You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- maryh said Here’s how it seems like to me: The entire c...
- Giuseppe said A prayer to St. Golden Girl might also include a n...
- Bea said spelling boo-boo last post: “The priest was...
- contrarian said Female alter servers = insanity. It’s insane...
- frahobbit said Please pray for my co-workers: Lorraine needs a ne...
- Bea said Feast of the Sacred Heart last year: Two girls and...
- NBW said I would agree with Rose in NE. Our Parish doesn...
- frahobbit said PS As well as for Fr. Z’s intentions :)
- frahobbit said The petitions here are included in my prayers.
- Torpedo1 said I’ll pray for everyone here. Please pray for...
- JuliB said On Sat. I had my last test as part of the inaugura...
- BLB Oregon said In the pictures in the link Dave N. supplied, the...
- Ceile De said (Perhaps it’s an Eye of the Tiber story?)
- Ceile De said And what to make of Piero Marini being in charge o...
- Rose in NE said Let see, my old parish (about 3,000 families) allo...
- wmeyer said Bring the feminine back into the Church. Having gi...
- Cazienza said “Deaconess” hospitals are not invariab...
- Marie said My good news: After a year of very hard work by so...
- Catholic Hokie said When I was an altar boy growing up, they had both...
- maryh said Not only do female altar servers discourage vocati...
- mamamagistra said I’m struck by how much the LGBT movement has in co...
- teomatteo said Ahh…. so that is why gold’s elemental...
- Robbie said I’m somewhat torn by the second question. A...
- Fr. Augustine Thompson O.P. said For what it is worth, in the traditional Dominican...
- Liz said Please pray for my eldest who has been sick since...
- Athelstan said Black is customary and desirable for very good rea...
- BigRed said I will offer something I witnessed only a few week...
- greasemonkey said In the monastic rites albs are used. View some hi...
- APX said I can only speak from personal experiences that I...
- dmwallace said Now, what about CDW-funded scholarships for laymen...
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- OLDIE PODCAzT 119: The Holy Name and Blasphemy
- WDTPRS POLL: All-male sanctuary/altar service and vocations to the priesthood.
- QUAERITUR: The colors of altar boy cassocks
- Quilisma by Quilisma! ROME: A Masters Degree in Gregorian Chant!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Your Good News
- St. Golden Girl
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
- Need a review of what’s up with the LCWR?
- Guest Post: Use of Latin in the Ordinary Form
- Beauty break
- GUEST POST: “No more terrible Latin.”
- Francis and friend
- Looking for summer reading? Try book Pope Francis likes!
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- QUAERITUR: Getting married on a Friday. Must I abstain from meat? Fr. Z includes a brief rant.
- An exercise in fine noontime dining!
- FATHERS! Is your wi-fi, your network, secure? BISHOPS! Read this and ponder!
- Judge rules: Bp. Finn cannot be held liable in a civil lawsuit against a priest
- Again about validity of absolutions by SSPX priests
- Edgewood College to have a “Dominican Catholic mass”?
- Ramifications of the new normal
- Men want arguments!
- How the LCWR, Magisterium of Nuns, get around the Church’s teaching and hierarchy
- The Pope wasn’t killed by a nail to the skull
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Tag Archives: Le Barroux
I often listen to the Office sung by the Benedictine monks at Norcia and at Le Barroux.
Just for nice, here is the hymn for Vespers for St. Andrew, Apostle, sung by the monks at Le Barroux.
The monks sing a variation … Continue reading
Please use the sharing buttons! Thanks!
I often listen to the hours sung by the monks at Le Barroux. Today for Sext the melody of the usual text of the hymn Rector potens verax Deus was strikingly beautiful. Here … Continue reading
There are times when as I work or drive or walk I listen to the Office sung by Benedictine monks.
For those of you who would like to get to know more about Gregorian chant, or start a schola, I recommend … Continue reading
I sometimes listen the podcasts of the Benedictine monks at Norcia, in Italy. They record and post on demand recordings of their hours and Mass. Alas, they tend to go flat, a problem many groups have when singing psalms and … Continue reading
I have often mentioned that I think Gregorian chant sung by women only is ethereally beautiful. Listening to the new chant disk by the Benedictine nuns of Abbaye de Notre-Dame de l’Annonciation has confirmed my view.
The Benedictine nuns of the … Continue reading
A while back I posted about the Benedictine nuns who signed a recording contract. Read that here.
If you are a user of amazon.co.uk (the UK store for Amazon) you can pre-order their Gregorian chant CD.
I am sure that anyone … Continue reading
From Romualdica I learn that, for the occasion of the display of the Shroud of Turin, monks and the Abbot from the traditional Benedictine Abbey of Sainte-Madaleine at Le Barroux, France, will have a Solemn Abbatial (Extraordinary Use) Mass in … Continue reading