Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please, come here first? Enter Amazon through my search box. I'll then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst - Can't see the search box?Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
There is a subscription form at the bottom of this page!
- Mariana2 said Thanks, Father! I do love being Catholic, the Chur...
- Mariana2 said Thanks, Father!!
- Mariana2 said Thanks, Father. Waugh’s book is charming, he...
- Mariana2 said Thanks, Father!
- JonPatrick said Probably makes more sense to spend the money on ha...
- Bea said It’s God’s Call. In this noisy/app-fil...
- Navarricano said Blind luck? Nope. Providence. I tend toward the...
- Bea said That and global warming. If it comes, it comes. Wh...
- MouseTemplar said Wait a minute. Perhaps they are Pelicans! Christol...
- Sword40 said Hey, Shin, I was going to say the same thing. I wa...
- boxerpaws1952 said Kerry, now that i’ve thought about it for a...
- boxerpaws1952 said Donate,drink coffee and go to confession. Love the...
- donato2 said Has anyone else noticed that the Telegraph article...
- guans said Speaking of birds! Check out mama and her 3 babies...
- Philippa Martyr said faithandfamily, you’re right. My parents ha...
- Philippa Martyr said Don’t forget to pray for people who already...
- acardnal said “WE’RE ALL GONNA DIE!” Yup.
- Philippa Martyr said We have a perfectly splendid parish priest who I b...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Umberto Benigni’s 1912 Catholic Encyclopedia...
- PadreOP said A real story…this happened at a parish in su...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Are wishes in an Octave ever belated? In any case,...
- profling said With the decline of Catholic education once mainta...
- MattW said Well, on the bright side, we won’t have to w...
- Liam said Behold the Pink Flamingo Chasuble! Preferred vestm...
- Mike said I was talking about the blood moon the other day,...
- shin said That’s one nice looking pear!
- shin said Boy Father Z., you sure murdered ‘espaliered...
- majuscule said I hope no one complains that these things should h...
- Kerry said The O-administration is a killer asteroid.
- adeacon said The Cloisters is an amazing place to visit. The bu...
Fathers, you don’t know who might show up! It could be a “big fish” of one sort or other…
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
My wish lists
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…... and there will be nearly 1,000,000 page loads this month.
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- ASK FATHER: Spouse unwilling to seek convalidation of marriage.
- OLDIE PASCHALCAzT 50: Easter Wednesday – You are like a new colony of bees
- WE’RE ALL GONNA DIE!
- The Feeder Feed: Old Chasuble Edition
- The key to increasing vocations
- OLDIE PASCHALCAzT 49: Easter Tuesday – Finding the bones of St. Paul
- OLDIE PASCHALCAzT 48: Easter Monday – Octaves explained
- ASK FATHER: Godparents must be confirmed, married properly
- Your Easter Sunday sermon notes
- WDTPRS Easter Sunday: “Be what you see and receive what you are.”
- How the great have fallen.
- Fortissimo in the Faith: two bloggers (I one) looking back
- Saturday Stroll
- An anniversary
- ¡Vaya lío! Great idea for diocesan New Evangelization!
- Easter, customs, food and you!
- LENTCAzT 46 Holy Saturday
- Foot-washing, law, journalists, liberal activists, and Bp. Morlino
- Nancy Pelosi: Episcopalian foot washer!
- AUDIO PRAYERCAzT: Via Crucis by Bl. John Henry Newman
- AUDIO PRAYERCAzT: Via Crucis by St Alphonsus Liguori
- LENTCAzT 45 Good Friday
- POLL: 2014 Holy Thursday Foot Washing Rite – what happened?
- Thank you for something!
- Francis’ Chrism Mass Sermon: priests are very small
- AUDIO PODCAzT: Via Crucis by Joseph Ratzinger
- AUDIO PRAYERCAzT: Via Crucis by St Alphonsus Liguori (with chant)
- LENTCAzT 44 Holy Thursday
- ACTION ITEM! Help a US Army Chaplain and his troops! UPDATED
- Ready for the Triduum?
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
Wyoming Catholic College!
More food for thought:
“I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history.”
Francis Card. George
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
More food for thought…
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."
- Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137, 176
Even More Food For Thought
"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests."
- Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824. ME 16:73
Tag Archives: LCWR
I have mentioned a couple times that liberals and (this is just a subgroup) feminists (meaning LCWR types) will eventually turn on Pope Francis. HERE and HERE
You may recall that on 3 April, last, I wrote:
“Feminists and proponents of women’s … Continue reading
A while back I opined (HERE) about the LCWR assembly speakers:
How do we explain the antics of the LCWR nuns?
I have the impression that – and mothers can correct me about the right age for this sort of thing – … Continue reading
When an organization needs to deflect or obfuscate or change the subject (because things are going wrong), it uses surrogates.
Does Sr. Joan Chittister speak for the LCWR? Is she one of their surrogates? Sr. Zinn at the LCWR should clarify … Continue reading
On Coast to Coast AM (the radio show) the other night they were talking about Martians living on earth.
As it turns out, Martians mixed it up with the Celts a long time ago. This is why there are Celts with … Continue reading
In the National Catholic Register the expert on what has happened to women religious in the last few decades, Ann Carey, comments on the LCWR.
LCWR 2013 Assembly: Little Evidence Yet of Any Reforms
Now the question is: How long is the … Continue reading
The LCWR breaks silence for a post-assembly press release. They rejected me, but I’ll share this anyway. My emphases and comments:
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Leadership Conference of Women Religious Assembly Explores the Needs of the Global Community
[Orlando, FL] At the annual assembly of … Continue reading
The Fishwrap (aka National Schismatic Reporter) reports that the LCWR nuns had a conclave. I’d report it myself, but the nuns rejected my request for media credentials.
It seems that they locked the doors, posted specially-hired security guards, eschewed wireless microphones, … Continue reading
I’ve been thinking about the LCWR meeting, which – sadly – is in its final hours. (Have I mentioned that they rejected me?)
What greater sign that the CDF take-over is really working, and that it is game over for the … Continue reading
The LCWR Woodstock 2013 has begun at Yasgur’s Farm … er… the Caribe Royale Resort near Disney World in Orlando.
Today they had a talk from their featured speaker, Sr. Ilia Delio, OSF.
Excerpts from the National Catholic Register coverage:
LCWR Keynote Speaker … Continue reading
The inimitable Sr. Maureen Fiedler has taken it upon her broad shoulder to be spokesone for the LCWR.
We know that a past mentor of the LCWR is annoyed that Archbp. Sartain (appointed by the CDF to keep his eyes on … Continue reading