Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!Enter Amazon through my link, the image below (they took away our search box!), and I will get a small percentage of what you spend. (Pssst - Can't see it? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
Here's a generic "catholic" search start point for Amazon:
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Sawyer: @LeeGilber t, I saw Anthony Ruff’ ;s curt response to you at praytellbl og. He completely ignored your statements and question about the decline in belief about the Real Presence. He...
- Mike: Once one accepts that after Vatican 2 Jesuitism became Teilhardia n rather than Catholic, all this makes sense, insofar as it can.
- LeeGilbert: In response to SawyerR 17;s note that praytell was addressing Cdl Sarah̵ 7;s preface, I made the following comment there and hope that others will engage them as well. Well,...
- robtbrown: A distinctio n must be made between Hatha yoga, primarily a group of stretching and breathing exercise, and Mantra yoga, a method of meditation . A mantra is one word, often of one...
- Semper Gumby: Fr. Spadaro wrote: “In theology 2 + 2 can equal 5. Because it has to do with God and the real life of people… 221; Huh. In the real life of people writing 2+2=5 on your tax...
- Ellen: At our parish we have EMHC, but I always try to go where Father is distributi ng. I receive on the tongue – always. I’ve been to Mass at the chapel of the Fathers of Mercy where...
- Mariana2: Thanks, Father!
- bookworm: I don’ t see where mere positionin g without an explicit purpose of praying is enough to constitute prayer; if it were, then one would be potentiall y worshiping false gods or...
- Mariana2: Thanks, Father!
- Semper Gumby: Thank you Fr. Z for this excerpt from Garrigou-L agrange. Interestin g connection with this Station Church and St. Crispin of Henry V fame, Enrico Fermi, and ham sandwiches . Great...
- VexillaRegis: Dear Paul of St Paul, the CAF usually has reliable answers: https://ww w.catholic .com/magaz ine
- Eugene: Heavenly Father in thy great mercy I beg of Thee to bring this true Shepherd of souls, Cardinal Sarah to the throne of Peter as soon as possible so that right worship and right teach...
- Gabriel Syme: Why do we insist on communicat ing standing and on the hand? There are multiple answers to this question and the influence of each doubtless varies from person to person: 1) Lack of...
- Gabriel Syme: Another great contributi on from Cardinal Sarah. Meanwhile, the German Bishops have announced they are about to release “pas toral guidelines ” to permit the issuing of...
- HvonBlumenthal: Is there really a « dialogue » between the forms? Does anyone seriously think that the Ordinary Form has anything to offer the Extraordin ary, that from the Novus Ordo we can find...
- Ave Crux: Later, in a well publicized comment on “Twitter” which operates according to stable and constant principles of applied engineerin g,…& #8221; Fatherrrrr ….I failed to heed...
- Kennedy: robtbrown, Many thanks. The date of publicatio n of Third Millennium would fit in with the time frame when I attended his talk.
- Julia_Augusta: Pergolesi’ s Stabat Mater is a hauntingly beautiful piece. The best recording I have heard is the one with Andreas Scholl (counterte nor), Barbara Bonney, and Les Talents Lyriq...
- GregB: You need a mystical understand ing of the Mystical Body of Christ in order to understand the male priesthood . The relationsh ip between Christ and His Church is said to be spousal. Christ...
- tominrichmond: The current practice has become hard-wired unfortunat ely, since it seems to be the universal practice to instruct first communican ts to receive in the hand and standing; and if any...
- mo7: So while I TLM on Sundays, weekdays are the local NO. The priest at the N.O. always fishes around among the hosts to give me one of the broken pieces of the large host used at the consecr...
- Gaetano: I am sorry to say that this is not even close to the most heterodox practice at St. Francis Xavier. Also note that the altar does not serve as a stabilizer when you can’ t maint...
- Dan: Every time Cardinal Sarah speaks (or writes) I find myself saying. Yes! Yes! THAT!!!
- Paul of St Paul: I was not aware of Catholic concerns about yoga until this post. If Father or readers could spare the time I would appreciate a short post on this subject, or a link to a longer...
- Sawyer: The praytellbl og has picked up on Cardinal Sarah̵ 7;s remarks too. Over there the readers 217; comments are overwhelmi ngly mocking him for his suggestion , saying that his Euchar...
CLICK and say your daily offering!
- LENTCAzT 2018 10 – Ember Friday in the 1st Week of Lent: You cannot save yourself for the world
- Card. Sarah: return to Communion directly on the tongue while kneeling
- JUST TOO COOL: Recently received missal stand and statue of Our Lady
- Wherein Rutler thrashes @AntonioSpadaro
- BRAZIL: Did these bishops allow women to concelebrate Mass?
- Promoted by @JamesMartinSJ – Jesuits have yoga in church sanctuary at a school
- LENTCAzT 2018 09 – Thursday in the 1st Week of Lent: The inexhaustible virtue of the Word
- Fr. Murray on “lived experience”, “accompaniment”, “conscience”
- More news from the New catholic Red Guard
- Making the Church appealing. What “sells”?
- LENTCAzT 2018 08 – Wednesday in the 1st Week of Lent: Never ending combat
- 20 Feb – Feast of Sts Francisco and Jacinta of Fatima
- Of “paradigm shift” interest
- Spain: young people dancing a jota in reparation for blasphemy against the Blessed Virgin
- Mega-Masses and too many Hosts
- The State v. Self-Reliance
- LENTCAzT 2018 07 – Tuesday in the 1st Week of Lent: subtle temptation
- Attacks on the family
- My View For Awhile: Capital Edition
- Books for boys. Suggested titles and an additional point.
- LENTCAzT 2018 06 – Monday in the 1st Week of Lent: “I warned you!”
- Wherein Fr Longenecker schools @JamesMartinSJ
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- WDTPRS 1st Sunday of Lent (N.O.): The Lenten “Sacrament”
- LENTCAzT 2018 05 – 1st Sunday of Lent: Anger and Reason
- Commandments are NOT mere “ideals” from which some are excused because, “They’re tooo haaard!” Wherein Fr. Z rants.
- JUST TOO COOL – Cops, ashes, and podcasts
- VIDEO Fr. Murray and Prof. Royal on some tough issues
- LENTCAzT 2018 04 – Ash Saturday: Getting ready for… it.
- Pontifical Requiem Mass for a great lover of the Church’s sacred liturgy
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
A book by an old friend…
Tag Archives: Leadership Conference of Women Religious
The dying out of women religious, and the crisis of religious, priestly vocations. Wherein Fr. Z rants.
If anyone in the English speaking world knows what the status quaestionis is concerning American women religious it’s Ann Carey. She has written insightful books about, especially, why some orders are imploding from their own suicide pact with modernity. See … Continue reading
We need an update on the Assembly of the Great Swirly, the LCWR annual confab at the Hyatt Regency in Houston.
They had a speech by one Fr. Stephen Bevans, SVD. No, he’s a priest. He couldn’t be bothered to dress like … Continue reading
As July zooms by, and August swiftly comes, we all recall I’m sure that quote of Emerson, “Do what we can, summer will have its flies.”
Thus, my mind turns to the upcoming annual assembly of the Leadership Conference of Women Religious, LCWR.
Once again, … Continue reading
The LCWR meeting is underway in Nashville! And I am not there, because they rejected me after I applied for credentials.
Where’s the transparency?
The Fishwrap is even concerned about their stonewalling. HERE
But wait! There’s more!
Also in Fishwrap (aka the National Schismatic Reporter) … Continue reading
This is big. From the site of the CDF.
This is pretty much self-explanatory. Just read it through.
CONTEXT: Remember that the nuns were trying to spin what the US bishops and the CDF were, and are, doing as payback for their … Continue reading
I am confused about something.
The website of Vatican Radio shows that they did a piece on Future Church.
What is Future Church? HERE
This is from their site’s sidebar:
Visit their ABOUT page HERE. They want married clergy and priestesses.
Advancing Women … Continue reading
On Coast to Coast AM (the radio show) the other night they were talking about Martians living on earth.
As it turns out, Martians mixed it up with the Celts a long time ago. This is why there are Celts with … Continue reading
If some of you are wondering what is going on with the Leadership Conference of Women Religious, there is a good summary piece at the National Catholic Register. That’s the Register, not the National Schismatic Reporter (aka Fishwrap… which is … Continue reading
I missed this the other day. On review, it is important enough to post about.
Over at Fishwrap, the National Schismatic Reporter, there is an interview with the head of the LCWR, Sr. Florence Deacon, from 7 May, while she was … Continue reading
It is hardly a surprise that bloggers and Catholic media outlets are not writing in greater detail about what Pope Francis told the international sisters group the other day.
Given that the American sisters over there were wowed by the fact … Continue reading
Here is something that I never thought I would write.
Fr. Z kudos to Jamie Manson of the National Schismatic Reporter.
One of Fishwrap‘s headliners, a darling of LCWR, the openly-lesbian, Margaret Farley-mentored Jamie Manson has sobered up about Pope Francis.
She has … Continue reading
Today Pope Francis met with some 800 leaders of women’s religious institutes from around the world in an organization called the International Union of Superiors General (UISG). Think of an international version of the LCWR.
This meeting of women religious in … Continue reading
National Catholic Reporter teams up with Ford Foundation backed entity to hide the truth about the Holy See’s ‘Doctrinal Assesment’ of the LCWR
Every year around Christmas and Easter, the usual hyenas emerge from the brush to worry at the Church’s heels. This year, as a little gift to the Christ Child, the National Catholic Reporter (aka Fishwrap) has teamed up with an … Continue reading
Tom Fox of the Fishwrap was one the honored invited speakers at the recent meeting of the Leadership Conference of Women Religious (LCWR – a subsidiary of the Magisterium of Nuns). He has a brief but gushy post at … Continue reading
I posted a video of the Leadership Conference of Women Religious assembly’s keynote speaker, Barbara Marx Hubbard, HERE. If you were able to get through even part of it, you have an idea of what NunThink involves and why the CDF … Continue reading
On the site of the National catholic Fishwrap there is a story about a meeting of the past presidents of the Leadership Conference of Women Religious (LCWR – a subsidiary of the Magisterium of Nuns). The story, by their obedient … Continue reading
Let’s hear a little bit of what the Nuns of the LCWR will hear during their assembly.
Here is a video of their chosen and honored keynote speaker: Barbara Marx Hubbard.
Try to get through this. Seriously. It is a real education … Continue reading
The Survivors Network of those Abused by Priests (SNAP) is planning on protesting outside the hotel where the Leadership Conference of Women Religious are meeting in their annual assembly. Why? For years they have been trying to work with the … Continue reading