Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Malta: I studied the European Union at Trinity College, Dublin. I knew back in 2001 that the Maastricht Treaty was eventually going to pave the way to legalize abortion throughout all of Europe. I...
- stephen c: Thanks Father Zuhlsdorf, for your years of service. You know this, I am sure, and most Christians whose life has been devoted to a vocation such as yours (priests, nuns, monks, and...
- Sword40: May I add my Congratula tions, and a hardy Semper Fidelis !
- LeeGilbert: As multos annos, Padre! Thank you for saying yes when the Lord called you to become a priest, for making all the requisite sacrifices then and now, for all that you put into your...
- Sword40: After much frustratio n waiting for the video techs to correct their problems, we were treated to a magnificen t Ordination Mass, complete with lots of electronic glitches via the video...
- kat: Happy Anniversar y Father! May God continue to bless you and your apostolate . Prayers for you!
- Elizabeth D: At the Madison transition al deacons 217; ordination last night Bishop Morlino 217;s homily instructed the men to be ordained deacons (Stephen and Lawrence, I kid you not) that...
- Deacon Jason: If memory serves, the OF rubrics for matrimony outside of Mass also optionally allow the use of a dalmatic with the alb and stole in lieu of a cope.
- jose.a.0121: It brings great joy to see and hear a bishop or a priest speak to the flock clearly about truth and the teachings of our Lord. It shows that he is truly concerned about their eternal...
- Kevin: To PostCathol ic In a few years they’ ;ll be insisting the church accept their kids for the ‘fun days out’ like Baptism, First Holy Communion, and Confirmati on. That...
- majuscule: mater101 expressed my exact sentiments only more clearly than I could have!
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf: Snark? Not at all! I’m truly interested in what they have to say!
- Mike: Rigorous honesty and candor no more distinguis h the sycophants of the throne of Peter than they do its current occupant. In a few days they and he will be back to bashing the traditiona l...
- tamranthor: That right there is some Class A Number One snark, Father. Well done. :)
- Clinton R.: Congratula tions on your priestly anniversar y, Father. Thank you so much for you concern for the state of our souls, especially reminding us to GO TO CONFESSION !. May God bless you...
- APX: I remember once making an appointmen t to make a General confession over a half hour before the regular time, only to have some other woman who came to the church early walk into the confess...
- mater101: Thank you so very much for giving us an insight into your wonderful, wonderfill ed memories of your ordination . A delightful gift, in addition to the other gift : which is your faith...
- AUEagle: My Mother bought each of my siblings the paperback version of the Catechism 3 years ago. It’s a big book! My wife (recent convert from the Baptist Church 7 years ago) likes to flip...
- majuscule: Our Lady of Knock, pray for us. Get a copy of In Sinu Jesu (I tried to use Fr. Z’s Amazon link.) Also, support Silverstre am Priory with prayers and donations.
- excalibur: May Saint Patrick rise from his grave and condemn this generation , who know what they do.
- Andreas: Many blessings and a hearty Navy ‘Bra vo Zulu’ ; to you, Father Z., on this your anniversar y!
- MikeM221: May God bless you in a very special way today, Father. Happy anniversar y!
- iPadre: Ad multos annos! No greater gift could we have been given than to share in His priesthood . You are remembered in my prayers and Masses.
- Joy65: Praying for Ireland and for our world. May we be so ashamed of our sins that we RUN to Confession and ask forgivenes s for the sacrileges we do against Our God. Lord Please have mercy on us...
- robtbrown: Sawyer says: Pope Francis will visit Ireland in August. Wonder what he will say or do in response to what just happened there. How will Francis instruct, teach, admonish, encourage, pray...
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- WDTPRS – Trinity Sunday: Are you beautiful at Mass?
- Did the catholic Left and homosexualists ignore Pope Francis’ words about seminarians?
- Bp. Morlino’s clear commencement address: “let’s be politically incorrect”
- LIVE VIDEO of FSSP priesthood ordinations
- URGENT PRAYER – IRELAND
- Fr. Z’s 27th Anniversary of Ordination
- MADISON 31 May – Corpus Christi – Pontifical Mass at the Throne and Procession
- Concerning innovations
- ASK FATHER: Deacons vesting in dalmatics for concelebrations
- ASK FATHER: How do we get the TLM where we are?
- Card. Arinze: If you want Communion, become a Catholic
- ASK FATHER: When to make an appointment for confession
- ASK FATHER: Sorting out confusing, contradictory messages from priests
- Wherein Fr. Z assigns some worthwhile reading
- Met “Gay-la” and new movie. Coincidence? I think not.
- ASK FATHER: Forgetting sins during confession
- Day Of Prayer For The Church In China
- Pope Francis on homosexual seminarians: This bridge is closed!
- My View For Awhile: Urban Devastation Edition
- Does Pope Francis have a “long game” strategy?
- Interview about Honduran Card. Rodriguez Maradiaga
- Canadian Jesuit Archbp. Prendergast comments on crazy German bishops’ scheme
- Pope’s words about God making someone “gay”
- Some cool stuff, old and new, in Rome and Detroit
- @Card_R_Sarah terrific sermon for Pentecost and pilgrimage
- A Bishop calls on his brother Bishops to celebrate the Traditional Pontifical Mass, TLM
- “I originally sent you this story 8 years ago, for the brick by brick file…” UPDATE
- “Where there is no temple there shall be no homes.”
- Pastor Iuventus on the appalling Met “Gay-la”
- Chilling – probably correct – explanation of mass school shootings
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
I travel a good deal. As I get older, it takes more of a toll. My main airline - sigh - is Delta. Were I to get some Gift Cards for Delta, I could more easily upgrade for longer flights. I'm just sayin'. I'd be much obliged. HERE
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
A book by an old friend…
Tag Archives: Knights of Columbus
I had a great note from a reader:
I just dropped off a friend at JFK, Catholic Navy Chaplain, he is going to Lourdes for this event. 200 military personnel are participating. I never knew about the event. The video is … Continue reading
The Knights of Columbus have replaced their Fourth Degree uniforms. I’ll admit that it might have been time to change a few things. However, what they did was, frankly, hard to explain. Their new look is that of an prep … Continue reading
I’m am irritated with the Knights of Columbus for a couple reasons.
The KCs are changing their Fourth Degree uniform.
I am not heavily invested in the KCs’ Fourth Degree uniform, mind you. But consider the implications.
Here is another reason via the newspaper … Continue reading
CRUX is funded by the Knights of Columbus.
CRUX posted this image on Twitter concerning the meeting of Pope Francis and Pres. Trump. Link to Tweet HERE
Knights of Columbus… is it time to cancel your insurance?
Moderation queue is ON.
John Allen of Crux … Continue reading
If you haven’t been following this, you might tune in.
Pope Francis’ document Amoris laetitia has sparked sharp divisions and debates. The sides have drawn up pretty much into two camps… well… three if you count the uninformed, which is pretty large.
For the … Continue reading
The two smallest nations on earth have squared off: the Vatican City State and the Sovereign Military Order of the Knights of Malta. I understand that San Marino may be readying for its own move.
The often amusing Eye of … Continue reading
I saw a piece at Crux today which left me disappointed. The piece in question is an opinion hit-job by Austen Ivereigh against anyone who dares to suggest that there are problems with Chapter 8 of Amoris laetitia.
Ivereigh is a “contributing … Continue reading
This is absurd.
The last acceptable prejudice around these days is to hate faithful practicing Catholics who accept the Churches teachings on faith and moral.
Now the acceptable prejudice is creeping into the catholic community itself.
I read at Catholic World Report about the … Continue reading
In the ultra-liberal newspaper of my native place, the Star-Tribune, there is a wacky article trying to turn Catholics against the Knights of Columbus, because the KCs are donating to help the Marriage Amendment to the Minnesota constitution. Here … Continue reading