Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!Enter Amazon through my link, the image below (they took away our search box!), and I will get a small percentage of what you spend. (Pssst - Can't see it? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
Here's a generic "catholic" search start point for Amazon:
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Michael Haz: Was the papal aricraft flying ad orientem or do we not know?
- frjim4321: Moving to private email̷ 0;.
- frjim4321: just a few … believe me, I know how to do it … [Until someone shows you a better way.]
CLICK and say your daily offering!
- My View For A While: Counter March
- #March4Life numbers and Pres. Trump’s words
- DC March for Life 2018 – DAY 2: Forward MARCH!
- DC March for Life 2018 – DAY 1: Paintings and plots
- Canonist Ed Peters on the Papal mid-air airplane nuptials
- The Pope marries a couple on the papal airplane. Hmmm.
- Big Business Is WATCHING!
- My View For Awhile: March For Life 2018 Edition
- “The Triumph of Marcantonio Colonna” described
- ASK FATHER: Would anything prevent a priest from always using the traditional formula of absolution?
- 2 Feb – MADISON – Candlemas – Pontifical Mass at the Throne
- Card. Müller on authority of Popes, possibility of others correcting contradictory papal teachings
- ASK FATHER: If I remember a sin after confessing, should I interrupt the priest and tell him?
- An Armenian bishop “ordains” a deaconette
- Two seriously ugly signs of the times involving papal honors and the silencing of bells
- BOOK RECEIVED about Martin Luther (not King but by “King”)
- ASK FATHER: How do I find out which territorial parish I live in?
- Who cares what libs think? Boldly recover and use great traditional items and vesture of yore.
- ASK FATHER: If I confess to watching porn, must I say it was homosexual porn?
- ACTION ITEM! Petition against removal of historic Cross where Fr. Marquette died
- ASK FATHER: We want our children to have reverent Masses. Can we go to the SSPX chapel?
- VIDEO Bp. Athanasius Schneider interview about “Amoris laetitia” Controversy
- ASK FATHER: Should I tell a noisy penitent that we can hear everything said in the confessional?
- Observing the Feast of the Ass – 14 January
- A false #missilethreat is NOTHING compared to this REAL DEATH THREAT
- 14 Jan – Happy Feast of the Ass!
- Fr. Murray on EWTN with outstanding commentary on recent developments
- Wherein @MassimoFaggioli tosses another nastygram at the “rigorist” straw man
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
A book by an old friend…
Tag Archives: Leadership Conference of Women Religious
I posted a video of the Leadership Conference of Women Religious assembly’s keynote speaker, Barbara Marx Hubbard, HERE. If you were able to get through even part of it, you have an idea of what NunThink involves and why the CDF … Continue reading
On the site of the National catholic Fishwrap there is a story about a meeting of the past presidents of the Leadership Conference of Women Religious (LCWR – a subsidiary of the Magisterium of Nuns). The story, by their obedient … Continue reading
Let’s hear a little bit of what the Nuns of the LCWR will hear during their assembly.
Here is a video of their chosen and honored keynote speaker: Barbara Marx Hubbard.
Try to get through this. Seriously. It is a real education … Continue reading
The Survivors Network of those Abused by Priests (SNAP) is planning on protesting outside the hotel where the Leadership Conference of Women Religious are meeting in their annual assembly. Why? For years they have been trying to work with the … Continue reading
The leaders of a certain kind of community of women religious will be gathering today in St. Louis for the annual meeting of the Leadership Conference of Women Religious (LCWR – a subsidiary of the Magisterium of Nuns).
After refusing to … Continue reading
From the LCWR… er ummm… Fishwrap. The National Catholic Reporter has an article on the LCWR’s keynote speaker: Barbara Marx Hubbard.
Read below and then ponder why the LCWR refused to allow the CDF’s liaison Bp. Sartain to attend their assembly. … Continue reading
Are the LCWR and lefty mainstream media distracting attention from abuse of children by women religious?
My friend The Motley Monk has a must read piece at American Catholic about the LCWR and what is, and isn’t, behind the recent “hostile takeover” by the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith.
Read the whole thing THERE, but here … Continue reading
The long-anticipated annual assembly of the Leadership Conference of Women Religious will soon begin in St. Louis, MO. The local ordinary, Archbp. Robert Carlson is slated to speak at the assembly. There is an article about the assembly at the … Continue reading
Archbp. Sartain offered to attend LCWR Assembly. In a spirit of dialogue, The Nuns rejected his gesture.
The other day in the National Catholic Register, I read a piece about the upcoming annual assembly of the Leadership Conference of Women Religious (LCWR – a subsidiary of the Magisterium of Nuns). The writer, Ann Carey, is all over this … Continue reading
From the Guardian:
Vatican orthodoxy does not represent all American Catholics
Conservatives in the Catholic Church are pushing back against reformers, but progressives can find allies: it’s a broad church
“Quit the church … Put women’s rights over bishops’ wrongs,” proclaim the … Continue reading
Over at FishwrapI understand from Fishwrap that some members of the 112th Congress’ 2nd session have introduced a resolution in support of Catholic sisters!
Exciting, I know.
The House Resolution conflates all Catholic sisters in the USA with the leadership of certain groups of … Continue reading
I noted on the site of the BBC that obese people are contributing to the world food crisis and climate change.
This is such a worrisome problem that the Sisters of St. Francis in Philadelphia have decided to go after McDonalds.
Since … Continue reading
In the recent interview in the Fishwrap with the CDF’s Prefect Card. Levada, there were some fascinating things.
He revealed quite a lot about the manner of work of the CDF, he admitted that he made a mistake, he described the … Continue reading
The LCWR’s leadership will now debate whether or not they want the Church’s true Magisterium in their lives.
They are poised to become irrelevant. Then, irrelevant, the biological solution will have its way with them and all their institutes, which have no vocations.
There … Continue reading