You keep this blog going.
Search Fr. Z’s Blog
When you shop…When you shop through Amazon, please come HERE first and enter Amazon through my search box or one of my links. I will then get a small percentage of everything you buy. (Pssst... if you can't see the search box, turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!) A search box for Amazon UK is at the bottom of the blog.
Click the image below and say your “Daily Offering”
- Phil_NL said Darrin, You – and everyone else here –...
- John Fannon said A wonderful prayer. The 3 pleas could be considere...
- Joe of St Thérèse said Although I live in Idaho, I am constantly in the A...
- Bob B. said @Will D. Two years and he hasn’t done anyth...
- El Salvador Awaits Abp. Romero Beatification - Big Pulpit said [...] Frye, Catholic Answers If Atheists Can Go to...
- TraditionalCatholicGirl said I understand that the majority of abuses that comm...
- PatriciusOenus said @ Nan Of course I know the difference. What did I...
- Anchorite said Disgusting. Simply disgusting. I am still amazed t...
- jeff said So having insultingly bad liturgy has ecumenical i...
- Will D. said “Archbishop Gomez has had two years to clean...
- skl said Wow. “Comedy Missal?” Typing on my pho...
- skl said I cannot even bear to watch, I think. However, on...
- Darrin said Honestly, I find the interpretation of what Franci...
- Giuseppe said @OrthodoxChick – I agree that Pope Francis (...
- Bob B. said Unfortunately, I have been to quite a few of the L...
- Katylamb said I wouldn’t be very comfortable at either one...
- BLB Oregon said –”What did we expect? 40 years of bad...
- iPadre said Is the second the Baptist Ordinariate? Please forg...
- albinus1 said One of the sisters is a former student of mine. G...
- PAT said Introduction to the Extraordinary Form Mass with F...
- “Diaconate Couples”? said [...] reader noted the following item, posted by t...
- Jeanette said Cheesesteak Expert – the Filioque is hardly...
- Dave N. said Sadly, this mess (and several new ones) just conti...
- wanda said Ha! That was and still is one of my favorite comi...
- joecct77 said There are some weddings that are a 3 ring circus.
- Sandy said southernpriest, that was a beautiful comment! Mot...
- Marion Ancilla Mariae said I understand and agree that the Church has never p...
- gambletrainman said pelerin: Speaking of angels on skateboards, did yo...
- southernpriest said Just watched the videos and had several reactions....
- discipulus said I believe the celebrant Auxiliary Bishop in the LA...
Wyoming Catholic College!
A great new biography of St. Francis of Assisi by Fr. Augustine Thompson, OP, who posts here now and then. Learn about the saint after whom Pope Francis purposely chose his name.
Help Monks in Wyoming, Fr. Z, and get great coffee too!
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Buy “Say The Black Do The Red” stuff
Show public support!
LEAVE VOICEMAIL!I reactivated my phone numbers whereby you can leave me voicemail which I could, perhaps, use in future PODCAzTs. I do not answer these numbers. Leave voicemail.
UK: +44 20 8133 4535
US: +1 651 447 6265
if I can use this in a podcast
if you want to be anonymous
- WDTPRS Trinity Sunday – shared glory, majesty’s gift
- Something funny for Friday
- “Liturgies” compared
- Pope Francis’ Prayer to Mary
- QUAERITUR: Greek island without a Catholic church on Sunday
- Praise ye him, O sun and moon: praise him, all ye stars and light.
- Pope Francis on the possibility of salvation for atheists
- A Pastor’s Page: We are Catholic to the extent that we accept Church teaching in its entirety.
- Pope Francis and the “exorcism”
- A priest reacts to priests reacting to the new translation
- Dominican Sisters in FINALE of American Bible Challenge! PREVIEW VIDEO
- A new Catholic “whistle-blower” group
- Ed Peters on the suicide at Notre-Dame de Paris
- QUAERITUR: Can Father require all servers to stand to receive Communion?
- Lest We Forget: Of surveys, liturgical translations and whining
- ATTENTION PRIESTS
- Disasters, Death, and You
- Learning from disaster
- OLDIE PODCAzT 119: The Holy Name and Blasphemy
- WDTPRS POLL: All-male sanctuary/altar service and vocations to the priesthood.
- QUAERITUR: The colors of altar boy cassocks
- Quilisma by Quilisma! ROME: A Masters Degree in Gregorian Chant!
- YOUR URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
- Your Good News
- St. Golden Girl
- QUAERITUR: Wives of deacons aren’t deacons too, are they?
- WDTPRS: Pentecost Sunday: weaving and imbuing and saving and dyeing
- Computer RAM question
- WDTPRS – Vigil of Pentecost (1962MR): from gerbils to lions
- Pres. Obama’s disrespect for the military
Because you asked…
Fr. Z’s KINDLE Wish List
Grab and Go Food Kit… 3 servings per day for 1 adult for 4 weeks or 4 adults for 1 week
Tag Archives: Leo the Great
This is the Feast of the Incarnation. It was postponed a bit this year, because the actual date 25 March fell during Holy Week. Thus, we observe it on the first day available after the Easter Octave.
Today, in any event, … Continue reading
Today is Holy Saturday. Tonight the Triduum ends.
This podcast is longer, so that we can look at a few more dimensions of this special day.
We hear today about the ancient Roman Station, thoughts from St. Ambrose, St. Leo, Benedict XVI, … Continue reading
Today is the 5th Sunday of Lent.
We hear today about the ancient Roman Station, St. Peter’s in the Vatican, something by Leo the Great, and a thought from Benedict XVI.
O marvelous power of the Cross! O ineffable glory of … Continue reading
Today is Saturday of the 4th Week of Lent.
We hear today about the ancient Roman Station, something by Leo the Great, and a thought from Benedict XVI.
It is here that the immaculate blood of the Lamb erased our condemnation … Continue reading
Today is Thursday of the 1st Week of Lent.
Today we hear from Pope Leo the Great (+461) his successor Pope Benedict XVI. How can we not focus on him during these last days of his pontificate? A taste…
If you do … Continue reading
I am continuing with my 5 minute daily podcasts to help your preparation for the upcoming feast.
And so, here is ADVENTCAzT 17, for Tuesday of the 3rd Week of Advent.
Technorati Tags: ADVENT, ADVENTCAzT, Dietrich Bonhoeffer, Leo the Great, podcast
In the newer Roman calendar this is the feast of Pope Saint Leo I, “the Great” (+461). In the older, traditional calendar, his feast is 11 April.
You could perhaps pray to St. Leo that he will intercede with God to … Continue reading
In the traditional calendar of our Holy Roman Catholic Church we find that today is the feast of St. Pope Leo I, "the Great" (+461), a great statesman and spiritual guide, a strong father to his flock, and defender of … Continue reading