You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- jbas said I don’t see how the term itself is offensive...
- VexillaRegis said The more languages you know, the richer you are!
- Chris Garton-Zavesky said Two quick questions: Wasn’t St. Francis of A...
- Tom in NY said @Imrahil: I was able to take three languages in hi...
- Fr Martin Fox said I had never heard of anything like this, nor of de...
- Cheesesteak Expert said Why all the resistance to fasting and its traditio...
- Amerikaner said I think some confusion over permanent deacons and...
- Priam1184 said Excellent Father. Thank you.
- trad catholic mom said Just to clarify, I watched the semi-final yesterda...
- trad catholic mom said Thanks for the heads up I watched it yesterday. It...
- Priam1184 said I guess, after reading the comments above, oneR...
- AA Cunningham said It’s not an impeachable offense and it is be...
- Jeannie_C said Hughie – I have to admit, this has been our...
- Jeannie_C said We are blessed to have a number of Permanent Deaco...
- LarryW2LJ said It’s not being blown out of proportion, as I...
- UncleBlobb said Father Z., it is very interesting where the prayer...
- Hughie said My brother-in-law, John — a former Fire Brig...
- AA Cunningham said “According to Marine Corps regulation MCO P1...
- Bosco said Deaconite? Time to turn off the night light and ta...
- Martial Artist said Fathers (Z and Martin Fox), I am forced by conscie...
- Imrahil said Dear @maryh, most universities required at least t...
- Jeannie_C said One of your best posts ever, Fr. Z. Thank you!
- VexillaRegis said Billy: Watch out for Fr. Z’s secret identica...
- wmeyer said Father, while you are at it, do make certain that...
- Jack Regan said Can’t he carry his own umbrella like the res...
- Ted said “Without the RAM, the operating system shoul...
- yatzer said “brothers and sisters who through their work...
- mattg said Father, A few thoughts on your computer trouble:...
- LarryW2LJ said That meme that was linked to asked what the differ...
- JabbaPapa said Without the RAM, the operating system should not f...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
- Beauty break
- GUEST POST: “No more terrible Latin.”
- Francis and friend
- Looking for summer reading? Try book Pope Francis likes!
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- QUAERITUR: Getting married on a Friday. Must I abstain from meat? Fr. Z includes a brief rant.
- An exercise in fine noontime dining!
- FATHERS! Is your wi-fi, your network, secure? BISHOPS! Read this and ponder!
- Judge rules: Bp. Finn cannot be held liable in a civil lawsuit against a priest
- Again about validity of absolutions by SSPX priests
- Edgewood College to have a “Dominican Catholic mass”?
- Ramifications of the new normal
- Men want arguments!
- How the LCWR, Magisterium of Nuns, get around the Church’s teaching and hierarchy
- The Pope wasn’t killed by a nail to the skull
- QUAERITUR: Why won’t the bishop let a priest come to say the TLM?
- Pope Francis out for a spin … and a March for Life in Rome
- QUAERITUR: I found a Host at my mother’s house. Wherein Fr. Z rants a little.
- Rail by rail!
- Of flower petals, firefighters, dedication, and holes in the roof
- Pope Francis canonizes the Martyrs of Otranto, slain by Islamic invaders
- Beati qui…
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Tag Archives: LCWR
There is a CNS story about the opening of the LCWR meeting. There is no mention in the story about the fact that SNAP is protesting that the LCWR has been entirely unucooperative preventing abuse of children by women religious … Continue reading
On the site of the National catholic Fishwrap there is a story about a meeting of the past presidents of the Leadership Conference of Women Religious (LCWR – a subsidiary of the Magisterium of Nuns). The story, by their obedient … Continue reading
Let’s hear a little bit of what the Nuns of the LCWR will hear during their assembly.
Here is a video of their chosen and honored keynote speaker: Barbara Marx Hubbard.
Try to get through this. Seriously. It is a real education … Continue reading
The Survivors Network of those Abused by Priests (SNAP) is planning on protesting outside the hotel where the Leadership Conference of Women Religious are meeting in their annual assembly. Why? For years they have been trying to work with the … Continue reading
The leaders of a certain kind of community of women religious will be gathering today in St. Louis for the annual meeting of the Leadership Conference of Women Religious (LCWR – a subsidiary of the Magisterium of Nuns).
After refusing to … Continue reading
From the LCWR… er ummm… Fishwrap. The National Catholic Reporter has an article on the LCWR’s keynote speaker: Barbara Marx Hubbard.
Read below and then ponder why the LCWR refused to allow the CDF’s liaison Bp. Sartain to attend their assembly. … Continue reading
Are the LCWR and lefty mainstream media distracting attention from abuse of children by women religious?
My friend The Motley Monk has a must read piece at American Catholic about the LCWR and what is, and isn’t, behind the recent “hostile takeover” by the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith.
Read the whole thing THERE, but here … Continue reading
The long-anticipated annual assembly of the Leadership Conference of Women Religious will soon begin in St. Louis, MO. The local ordinary, Archbp. Robert Carlson is slated to speak at the assembly. There is an article about the assembly at the … Continue reading
Archbp. Sartain offered to attend LCWR Assembly. In a spirit of dialogue, The Nuns rejected his gesture.
The other day in the National Catholic Register, I read a piece about the upcoming annual assembly of the Leadership Conference of Women Religious (LCWR – a subsidiary of the Magisterium of Nuns). The writer, Ann Carey, is all over this … Continue reading
My friend The Motely Monk has a very good post today at The American Catholic.
I can’t reproduce the whole thing here, but when you go read that, note that the writer is reclaiming from the liberals the concept of “questioning”.
The … Continue reading