn ( former...
- Kathleen10: Happy and safe travels, Fr. Z. It is excellent that President Trump is addressing the crowd via any method whatsoever . It would be a likely mess if he attended in person, but I bet he...
- DavidR: The eye of Sauron never closes.
- Elizabeth D: The only time I ever confessed to a priest who used the traditiona l form, he said something LONG in Latin at the end and I did not hear “ego te absolvo 221; or “...
CLICK and say your daily offering!
- Big Business Is WATCHING!
- My View For Awhile: March For Life 2018 Edition
- “The Triumph of Marcantonio Colonna” described
- ASK FATHER: Would anything prevent a priest from always using the traditional formula of absolution?
- 2 Feb – MADISON – Candlemas – Pontifical Mass at the Throne
- Card. Müller on authority of Popes, possibility of others correcting contradictory papal teachings
- ASK FATHER: If I remember a sin after confessing, should I interrupt the priest and tell him?
- Slithery misdirection from the National Sodomitical Reporter: Bishops who avoid scandal commit scandal
- An Armenian bishop “ordains” a deaconette
- Two seriously ugly signs of the times involving papal honors and the silencing of bells
- BOOK RECEIVED about Martin Luther (not King but by “King”)
- ASK FATHER: How do I find out which territorial parish I live in?
- Who cares what libs think? Boldly recover and use great traditional items and vesture of yore.
- ASK FATHER: If I confess to watching porn, must I say it was homosexual porn?
- ACTION ITEM! Petition against removal of historic Cross where Fr. Marquette died
- ASK FATHER: We want our children to have reverent Masses. Can we go to the SSPX chapel?
- VIDEO Bp. Athanasius Schneider interview about “Amoris laetitia” Controversy
- ASK FATHER: Should I tell a noisy penitent that we can hear everything said in the confessional?
- Observing the Feast of the Ass – 14 January
- A false #missilethreat is NOTHING compared to this REAL DEATH THREAT
- 14 Jan – Happy Feast of the Ass!
- Fr. Murray on EWTN with outstanding commentary on recent developments
- Wherein Fr. Z comments on a @RorateCaeli post about priests, permissions and exorcism prayers. Then @fatherz rants.
- Wherein @MassimoFaggioli tosses another nastygram at the “rigorist” straw man
- ASK FATHER: URGENT EMERGENCY PREDICAMENT! Mass in Presence of a Prelate but we don’t have a Pax Brede!
- How bad is the situation of vocations to the priesthood tragic Germany?
- Esolen on virtue and chastity in “Wonder Woman” (not the one you immediately thought of)
- DISGUSTING LBGT story reveals something about homosexualist agenda in the Church. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- Irish “Mass Path”, for secret worship, mapped and photographed (and some BOOKS)
- ASK FATHER: SSPX or Diocesan TLM – It is an “undue burden” to have to wait 3.5 hours?
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
A book by an old friend…
Tag Archives: Knights of Columbus
The Knights of Columbus have replaced their Fourth Degree uniforms. I’ll admit that it might have been time to change a few things. However, what they did was, frankly, hard to explain. Their new look is that of an prep … Continue reading
I’m am irritated with the Knights of Columbus for a couple reasons.
The KCs are changing their Fourth Degree uniform.
I am not heavily invested in the KCs’ Fourth Degree uniform, mind you. But consider the implications.
Here is another reason via the newspaper … Continue reading
CRUX is funded by the Knights of Columbus.
CRUX posted this image on Twitter concerning the meeting of Pope Francis and Pres. Trump. Link to Tweet HERE
Knights of Columbus… is it time to cancel your insurance?
Moderation queue is ON.
John Allen of Crux … Continue reading
If you haven’t been following this, you might tune in.
Pope Francis’ document Amoris laetitia has sparked sharp divisions and debates. The sides have drawn up pretty much into two camps… well… three if you count the uninformed, which is pretty large.
For the … Continue reading
The two smallest nations on earth have squared off: the Vatican City State and the Sovereign Military Order of the Knights of Malta. I understand that San Marino may be readying for its own move.
The often amusing Eye of … Continue reading
I saw a piece at Crux today which left me disappointed. The piece in question is an opinion hit-job by Austen Ivereigh against anyone who dares to suggest that there are problems with Chapter 8 of Amoris laetitia.
Ivereigh is a “contributing … Continue reading
This is absurd.
The last acceptable prejudice around these days is to hate faithful practicing Catholics who accept the Churches teachings on faith and moral.
Now the acceptable prejudice is creeping into the catholic community itself.
I read at Catholic World Report about the … Continue reading
In the ultra-liberal newspaper of my native place, the Star-Tribune, there is a wacky article trying to turn Catholics against the Knights of Columbus, because the KCs are donating to help the Marriage Amendment to the Minnesota constitution. Here … Continue reading
From a reader:
I am aware that as Catholics, we may not join masonic organizations.
My question regards the Elks and the Rotary club? Do they fall under the same prohibition or is membership in these two organizations permissible for Catholics?
As far … Continue reading
I had a note from a good friend, and very active Knight, who is trying to put together an initiative for traditionally-minded Knights of Columbus.
He pointed out that over the last year several posts here announced Masses in the Extraordinary … Continue reading
The results of a KC and Marist College poll: