- You keep this blog, and me, going. I pray for benefactors.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…... through Amazon, please come HERE first. Enter Amazon through my search box. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) Have you started to think to about Christmas shopping yet?
A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
- Mike said [TLM:] St. Jerome calls Isaiah an evangelist. Ma...
- Priam1184 said @jm You’re right I think. It’s all a...
- slainewe said From the point of view of a sinner, why omit somet...
- Geoffrey said It’s funny. I am very much a “say the...
- jm said IF Jamie were right about His Holiness’ blindness...
- kevinm said Chimed in…thank you. AMDG, Kevin
- Priam1184 said Thanks Father for posting this.
- Fr Tim Finigan said Your advice is very sensible, Father. As tininrich...
- SKAY said http://davidgibson.religionnews.com/2013/12/06/fox...
- hicks said What about a fairly traditional crucifix, only the...
- Mike said This may be my favorite Hopkins poem. Thanks for p...
- tominrichmond said The FSSP use the second Confiteor. When I inquire...
- jacobi said As and when I get to a Latin Lass, the second Conf...
- wanda said Thanks, Fr. Z.
- Elizabeth D said The bird on the table is an orange fronted conure...
- Elizabeth D said I feel that in our efforts to celebrate the Mass o...
- Pastor in Valle said Father, your reply is very sensible and just what...
- iPadre said Might we say that it is a good example of incultur...
- Cafea Fruor said My favorite poem ever! Thanks for posting this, Fr...
- Mark of the Vine said When we still had celebrations of the EF here in P...
- The Drifter said How can one not love these revolutionary wannabees...
- Rachel K said I am baffled by the lack of variation in response...
- mpolo said In Latin, she is Sancta Teresia Benedicta a Cruce....
- Gratias said Second time I have listened to one of your podcast...
- smittyjr63 said We need Judge Napolitano to run for President. Ser...
- MikeM said I think that Napolitano is kind of clueless with h...
- Venerator Sti Lot said jmgarciajr, Thank you for such a detailed, lucid o...
- Venerator Sti Lot said Basher says, ” I would not ask him to create...
- Nan said This is getting old. They’ve been whining ab...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf said Diane: Father has been about his Father’s bu...
Because you asked…
Food For Thought
“The legalization of the termination of pregnancy is none other than the authorization given to an adult, with the approval of an established law, to take the lives of children yet unborn and thus incapable of defending themselves. It is difficult to imagine a more unjust situation, and it is very difficult to speak of obsession in a matter such as this, where we are dealing with a fundamental imperative of every good conscience — the defense of the right to life of an innocent and defenseless human being.”
- Bl. John Paul II
CLICK and say your Daily Offering!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
- QUAERITUR: Deacon tried to intimidate me out of wearing the cassock.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- QUAERITUR: Second Confiteor… should I refuse to do it?
- The Blessed Virgin compared to the Air we Breathe
- ADVENTCAzT 08: 2nd Sunday of Advent – “Time which is lost returneth not”
- The Feeder Feed: Of Storks and Self-absorbed Promethean Neopelagians
- St. Edith Stein’s dialogue between Ambrose and Augustine
- Fishwrap attacks Francis AGAIN in the matter of women’s ordination
- 7 December: St. Ambrose of Milan
- St. Ambrose read without moving his lips!
- ADVENTCAzT 07: 1st Saturday of Advent – “Tota pulchra est Maria”
- The Feeder Feed: Christological Goldfinch Sighting!
- Andrew Napolitano reacts to Pope Francis comments on economics
- ADVENTCAzT 06: 1st Friday of Advent – “boogeymen”
- You have GOT to be joking: Making the sacred as ugly as sin!
- “Antinomianism in high places” – Canonist Ed Peters on divorce, remarriage, Communion
- QUAERITUR: Am I being selfish for not reading at Mass?
- Some reading options… including a Chinese invasion of Seattle!
- ADVENTCAzT 05: 1st Thursday of Advent – “Our miserable flesh”
- Fox News opinion piece BLASTS Pope Francis as “the Catholic Church’s Obama”
- Why don’t as many men go to church as women?
- RECENT POSTS and THANKS!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- 450 years ago today: Council of Trent closed!
- Active Participation … for WHOM?
- “If you want your Latin in the Mass, you can keep your Latin in the Mass. PERIOD!”
- 50 years ago today: BUGNINICARE!
- QUAERITUR: Can choristers receive Communion after Mass?
- ADVENTCAzT 04: 1st Wednesday of Advent – “Advent is not a sacred liturgical play.”
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
Wyoming Catholic College!
“I use these spiffy, compact, light-weight altar cards when I travel. They really help with the dignity of even a temporary altar.” – Fr. Z
Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
For for thought:
Those who have least power in the decline of a State, are priests, soldiers, the mothers of many children, the lovers of one woman, and saints.
Check out the Cardinal Newman Society feed!
I have been giving out these tougher-than-nails, no-nonsense Rosaries:
Please follow me on Twitter!
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Buying ammo online?
More food for thought…
“Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded— here and there, now and then— are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty. This is known as ‘bad luck.’”
- Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love
Do you know Lighthouse CDs?
Tag Archives: LCWR
At Homiletic and Pastoral Review there is a good article by Fr. Regis Scanlon, OFMCap. Let’s see the first part, with my emphases:
Fifty years after the opening of the Second Vatican Council, the Church in the United States is in … Continue reading
In a story about the CDF smackdown on the LCWR, USA Today quotes Sr. Simone Campbell of the ultra-poltical, ultra-liberal Nuns on the Bus crowd.
Sr. Campbell is too smart actually to believe this, but let’s read it anyway:
[...] Sister Simone … Continue reading
The spin continues.
Another example comes from Fr. James Martin, SJ of America Magazine. (Remember his Twitter campaign to show appreciation of the nuns?)
Martin’s arguments against despair over CDF’s smackdown of the the LCWR do not convince. This is … Continue reading
Let the games begin!
The Fishwrap (aka National Schismatic Reporter) is now between a rock and a hard spot.
The NSR and LCWR are practically one flesh. At the same time, NSR has been crooning about Pope Francis new “humble” style.
I have … Continue reading
Today the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith smacked down, hard, the Leadership Conference of Women Religious. This is, as you may remember, the group of leaders of communities of women religious (not all the religious themselves, but the … Continue reading
Will this be the moment the National Schismatic Reporter crowd turns on Francis?
This is new. It does NOT refer to their meeting of some months ago.
COMMUNIQUE OF THE CONGREGATION FOR THE DOCTRINE OF THE FAITH CONCERNING A MEETING WITH … Continue reading
The next stage of the American Bible Challenge is on tonight, Thursday, at 9 pm EDT on the Game Show Network
This gameshow tests the contestant’s knowledge of baseball trivia.
Among the teams competing are the Dominican Sisters of Mary, Mother of the … Continue reading
A priest friend sent me this. I wonder Sr. Simone Campbell thinks about this.
A Greater Cincinnati nun is suspected of illegally casting a ballot for another nun who died before last November’s election, a new case of alleged vote … Continue reading