Search Fr. Z’s Blog
SHOPPING ONLINE? Please, always come here first!Enter Amazon through my link, the image below (they took away our search box!), and I will get a small percentage of what you spend. (Pssst - Can't see it? Turn off your "ad-blocker" for this site!)
Here's a generic "catholic" search start point for Amazon:
And you do need a Kindle! - HERE
“This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
YOUR RECENT COMMENTS
- Sixupman: Nothing for me to say – except a good laugh for the truth.
- Semper Gumby: Great email from that priest, post, and book. God bless our priests. Great comments.
- Jim Dorchak: I live in Chile and the most common phrase heard here is: Pope Who?
CLICK and say your daily offering!
- Card. Burke speaks up
- #OafForADay – Deacon in vestments and a dog mask
- We Are Our Rites! Wherein Fr. Z rants after reading Peter Kwasniewski
- Rutler writes about “men with chests”. The “impossible dream”?
- The Pope wants to hear from you. No. Really. He wants the “sensus fidelium”.
- Your Sunday Sermon Notes
- From a priest: an interesting experience saying Mass
- OLDIE PODCAzT 127: The Eve of St. Agnes and a Bleak Midwinter
- My View For A While: Counter March
- #March4Life numbers and Pres. Trump’s words
- DC March for Life 2018 – DAY 2: Forward MARCH!
- DC March for Life 2018 – DAY 1: Paintings and plots
- Canonist Ed Peters on the Papal mid-air airplane nuptials
- The Pope marries a couple on the papal airplane. Hmmm.
- Big Business Is WATCHING!
- My View For Awhile: March For Life 2018 Edition
- “The Triumph of Marcantonio Colonna” described
- ASK FATHER: Would anything prevent a priest from always using the traditional formula of absolution?
- 2 Feb – MADISON – Candlemas – Pontifical Mass at the Throne
- Card. Müller on authority of Popes, possibility of others correcting contradictory papal teachings
- ASK FATHER: If I remember a sin after confessing, should I interrupt the priest and tell him?
- An Armenian bishop “ordains” a deaconette
- Two seriously ugly signs of the times involving papal honors and the silencing of bells
- BOOK RECEIVED about Martin Luther (not King but by “King”)
- ASK FATHER: How do I find out which territorial parish I live in?
- Who cares what libs think? Boldly recover and use great traditional items and vesture of yore.
- ASK FATHER: If I confess to watching porn, must I say it was homosexual porn?
- ACTION ITEM! Petition against removal of historic Cross where Fr. Marquette died
- ASK FATHER: We want our children to have reverent Masses. Can we go to the SSPX chapel?
Let us pray…
Grant unto thy Church, we beseech Thee, O merciful God, that She, being gathered together by the Holy Ghost, may be in no wise troubled by attack from her foes. O God, who by sin art offended and by penance pacified, mercifully regard the prayers of Thy people making supplication unto Thee,and turn away the scourges of Thine anger which we deserve for our sins. Almighty and Everlasting God, in whose Hand are the power and the government of every realm: look down upon and help the Christian people that the heathen nations who trust in the fierceness of their own might may be crushed by the power of thine Arm. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, God, world without end. R. Amen.
New miscellaneous releases and events
Yes, Fr. Z is taking ads…
A great hymnal…
Because it matters what children read…
I carry one of these super-strong rosaries in my spare mag pouch! The Swiss Guards have them too!
Because you don’t know when you are going to need to move fast or get along without the supermarket…
PLEASE RESPOND. Pretty pleeeease?Loading ...
WDTPRS POLLLoading ...
Fr. Z’s stuff is everywhere
Help support Fr. Z’s Gospel of Life work at no cost to you. Do you need a Real Estate Agent? Calling these people is the FIRST thing you should do!
GREAT causes to support
Help Monks in Wyoming (coffee – UPDATED LINK) and Norcia (beer) and the wonderful "Soap Sisters" of Summit, NJ!
Please follow me on Twitter!
If you travel internationally, this is a super useful gizmo for your mobile internet data. I use one. If you get one through my link, I get data rewards.
A book by an old friend…
Tag Archives: Liturgiam authenticam
By now you have seen coverage of a letter that his Holiness of Our Lord Pope Francis sent to an Italian site, La Nuova Bussola, for publication. [HERE] Inter alia, it explains something about the meaning of Magnum principium, Pope Francis’ … Continue reading
And so it begins.
When Magnum principium came out (which increased the role of bishops conferences in the preparation of liturgical translations), I mentioned that the Germans are usually the problem. HERE
Now there’s this from the Catholic Herald. My emphases and comments.
Cardinals Marx and … Continue reading
People ran around with their hair on fire a while back when Pope Francis changed the process by which translations of the liturgical texts are prepared. He gave a greater role to bishops conferences.
I read today at the National Catholic … Continue reading
You may have heard that there is an initiative underway to “review” or “study” vernacular translations of the texts of Mass and the norms according to which they are to be prepared as given in Liturgiam authenticam. This would be … Continue reading
Some time ago I issued a serious rant. HERE I think you should take it to heart.
From Sandro Magister:
A Firing, a Demolition: Behold the New Curia
The reform of the Vatican curia that Pope Francis is carrying out is being done … Continue reading
For decades we Latin Church Catholics in the English speaking world suffered from hideous liturgical translations, prepared by ICEL.
Remember what they were like? Here is the quintessential, typical, emblematic, prototypical, illustrative, archetypal, representative Obsolete ICEL prayer:
you are so big.
Help us … Continue reading
Readers of Protect the Pope have informed us that Bishop Thomas McMahon has acted decisively against Fr Butler’s letter advocating that they abandon the revised Roman Missal by writing to the priests of Brentwood diocese to refute his arguments and … Continue reading
Liturgiam authenticam is in force. We have receive a revision of the euchological formulae for Holy Mass in the Novus Ordo. What about the lectionary? Does anyone think the Lectionary needs some work?
An irritated priest friend … Continue reading
I noticed this in the newsletter of the USCCB’s Committee for Divine Worship:
Liturgy of the Hours
Among the many liturgical books affected by the implementation of the Roman Missal, Third Edition, none has generated more questions or interest than the Liturgy … Continue reading
Many readers are sending me links to liturgical writers and pages and blogs, liberals, frothing about changes the Holy See is making to the English translation of the Roman Missal approved in 2008 by the USCCB and given the nod … Continue reading
On the site of the National Catholic Fishwrap, Eugene Kennedy, ex-priest and humanistic psychologist, attacks the "reform of the reform". He is actually attacking the new translation of the Roman Missal.
His piece is so turgid that it is … Continue reading
A reader alerted me to this:
Vatican making final review of English liturgical translations By Cindy Wooden – Catholic News Service
Monday, 01 February 2010
The Congregation for Divine Worship and the Sacraments is pulling together the final version of … Continue reading