Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!
Enter Amazon through my link. Use the search bar below. Fr Z will get a small percentage of what you spend.
Here's Fr. Z's "catholic" search for Amazon: US HERE - UK HERE And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
Coat of Arms by D Burkart
Send Snail Mail to Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Therese: I share the concerns of the above posters; was this done so we could “all move on” without looking too closely into the essential details of the matter? The principals of this...
- Gregg the Obscure: To use a phrase I’ve seen on these pages many times in happier contexts “it& #8217;s not nothing 221;. When taken with the advancemen t of Cdl. Farrell – who...
- Father G: Toward the end of the article Pecknold writes, “Els ewhere, openness to the world has meant̷ 0;turning altars around to the face the people rather than the dying Jesus on the...
- Fallibilissimo: I have to try this. I love these little fish. For those concerned with heavy metals (Hg) in fish, which is now a very real concern, these little guys are a wonderful soluti...
- grateful: I think I’m going to cry.
- Greg Hlatky: So, how’ s that “ass imilation& #8221; stuff working out?
- pgs: Dear Fr. Z, Was this “adm inistrativ e penal process 221; used because the evidence was clear and overwhelmi ng? Or did it allow for a judgment without delving into what the hierar...
- Dismas: I expect that Mr. McCarrick will keep his silence. His public image may have been destroyed, yet I doubt that his material comfort will be diminished . Well, so long as he keeps his trap...
- Semper Gumby: You’ re welcome jameeka. GregB: Thanks for the tip about Dr. Pitre̵ 7;s YouTube videos.
- Julia_Augusta: But who made McCarrick a cardinal? JPII, isn’t it? What did he know about McCarrick? We need to know what JPII knew and if he knew of McCarrick’ s misdeeds, we need to know why he...
- robtbrown: Kent Wendler, Are you from Hays?
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf: Gab says: TV show, cooking and delivering a sermon weaved in with the dish Well, sardines would make it easy. After a quick explicatio n of the symbolism of the parts of the...
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf: I think I would make a special trip to Kansas to observe that. It’s long, however. The rite, that is. I’d probably pack a lunch and thermos.
- Fr. John Zuhlsdorf: AureEntulu va says: bones They are very fine and the spine somewhat sturdier. You could simply crunch up the whole thing without doing you harm. Otherwise, with a little care,...
- HobokenZephyr: So was this a result of the Solicitati on in the Confession al charge, or did that just make the whole process quicker without having to legally substantia te the other things?
- Ms. M-S: Oh, Fr. Z, please change it to “Don ’t be afraid to try new things in the kitchen 221;! Otherwise, I’m afraid someone from the Reformed Catholic crowd trawling (or...
- jaykay: I am a great fan of “oil y” fish, particular ly sardines and herring. So rasy to cook as well, the danger is the temptation to overcook them. I really pigged out on sardi...
- KateD: When I first saw a pic of McCarrick, I thought I was looking at the late Saint Pope John Paul II. Cardinal Kevin Farrell is a ringer for Cardinal Timothy Dolan.
- KateD: Amen, Professor!
- KateD: The desire for peace when Christians are suffering so much at the hands of groups like ISIS and Boko Haram is understand able, but God did not will Islam. One does not arrive at peace...
- Anita Moore, O.P.(lay): Chuck Ludd, consider the case of the priest I mentioned above who was caught with child porn. He was putting out a newsletter to his supporters from behind bars, and was...
- Gab: Such a good cook you are, Father. Five fishes, eh? I can see you in your own TV show, cooking and delivering a sermon weaved in with the dish du jour at the same time!
- Chuck Ludd: I’ve always wondered a bit about laicizatio n as a penalty — does it give the wrong impression to people that men can come and go as a priest or bishop? If he is laicized he...
- MikeRogers: I brought it & am reading it, very informativ e to say the least. I anticipate this will take me about a year to read as I do a bit each nite. I may have to get a book on the psalms...
- MikeRogers: I brought it & am reading it, very informativ e to say the least. I anticipate this will take me about a year to read as I do a bit each nite.
CLICK and say your daily offerings!
- Suffering and attacks on the Church’s “Eldest Daughter”
- Mister McCarrick
- Fr. Z’s Kitchen: Shiny little fish!
- Interesting observation by @CCPecknold about laicization of McCarrick
- WDTPRS – Septuagesima Sunday: PRE-LENT BEGINS!
- Of Flaring Suns and Starry Nights
- A quick book plug: A Catholic Introduction to the Bible: The Old Testament
- Opportunity: R.I.P.
- POLL: Prayers after Mass
- “Know also this, that, in the last days, shall come dangerous times.”
- Do you know priests who are struggling, under attack? Terrific movement: Seven Sisters Apostolate
- Movement in the causes of Bl. John Henry Newman and Card. József Mindszenty
- ASK FATHER: During sick call, tea and biscuits before administering Communion
- Another look at Catholic/Islamic statement: “diversity of religions … are willed by God in His wisdom”
- Your Good News
- “Rumors that a certain prelate threatens his orthodox priests with institutionalization or laicization are not rumors… they are truth”
- BREAKING: Rubrics and color-blindness
- Card. Kasper attacks Card. Müller who publicly proclaimed Catholic doctrine
- Thoughts about ‘ad orientem’ worship and priests being bullied
- How many baptist pastors are married?
- 10 February – St. José Sánchez del Río, Martyr
- Fr. Z’s Kitchen: Coda alla Vaccinara with digressions into Roman stuff, like a new old confraternity
- TRANS-NEPTUNIAN COMET APPROACHES EARTH
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- PODCAzT 170: Card. Müller – Manifesto of Faith: “Let not your heart be troubled!”
- WDTPRS: 5th Sunday after Epiphany AND 5th Ordinary Sunday: Familial military or martial family?
- L’Affaire McCarrick: Soon to be “Mister”
- When winter gets reeeeeally long
- PODCAzT 169: Bp. Athanasius Schneider on “the only God-willed religion”
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
This blog has to earn its keep!
PLEASE subscribe if it is useful.
That way I have steady income I can plan on, and you wind up regularly on my list of benefactors for whom I pray and for whom I periodically say Holy Mass.
For a one time donation...
I set up a
CONTINUE TO GIVE
account, which functions rather like PayPal. Some of you use it. Here is a QCode you can use with your smart phones. Try it!
Also, to receive a link to donate via Continue To Give using your smart phone SEND MESSAGE:
4827563 TO: 715-803-4772 (USA)
Some donations also come through CHASE. That works well. I don't think they take any percentage as fees.
New miscellaneous releases and events
Do you want to show some appreciation?
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
My "challenge coin" for my 25th anniversary of ordination in 2016.
Want one? I do exchanges with military and LEOs, etc. and you can make a donation.
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
Be a “Zed-Head”!
Fathers, you don’t know who might show up! It could be a “big fish” of one sort or other…
And... GO TO CONFESSION!
“And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.”
- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
Support Military Chaplains!
Visits tracked by Statcounter since Sat., 25 Nov. 2006:
What people say about Fr. Z
"The great Father Zed, Archiblogopoios" - Fr. John Hunwicke
"Some 2 bit novus ordo cleric" - Anonymous
"Rev. John Zuhlsdorf, a traditionalist blogger who has never shied from picking fights with priests, bishops or cardinals when liturgical abuses are concerned." - Kractivism
"Father John Zuhlsdorf is a crank"
"Father Zuhlsdorf drives me crazy"
"the hate-filled Father John Zuhlsford" [sic]
"Father John Zuhlsdorf, the right wing priest who has a penchant for referring to NCR as the 'fishwrap'"
"Zuhlsdorf is an eccentric with no real consequences" - HERE
- Michael Sean Winters
"Fr Z is a true phenomenon of the information age: a power blogger and a priest." - Anna Arco
“Given that Rorate Coeli and Shea are mad at Fr. Z, I think it proves Fr. Z knows what he is doing and he is right.” - Comment
"Let me be clear. Fr. Z is a shock jock, mostly. His readership is vast and touchy. They like to be provoked and react with speed and fury." - Sam Rocha
"Father Z’s Blog is a bright star on a cloudy night." - Comment
"A cross between Kung Fu Panda and Wolverine." - Anonymous
Fr. Z is officially a hybrid of Gandalf and Obi-Wan XD - Comment
Rev. John Zuhlsdorf, a scrappy blogger popular with the Catholic right. - America Magazine
RC integralist who prays like an evangelical fundamentalist. -Austen Ivereigh on Twitter
[T]he even more mainline Catholic Fr. Z. blog. -Deus Ex Machina
“For me the saddest thing about Father Z’s blog is how cruel it is.... It’s astonishing to me that a priest could traffic in such cruelty and hatred.” - Jesuit homosexualist James Martin to BuzzFeed
"Fr. Z's is one of the more cheerful blogs out there and he is careful about keeping the crazies out of his commboxes" - Paul in comment at 1 Peter 5
"I am a Roman Catholic, in no small part, because of your blog.
I am a TLM-going Catholic, in no small part, because of your blog.
And I am in a state of grace today, in no small part, because of your blog."
- Tom in comment
"Thank you for the delightful and edifying omnibus that is your blog."- Reader comment.
Our Lady of the Clergy, Pray for us!